Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,490 members, 7,781,469 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:56 PM

Infinix Hot 4 Went Up In Smoke! - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Infinix Hot 4 Went Up In Smoke! (4295 Views)

You Can Now Upgrade Your Infinix Hot 4 X557 To Nougat 7.0 / 12 Times Autocorrect Went Wrong / What’s So Special About This Infinix Hot 4? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Infinix Hot 4 Went Up In Smoke! by adeniyisamuel59(m): 9:20pm On May 26, 2017
I bought my own hot 4 since September last year and I am enjoying it.
Re: Infinix Hot 4 Went Up In Smoke! by paperboy234: 11:46pm On May 26, 2017
Monday is public holiday
Re: Infinix Hot 4 Went Up In Smoke! by PureMe01: 1:40am On May 27, 2017
brand new,unlaunched oukitel u16 max for sale for Lagos residents only for the sake of physical transaction.#55k.contact if interested.08058250312
Re: Infinix Hot 4 Went Up In Smoke! by Sektion: 10:16am On May 27, 2017
Synord:

bro your phone is gone..Go and buy Malata !!!
bros Malata wah? Na phone be that?
Re: Infinix Hot 4 Went Up In Smoke! by Sektion: 5:58pm On May 29, 2017
Here is the clear pictures of my device for those that my be doubting the authenticity from the first picture and as regards the present state of the device having being in fear of powering it up since last Thursday since the incident happened, i finally tried powering it up, it did boot but it the screen was not displaying anything the only way i knew the device was up was through the start up vibration and also using the wrong fingerprint as it vibrate(So, battery and charging problem can be ruled of the question for those that may be thinking that). Moreover, i could also notice an expanse in the plastic at the side where the device sustained the burn (My device has never taken a fall and the bulge/swell is a result of the heated up device) but Hopefully, by the time the device gets to them at calcare tomorrow i will get answers as to what went wrong and post it here with any other thing involved

Re: Infinix Hot 4 Went Up In Smoke! by Sektion: 5:59pm On May 29, 2017
more

Re: Infinix Hot 4 Went Up In Smoke! by jaymichael(m): 6:38pm On May 29, 2017
Sektion:
So, before anybody conclude that I bought a fake version; nah! This is not the case of a fake infinix Hot 4. In fact, I was at carlcare(Ilorin) today with the same phone to complain about the problem of overheating which drains the phone battery totally and becomes unresponsive and after hearing my complaint they verified if the phone was still under warranty and it checks out(It was accepted and fixed under warranty for free), I was told to come back later in the day to pick it up as it would have been fixed and I did. Well, I tested the phone before leaving their office everything worked okay. Until I got home this evening to fully charge the phone and after charging it up fully, it started overheating again, had to remove my Sims and memory card while doing this, lo and behold! The second SIM compartment was emitting smoke (definitely something was burning inside and a burn mark also can be seen under the screenshot I’m attaching to this thread).

NOTE: I did a system update at the beginning of this week (possible culprit but unsure)

Don’t know if anybody can speculate what could have gone wrong with the phone? Because I’m totally unsure what could have gone wrong and even out of ideas. Hopefully, by the time I check this thread tomorrow there would be helpful suggestions from you guys (had to borrow a friend’s phone to post this night).
I did not see your thread earlier. The truth is that This Hot4 phones OVERHEAT while charging. You saw my post in the other thread. Mine overheated that I can perceive burning smell. This device should have come with a removable battery. Before anyone will say I bought fake, I bought from a reputable store (name withheld as them no pay me for advert) at Ikeja computer village.
Truth is that hot4 is an hotplate.
Re: Infinix Hot 4 Went Up In Smoke! by jaymichael(m): 6:43pm On May 29, 2017
paperboy234:
Oga take your phone to Carlcare and complain if really what ure saying is true ... We are tired of you guys pretending to show people that phones are exploding .. I'm sure they are trying to kill Infinix image .
Ogbeni, no one is trying to kill infinix brand. I had an almost similar experience with my hot4 lite too. Overheating is the bane of this device. I could even smell burning ordour sef. Check my posts you will read up my experience. I bought from a reputable store at Ikeja computer village.
Re: Infinix Hot 4 Went Up In Smoke! by Sektion: 2:53pm On May 30, 2017
jaymichael:
I did not see your thread earlier. The truth is that This Hot4 phones OVERHEAT while charging. You saw my post in the other thread. Mine overheated that I can perceive burning smell. This device should have come with a removable battery. Before anyone will say I bought fake, I bought from a reputable store (name withheld as them no pay me for advert) at Ikeja computer village.
Truth is that hot4 is an hotplate.
So, i was at carlcare today and with the explanation i was given @jaymichael i will highly advise you to find a way of disposing your phone since you've experienced and overheating issue with the device, it's better to barter out the device while it's still in good shape honestly.
Re: Infinix Hot 4 Went Up In Smoke! by Sektion: 2:57pm On May 30, 2017
Just as promised, I took my phone to carlcare today to find out what was wrong with it, had to spend 3hr+ good hours waiting to be attended to because they haven’t been opened for 3 days; the crowd was much. Luckily, for me I also met someone with HOT4 lite with complaint of overheating and battery drain.
Story short after narrating the whole ordeal, the operator was even surprised to see even the burn marks the device sustained and she said she had to take the phone “inside” likely to the engineers, didn’t take up to 30 seconds she was back and told me “high voltage” was the problem and I will need #26,600 to fix it. How am I not surprised they will say it is high voltage? (I was only puzzled about this on how other stuffs that was plugged in that day didn’t get affected too, high voltage my foot!) Definitely, they will say it is high voltage. Anyways I wouldn’t want to dally around any further with this issue of infinix hot 4(The phone is a lost cause); only a mumu will repair this close to average device with #26,600 and be at peace that same issue won’t arise again with the device, talk less of the physical damage the device has caused to itself. This particular phone is the first infinix phone I’m using and undoubtedly the last with this horrible experience. I will just leave a recommendation to any other person that might be using any of the HOT4 series. If you are not experiencing overheating issue yet GOOD LUCK! but if you are experiencing overheating or your device is starting to develop overheating fault, it will be the best and for your safety to dispose of the phone as soon as you can, because you be might the next person that might be needing #26,600 to fix your device.

PS: I don't mind the amount i can barter out this crap for( in fact free charger included) grin
Re: Infinix Hot 4 Went Up In Smoke! by CarlcareOpebi(f): 10:39am On May 31, 2017
Sektion:
Just as promised, I took my phone to carlcare today to find out what was wrong with it, had to spend 3hr+ good hours waiting to be attended to because they haven’t been opened for 3 days; the crowd was much. Luckily, for me I also met someone with HOT4 lite with complaint of overheating and battery drain.
Story short after narrating the whole ordeal, the operator was even surprised to see even the burn marks the device sustained and she said she had to take the phone “inside” likely to the engineers, didn’t take up to 30 seconds she was back and told me “high voltage” was the problem and I will need #26,600 to fix it. How am I not surprised they will say it is high voltage? (I was only puzzled about this on how other stuffs that was plugged in that day didn’t get affected too, high voltage my foot!) Definitely, they will say it is high voltage. Anyways I wouldn’t want to dally around any further with this issue of infinix hot 4(The phone is a lost cause); only a mumu will repair this close to average device with #26,600 and be at peace that same issue won’t arise again with the device, talk less of the physical damage the device has caused to itself. This particular phone is the first infinix phone I’m using and undoubtedly the last with this horrible experience. I will just leave a recommendation to any other person that might be using any of the HOT4 series. If you are not experiencing overheating issue yet GOOD LUCK! but if you are experiencing overheating or your device is starting to develop overheating fault, it will be the best and for your safety to dispose of the phone as soon as you can, because you be might the next person that might be needing #26,600 to fix your device.

PS: I don't mind the amount i can barter out this crap for( in fact free charger included) grin
Hello @Sektion what centre did you visit? Kindly send your actual name & phone number to our mail box.
Re: Infinix Hot 4 Went Up In Smoke! by Kingjoe7: 12:59pm On May 31, 2017
Sektion:

hello, reply ur pm

1 Like

Re: Infinix Hot 4 Went Up In Smoke! by jaymichael(m): 1:50pm On May 31, 2017
The hot4 is an HOTPLATE. It is prone to high temperature while charging. Mine gets hot too sometimes while charging. It is barely 2 months old. I don't know if I can say I regret buying this phone. Other people's might not experience such high temperature.
Re: Infinix Hot 4 Went Up In Smoke! by naruto1979: 2:23pm On May 31, 2017
how to spot fake and original infinix.
i hope this will help.

Re: Infinix Hot 4 Went Up In Smoke! by Sektion: 2:41pm On May 31, 2017
Kingjoe7:
hello, reply ur pm
just did
Re: Infinix Hot 4 Went Up In Smoke! by Sektion: 2:43pm On May 31, 2017
naruto1979:
how to spot fake and original infinix. i hope this will help.
well, as you can see from the detailed pics I posted, it is not fake
Re: Infinix Hot 4 Went Up In Smoke! by Sektion: 2:59pm On May 31, 2017
CarlcareOpebi:

Hello @Sektion what centre did you visit? Kindly send your actual name & phone number to our mail box.
2nd Floor, Ostrich Bakery Building, 155 Ibrahim Taiwo Rd, Ilorin. that is the one I visited. moreover, I think I've sent you guys my actual name n phone number the other time
Re: Infinix Hot 4 Went Up In Smoke! by jaymichael(m): 3:21pm On May 31, 2017
CarlcareOpebi:

Hello, CarlcareOpebi. I almost had the same scare as sektion. I have explained my experience in previous posts. This hot4 lite I use that is barely 2 months old is prone to overheating while charging. Since the overheating started, my battery drains faster and takes longer to charge. The NON REMOVABLE BATTERY design of this phone is an error.
Re: Infinix Hot 4 Went Up In Smoke! by Sektion: 7:03am On Jun 01, 2017
jaymichael:
Hello, CarlcareOpebi. I almost had the same scare as sektion. I have explained my experience in previous posts. This hot4 lite I use that is barely 2 months old is prone to overheating while charging. Since the overheating started, my battery drains faster and takes longer to charge. The NON REMOVABLE BATTERY design of this phone is an error.
baba better sell that thing ASAP

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do This Fast If Your Data Always Finishes Fast? Go To Settings And Do This Quick / Free 15mb On Etisalat / See What This Girl Told MTN Customer Service.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.