Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,497 members, 7,781,495 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:31 PM

Why There Won’t Be Open Bidding For Refineries – Kachikwu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why There Won’t Be Open Bidding For Refineries – Kachikwu (13091 Views)

Buhari’s Government Hasn’t Spent A Penny On Refineries – Kachikwu / We’ll Miss 2019 Target For Refineries’ Revamp – Kachikwu / Ibe Kachikwu Shakes Baru At The Nigerian Economic Summit, Earlier Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why There Won’t Be Open Bidding For Refineries – Kachikwu by Islie: 7:01am On May 26, 2017
By Hamisu Muhammad, Vienna, Austria

The Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Ibe Kachikwu said refineries repair cannot be done in an open bidding process.

Speaking to Daily Trust in Vienna, Austria yesterday at the ongoing 172nd OPEC meeting, Kachikwu said refineries concession “Is a highly technical area, what we have done is to invite those who have experience in refining, but it’s open, anybody who feels he has the skills and has the money is welcome. It is not just about the skills but the money too.

“Remember, we don’t have the money, and what we call them in is to rebuild, help us manage and recoup their money from the incremental production and that is ongoing, it has not been decided, the entire three refineries are up on the refurbishing scheme.”

Responding to the alleged bias in the selection process of the AGIP and OANDO Plc as partners to operate the Port Harcourt Refinery and Petrochemical Company, Kachikwu said final decision on the refineries has not been reached.

He said the Federal Government has decided to concession all four refineries in the country by August this year saying, “We hope to award the contracts by July/August and hopefully between 12 to 18 months to be able to get the refineries fully back, and the model is to bring investors, who will repair the refineries and they recoup their money from the incremental production.

“We are ready to offer all the three refineries for investors who have money to repair and manage.

“People keep mentioning AGIP and OANDO Plc but nobody has made the final decision on those, they are probably the front runners because they put a lot of work on that but I am not in the technical committee, I am the chair of the steering committee, when the technical committee meet and finish their work, they will refer it to the steering committee and then it goes to NNPC Board, so all the hullabaloo about the transparency, there is no basis for that.”

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/why-there-won-t-be-open-bidding-for-refineries-kachikwu/199328.html

Re: Why There Won’t Be Open Bidding For Refineries – Kachikwu by Youngmum1(f): 7:02am On May 26, 2017
Hope this doesn't end up like NEPA/PHCN

6 Likes

Re: Why There Won’t Be Open Bidding For Refineries – Kachikwu by smartty68(m): 7:04am On May 26, 2017
"Remember, we don’t have the money"
@Emboldened, got me laughing real hard grin

Like seriously, no money yet so much loots... He must be joking indeed!

Lemme come and be going...

11 Likes

Re: Why There Won’t Be Open Bidding For Refineries – Kachikwu by Nbote(m): 7:12am On May 26, 2017
Wait ooo I thought dey had fixed d refineries and had dem working optimally all dis while?? Hmmm..Anoda "We will" statement

16 Likes

Re: Why There Won’t Be Open Bidding For Refineries – Kachikwu by subtlemee(f): 7:18am On May 26, 2017
Youngmum1:

Exactly my thought...the lackadaisical attitude of PHCN to citizens is a mistake that shouldn't occur in another sector again

3 Likes

Re: Why There Won’t Be Open Bidding For Refineries – Kachikwu by Nobody: 7:34am On May 26, 2017
Dumb govt... always contradicting themselves. U want to bid refineries and u don't want ur citizens to know what's​ going on behind d curtains. Smells like organised fraud to me.

21 Likes

Re: Why There Won’t Be Open Bidding For Refineries – Kachikwu by samtee37(m): 7:34am On May 26, 2017
Confused gov't........

12 Likes

Re: Why There Won’t Be Open Bidding For Refineries – Kachikwu by Firefire(m): 7:53am On May 26, 2017
Confused & myopic government of professional liars.

7 Likes

Re: Why There Won’t Be Open Bidding For Refineries – Kachikwu by dingbang(m): 8:27am On May 26, 2017
Tired
Re: Why There Won’t Be Open Bidding For Refineries – Kachikwu by otokx(m): 8:32am On May 26, 2017
It is a pity

2 Likes

Re: Why There Won’t Be Open Bidding For Refineries – Kachikwu by alizma: 8:45am On May 26, 2017
nce one there, those who put their money will definitely want to see it working for them to recover their money unlike NEPA where everyone think it is govt money

3 Likes

Re: Why There Won’t Be Open Bidding For Refineries – Kachikwu by 989900: 8:47am On May 26, 2017
Just get things done, Kachikwu.
I believe you.

5 Likes

Re: Why There Won’t Be Open Bidding For Refineries – Kachikwu by Nobody: 9:16am On May 26, 2017
Too much stories

2 Likes

Re: Why There Won’t Be Open Bidding For Refineries – Kachikwu by DaGC(m): 9:23am On May 26, 2017
Yada yada yada.... undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why There Won’t Be Open Bidding For Refineries – Kachikwu by IgbosAreGreat(f): 9:24am On May 26, 2017
let me comment first before i read that write up
Re: Why There Won’t Be Open Bidding For Refineries – Kachikwu by Aburi001: 10:37am On May 26, 2017
God bless Buhari....

They wished him cancer, they wished him dead.

They are now praying for coup. He shall live!

He will come back stronger!!! President Buhari till 2023, "500LIKES" for Baba it kills the wailers.

God bless Kachikwu

God bless Nigeria

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why There Won’t Be Open Bidding For Refineries – Kachikwu by XXLDICK(m): 10:39am On May 26, 2017
The guy above will grow Methuselah's kind of white beards waiting for even 20 likes for baba not talk of 500

To topic,
yes oh

let refineries not be like PHCN that was sold to cronies that have no idea if how electricity works by the ineffectual Buffon.

but wait oh, does Dangote have any expertise in refineries but he is constructing the largest in Africa.

in short, Kachikwu must be mad grin

7 Likes

Re: Why There Won’t Be Open Bidding For Refineries – Kachikwu by Strongbest(m): 10:39am On May 26, 2017
I will soon buy the refinery for proper management. Yes, I believe.

www.nairaland.com/1798724/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why There Won’t Be Open Bidding For Refineries – Kachikwu by hezy4real01(m): 10:39am On May 26, 2017
issokay una don share the project among una sef again

2 Likes

Re: Why There Won’t Be Open Bidding For Refineries – Kachikwu by conductor111: 10:39am On May 26, 2017
You'll find out that Buhari's siblings are only the "qualified" and "eligible" ones for this secret bidding. And when Nnamdi Kanu says Nigeria is a failed cesspit, Unity Beggars will start drowning in their own tears.

5 Likes

Re: Why There Won’t Be Open Bidding For Refineries – Kachikwu by updatesflow: 10:40am On May 26, 2017
This is another strategy to privatize refineries. They should be very careful. Read how to apply for federal fire service recruitment 2017
http://trendyupdates.com.ng/apply-federal-fire-service-recruitment-2017-portal-fedfire-gov-ng/

1 Like

Re: Why There Won’t Be Open Bidding For Refineries – Kachikwu by Chiefpriest1(m): 10:40am On May 26, 2017
Lol. Everything in Nigeria is wuruwuru to the answer. Whether private or public bidding o, they already know what they want to do.

Where are the 18 licences granted years ago for building of refineries?

What happened to the privatisation of NEPA? Years later, things have gone even worse.

Our greatest problem in this country is insincerity.

5 Likes

Re: Why There Won’t Be Open Bidding For Refineries – Kachikwu by Nobody: 10:41am On May 26, 2017
He's learning very quickly, from technocrat to bureaucrat!

2 Likes

Re: Why There Won’t Be Open Bidding For Refineries – Kachikwu by Reference(m): 10:41am On May 26, 2017
Just get it right. Avoid the mistakes of the energy sector.

1 Like

Re: Why There Won’t Be Open Bidding For Refineries – Kachikwu by Tenim47(m): 10:41am On May 26, 2017
i like that part, HE SAID WE DONT HAVE MONEY"
Re: Why There Won’t Be Open Bidding For Refineries – Kachikwu by kizygist: 10:41am On May 26, 2017
They know what they are doing. Only God will help the Nigerian government. How my pastor has been assaulting me sexually for 6 years and also made me commit 4 abortions http://www.updatesflow.tk/2017/05/how-my-pastor-slept-with-me-for-6-years.html

1 Like

Re: Why There Won’t Be Open Bidding For Refineries – Kachikwu by lexxwiz(m): 10:42am On May 26, 2017
Who else is tired of this country called Nigeria??

7 Likes

Re: Why There Won’t Be Open Bidding For Refineries – Kachikwu by enemyofprogress: 10:43am On May 26, 2017
Seun let's sell nairaland and buy refinery,money dey for oil business than all this banning wey you dey ban people grin grin tongue

1 Like

Re: Why There Won’t Be Open Bidding For Refineries – Kachikwu by ednut1(m): 10:43am On May 26, 2017
same refinery Dangote bot and the sale was later reversed, now dangote has gone to build from scratch. they shud better decommission those refineries and sell the scrap metals.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why There Won’t Be Open Bidding For Refineries – Kachikwu by FemiFemola: 10:44am On May 26, 2017
Youngmum1:

It most likely would.

2 Likes

Re: Why There Won’t Be Open Bidding For Refineries – Kachikwu by Ezedon(m): 10:45am On May 26, 2017
That's not the problem at hand

1 Like

Re: Why There Won’t Be Open Bidding For Refineries – Kachikwu by realestniggah: 10:46am On May 26, 2017
have been to some really bad place on the deep web today embarassed embarassed

lord the world is more messed up than you think..i dont belive such place exist on the internet

if you love your self ..dont visit the deep web..fvcking psychopath

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Maduka Looks Good For Agu Awka. Anambra Central Traditional Rulers Endorse / Sani Abacha - 15 Years After / Constitution Review: CAN Seek Ban Of Under 18 Marriages In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.