Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,951 members, 7,806,745 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:27 PM

Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. (33469 Views)

Holyfield Announces Intention To Fight Mike Tyson Again / Photo Of Bash Ali Being Manhandled By GEJ's Minister's Security Aides In 2013 / Bash Ali During Goodluck Jonathan Regime Vs Buhari Regime:See The Difference(pi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. by CastedDude: 11:51am On May 26, 2017
Former boxing champion, Bash Ali boxer, has slammed the Lagos State Government for the invitation to American former World Heavyweight boxing champion, Evander Holyfield for an exhibition-boxing bout in Lagos State.

The Lagos State Governor, Akinwunmi Ambode, had as part of the 50th year anniversary of the creation of Lagos State invited Holyfield, a five-time World Cruiserweight and Heavyweight boxing champion, for a scheduled boxing match with a former governor of the state, Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

The Nigerian boxing legend, lamented on his Facebook page that he would have been invited for the boxing showcase instead of the American because of his contribution to the economy of Lagos and Nigeria.

He wrote;

“I was born and raised in Lagos. I am a world boxing champion, I have contributed to the economic growth of Nigeria through sport and I was rewarded with the highest national honour ever given to a Nigerian athlete, Officer of the Order of the Niger (OON).

American former world boxing champion, Evander Holyfield is in Lagos as a special guest of the government to celebrate Lagos at 50 and I am not invited. The labour of our heroes past shall never be in vain…lol,” .

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2017/05/bash-ali-slams-lagos-government-for.html

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. by decatalyst(m): 11:54am On May 26, 2017
I beg someone should please listen to this old man nau grin

It could be painful when no one is ready to listen to you

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. by NwaObinkita: 12:00pm On May 26, 2017
embarassed cry
Shame on Nigeria.

We value the west more than our own.

-If LASG will pay for Holyfield to visit Lagos as a guest when Bash Ali is a tenant in Lagos.

-When we celebrate Halloween and demonize the Oro and Ekpe festivals.

-When Government officials use BMWs and Mercedes Benz when we have Innosons and yet scream buy Nigerian to grow the Naira

-When we watch Kaitlyn Jenner's show on E! and call Denrele and Bobrisky perverts.

-When PeterPsquare, an Anambra boy goes to London just to watch live Chelsea FC matches yet he has never been to the Ifeanyi Uba FC Stadium at Nnewi.

-when herdsmen slaughters are not talked about by supposed celebrities but you hear them tweet #PrayForParis and co.

When will we value our own
When will our inferiority complex end

Still I weep

580 Likes 63 Shares

Re: Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. by Young03(m): 12:04pm On May 26, 2017
Oga naija too like foreign things

dont worry, sudan go invite u

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. by adewumiopeyemi(m): 1:09pm On May 26, 2017
angry grin
. This land is not for sale.. cheesy grin

4 Likes

Re: Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. by Nobody: 1:09pm On May 26, 2017
World Boxing Champion that doesn't have a Wikipedia page, should that one even be called a boxer?

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. by TangCEO: 1:09pm On May 26, 2017
shocked
Re: Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. by davibid: 1:09pm On May 26, 2017
Like seriously
Re: Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. by verygudbadguy(m): 1:09pm On May 26, 2017
He is very right on this one.... A ni iyan ni le, a lon doka laamu.

Truly, the labour of our heroes past shall never be in vain. Lagos state government has been partial with the people invited for this celebration.

13 Likes

Re: Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. by TangCEO: 1:10pm On May 26, 2017
MaaziNnamidiot:
Boxing champion that doesn't have a Wikipedia page, is that one a boxer?
shh

6 Likes

Re: Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. by eternalcity(m): 1:10pm On May 26, 2017
But why didn't asiwaju show up na? Or didn't want to hear that Hollyfield mistakenly land am one career ending jab grin

5 Likes

Re: Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. by Tazdroid(m): 1:10pm On May 26, 2017
Uncle Bash has a point.... Na money dem go waste to bring am, accommodate am, feed am, take am round, pay am! In Dollars no doubt

We need to look inward. All that craze for "Western things" isn't going to take us anywhere.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. by DollarAngel(m): 1:10pm On May 26, 2017
Bad
Re: Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. by walosky(m): 1:10pm On May 26, 2017
Whats his own?

Borrow pose!

Re: Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. by Nobody: 1:11pm On May 26, 2017
Its a shame that we don't value our heroes.... I can feel that Man's pain

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. by DollarAngel(m): 1:11pm On May 26, 2017
NwaObinkita:
embarassed cry
Shame on Nigeria.

-If LASG will pay for Holyfield to visit Lagos as a guest when Bash Ali is a tenant in Lagos.

-When Government officials use BMWs and Mercedes Benz when we have Innosons and yet scream buy Nigerian to grow the Naira

-When we watch Kaitlyn Jenner's show on E and call Denrele and Bobrisky perverts.

-When PeterPsquare, an Anambra boy goes to London just to watch live Chelsea FC matches yet he has never been to the Ifeanyi Uba FC Stadium at Nnewi.

-when herdsmen slaughters are not talked about by supposed celebrities but you hear them tweet #PrayForParis and co.

Still I weep

You smart
You intelligent
I appreciate you

107 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. by samkay3g(m): 1:11pm On May 26, 2017
no mind them jare, dem no invite me too

5 Likes

Re: Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. by Cutie09(m): 1:11pm On May 26, 2017
NwaObinkita:
embarassed cry
Shame on Nigeria.

-When we watch Kaitlyn Jenner's show on E and call Denrele and Bobrisky perverts.

Still I weep

You just hit the nail on the head of everything wrong with that country

26 Likes

Re: Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. by BUSHHUNTER: 1:11pm On May 26, 2017
Thought he was hospitalized some months ago due to greed... Money meant to be shared he colonized it...Nigeria police gave him the beating of his life.

Since he quit boxing he has resorted to fighting police fighting NFF fighting neighbours now he's fighting govt.

Ode agbalagba.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. by odiereke(m): 1:12pm On May 26, 2017
Bash Ali would have intentionally beat the hell out of Bola Tinubu. Turn the bout to a avenge fight.

20 Likes

Re: Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. by toyinjimoh(m): 1:12pm On May 26, 2017
they should 've invited two of dem instead Lagos state commissioner of sport need to apologize to Nigeria boxing legend Bash Ali
Re: Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. by DonCortino: 1:12pm On May 26, 2017
NwaObinkita:
embarassed cry
Shame on Nigeria.

Still I weep

Which west? Holifield na confirmed igbo man! See him head nah! grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. by SalamRushdie: 1:13pm On May 26, 2017
He saying the truth but as usual some punks will come here to mock him ..Evander holyfield won't recieve anything less than 300k USD to show up and yet Bash Ali is still broke ..

5 Likes

Re: Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. by D2DK(m): 1:13pm On May 26, 2017
Bash why nau grin

5 Likes

Re: Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. by Everblazinggg(f): 1:13pm On May 26, 2017
I pity any body that wants to kill him self trying to make Nigeria proud. The labour of their hero past has always been in vain. I don't blame any one that is doing well now but rejects this God forsaken entity. My children will never play for this country... Never

8 Likes

Re: Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. by Moreoffaith(m): 1:14pm On May 26, 2017
AMBODE WILL INVITE YOU IF YOU PROMISE TO GIVE LAGOS THE 3M$ HE GAVE.

9 Likes

Re: Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. by Tazdroid(m): 1:14pm On May 26, 2017
walosky:
Whats his own?

Borrow pose!

2 Likes

Re: Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. by Nobody: 1:14pm On May 26, 2017
walosky:
Whats his own?

Borrow pose!

Let him speak...it is the truth please don't let it hurt.

2 Likes

Re: Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt. by IgbosAreGreat(f): 1:14pm On May 26, 2017
NwaObinkita:
embarassed cry
Shame on Nigeria.

Still I weep

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Enyimba Explains Why Innocent Gabriel Okey's Jersey Number Was Hand Written / Gary Neville Says Premier League Must Learn Officiating From AFCON / Poland Refuse To Play Russia In 2022 World Cup Playoff Game

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.