Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,636 members, 7,801,836 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:26 AM

5 Types Of Apps You Should Stop Using Now - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 5 Types Of Apps You Should Stop Using Now (28682 Views)

Make A List Of The Phones You've Used And Are Using Now. / Which Data Subscription Or Free Browsing Are U Using now / See The Method Scammers Are Using Now (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Types Of Apps You Should Stop Using Now by olarababi(f): 5:47pm On May 25, 2017
These type of apps were useful 4-5 years before when Android had Kitkat running as its latest OS. At that time, Android wasn’t good at managing its system efficiently. But now as of today, the devices are running Marshmallow and Nougat. The apps mentioned below will only cause trouble and make the system unstable. They were sure helpful in the past but now they are nothing but history.

5 Types Of App You Should Stop Using Now

1. Battery Saver Apps

None of the battery saver apps available in the Google Play Store are any good for our devices. Why? Well, the main reason they don’t do what they say. Battery saver apps will only drain your phone’s battery more by running in the background. Moreover, they will consume RAM and make the system a whole lot slower especially if you are running a low-end processor under the hood.
Let me actually tell you what battery saver apps do to boost our device’s battery life. The answer is nothing. The reason is simple they start to kill apps running in the background to prevent battery consumption. However, the point is useless because the apps will automatically reopen anyway. See that is how the Android system works. The only way to increase battery life is to decrease the demand for energy by the Android OS and all the apps and services running in the background. This is impossible especially if you have no technical knowledge on how the Android system functions. Plus it will require root access.
So here is the question, is there any way to increase battery life? Well, possible solutions include removing battery savers and keeping the apps that you really use. Uninstall the apps that you don’t need, this will surely spare you some extra battery life.

ALSO SEE...Checkout The Fastest Android Browser - Puffin Browser

2. RAM Clearing Apps

Like battery savers, these apps are useless too. They not only consume RAM by running in the background but they also impact the battery life. This leads to slower performance and frustration. RAM clearing apps Force Stop the apps and services running in the background which again will reopen. This consumes RAM as well as battery and makes the OS unstable. If you are a user who loves to do multitasking then you should uninstall these types of apps right away. Android is efficient in managing itself and knows what apps and services to run in the background.

3. Cleaner Apps

Cleaner apps are the only types of apps that work. However, you should make your choice correctly. Cleaner apps like Clean Master offer much more useless features other than cleaning. Not to mention the advertisements that can increase your data usage without a warning.
A Cleaner app is meant to clean cache. This can be beneficial if done once in a month but not more frequently than that. For example, let’s say you have a huge collection of pictures in Google Photos. They are all backed up in the cloud. Now open the app and scroll down. You will find that the pictures will be loading. After the photos have loaded, close the app. Open it again and scroll down. This time the pictures will load instantly. This is because of cache. Cache is basically an auxiliary memory through which high-speed data retrieval is possible. Now, reopen the app and scroll down but this time first clear the cache using your cleaner app. The pictures will take more time to load this time.
The above was an example related to Google Photos but actually, every app has some dedicated cache memory through which data can be accessed at high speed. CCleaner is the best app for clearing cache available in the Google Play Store. It is free and gets the job done neatly.

4. Antivirus Apps

Unlike PC our Android device is a lot more safe and secure. Thanks to the developers at Google. Antivirus apps are useless as apps are generally downloaded from the Play Store. Google Play Store is a completely safe place to download the apps from.
Antivirus apps are only useful if one often downloads apps from external links that, is, other than the Google Play Store. Therefore, antivirus apps will be simply sitting in the app drawer, running in the background consuming both RAM and battery.

ALSO SEE...Remove Malwares, Trojan and Virus From Your SmartPhone With This App

5. Bloatware

Now, these apps can be of various types and I know not all of them can be uninstalled. However, they can be disabled. Open App Drawer» Settings» Apps» 3 Dots» Show System» Bloatware App» Disable/Uninstall. The only reason to do this is that sometimes the manufacturer provides their own music or messaging app. However, we want to use something different. In this case, the pre-installed app will become a bloatware and just sit in the app drawer. Therefore, it is fine to disable them. Disabling an app will prevent it from consuming the battery and the RAM.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Types Of Apps You Should Stop Using Now by Codyt(m): 5:54pm On May 25, 2017
Informative kiss

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Types Of Apps You Should Stop Using Now by olarababi(f): 5:59pm On May 25, 2017
Re: 5 Types Of Apps You Should Stop Using Now by Osas1507(m): 6:49pm On May 25, 2017
Cleanmaster does more than just clean, it can check files, delete multiple images has an intruder alert, hide files, organise files and lots more

8 Likes

Re: 5 Types Of Apps You Should Stop Using Now by eusuph99: 7:23pm On May 25, 2017
Thanks a lot
Re: 5 Types Of Apps You Should Stop Using Now by olarababi(f): 7:32pm On May 25, 2017
Osas1507:
Cleanmaster does more than just clean, it can check files, delete multiple images has an intruder alert, hide files, organise files and lots more

lol....i have informed u finish.....if u like, continued using it......es explorer can alsp do those

10 Likes

Re: 5 Types Of Apps You Should Stop Using Now by blaquebelle: 7:34pm On May 25, 2017
Tnx op
I've been using all of them dis whole time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Types Of Apps You Should Stop Using Now by Osas1507(m): 8:04pm On May 25, 2017
olarababi:

lol....i have informed u finish.....if u like, continued using it......es explorer can alsp do those
wehdone ma, especially explorer marketer
Re: 5 Types Of Apps You Should Stop Using Now by Mafia4life(m): 8:29pm On May 25, 2017
Nicely written. All of the above is true. Only newbies get freaked out by these apps. Well, anti virus is really helpful if and only if you install apps outside Playstore. So this article is 100000% accurate for geeks

5 Likes

Re: 5 Types Of Apps You Should Stop Using Now by olarababi(f): 8:32pm On May 25, 2017
dont mind Osas1507.....let him continue using clean master
Re: 5 Types Of Apps You Should Stop Using Now by tosyne2much(m): 9:34pm On May 25, 2017
If I read this write-up when I newly bought my android phone, I would have called for the OP's head and called him names cheesy but since I got to realize that most of these battery saving bullcrap are the ones responsible for draining your battery and RAM, I practically uninstalled almost everything.

Thanks for this piece anyway even though I know many ignorance people will fault this well-thought write-up

Cc
Lalasticlala

5 Likes

Re: 5 Types Of Apps You Should Stop Using Now by Osas1507(m): 9:36pm On May 25, 2017
olarababi:
dont mind Osas1507.....let him continue using clean master
try it first before condemning
Re: 5 Types Of Apps You Should Stop Using Now by olarababi(f): 9:37pm On May 25, 2017
Osas1507:
try it first before condemning
lol.....do u know when i dtarted using android....am not sure u did
Re: 5 Types Of Apps You Should Stop Using Now by Nobody: 10:13pm On May 25, 2017
Very informative... Although I don't hv the listed apps on my phone.. Nice one op

2 Likes

Re: 5 Types Of Apps You Should Stop Using Now by Nobody: 10:26pm On May 25, 2017
I think antivirus apps are important, unless you're not considering transferred files and files downloaded from malicious websites.
Re: 5 Types Of Apps You Should Stop Using Now by AyamConfidence(m): 10:28pm On May 25, 2017
When I first bought my phone...I pack all these apps full everywhere..... Now I barely have 2 pages of apps cos they all just consume space and make the damn phone slower

I only keep necessary apps

3 Likes

Re: 5 Types Of Apps You Should Stop Using Now by harri25(m): 11:01pm On May 25, 2017
nice info
Re: 5 Types Of Apps You Should Stop Using Now by Abudu2000(m): 11:21pm On May 25, 2017
Just get an iPhone n save urself all these stress
Re: 5 Types Of Apps You Should Stop Using Now by Simeony007(m): 12:04am On May 26, 2017
Well cleaner does work for me

Cleans junks
Scans for any thing duplicate

1 Like

Re: 5 Types Of Apps You Should Stop Using Now by Nbote(m): 12:33am On May 26, 2017
D most important app I've always considered is Es Explorer, didn't bother myself with loading junks on my fone in d name of apps.. It was funny seeing ppl been ripped off in d name of looking for d best anti virus to install on their fones and rubbish battery saver apps.. Truth is many ppl who use dem have no idea what these apps do... Anyways nice write up.. Impressive to see a techy female phone enthusiast..

3 Likes

Re: 5 Types Of Apps You Should Stop Using Now by MarkGeraldo(m): 12:49am On May 26, 2017
olarababi:

u talking sense swthrt...don't mind 'em folks
Re: 5 Types Of Apps You Should Stop Using Now by Lexusgs430: 3:08am On May 26, 2017
danyero:
I think antivirus apps are important, unless you're not considering transferred files and files downloaded from malicious websites.

Malwarebytes is probably the only app that would fish out those hopeless trojan infested adwares
Re: 5 Types Of Apps You Should Stop Using Now by Lexusgs430: 3:09am On May 26, 2017
Simeony007:
Well cleaner does work for me

Cleans junks
Scans for any thing duplicate

Apps like SD MAID & CCLEANER are gold dust........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Types Of Apps You Should Stop Using Now by phemmyfour: 5:31am On May 26, 2017
danyero:
Most of this copy and paste posts are useless. Antivirus is very important for an android OS.
There are many things to do online than downloading apps from play store.

Also clean master does more than cleaning rams. I use clean master to back up apps

3 Likes

Re: 5 Types Of Apps You Should Stop Using Now by Nobody: 5:50am On May 26, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Malwarebytes is probably the only app that would fish out those hopeless trojan infested adwares
I bet you've never tried CM security

2 Likes

Re: 5 Types Of Apps You Should Stop Using Now by hefelove(m): 7:42am On May 26, 2017
The first 2apps u mentioned are useless like Arsenal In the champions league, am uninstalling dem now

1 Like

Re: 5 Types Of Apps You Should Stop Using Now by twilliamx(m): 7:44am On May 26, 2017
hmmm

1 Like

Re: 5 Types Of Apps You Should Stop Using Now by Repairnigeria(m): 7:48am On May 26, 2017
nice one

1 Like

Re: 5 Types Of Apps You Should Stop Using Now by Marvel1206: 7:50am On May 26, 2017
In as much as i don't use cleanmaster anymore, i have a way of deleting my pictures' cache(thumbnails)

There was a time i didn't delete it for a month and it ran up to 6GB.
Re: 5 Types Of Apps You Should Stop Using Now by othman11(m): 7:52am On May 26, 2017
W

1 Like

Re: 5 Types Of Apps You Should Stop Using Now by barallanee(f): 7:52am On May 26, 2017
And dis are the stupid apps in my phone o

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pimping The Swagger ****s60v5 / Oppo Reno3 Pro Unboxing, First Impressions And Long Term Review + Price (photos) / Permanently Unlock The New Spectranet E5573s-606 Mifi 4G Modem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.