Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

Akeredolu Flags Off Planting Of Gmelina Aboree On 10,000 Hectares In Ondo (Pics) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akeredolu Flags Off Planting Of Gmelina Aboree On 10,000 Hectares In Ondo (Pics) (23038 Views)

Akeredolu Acquires New Amphibious Excavator To Tackle Flooding In Ondo(Pics) / Makarfi Replies Wike On Planting Of Moles: PDP Also Planted Moles In Opposition / Cattle Colony: Kogi Hands Over 15,000 Hectares Of Land To FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akeredolu Flags Off Planting Of Gmelina Aboree On 10,000 Hectares In Ondo (Pics) by KayB: 8:58pm On May 25, 2017
Very laudable and furustic.
Re: Akeredolu Flags Off Planting Of Gmelina Aboree On 10,000 Hectares In Ondo (Pics) by soberdrunk(m): 9:01pm On May 25, 2017
ztapi:

its the invasive specie...N250M per hectare

Of what importance is it or will it be to the Ondo people?
Re: Akeredolu Flags Off Planting Of Gmelina Aboree On 10,000 Hectares In Ondo (Pics) by DreCharles(m): 9:02pm On May 25, 2017
Is this the governor that said civil servants should waive their outstanding salaries?

I hope he has mouth to tell these chinkos to waive their contract fee when the time comes

Check my signature

3 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Flags Off Planting Of Gmelina Aboree On 10,000 Hectares In Ondo (Pics) by kolexy(m): 9:03pm On May 25, 2017
decatalyst:
What is the aboree?

The man responsible for sacrifice in the village

4 Likes

Re: Akeredolu Flags Off Planting Of Gmelina Aboree On 10,000 Hectares In Ondo (Pics) by decatalyst(m): 9:15pm On May 25, 2017
kolexy:

The man responsible for sacrifice in the village

Lol grin

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu Flags Off Planting Of Gmelina Aboree On 10,000 Hectares In Ondo (Pics) by Nobody: 9:15pm On May 25, 2017
Tazdroid:
Wetin be Gmelina Aboree?
A medicinal plant according to wikipedia.

"The root and bark of Gmelina arboreaare claimed to be stomachic, galactagogue laxative and anthelmintic; improve appetite, useful in hallucination, piles, abdominal pains, burning sensations, fevers, 'tridosha' and urinary discharge. Leaf paste is applied to relieve headache and juice is used as wash for ulcers.Flowers are sweet, cooling, bitter, acrid and astringent. They are useful in leprosy and blood diseases.InAyurveda, it has been observed that gamhar fruit is acrid, sour,bitter, sweet, cooling, diuretic tonic, aphrodisiac, alternative astringent to the bowels, promote growth of hairs, useful in 'vata',thirst, anaemia, leprosy, ulcers and vaginal discharge.The plant is recommended in combination with other drugs for the treatment of snakebite and scorpion sting. In snakebite a decoction of the root and bark is given internally."

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akeredolu Flags Off Planting Of Gmelina Aboree On 10,000 Hectares In Ondo (Pics) by Richydos(m): 9:16pm On May 25, 2017
Abdulsalaam9:
Hmmm am proud 2 come 4rm Ondo St8, and 2 Cap it all am Proud 2 b an Idigen of OWO, ds maked me n Akeredolu (AKETI) 2 b 1
Like seriously did u read this poo from u
I would have loved to insult d Abdulsalaam in u BUT alas i saw 9.....just then i couldn't blame u more # u scored F9 in English.... It's clear to all BUT pls do me a kind favour by just keeping mute

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu Flags Off Planting Of Gmelina Aboree On 10,000 Hectares In Ondo (Pics) by ademoladeji(m): 9:28pm On May 25, 2017
Richydos:

Like seriously did u read this poo from u
I would have loved to insult d Abdulsalaam in u BUT alas i saw 9.....just then i couldn't blame u more # u scored F9 in English.... It's clear to all BUT pls do me a kind favour by just keeping mute

Wicked

Re: Akeredolu Flags Off Planting Of Gmelina Aboree On 10,000 Hectares In Ondo (Pics) by ipodstinks: 9:32pm On May 25, 2017
Jabioro:
What is the uses of Gmelina Aboree for.. I have never come across it.. explain to me and use make no be mango tree
Are you saying your brain is too weak to direct you google search?
Re: Akeredolu Flags Off Planting Of Gmelina Aboree On 10,000 Hectares In Ondo (Pics) by twinklemaia(f): 9:44pm On May 25, 2017
Always wanted to see massive investment of this sort by our governors to encourage investment.
Have no idea what they planted (will Google soon) but very proud of the initiative. Hopefully the government remains committed and does not turn this to an Elephant project

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu Flags Off Planting Of Gmelina Aboree On 10,000 Hectares In Ondo (Pics) by comrChris(m): 9:47pm On May 25, 2017
I been wan ask question but omo people are not smiling here,insult everywhere, everybody is ready to dish it out..

Make i kukuma come and be going

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu Flags Off Planting Of Gmelina Aboree On 10,000 Hectares In Ondo (Pics) by ernecy(m): 9:47pm On May 25, 2017
obembet:
On judgement day I will just hold NIGERIA Flag so that God will know I have been through HELL already.
I can not afford to face hell twice
lol
Re: Akeredolu Flags Off Planting Of Gmelina Aboree On 10,000 Hectares In Ondo (Pics) by ReneeNuttall(f): 9:53pm On May 25, 2017
soberdrunk:
Someone should explain to me how this "Gmelina Aboree" that grows randomly in India is now a big project in Ondo that requires Chinese expatriates?? angry

Its used traditionally as herbs for treating pile and other health related illnesses, although most people don't av any idea about this.
Re: Akeredolu Flags Off Planting Of Gmelina Aboree On 10,000 Hectares In Ondo (Pics) by PearlStreet(m): 10:14pm On May 25, 2017
comrChris:
I been wan ask question but omo people are not smiling here,insult everywhere, everybody is ready to dish it out.

Make i kukuma come and be going

Me sef just dey my lane.

Zero chills in this thread. It's very likely World War 3 would start from this thread.
Re: Akeredolu Flags Off Planting Of Gmelina Aboree On 10,000 Hectares In Ondo (Pics) by DisGuy: 10:37pm On May 25, 2017
twinklemaia:
Always wanted to see massive investment of this sort by our governors to encourage investment.
Have no idea what they planted (will Google soon) but very proud of the initiative. Hopefully the government remains committed and does not turn this to an Elephant project

You are very proud of the project but not sure of what they planted?? Na wa o

maybe it's just planting trees to combat deforestation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akeredolu Flags Off Planting Of Gmelina Aboree On 10,000 Hectares In Ondo (Pics) by Smooyis(m): 11:20pm On May 25, 2017
Instead of planting new cocoa seedlings. Misplaced priority.
Re: Akeredolu Flags Off Planting Of Gmelina Aboree On 10,000 Hectares In Ondo (Pics) by grandstar(m): 11:48pm On May 25, 2017
Teewhy2:
If the south west states can concentrate and invest on agriculture, the south west economy will be a major force in Africa. The days of the cocoa pyramid is a major time in the development of the south west area.

Agriculture only makes sense in an agrarian economy.

Its regressive going back to agriculture.

As countries grow, the agric sector becomes smaller as a percentage of GDP. No rich country has an agric sector that accounts for more than 10% of GDP.

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu Flags Off Planting Of Gmelina Aboree On 10,000 Hectares In Ondo (Pics) by tollyboy5(m): 12:21am On May 26, 2017
Abdulsalaam9:
Hmmm am proud 2 come 4rm Ondo St8, and 2 Cap it all am Proud 2 b an Idigen of OWO, ds maked me n Akeredolu (AKETI) 2 b 1
Why display this form of ignoramous. Rejoicing over a governor that want poor masses to waive their salary, he has not done any meaningful thing and now we don't know the economical advantage this plantation would yield just keep quiet

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu Flags Off Planting Of Gmelina Aboree On 10,000 Hectares In Ondo (Pics) by justmenoni: 2:14am On May 26, 2017
What's your IQ number?

quote author=fyneguy post=56871960]

What was your JAMB score?[/quote]
Re: Akeredolu Flags Off Planting Of Gmelina Aboree On 10,000 Hectares In Ondo (Pics) by ioreth69(f): 4:02am On May 26, 2017
TemmyWon:

Is that the reason your destiny is depressed?
grin,u get bad mouth o
Re: Akeredolu Flags Off Planting Of Gmelina Aboree On 10,000 Hectares In Ondo (Pics) by raphaeladeyele: 4:24am On May 26, 2017
A good start in Ondo State
Re: Akeredolu Flags Off Planting Of Gmelina Aboree On 10,000 Hectares In Ondo (Pics) by oruma19: 5:09am On May 26, 2017
obembet:
On judgement day I will just hold NIGERIA Flag so that God will know I have been through HELL already.
I can not afford to face hell twice
lolz. Ingenious Nigerians.
Re: Akeredolu Flags Off Planting Of Gmelina Aboree On 10,000 Hectares In Ondo (Pics) by Jabioro: 5:52am On May 26, 2017
ipodstinks:
Are you saying your brain is too weak to direct you google search?
And your brain too weak to explained what you know/google about it.. Mr teacher..
Re: Akeredolu Flags Off Planting Of Gmelina Aboree On 10,000 Hectares In Ondo (Pics) by Jakumo(m): 6:16am On May 26, 2017
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gmelina_arborea

Any re-afforestation initiative is a good one, but the presence of Chinese investors all over Africa should be a cause for grave concern. China is the most heavily polluted country on the planet, and also one of the most densely populated. Furthermore, over the past decade, China has virtually COLONIZED many areas in Africa, with utterly devastating results. African wildlife is also being decimated wholesale by the Chinese, with zero regard for the repercussions of that trade in rare and endangered animal parts that are used to make Chinese juju potions, most of which simply do not work as advertised.

A prime example of China's insidious effect on Africa is to be found in Ghana, where rampant, unregulated gold mining operations run by ARMED Chinese gangs, have spewed tons of deadly pollutants into rivers and lakes, rendering such water bodies unfit for drinking. With the connivance of high level Ghanaian government officials, the Chinese have indeed assumed the role of colonial overlords in that nation, where they are free to destroy the environment with reckless exploitation of natural resources, while generating highly toxic effluent whose effects on the indigenous population will, over time, grow to become utterly devastating to the land, and its native people.

Beware gift-bearing Chinese investors, for they will, before long, show their true colors, though it may be too late when reality dawns on Africans about just how utterly destructive a Chinese expatriate presence can be in Africa.
Re: Akeredolu Flags Off Planting Of Gmelina Aboree On 10,000 Hectares In Ondo (Pics) by Jakumo(m): 6:19am On May 26, 2017
grandstar:

Agriculture only makes sense in an agrarian economy.

Its regressive going back to agriculture.

As countries grow, the agric sector but comes smaller as a percentage of GDP. No rich country has an agric sector that accounts for more than 10% of GDP.

Revisit your primary school textbooks on agriculture, Mr. Technology, and there you will learn that there is but ONE source of food for human beings, and that is AGRICULTURE, and not that frigging smart phone you are using to type out your fascinating but outlandish economic theories.

1 Like

Re: Akeredolu Flags Off Planting Of Gmelina Aboree On 10,000 Hectares In Ondo (Pics) by agrovick(m): 6:42am On May 26, 2017
fyneguy:

What was your JAMB score?
TemmyWon:

Is that the reason your destiny is depressed?
Wawuu! Issa epic clapback

Re: Akeredolu Flags Off Planting Of Gmelina Aboree On 10,000 Hectares In Ondo (Pics) by ipodstinks: 7:18am On May 26, 2017
Jabioro:
And your brain too weak to explained what you know/google about it.. Mr teacher..
How can I explain thing to Mumu adult like like?, Are you insinuating that the only thing you use your mb for is nairaland. Or at are too far from google?, So ppl must do thing for you all the time Mr ode.
Re: Akeredolu Flags Off Planting Of Gmelina Aboree On 10,000 Hectares In Ondo (Pics) by Jabioro: 7:28am On May 26, 2017
ipodstinks:
How can I explain thing to Mumu adult like like?, Are you insinuating that the only thing you use your mb for is nairaland. Or at are too far from google?, So ppl must do thing for you all the time Mr ode.
When you're yet to know your right from left, I have been on the internet.. if I am asking a simple question doesn't mean I don't know where to direct my quest to. Someone like you would fail it woefully because you felt, you have got it all from google. ..Tell us what you google about it.. you're here with self acclaimed champion.. olodo oponu ayirada ..
Re: Akeredolu Flags Off Planting Of Gmelina Aboree On 10,000 Hectares In Ondo (Pics) by Nobody: 8:22am On May 26, 2017
soberdrunk:

Of what importance is it or will it be to the Ondo people?

im not the grasscutter/planter but someone said...

Amusaopeyemi:

A medicinal plant according to wikipedia.

"The root and bark of Gmelina arboreaare claimed to be stomachic, galactagogue laxative and anthelmintic; improve appetite, useful in hallucination, piles, abdominal pains, burning sensations, fevers, 'tridosha' and urinary discharge. Leaf paste is applied to relieve headache and juice is used as wash for ulcers.Flowers are sweet, cooling, bitter, acrid and astringent. They are useful in leprosy and blood diseases.InAyurveda, it has been observed that gamhar fruit is acrid, sour,bitter, sweet, cooling, diuretic tonic, aphrodisiac, alternative astringent to the bowels, promote growth of hairs, useful in 'vata',thirst, anaemia, leprosy, ulcers and vaginal discharge.The plant is recommended in combination with other drugs for the treatment of snakebite and scorpion sting. In snakebite a decoction of the root and bark is given internally."
Re: Akeredolu Flags Off Planting Of Gmelina Aboree On 10,000 Hectares In Ondo (Pics) by Thryphosa(m): 8:27am On May 26, 2017
It's Gmelina arborea not "aboree ". it's an exotic tree species commonly known for its quality timber and pulp wood. The medicinal value is not as significant as its timber and pulp wood quality. It is a fast growing specie, reaches maturity for timber production at age 15 or more and less than 15 for pulp wood production. Its long fibre and ease of depulping makes it a good choice over several other species for paper production. As for the Chinko people, I don't think they are contacted to establish the plantation, I think their company wants to partner with Ondo State Government for the project. We have lots of capable hands to handle planting of trees, btw Gmelina arborea is one of the species with ease of establishment unlike Pinus caribae. Good one arakunrin, I'm proud to be a forester.
Re: Akeredolu Flags Off Planting Of Gmelina Aboree On 10,000 Hectares In Ondo (Pics) by kokoA(m): 8:33am On May 26, 2017
Smooyis:
Instead of planting new cocoa seedlings. Misplaced priority.
Shey your mind don come down now abi You don dey find opportunity to use theses words "misplaced priority" since you learn dem. Congrats. undecided

Re: Akeredolu Flags Off Planting Of Gmelina Aboree On 10,000 Hectares In Ondo (Pics) by grandstar(m): 8:38am On May 26, 2017
Jakumo:

Revisit your primary school textbooks on agriculture, Mr. Technology, and there you will learn that there is but ONE source of food for human beings, and that is AGRICULTURE, and not that frigging smart phone you are using to type out your fascinating but outlandish economic theories.

I laugh in Swahili at your ignorance.

Malaysia which iis famous for its highly developed agricultural sector and which many countries would like to eminate has an agricultural sector that accounts for only 12% of its GDP. Malaysia has only 20million people and its only an upper middle income economy.

A matured and enlightened response with humility bestows respect on the one who delivers it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Meets Igbo Governors, Senators And Leaders (Photos) / APC Backtracks, Defends SSS Siege On National Assembly / Ban On Weekly Markets: Kaduna Govt Has Imposed Death Penalty On Us – Residents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.