Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,696 members, 7,805,858 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? (4177 Views)

Funny Placards Of GEJ & Buhari In Chatham House Today / 'Until I Say Otherwise, There Will Be No Elections' – Tunde Bakare / Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by oldtime(m): 10:54pm On Jan 15, 2010
I have been worried for Tunde Bakare Lately, I have seen his active participation in Nigerian Politics, the outburst, and open confrontation, I have observed characteristics of his involvements in many issues that affect the Nigerian Leaders and the country

While I think it is a good involvement considering the inhuman treatment of the Nigerian people by a few Politicians who have high jacked power for selfish purposes and brought shame to the Nigerian people

My concern for the cleric is his overbearing manners and untamed outburst both to the government and his fellow “men of God” if he considers them so,

Recently Tunde Bakare joined in a campaign to oust the President of Nigeria who has been hospitalised according to the media in Saudi Arabia
I have been pondering what a man of God will do in the face of a deluge of problems currently ravaging the land

While it is altogether a Nigerian style to protest every unfavourable condition or even kidnap and kill enemies sometimes as we have seen the society reduce to
Will it be right for a Man of God to join in carrying placards to oust an earthly President?
Considering that the world system is controlled by the devil according

2 corint 4;4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

And knowing that true Christians look for a better city according to
Heb 11:10 For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

Why would a man of God try to reclaim the government of the world from those under the influence of the god of this world

Should he insist, what will Elijah do to Ahab?

I am also worried that No “Man of God” has insisted on Praying miraculously to heal the president like Isaiah did to Hezekiah

They can bring God’s Glory to using the ever Powerful Name of Jesus to save the sick President and converting him to Christ afterwards
While the mature ones (Men of God) are silenced and perhaps seeking God secretly on the behalf of the president and Nigeria
Some are renowned for using such political inadequacies to seek cheap popularity and decline the assignment of

Mt 10: 7; 8 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand, Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.
Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jan 15, 2010
interesting question
Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by Sunnybobo3(m): 11:26pm On Jan 15, 2010
Last time I checked, the struggle for emancipation all over the world always have church leaders at the head. Rev. Martin Luther king and Rev. Jesse Jackson comes in mind. Not forgetting Archbishop Desmond Tutu.
Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by walata44(m): 11:34pm On Jan 15, 2010
Thank God for Tunde Bakare. Where are the other men of God? to fight the injustice call Nigeria.
Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by walata44(m): 11:36pm On Jan 15, 2010
I am also worried that No “Man of God” has insisted on Praying miraculously to heal the president like Isaiah did to Hezekiah

They can bring God’s Glory to using the ever Powerful Name of Jesus to save the sick President and converting him to Christ afterwards
While the mature ones (Men of God) are silenced and perhaps seeking God secretly on the behalf of the president and Nigeria
Some are renowned for using such political inadequacies to seek cheap popularity and decline the assignment of

Mt 10: 7; 8 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand, Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

Why are Nigerians so deluded about prayer?
Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by proudly9ja(m): 11:52pm On Jan 15, 2010
Bakare's stance to me is one I have been praying for in a long time. Men of God cannot continue to sit down and 'pray' when the polity is boiling. Like someone pointed out, history has taught us that the struggle for emancipation has mostly been led by men of God. In addition to the names listed, Moses is another name that comes to mind.

The truth is, as long as our 'men of God' continue to fold their arms, the thugs and touts will continue to rule us. Are we not ashamed that we boast of the 'fastest growing churches', the biggest churches, yet our country is in disarray? Are we not ashamed that while one man vis Elijah, Elisha, etc challenged the powers that be in their times, our own men of God prefer to keep quiet and do nothing?

I may not agree with Pastor Tunde Bakare in every way but in this regard, I support him wholeheartedly. You guys think about it, if these men of God are truly men of God, isn't it time to speak against the injustice in the land? Today, Tunde Bakare might be a lone voice, but I know that God has never depended on the majority to fulfill His plans.

Kudos Tunde Bakare. God is your strength.
Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by woye77: 1:45am On Jan 16, 2010
pastor bakare is doing the right thing
Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by Odunnu: 2:31am On Jan 16, 2010
Since I was born,now I am getting old,men of God have always bin praying(datz what i'v bin told)I kip wondering when they will go 2 war like Moses,Josh,Dave etc
Pst Tunde's knees are scorchd frm so much kneeling,nw he's up 2 act!
I'm tired of praying myself,I nid an active reVOLUtion.
He's in tune with reality. Ride on Sir
Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by marvix(m): 4:07am On Jan 16, 2010
Maybe the pastor thinks that God can't answer his prayers if God didn't chose Yaradua no force could hav placed him there my candid advice to the man of God is that he should go back to his prayers nd leave activism to activist,
Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by mbulela: 5:13am On Jan 16, 2010
Tunde Bakare probably believes in the efficacy of his prayers for the nation, hence his decision to add action to his prayers.
after all, faith without works is dead!!
the other pastors are probably unbelievers in disguise.
praying is the very easy part, walking the talk is where most fail.
the others probably do not even believe what they pray, hence their docility.
Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by mbulela: 5:16am On Jan 16, 2010
i am not a an of Tunde Bakare but one thing is certain, the church is compromised and weakened by hirelings acting as leaders and shepherds.
Men and women who only think in terms of self.
I wish their were more of his type.
Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by mbulela: 5:20am On Jan 16, 2010
RCCG and Winners (to mention but a few), spend millions on generators and diesel, yet none have taken the battle on our poor power generation and distribution to the barbarians in power.
When have they picketed the gates of Aso rock or NASS on the issue of NEPA?
yet they gather millions every month for one congress or the other.
Even when Sam Adeyemi organised a rally,they could not support him.
the church like the rest of Nigeria is dying of docility.
too much praying without action is the hallmark of unbelief.
Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by marvix(m): 5:25am On Jan 16, 2010
@mbulela I totally disagree hw many times did Jesus lead a protest nd his apostles after him Pastor Bakare should leave politics to the politicians he shld concentrate on winnin souls to christ pastors should be unbiased nd non partisan
Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by Nobody: 5:27am On Jan 16, 2010
@Poster. DO you know what Jesus did while on earth? Did you read the Bible at All, while on earth, jesus challenged the existing order, brought it down and started a new religion, Christainity, in case you dont know the jews lived by the Law he brought a new other of Living by Grace. Maybe there were no placards in his time, Martin Luther was a Pastor who said No more church, lets march out on a sunday to bring salvation to he people. Salvation does not only mean accepting Jesus as your saviour and playing church, it menas salvation from Injustice, Man Made poverty, slavery and corruption.
Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by Nobody: 5:32am On Jan 16, 2010
marvix:

@mbulela I totally disagree hw many times did Jesus lead a protest nd his apostles after him Pastor Bakare should leave politics to the politicians he shld concentrate on winnin souls to christ pastors should be unbiased nd non partisan
Jesus Led a Protest in he healed a man on sabbath day(Which was against their laws), He led a protest when he flogged those people out of church, he led a protest when he challenged the Priest on thier Bible Knowledge, Men some people can be so shallow. If Christ had just shut up and obeyed constituted Authority which in that case were the High Priest, then my brother, this salvaiton and grace you enjoy will have evaded you
Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by marvix(m): 5:39am On Jan 16, 2010
Jesus never questioned constituted authority he even proclaimed that his kingdom is not here on earth Pastor Bakare can take on other pastors bicos he is a pastor but wit politicians he is out of line so no mata wat people want to say I insist dat he is out of order
Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by marvix(m): 6:00am On Jan 16, 2010
@aisha u are mixin up issues if the pastors questioned the leadership of their association lik CAN or leadership within their church no problem. What happened wen Herod beheaded John,Jesus' forerunner even his disciples wanted him to act what abt wen he was asked to pay tax he went ahead and paid even though d taxes were considered wrong by his people the Jews also wen they came to arrest him did he protest instead he performed yet another miracle in their midst, Pls I ask again wen Jesus was here on earth how many times did he rise against any government?
Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by CyberG: 6:22am On Jan 16, 2010
marvix:

@aisha u are mixin up issues if the pastors questioned the leadership of their association lik CAN or leadership within their church no problem. What happened wen Herod beheaded John,Jesus' forerunner even his disciples wanted him to act what abt wen he was asked to pay tax he went ahead and paid even though d taxes were considered wrong by his people the Jews also wen they came to arrest him did he protest instead he performed yet another miracle in their midst, Pls I ask again wen Jesus was here on earth how many times did he rise against any government?

Another FOOLISH ONE like Paroh_Frey bites the dust! LOSER Marvix! Even an empty coconut has a better head than the pangolo you carry with your overly-stupid arguments!
Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by marvix(m): 6:27am On Jan 16, 2010
@CyberG u are only insulting me was it my head we were talkin abt or pastors carryin placards? If u hav nothin sensible to say u can just shut up nd allow intelligent people analyse issues
Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by Odunnu: 6:48am On Jan 16, 2010
Tunde Bakare is first of all -A citizen of ths nation,then a Christian then a Lawyer and then a Man of God.
A lot of stuff is happenin as a Christian he has prayed,as a lawyer he has watchd d constitution read upside down as a Man of God he has prophecied and askd othrs to pray and yet 2pray.
Hs protests are made as a true and complete citizen of ds great nation.He's tired of d rubbish and needs action.
I dnt knw him(Tunde Bakare)but I do knw that whatevr he is doing has d backing of God because He is a Man of God and hears what God says concerning Nigeria
Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by Nobody: 7:00am On Jan 16, 2010
Odunnu:

Tunde Bakare is first of all -A citizen of ths nation,then a Christian then a Lawyer and then a Man of God.
A lot of stuff is happenin as a Christian he has prayed,as a lawyer he has watchd d constitution read upside down as a Man of God he has prophecied and askd othrs to pray and yet 2pray.
Hs protests are made as a true and complete citizen of ds great nation.He's tired of d rubbish and needs action.
I dnt knw him(Tunde Bakare)but I do knw that whatevr he is doing has d backing of God because He is a Man of God and hears what God says concerning Nigeria
Have you forgoten that even at birth The King wanted Jesus Dead because it was prophesied that Jesus would rule over the earth. The issue of paying tax is the first act that confrims you as a citizen not paying tax will make u a law breaker. Jesus, Martin Lutehr, Desmond Tutu, The Rev. Martin Luther Jnr and Pastor Tunde as u can see anre not law breakers but concerned citizens who know they is a sinful and curropt System and Governemnt, The church is not an isolated entity it s a part of the community.
It seems baseless to even argue this, most revolutions were led by religious leaders such as Ghandi, The Dali lama, Moses, Joshua, Daniel, Shedrack, mesiak and Abednego. How can wer love God when we shut our eyes and ears to injustice around us and just play church?
Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by Kobojunkie: 7:03am On Jan 16, 2010
@Poster, the question ought not to exist because he is a citizen of Nigeria who is affected by the situation in the country as well. No matter what badge he wears extra, that is his badge. If doctors, lawyers, brick layers, capenters can protest, I don't why anyone would consider a pastor too big, or too mighty to protest his rights, along with every other being out there.
Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by marvix(m): 7:09am On Jan 16, 2010
@Odunu is he now to be known also as a politician? If u understood d originating post the question is should pastors also carry placards,nd I think d answer is no because Jesus never joined in a protest against govt neither did he join d guerrilas in his time reason bein that he knew his callin but mayb our Pastors hav started doubtin their callin nd resorting to self help. Their case is not different from christians who go to church nd stil consult spiritualist in a bid to help God
Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by marvix(m): 7:28am On Jan 16, 2010
Mayb kobojunkie is right mayb the question shld not come up nd dis would be correct if he came out as an individual nd acknowledge that all his members nd assistants don't necessarily share the same view. If he had chosen another issue to protest mayb d ASUU protest d Labour protest or any other that addresses issues dat affect d masses I may understand but dis particular protest did not make any sense to me
Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by Kobojunkie: 7:34am On Jan 16, 2010
marvix:

Mayb kobojunkie is right mayb the question shld not come up nd dis would be correct if he came out as an individual nd acknowledge that all his members nd assistants don't necessarily share the same view. If he had chosen another issue to protest mayb d ASUU protest d Labour protest or any other that addresses issues dat affect d masses I may understand but dis particular protest did not make any sense to me

a) Bakare is a citizen who puts on his pant one leg at a time

b) he probably pays taxes too and sees the problems around him

I am not certain it is right to ask if he has a right to an opinion on what is going on in the country. He is a human being, hence entitled to an opinion on what is going on in the country. In fact he ought to be in the front of the group, chanting and urging them to change louder. The President, and his cabinet have broken the LAW, and every single citizen must be outraged and call for him to step down.
Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by marvix(m): 7:43am On Jan 16, 2010
@kobo wat law did d President break or can't he go treat himself wen he is sick? The question we need to ask is does the VP needs anyone to tell him dat he is to act on behalf of his president wen he is not around that's y I tink d whole protest was out of place nd for a pastor to find himself dere is a big pity
Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by princekevo(m): 7:45am On Jan 16, 2010
Nigerians will never be please for once. Just on another thread the bashed Nigerian men of God for not using their influences to contribute their quota in the ill state of Nigerian politics. Now Tunde Bakare stood up to his right another thread to question his credibility as a man of God. Some Nigerians with their ill ways of reasoning.

@ poster. What a useless thread you start? I don't know if some people reason well b4 coming on a public forum like this to ask stop question. If you ever sat to reason your question at home, you would asked yourself the following questions:
Is bakare not a Nigerian?
Has he no right as a Nigerian?
Has he no right to fight for his freedom in Nigeria as a man of God?
Does being a man of God make him invisible to the problem of Nigeria today.
When US put Nigeria under terrorist watch, was his an exception as a man of God?

He is jst a man of God for goodness sake and not God. The 'Man' attached to God should tell u that they are still human and still have to deal the problems on earth jst like you and i. All those passages quoted does not even have anything to do with a man of God standing up for his right. The bible did not encourage you as a christian to Naive or stupi.d
Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by mbulela: 8:10am On Jan 16, 2010
marvix:

i don't want to turn this thread into a religion thread. i wish to respect constituted authority on this forum by keeping this post political.
however, as much i respect your view, i also disagree with it.
the church is not just about winning souls and winning souls is not just about preaching preaching on a pulpit.
the church may not be of this world but it is in this world.
if you keep quiet in the face o the ineptitude, crass rascality and mediocrity that surrounds us,how then can the Church be the salt of the earth?
the argument that Jesus would not have protested is simplistic and more importantly wrong.
the early church and Jesus would have stood or truth and not compromise like the Nigerian church leaders.
Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by mbulela: 8:15am On Jan 16, 2010
there is this erroneous impression that the church should be so heavenly minded and earthly useless.
no one has answered me the question on diesel and generators i asked earlier as it concerns big churches like RCCG and Winners.
my view is that Nigerian churches have their priorities mixed up.I am not sure it is due to ignorance,more of selfishness and docility.
Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by Kobojunkie: 8:16am On Jan 16, 2010
marvix:

@kobo wat law did d President break or can't he go treat himself wen he is sick? The question we need to ask is does the VP needs anyone to tell him dat he is to act on behalf of his president wen he is not around that's y I tink d whole protest was out of place nd for a pastor to find himself dere is a big pity

Well, for one his negligence of the needs of the people is against the constitution. His walking out, without informing anyone of where he is headed, how long, essentially holding the country hostage is unlawful in so many ways. I am not a lawyer but I am sure the lawyers filing suits against him have valid reasons to.

You are right. The VP does not need anyone to tell him he needs to do his job as assistant while the president is away but apparently in Nigeria, being an assistant means you can fold your hands and do nothing until you are made oga. To be honest with you, I believe at first the protest was simply to shout ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. But when I discovered that it was turned into an avenue, by some, to call for the VP to be made president, I lost some of the hope I had initially for the move. I actually belieive we were ready for change but now I am not sure. I even suspect we might be heading back to BUSINESS AS USUAL in a couple of weeks or days.

But anywho, the pastor can also share such a view but I would be more concerned about the people who consider the pastors word ALL AND ALL. I mean he is a mere man and bound to have an opinion on what is going on. It might not be an informed opinion or the more reasonable but he is entitled to an opinion and able to act on em.
Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by princekevo(m): 8:21am On Jan 16, 2010
marvix:

@Odunu is he now to be known also as a politician? If u understood d originating post the question is should pastors also carry placards,nd I think d answer is no because Jesus never joined in a protest against govt neither did he join d guerrilas in his time reason bein that he knew his callin but mayb our Pastors hav started doubtin their callin nd resorting to self help. Their case is not different from christians who go to church nd stil consult spiritualist in a bid to help God

Sorry to say, people like are the reason why Nigeria still remain like these, coz you politicized every liltle thing. Becoz Tunde bakare stood for his right in carry playcards, that makes him a politician? So you mean to tell me that all the poeple that went to the demonstaration were politicians? Is Wole Soyinka a politician? When does fighting for your right make you a politician?

Jesus never joined in a protest against govt neither did he join d guerrilas in his time reason bein that he knew his callin but mayb our Pastors hav started doubtin their callin nd resorting to self help. Their case is not different from christians who go to church nd stil consult spiritualist in a bid to help God

Stop being Naive my brother, can you show me any public protest against the government in the bible, during the time of jesus Christ? That he did not carry any playcards on the street does not mean he shut his mouth and accepted all the acts of the Scribes and pharisees, which were seen as the Authourity.

Give me the definition of protest and i will show where jesus single-handedly protest against the authorithy.
Protest definition free Online dict. 1. To object to, especially in a formal statement.
2. Archaic To proclaim or make known: 3  To express strong objection.

From the above definitions what protest is greater than what Jesus did in (mathew 23:26-30)? He faced the Scribes and the pharesees, which were the Authourity then, and  told them openly:

26Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.

27Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.

28Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.

29Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,

30And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.

Is Nigerian Govt. not full of hypocites? We need men of God like Tunde who can stand up with their influence and face our leaders with the truth jst like Jesus did. Christanity is not being foolish or coward as you think. The first question God will ask him in heaven is how he utilized the influence he gave to him. How many people's life were affected positively with the influence God gave to a man in his position.

So my brother stop being naive and coward in the name of holiness. Infact that might be counted as a sin to you by God.
Re: Should A Pastor (tunde Bakare) Join To Carry Placards? by marvix(m): 8:44am On Jan 16, 2010
@kobo I stil tink u are wrong to say he neglected his duties witout informin anyone about where he was goin, remember we were all told he had pericarduatis nd had gone to Saudi what other declaration do we need. On the issue of protest we quite agree if they had com out to say Enuf is Enuf it wld hav bin Ok but u saw what they ended up doing nd for a pastor to be among them I insist is a pity at most he should organise his protest with his followers in prayer nd fasting

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pdp Govs Shout Down Nwodo At Nec Meeting ! / Tompolo Assures Muslims In Warri Of Safety / Breaking!!! Bukola Saraki Decamp To PDP. Removes APC Logo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.