Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,872 members, 7,802,808 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:09 PM

LAUTECH Students Block Entrance To Osun Government House - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / LAUTECH Students Block Entrance To Osun Government House (16666 Views)

LAUTECH Students Sign Out In Style After Their Final Exams / Soldiers Chased LAUTECH Students For Protesting Against Fee Hike / LAUTECH Students Block Varsity Gates, Demand Reinstatement Of Expelled Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LAUTECH Students Block Entrance To Osun Government House by omogin(f): 1:23pm On May 25, 2017
See what apc has turned Nigeria into. Na only Osibanjo be human being among them
Re: LAUTECH Students Block Entrance To Osun Government House by GentlemanAyo(m): 1:34pm On May 25, 2017
Sezua:
Nope, it is in oyo state, i think it's close to osun state tho.
Both state own the school..... The last time was Ajumobi, now it is time to show Osun what they have got. Advice..... All 100 level, 200 level and some 300 level students should rewrite jamb.. I think this advice is too late for this year. So sad! embarassed

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH Students Block Entrance To Osun Government House by Neozy(m): 1:35pm On May 25, 2017
emmalexabl:
OSUN state as far as we all know is a dead state !!

The students are just wasting time.,they should just port to nearby schools...
Are you the one that kill it? Or what do you mean by a dead state?
Re: LAUTECH Students Block Entrance To Osun Government House by DanseMacabre(m): 1:38pm On May 25, 2017
Sezua:
Lautech Students should go and buy UTME forms, or go and learn a trade.
With the former being the best considering the state of the economy right now.

The latter, you mean.
Re: LAUTECH Students Block Entrance To Osun Government House by sbashir10(m): 1:40pm On May 25, 2017
I'm not getting something, is ogbomosho not in oyo state? why are lautech students blocking osun government house why
Re: LAUTECH Students Block Entrance To Osun Government House by ajalawole(m): 1:49pm On May 25, 2017
sbashir10:
I'm not getting something, is ogbomosho not in oyo state?
why are lautech students blocking osun government house
why
co-owned by both osun and oyo state govt
Re: LAUTECH Students Block Entrance To Osun Government House by Sezua(m): 1:56pm On May 25, 2017
DanseMacabre:

The latter, you mean.

correction was spot on
Re: LAUTECH Students Block Entrance To Osun Government House by Sirhethat12(f): 2:06pm On May 25, 2017
shaddoww:
The reason why the skul will remain lock is because the Osun State government believes that since Osun State university with less than 10,000 is sustaining itself den lautech with about 25,000 students n abt a thousand Postgraduate students should also sustain itself. Unless dey can convince the government otherwise den there may b no end to d crisis soon.

you again? Do I have to open up your brain for you to get my explanation? you reek of ignorance. and for the millionth time stop comparing uniosun to LAUTECH! Ahba.
Re: LAUTECH Students Block Entrance To Osun Government House by DanseMacabre(m): 2:07pm On May 25, 2017
Sezua:
correction was spot on
You're a good sport.
Re: LAUTECH Students Block Entrance To Osun Government House by Meel: 2:13pm On May 25, 2017
*Mr Bola Ahmed Tinubu [Lautech's Chancellor] gave the family of Late. Moji Olaiya a sum of 30,000$ (11.5million naira) to fly her corpse back to Nigeria from Canada and promised them another 10,000$ (3.83 million naira) for the Burial...*
*And he's doing like a deaf man as if he didn't hear that LAUTECH is on strike*

The Thunder that will strike him will be like doctors prescription. .
2 in the morning, 2 in the afternoon and 2 at night..

Awon oloriiboo somebody copied
Re: LAUTECH Students Block Entrance To Osun Government House by adigz3: 2:27pm On May 25, 2017
I don't know the best way to describe a situation where two states government can't finance 1 school
Re: LAUTECH Students Block Entrance To Osun Government House by babalolaabayo(m): 2:29pm On May 25, 2017
Sezua:
Lautech Students should go and buy UTME forms, or go and learn a trade.
With the latter being the best considering the state of the economy right now.

Oga ade shey egbadun shaaa

apply ur sense nw aaah
Re: LAUTECH Students Block Entrance To Osun Government House by de1de1SnrAd: 2:33pm On May 25, 2017
A proest in and against only Osun State is a one sided protest. A school that is co-owned by two States should experience protests at both ends otherwise, it will be very easy for anyone to see thei action as political. Organisers, pls take note and act prompt.
Re: LAUTECH Students Block Entrance To Osun Government House by WINDSOW(m): 2:35pm On May 25, 2017
BreezyCB:
Awon wayray make em kuku sell the school

When I'm registering for JAMB in another life and i see LAUTECH.
U still wan come Nigeria
Re: LAUTECH Students Block Entrance To Osun Government House by Sirhethat12(f): 2:57pm On May 25, 2017
de1de1SnrAd:
A proest in and against only Osun State is a one sided protest. A school that is co-owned by two States should experience protests at both ends otherwise, it will be very easy for anyone to see thei action as political. Organisers, pls take note and act prompt.

We already staged a protest in OYO, now it's OSUN turn. Abi you didn't hear of the constituted authority saga?

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH Students Block Entrance To Osun Government House by Sezua(m): 2:57pm On May 25, 2017
DanseMacabre:

You're a good sport.
Thanks bro
Re: LAUTECH Students Block Entrance To Osun Government House by Sezua(m): 2:58pm On May 25, 2017
babalolaabayo:

apply ur sense nw aaah
I was kidding.
Re: LAUTECH Students Block Entrance To Osun Government House by Sezua(m): 2:58pm On May 25, 2017
babalolaabayo:

apply ur sense nw aaah
I was kidding.
babalolaabayo:

apply ur sense nw aaah
I was kidding.
Re: LAUTECH Students Block Entrance To Osun Government House by shaddoww: 3:25pm On May 25, 2017
Sirhethat12:

you again? Do I have to open up your brain for you to get my explanation? you reek of ignorance. and for the millionth time stop comparing uniosun to LAUTECH! Ahba.
Saidat, perhaps it will b good if u can educate me a little by analysing d difference between d two, u can help me with d difference in their income n expenditure.
It's just like making justification for a state like Bayelsa dat is about d 6th highest paid state bt is owing salary n saying it's so because it has to pay spend to construct roads cos of its topography while a state like Gombe is nt owing n u r now saying it's because it's cheaper to construct Road there, nobody will listen to u my dear.

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH Students Block Entrance To Osun Government House by kolafolabi(m): 4:44pm On May 25, 2017
LEOSIRSIR:
The school was co-owned by Osun and Oyo

Was?

2 Likes

Re: LAUTECH Students Block Entrance To Osun Government House by Sirhethat12(f): 6:07pm On May 25, 2017
shaddoww:

Saidat, perhaps it will b good if u can educate me a little by analysing d difference between d two, u can help me with d difference in their income n expenditure.
It's just like making justification for a state like Bayelsa dat is about d 6th highest paid state bt is owing salary n saying it's so because it has to pay spend to construct roads cos of its topography while a state like Gombe is nt owing n u r now saying it's because it's cheaper to construct Road there, nobody will listen to u my dear.
Now you are talking, na wetyn you for ask since be that na, please
kindly go through the differences below

1. Tuition Fees

UNIOSUN: sciences (95,000) Non sciences(100,000) medical (135,000)
LAUTECH: 65,000 for all faculty

2. Number of professors

UNIOSUN: 14 professors
LAUTECH: 110 professors

3. Number of pensioners

UNIOSUN: None
LAUTECH: 10 million To be paid every month

4. Monthly subvention

UNIOSUN: 30 percent every month, and since this is less than 50 percent the school is said to be self sustained
LAUTECH: None!

Any disagreement?

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH Students Block Entrance To Osun Government House by emmasege: 6:46pm On May 25, 2017
Sirhethat12:

Now you are talking, na wetyn you for ask since be that na, please
kindly go through the differences below

1. Tuition Fees

UNIOSUN: sciences (95,000) Non sciences(100,000) medical (135,000)
LAUTECH: 65,000 for all faculty

2. Number of professors

UNIOSUN: 14 professors
LAUTECH: 110 professors

3. Number of pensioners

UNIOSUN: None
LAUTECH: 10 million To be paid every month

4. Monthly subvention

UNIOSUN: 30 percent every month, and since this is less than 50 percent the school is said to be self sustained
LAUTECH: None!

Any disagreement?
Stop giving figures that can't be substantiated. For the records, UNIOSUN has more than 14 professors and I think LAUTECH shouldn't have had that high number of profs if criteria for appointment or promotion to the rank of Prof were as stringent as in the likes of UI & OAU.
Re: LAUTECH Students Block Entrance To Osun Government House by emmasege: 6:49pm On May 25, 2017
shaddoww:
The reason why the skul will remain lock is because the Osun State government believes that since Osun State university with less than 10,000 is sustaining itself den lautech with about 25,000 students n abt a thousand Postgraduate students should also sustain itself. Unless dey can convince the government otherwise den there may b no end to d crisis soon.
UNIOSUN student population is far higher than 10,000. Or maybe you are referring to their Osogbo main campus only. Don't forget they run 6 campuses .
Re: LAUTECH Students Block Entrance To Osun Government House by Sirhethat12(f): 6:59pm On May 25, 2017
emmasege:
Stop giving figures that can't be substantiated. For the records, UNIOSUN has more than 14 professors and I think LAUTECH shouldn't have had that high number of profs if criteria for appointment or promotion to the rank of Prof were as stringent as in the likes of UI & OAU.

lol sweetheart go figure the number of professor in U. I and OAU. BTW there's a general minimum requirement one has to meet to be promoted to the post of a professor.

figures that can't be sustained ke? which of the figures Is incorrect? please tell me oo, these are well researched figures. go and find out the number of professors in your school. it's obvious you don't even know sef.

I'm not saying your school is not good ooo, I'm just saying you should stop comparing it to LAUTECH in terms of self reliance. The income and expenditure of the two school does not sum up at all.

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH Students Block Entrance To Osun Government House by Sirhethat12(f): 7:02pm On May 25, 2017
emmasege:
UNIOSUN student population is far higher than 10,000. Or maybe you are referring to their Osogbo main campus only. Don't forget they run 6 campuses .

Are you minding him, they even get 30percent monthly subvention. don't know why the guy is hell bent on defending his wicked Governor

1 Like

Re: LAUTECH Students Block Entrance To Osun Government House by shaddoww: 7:33pm On May 25, 2017
emmasege:
https://www.students.com.ng/osun-state-university-matriculates-2750-students-20162017-36408-2/ that's d highest dey have matriculated, so if u multiply dat by even 5, though dey run mostly 4years courses.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/51-students-bag-first-class-in-uniosun/ that's a link to show u d number of students dey convocated n dis years was abt 1600. So if u calculations well, u will see dat I was right.
Re: LAUTECH Students Block Entrance To Osun Government House by Unimaginable123: 7:42pm On May 25, 2017
youngest85:
Ogbomosho in osun state
did u read the news at all?
Re: LAUTECH Students Block Entrance To Osun Government House by Unimaginable123: 7:43pm On May 25, 2017
emmasege:
u are comparing launch to the advanced secondary school called uniosun?
Re: LAUTECH Students Block Entrance To Osun Government House by Sirhethat12(f): 7:47pm On May 25, 2017
shaddoww:

https://www.students.com.ng/osun-state-university-matriculates-2750-students-20162017-36408-2/ that's d highest dey have matriculated, so if u multiply dat by even 5, though dey run mostly 4years courses.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/03/51-students-bag-first-class-in-uniosun/ that's a link to show u d number of students dey convocated n dis years was abt 1600. So if u calculations well, u will see dat I was right.

OK so what's your point?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 10 Toughest Courses To Study In The University / Soludo Congratulates Utme-best Candidate, Nkechinyere Umeh, Offers Scholarship / The Lunacy Of The English Language

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.