Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,031 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:45 AM

What Does Islam Teach Us Regarding Haters? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / What Does Islam Teach Us Regarding Haters? (5895 Views)

Does Islam Prohibit Smoking Or Selling Drugs? And Drinking Or Selling Alcohol? I / Does Islam Forbids Contraceptive Pills? / Does Islam Have Ten Commandments? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does Islam Teach Us Regarding Haters? by Rilwayne001: 12:38pm On May 25, 2017
From Hamza Andreas Tzortis' Facebook page

A key principle involves turning haters in to close friends. How?

The Qur’an makes it clear:

Respond to evil with something better.

Surah Fussilat, Verse 34:
وَلَا تَسْتَوِي الْحَسَنَةُ وَلَا السَّيِّئَةُ ادْفَعْ بِالَّتِي هِيَ أَحْسَنُ فَإِذَا الَّذِي بَيْنَكَ وَبَيْنَهُ عَدَاوَةٌ كَأَنَّهُ وَلِيٌّ حَمِيمٌ

The good deed and the evil deed are not alike. Repel the evil deed with one which is better, then lo! he, between whom and thee there was enmity (will become) as though he was a bosom friend.

If that doesn’t work, then always reply with words of peace:

Surah Al-Furqan, Verse 63:
وَعِبَادُ الرَّحْمَٰنِ الَّذِينَ يَمْشُونَ عَلَى الْأَرْضِ هَوْنًا وَإِذَا خَاطَبَهُمُ الْجَاهِلُونَ قَالُوا سَلَامًا

For, [true] servants of the Most Gracious are [only] they who walk gently on earth, and who, whenever the foolish address them, reply with [words of] peace;

Another key principle is to not be blinded by hatred. Don’t let hatred make you swerve from fairness. You may even learn something from those who hate you.

Surah Al-Maeda, Verse 8:
يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا كُونُوا قَوَّامِينَ لِلَّهِ شُهَدَاءَ بِالْقِسْطِ وَلَا يَجْرِمَنَّكُمْ شَنَآنُ قَوْمٍ عَلَىٰ أَلَّا تَعْدِلُوا اعْدِلُوا هُوَ أَقْرَبُ لِلتَّقْوَىٰ وَاتَّقُوا اللَّهَ إِنَّ اللَّهَ خَبِيرٌ بِمَا تَعْمَلُونَ

O YOU who have attained to faith! Be ever steadfast in your devotion to God, bearing witness to the truth in all equity; and never let hatred of any-one lead you into the sin of deviating from justice. Be just: this is closest to being God-conscious. And remain conscious of God: verily, God is aware of all that you do

Don’t give up on using these timeless principles. Remember, the reward for goodness, is good itself:

Surah Al-Rahman, Verse 60:
هَلْ جَزَاءُ الْإِحْسَانِ إِلَّا الْإِحْسَانُ
Is there any reward for good other than good?

Cc: Sissie, Lalaaticlala, Friendng, Tintingz, Demmzy15, Empiree.

22 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Does Islam Teach Us Regarding Haters? by Demmzy15(m): 1:34pm On May 25, 2017
Jazaka Allaah Kayran Ya Akhi, very beneficial! wink

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Does Islam Teach Us Regarding Haters? by FriendNG: 1:35pm On May 25, 2017
Rilwayne001:
From Hamza Andreas Tzortis' Facebook page

A key principle involves turning haters in to close friends. How?

The Qur’an makes it clear:

Respond to evil with something better.

If that doesn’t work, then always reply with words of peace:

Another key principle is to not be blinded by hatred. Don’t let hatred make you swerve from fairness. You may even learn something from those who hate you.

Don’t give up on using these timeless principles. Remember, the reward for goodness, is good itself:

Surah Al-Rahman, Verse 60:
هَلْ جَزَاءُ الْإِحْسَانِ إِلَّا الْإِحْسَانُ
Is there any reward for good other than good?

Cc: Sissie, Lalaaticlala, Friendng, Tintingz, Demmzy15, Empiree.

Fabi ayyi Alaaa'i rabbikuma tukazziban.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Does Islam Teach Us Regarding Haters? by tintingz(m): 1:37pm On May 25, 2017
I've watched a debate of Hamza Andreas Tzortis a greek muslim with an atheist Lawrence Krauss. He's quite good.

@OP, unfortunately haters here are not following Quran words, I won't mention names.

1 Like

Re: What Does Islam Teach Us Regarding Haters? by Rilwayne001: 1:54pm On May 25, 2017
tintingz:
I've watched a debate of Hamza Andreas Tzortis a greek muslim with an atheist Lawrence Krauss. He's quite good.

I've been following him for quite a while now, but I lost touch of his page since last year, just got it back.

I will start watching his videos as well. I watch more of Prof Bart D Erhman debates. Chai!

@OP, unfortunately haters here are not following Quran words, I won't mention names.
Hmmm
Re: What Does Islam Teach Us Regarding Haters? by Rilwayne001: 1:58pm On May 25, 2017
Demmzy15:
Jazaka Allaah Kayran Ya Akhi, very beneficial! wink

May He reward you too my beloved brother smiley smiley wink

And my Ramadan milk and bournvita, I haven't started seeing them sad

2 Likes

Re: What Does Islam Teach Us Regarding Haters? by Rilwayne001: 1:59pm On May 25, 2017
FriendNG:

Fabi ayyi Alaaa'i rabbikuma tukazziban.

Indeed, none can be denied.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Does Islam Teach Us Regarding Haters? by AlBaqir(m): 2:01pm On May 25, 2017
Nice reminder. Thanks for that bro rilwayne001

tintingz, you are very much on point. I hope they won't come to mess up this gentle thread.

2 Likes

Re: What Does Islam Teach Us Regarding Haters? by Demmzy15(m): 2:03pm On May 25, 2017
Rilwayne001:

May He reward you too my beloved brother smiley smiley wink

And my Ramadan milk and bournvita, I haven't started seeing them sad
angry angry angry angry grin grin Is it not milk and bournvita?! Come and collect it!!! tongue

1 Like

Re: What Does Islam Teach Us Regarding Haters? by Rilwayne001: 2:06pm On May 25, 2017
Demmzy15:
angry angry angry angry grin grin Is it not milk and bournvita?! Come and collect it!!! tongue

For WARri shocked
Re: What Does Islam Teach Us Regarding Haters? by Demmzy15(m): 2:08pm On May 25, 2017
AlBaqir:

tintingz, you are very much on point. I hope they won't come to mess up this gentle thread.

angry angry undecided undecided

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Does Islam Teach Us Regarding Haters? by Demmzy15(m): 2:08pm On May 25, 2017
Rilwayne001:

For WARri shocked
I dey wait, I'm serious o... Come o! wink
Re: What Does Islam Teach Us Regarding Haters? by Rilwayne001: 2:12pm On May 25, 2017
Demmzy15:
I dey wait, I'm serious o... Come o! wink

Sure, I'm coming angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does Islam Teach Us Regarding Haters? by tintingz(m): 2:18pm On May 25, 2017
AlBaqir:

They will come with their red herring posts.
Re: What Does Islam Teach Us Regarding Haters? by Origin(f): 10:04am On May 26, 2017
Al Ihsan.

Doing good to those that do good to you. Doing good to those that do evil to you.
Re: What Does Islam Teach Us Regarding Haters? by Zeinymira(f): 10:07am On May 26, 2017
This is refreshing better than all those bashing threads. May the Almighty recompense you with goodness, Rilwayne

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does Islam Teach Us Regarding Haters? by phynofino: 10:15am On May 26, 2017
I wonder why you don't get to fill form before you reply to Christian threads

5 Likes

Re: What Does Islam Teach Us Regarding Haters? by Emu4life(m): 10:41am On May 26, 2017
Jaza'akallahu Khair
Re: What Does Islam Teach Us Regarding Haters? by abbeymighty(m): 10:42am On May 26, 2017
good
Re: What Does Islam Teach Us Regarding Haters? by Emu4life(m): 10:43am On May 26, 2017
frenzyduchess:
let me laugh small,did I just read turning foes to friends from a Muslim?,even the non Muslims that are tolerant to Islam and going about their Normal daily lives are either daggered or bombed , Islam is no religion of peace and tolerance ,you people should stop all this lip service ,I bet Muhammed will be turning in his grave reading this thread ,so you people want his jihad movement to be in vain
lol! U mean Luke 19:27??
Re: What Does Islam Teach Us Regarding Haters? by Shafiiimran99: 10:44am On May 26, 2017
phynofino:
I wonder why you don't get to fill form before you reply to Christian threads
¥OurKaseizdivurent
Re: What Does Islam Teach Us Regarding Haters? by Walexz02(m): 10:52am On May 26, 2017
Jumaat Kareem! Marhaba Ramadan
Re: What Does Islam Teach Us Regarding Haters? by ivolt: 10:53am On May 26, 2017
These are few ways that the Quran want haters to be seen and treated.

Quran 2.98] Whoever is the enemy of Allah and His angels and His apostles and Jibreel and Meekaeel, so surely Allah is the enemy of the unbelievers.

Quran [5.51] O you who believe! do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people.
Re: What Does Islam Teach Us Regarding Haters? by Heromaniaa: 11:46am On May 26, 2017
To hell with SE,,UN for making me fill that atrocious form before commenting.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Marriage tips from the Quran and Sunnah / None / Muhammad Vs Other Prophets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.