Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

"Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / "Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister (25213 Views)

WASSCE: Osun Begs Former N-power Teachers To Resume / Obiano Directs Anambra Teachers To Resume On Monday / ‘pupils Drug Teachers To Cheat During Exams’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister by henryhemon(m): 9:39am On May 26, 2017
iluvdonjazzy:
great, they should also consider security men too, police, soldiers, airforce, navy, custom, immigration etc.

You know nothing or you 're one yourself,do you know how much hose ones earn??
Re: "Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister by koropotopoto: 9:42am On May 26, 2017
[s]
LionDeLeo:
Well, I don't really understand the context of the statement because based on this, a teacher with NCE may end up earning higher than a medical doctor, I doubt.

However, if a teacher with B Ed earns higher than other professionals, hmm, okay oh!

It is much more easier to be a qualified teacher than to be a medical doctor and the simple law of demand and supply is very natural.

Infact, it can't even work.

[/s]
trash

1 Like

Re: "Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister by viviangist: 9:46am On May 26, 2017
#

Re: "Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister by LionDeLeo: 9:47am On May 26, 2017
koropotopoto:
[s][/s]
trash

Hehehe. E be like say customers no dey show again.
Re: "Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister by Jaqenhghar: 9:49am On May 26, 2017
banmee:

It doesn't make any sense. Even in other countries, teachers don't earn higher wages than other workers. They get paid well though. Very well. If what he is saying is true, it defeats the purpose of what and who a teacher is. Same with Soldiers. You cannot pay a Soldier so much money even though they put their lives on the line. But you do have to pay them well.
The problem here is in Nigeria , How do you define well.
In a country where everyone wants to be a millionaire and greed is the order of the day, no matter how well you pay them they will still complain.
Expect everyone else to begin to complain of pay raise even those who do nothing
Nigerians have tgis sense of self entitlement. Everything should be given to them and they dont have to give anything in return

1 Like

Re: "Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister by dumie(f): 9:55am On May 26, 2017
alizma:

madam cool down, agreed that you lost some money to MMM but the way you are shouting ponzi, you may end up with HPB and APC will not be blame. just my advice to u.

Don't quote me if u can't be logical or sure of facts
I never participated or partook of the so called mmm whatever... So pls kindly stop being myopic when quoting me

3 Likes

Re: "Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister by bablex01(m): 9:55am On May 26, 2017
Paulpaulpaul:
Lie Adamu, Lie Mohammed II

We couldn't copy US, it's now Malaysia
Werey christian extremist christian ipob christian
Re: "Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister by koropotopoto: 10:09am On May 26, 2017
[s]
LionDeLeo:

Hehehe. E be like say customers no dey show again.

[/s]
Nonsense trash

1 Like

Re: "Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister by awoban: 10:15am On May 26, 2017
If it can be done, it will be one of the best policies in this nation in a century
Re: "Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister by banmee(m): 10:20am On May 26, 2017
Jaqenhghar:

The problem here is in Nigeria , How do you define well.
In a country where everyone wants to be a millionaire and greed is the order of the day, no matter how well you pay them they will still complain.
Expect everyone else to begin to complain of pay raise even those who do nothing
Nigerians have tgis sense of self entitlement. Everything should be given to them and they dont have to give anything in return

True talk.
Re: "Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister by sshalom(m): 10:23am On May 26, 2017
Quality education is key to national development. This new school of thought; if implemented will pay off handsomely in the years to come.
Re: "Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister by Paulpaulpaul(m): 10:29am On May 26, 2017
bablex01:
Werey christian extremist christian ipob christian

You get sense like this?

Make I jur keep kwaet

Re: "Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister by tylesh(f): 10:34am On May 26, 2017
Best news I've heard in a long while
Re: "Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister by oshunloye: 11:05am On May 26, 2017
When will Nigeria stop copying others and be original... Senate copied from US, Constitution copied.... hmnm
Re: "Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister by Harwoyeez(m): 11:26am On May 26, 2017
Good...how's your day going
fastgyal:
not as a profession, but still a teacher
Re: "Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister by musicwriter(m): 11:33am On May 26, 2017
Glad to hear the Nigerian government have understudied the Malaysian educational system. Long time ago, when I researched education I discovered Malaysia has done more than any other third world country to re-invent education. In fact, Malaysia is the one third world country that has done more for education of their people.

However, what the minister is not telling you is that Malaysia discarded the system of education imposed on them by the colonial masters. They've tried our 6-3-3-4 and other class restructuring formulas but discovered that wasn't the answer, so they discarded it. My study shows they've tried everything we've tried over here in Nigeria, but got no good results. Eventually, they decided to overhaul everything. They decided to re-invent education by using their native Malay as the language of instruction in schools, stopped politicians from sending their children to study abroad, payment of high salaries to teachers, creating a state department for education research, e.t.c.
Re: "Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister by felixbar(m): 11:47am On May 26, 2017
Talk is cheap. Do something to effect the change
Re: "Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister by entrepreneurmic: 11:53am On May 26, 2017
ShobayoEmma:
I need NCE form asap. so i will b earning more than the minister and the rogue senators now? Singing out loud, Akuko na Story o.
EARN WHAT? THIS IS SUPER STORY.
Re: "Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister by entrepreneurmic: 11:55am On May 26, 2017
heykims:
Really, even more salary than doctors, oil workers??
Mr Minister, kontinu undecided
. STORY FOR THE gods.
Re: "Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister by Mrfred43(m): 12:53pm On May 26, 2017
let also remember the men and women that give selfness service to this country,the security; NA, NPF etc
Re: "Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister by Nobody: 1:06pm On May 26, 2017
Ermm, eskiss ma embarassed ! I will love to be your pupil... pls ma embarassed embarassed , I want you to be my teacher cry cry

I prefer young n beautiful teacher to our uncle Joseph angry
fastgyal:
This is very good.
I AM A TEACHER
I am a teacher not because I went to college
Not because I am taught how to teach
Not because I am paid salary
Not because I have to teach to live
Not because there are no 'better jobs'
Not because I'm compelled.
Not because I want to be called Sir/Ma.
I AM A TEACHER because it is my CALLING.

Sometimes I look at my certificate, my school, my pupils as I compare it with my salary, I laugh
When I look at what I teach, how i teach it, I thank God for taking me through college.

But when I sit down and look at the past, how the end has been for some teachers as compared to other professionals, I feel sorry for the profession.

But when I remember that it is the TEACHER that produces all other professionals, I feel blessed.

I am SATISFIED when I see my students becoming useful to the society.

I conclude that teaching is not just my job,
It's my CALLING.
It's my PURPOSE.
I feel proud being a Teacher.
I LIVE to TEACH!!!
"from a very young teacher"
Re: "Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister by nellymax(m): 1:21pm On May 26, 2017
until then, Powers that be are not getting it right.
No matter the volume of passion you have for teaching, if you are not well paid, you will never be happy/fulfilled. QED
Re: "Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister by kingd91: 2:28pm On May 26, 2017
Excellent. That is how it should be anywhere in the world.
Re: "Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister by fastgyal(f): 2:55pm On May 26, 2017
romeorails:
Ermm, eskiss ma embarassed ! I will love to be your pupil... pls ma embarassed embarassed , I want you to be my teacher cry cry

I prefer young n beautiful teacher to our uncle Joseph angry
Oya come
Re: "Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister by ndat(m): 3:13pm On May 26, 2017
tdbankplc:
Calming workers tension toward democracy day..... empty talk like always.
see correct brain here, u are right on d point. After democracy day ask if they said this, they will deny.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister by Wolexpoly: 3:16pm On May 26, 2017
RUBBISH....NA TODAY WE DON THE HEAR ALL THE TALKS WITH NO ACTION?
Re: "Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister by Yakzo(m): 3:43pm On May 26, 2017
As if registering with the TRCN improves teachers quality. If the government of Nigeria is serious with education, I have a simple solution for its consideration: organize a reading test and see wonders!!!
Re: "Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister by Nobody: 3:47pm On May 26, 2017
Accept me ma angry ayaf come embarassed
fastgyal:
Oya come
Re: "Teachers To Earn Higher Salaries Than Other Workers" - Minister by Mtbail: 4:11pm On May 26, 2017
At lease they should make teaching interesting for teacher. If this works I might veer into teaching.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Disabled South African Lady Graduates After Being Discouraged By Lecturer / UNILAG Reinstates Olorunfemi Adeyeye, Rusticated Student Activist / Covenant, UI, UNILAG, Edo University Ranked As Best In Nigeria By Times Higher

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.