Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,815 members, 7,798,746 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:43 AM

How Hotel Attendants Scam Customers - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Hotel Attendants Scam Customers (25958 Views)

COVID-19: Emirates Steps Up Safety Measures For Customers And Employees(Pics) / Chocotravel Uses Nude Flight Attendants In Ad Campaign (Video) / Abuja Nightclubs Where Strippers, Prostitutes Go Berserk For Customers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Hotel Attendants Scam Customers by Nobody: 9:23am On May 27, 2017
My sister! No excuse, honesty pays

Many waiters/waitresses have blocked their own major success/breakthrough because of this single act.

OK imagine that since Mascot87 noticed this trend, he eventually lodged in an hotel and the waiter/waitress gave him the exact price on the menu throughout his stay. This would shock him and that waitress may not go unrewarded or what if he is a wealthy man who simply needs someone with a great deal of honesty to handle a financial post in one of his top organisations of which he is yet to come by and has been searching. That could be the waitress' way to greatness, but just an extra charge of 1.5k would have stopped her
Factfinder1:
most hotels don't pay and feed their staff well so what do you expect Most people are just criminal minded
Re: How Hotel Attendants Scam Customers by Nobody: 9:26am On May 27, 2017
Exactly this is what keeps spoiling this country. Corruption is now seen as a norm undecided even from the hehehe one can tell angry
Talk2Bella:
Trust me the manager knows

its a very common practice where they charge you for room service by adding a few hundred naira, but uncle u sef u suppose know say na tip na hehehehe
Re: How Hotel Attendants Scam Customers by Solatium(m): 4:17pm On May 27, 2017
bangalee1:
So N500 is the cause of all this longstory.
The waiters are paid N18k-20K monthly in nigeria its not easy to live on that.
Am not encouraging stealing but the corruption happening in Aso rock is definitely greater than this.

But that is not an excuse to steal from people,if you are not pleased with what you are being paid you get out of the job till u are able to see the one that pays u better
Re: How Hotel Attendants Scam Customers by Kris907(m): 3:36pm On Jul 21, 2017
Which means this frequent travelers has varied experience with the hotels they lodge in.
Reference:

We are talking about frequent travellers to varied destinations in Nigeria. Marriot does not represent the typical Nigerian hoteling experience.
Re: How Hotel Attendants Scam Customers by JBoss25(m): 9:02am On Sep 18, 2021
Hmmm
Re: How Hotel Attendants Scam Customers by BlueAir: 4:30pm On Sep 20, 2021
angry Thank u very much for this post.u gave one particular experience where this God forsaken bittche billed me on everything I bought so far. I went home with two take away of fried rice at #4900. As she was calling the price on meatpie and tiny scotch egg,I knew I was been ripped of my hard earned money but what could an exhausted and hungry man do in an eatery. I got home with my package before reality hit me hard. Enter supermarket join,bloody bittches would have scattered and mispositioned everything,its when you reach counter to pay,Dem go do shege on price. I wonder why this is mostly prevalent among the female ones. Dem no dey use eyes see good thing?!!!!!!! I'm bleeping pissed for even remembering
mascot87:
I will be very brief and I am sure we all can learn one or two things from this. I hope also that I construct this well.

I do travel out of my location here in Lagos very well to other part of the country and it's normal that I get an hotel to lodge.
On arrival to an affordable hotel, I pay for the hotel room and check in. Take my bath and relax a bit then I check the hotel menu list for breakfast, lunch or dinner as the case may be.

I do observe something for the past two years but didn't really take it serious not until when I travelled to Aba and Port Harcourt around March this year and same thing repeats itself.

After checking the menu list and the price of the food u want to eat. You call the restaurant and place your order but as soon as your order was delivered, the price is always more than what is on the menu list. Sometimes it could be has high as a thousand Naira.

I do pay all the time and didn't read any meaning to it but when I was at Aba around March, I protested when the same thing repeats itself and I said to myself that if such repeat itself anytime I travel and lodge in any hotel, I will only pay the charge as indicated on the menu list.
Fast forward to today, I travelled to Abuja and as usual lodged at an hotel in town.
Now this evening I ordered for my dinner at a fixed price on the menu list only for the price of my order to be far above what was written in the menu list. I told the lady that brought my dinner that I will only pay the cost of the dish in the menu list but she insisted that I will pay at #500 more than I was expected to pay giving me excuses that the price on the menu list was the old price.

I request to see the manager and within a second, she disappeared but I still went ahead to see the hotel manager but on my way, I met one of the hotel attendants who was listening to my argument with the lady and he told me that I shouldn't go to the manager cos there is nothing the manager can do and that they are working on the new price list but I ignored him. When I got to the hotel manager, i told him what happened and why customers cannot pay the exact cost of dish in the menu list but have to pay far more. He was suprised cos I saw the shock on his face. He sent for d lady that do serve dish for customer but not to expose her in my presence, he told me to go and I should pay the exact price on the menu list when she comes around to collect money.

When the lady later came around to collect the money, I saw the anger on her face which confirms my suspicion that those people generate income for themselves through such disgraceful means and it as become a common trend in some hotels (I don't want to generalize).

Don't know who else have noticed such but next time you lodge in an hotel and observe such, insist on paying the exact cost as seen on the menu price list.

I love honest people and sometimes give extra tips to them of some few cash even after rendering services to me but trying to play a fast one is a no no for me.

Let us be observant.

I think lalasticlala can also read this and add to his knowledge of snake grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Nightlife Enthusiasts Explore The Glenfiddich Distillery In Scotland / Awka-Onitsha Expressway Collapses, Commuters, Motorists Stranded / US Threatens To Bar Nigerian Airlines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.