Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,117 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:23 AM

Osun Govt. Provides 15 Hectares Of Land For Commercial Farming - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Osun Govt. Provides 15 Hectares Of Land For Commercial Farming (8288 Views)

Learn Local And Commercial Farming In Nigeria FREE / Land For Commercial Farming! / Cbn Releases N501bn For Commercial Agric Credit Scheme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Govt. Provides 15 Hectares Of Land For Commercial Farming by Blue3k2: 4:25pm On May 26, 2017
The Osun State Government on Thursday said it had provided about 15 hectares of land for large scale cultivation to boost food production in the state.

Dr Bukola Aluko, the coordinating director, Osun state Ministry of Agriculture, Food Security, and Youths Engagement, disclosed this in an interview with newsmen in Osogbo.

According to Aluko, the state government is collaborating with investors that will facilitate farming on large and commercial scales in the state.

“Through this collaboration, billions of naira will be invested in agriculture: planting, processing and packaging of farm produce.

“Currently, farmers that are interested in partnering the state government have started importing their raw materials.

“The state government on its part has provided between 10 hectares and 15 hectares of land to investors for cultivation of farm crops, “ he said.

He said that the state government would allocate plots of lands to farmers to cultivate crops like cassava, maize and soya beans on a large scale.

“The state government has set up an Agriculture Development Bank to address land allocation for farming, “he said. He said that the initiative would enhance the economy of the state and increase its revenue generation.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/05/osun-govt-provides-15-hectares-land-commercial-farming/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Osun Govt. Provides 15 Hectares Of Land For Commercial Farming by juman(m): 4:43pm On May 26, 2017
Hiss

Useless unserious governor.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Govt. Provides 15 Hectares Of Land For Commercial Farming by brainpulse: 4:59pm On May 26, 2017
A very good one, anything and any development to alleviate poverty is welcomed instead of giving out #200 and one tin of rice. .
A potopoto IPod pikin just posted rubbish as usual above me.

13 Likes

Re: Osun Govt. Provides 15 Hectares Of Land For Commercial Farming by Iamwrath: 4:59pm On May 26, 2017
Oyaaaa Aregbeee

This man has good plans

if me i see one plot there i for happi oo

4 Likes

Re: Osun Govt. Provides 15 Hectares Of Land For Commercial Farming by Nobody: 4:59pm On May 26, 2017
Hoe-loriburuku Man

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Govt. Provides 15 Hectares Of Land For Commercial Farming by Dreamchasers31(m): 5:00pm On May 26, 2017
Omg
Re: Osun Govt. Provides 15 Hectares Of Land For Commercial Farming by seunlly(m): 5:01pm On May 26, 2017
still na half salary we deh collect. thunder wey go fire Una dey receive power from kanji dam.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Govt. Provides 15 Hectares Of Land For Commercial Farming by fyneguy: 5:02pm On May 26, 2017
15 or 15,000?? shocked

Haba Aregbe, no fall my hand ke.

Even individuals have 10, 20, and over 200 hectares in Ogun State under the maize farming project

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Govt. Provides 15 Hectares Of Land For Commercial Farming by PearlStreet(m): 5:02pm On May 26, 2017
I don't think 15 Hectares of land is enough for any serious commercial farmland.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osun Govt. Provides 15 Hectares Of Land For Commercial Farming by BuariCopyPaste: 5:03pm On May 26, 2017
I hope it's not for Indian hemp planting....
Accommodators are so much in love with weed planting.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Govt. Provides 15 Hectares Of Land For Commercial Farming by PapaBrowne(m): 5:03pm On May 26, 2017
15 Hectares

Is that per person or what?

Or is that 15,000 Hectares?
Re: Osun Govt. Provides 15 Hectares Of Land For Commercial Farming by AworiLagosian: 5:03pm On May 26, 2017
Provided to whom?

2 Likes

Re: Osun Govt. Provides 15 Hectares Of Land For Commercial Farming by brainpulse: 5:03pm On May 26, 2017
juman:
Hiss

Useless unserious governor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun Govt. Provides 15 Hectares Of Land For Commercial Farming by PearlStreet(m): 5:04pm On May 26, 2017
BuariCopyPaste:
I hope it's not for Indian hemp planting....

Accommodators are so much in love with weed planting.

The 15 Hectares is to ensure that you don't die of hunger like 3 Million of your vision-less ancestors who went to war against those feeding them.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Govt. Provides 15 Hectares Of Land For Commercial Farming by omogidi234(m): 5:05pm On May 26, 2017
I hectare is 14 plots. I hope this is a pilot programme​ with plan to increase it to 500 hectares or more with time. Kudos all the same.
Re: Osun Govt. Provides 15 Hectares Of Land For Commercial Farming by Talk2Bella(f): 5:05pm On May 26, 2017
Great idea
Re: Osun Govt. Provides 15 Hectares Of Land For Commercial Farming by Sirpaul(m): 5:05pm On May 26, 2017
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........
Re: Osun Govt. Provides 15 Hectares Of Land For Commercial Farming by OluchiDelly: 5:08pm On May 26, 2017
This must be breaking news of the year. 15 hectares from a state govt? Not even 150 hectares! Can food/returns from 15 hectares feed/sustain a street not to talk about a whole state?
Re: Osun Govt. Provides 15 Hectares Of Land For Commercial Farming by PREBuhari2019: 5:09pm On May 26, 2017
One of them,because he's leaving soon he want to form am working.
Re: Osun Govt. Provides 15 Hectares Of Land For Commercial Farming by adewale1: 5:09pm On May 26, 2017
Contact us for the below detail.

1. Governor's Consent

2. Certificate of Occupancy. (C of O)

3. Building Plan Approval (Business Center, Commercial, Residential or for Religion purpose)

4. Architectural Drawing

5. Survey Plan

6. Certified True Copy (CTC) Of Root of Titles

7. Construction

8. General Contractor

Why stress yourself or driving to Ministry of Land, Alausa or Physical PLanning everyday with no result or your file lost in the process or your project delayed by Land Officers. Let our professional trained Staff help you get this done within time light. We have records and proof all around, Lekki, Opic, Isheri North, Magodo. Just to name but few.
You're also welome to our Office situated at MKO ABiola Garden, Alausa Ikeja.
For: MightySparrow Crown LTD
Mr Taiwo Adewale on 08183433898
Re: Osun Govt. Provides 15 Hectares Of Land For Commercial Farming by BuariCopyPaste: 5:09pm On May 26, 2017
PearlStreet:

The 15 Hectares is to ensure that you don't die of hunger like 3 Million of your vision-less ancestors who went to war against those feeding them.

If it's not actually meant for hemp cultivation then it's definitely meant for these unity beggars

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osun Govt. Provides 15 Hectares Of Land For Commercial Farming by Victornezzar: 5:12pm On May 26, 2017
brainpulse:
A very good one, anything and any development to alleviate poverty is welcomed instead of giving out #200 and one tin of rice. .
A potopoto IPod pikin just posted rubbish as usual above me.
Enof of all dis tribalism ish
No governor is clean

1 Like

Re: Osun Govt. Provides 15 Hectares Of Land For Commercial Farming by agitator: 5:13pm On May 26, 2017
pix or it is a lie
Re: Osun Govt. Provides 15 Hectares Of Land For Commercial Farming by Aphrygian(m): 5:20pm On May 26, 2017
omogidi234:
I hectare is 14 plots. I hope this is a pilot programme​ with plan to increase it to 500 hectares or more with time. Kudos all the same.
Re: Osun Govt. Provides 15 Hectares Of Land For Commercial Farming by Blue3k2: 5:22pm On May 26, 2017
Sounds like a plan. Does this bank also give low cost loans.

“The state government has set up an Agriculture Development Bank to address land allocation for farming, “he said. He said that the initiative would enhance the economy of the state and increase its revenue generation.

He said that the state government would allocate plots of lands to farmers to cultivate crops like cassava, maize and soya beans on a large scale. 
Re: Osun Govt. Provides 15 Hectares Of Land For Commercial Farming by felixzo1(m): 5:30pm On May 26, 2017
which large scale farming can be done on 15 hectares. I thought he means 5000 hectares

1 Like

Re: Osun Govt. Provides 15 Hectares Of Land For Commercial Farming by Jeezuzpick(m): 5:39pm On May 26, 2017
Where in the whole of Osun can you get real, meaningful
land for farming without clearing a lot of natural vegetation/forests?
There's a reason why the North is king in large scale farming. They have large swathes of land.
Invest in tree crops like cocoa and oil palm, not grains and legumes.
Osun no get reasonable land for real food crop production.

1ha is 10,000 square metres or 100m X 100m.
15ha is 15 X 10000 = 150000 square metres, or 300m X 500m. A perimeter of 1.6km.
You can circle the whole land in minutes!
Tiny!
Ridiculous!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osun Govt. Provides 15 Hectares Of Land For Commercial Farming by Crestedguy4real: 5:40pm On May 26, 2017
omogidi234:
1 hectare is 6 plot,oga correct urself

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Grafting Fruit Trees: An Intro / How To Make Cheap Organic Pesticides from neem oil / My Pepper Sack Farming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.