Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,892 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:07 AM

What Is The Difference Between Dowry & Bride Price - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is The Difference Between Dowry & Bride Price (1861 Views)

I Have Excess Money, I Can Pay My Dowry, But Will You Accept My Conditions? / Yakubu Chanji Nafsi-Nafsi Bride Is 20 Years, N300,000 Paid As Dowry / Even If You Paid The Dowry Twice, Must You Squeeze Her Oranges Like This? (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Difference Between Dowry & Bride Price by tiwiex(m): 2:42pm On May 26, 2017
I see this alot in threads. Dowry and Bride Price are two different things. We mostly use the word dowry but actually intend to mean bride price. Like I said, it is common. Not picking faults. i learnt it one day and thought to share.

Dowry comes from the bride to the groom (we rarely consider this happening) but it is. Especially in the north. It does not have to be money.
Bride Price comes from the groom's family to the bride's family (the one we mostly talk about)

So next time you ask a lady for her hand in marriage and she jokingly asks you for her dowry, hmmmm. Thank God for your life. Just make sure the transaction is done in dowries.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Dowry & Bride Price by BrightAhiah(m): 2:55pm On May 26, 2017
@OP, hw much or what's d quantity a bride family can give their groom n family as dowry?

celebrating my FTC
Re: What Is The Difference Between Dowry & Bride Price by Hannysmilez(f): 4:44pm On May 26, 2017
BrightAhiah:
@OP, hw much or what's d quantity a bride family can give their groom n family as dowry?

celebrating my FTC
It's usually not money,but material things depending on how rich her parents are.
Standard things are the bed,matress,cushions,table(dining),plates and warmers,wardrobes,kitchen equipment(cooker,dish-washer,freezer,oven,microwave etc),laundry-machine,TV,even foodstuff etc. Her parents literally furnish the house to her taste. We call it 'gara'
Re: What Is The Difference Between Dowry & Bride Price by NevetsIbot(m): 6:08pm On May 26, 2017
ama find me an hausa girl who pay my parents dowry. grin

(1) (Reply)

For Men - The Sixteen Commandments Of Dating / Some Of The Method Ladies Use Now Adays / How To Make Your Boyfriend Or Fiance To Love Your Forever; and Marry You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.