Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,881 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:12 AM

South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident (23173 Views)

How Did You Obtain Your Permanent Residency In Your Current Country? / Ghastly Accident Along Njaba Road In Imo, Resident Blames Marine Spirit. Photos / DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by welf99: 12:37pm On Sep 04, 2017
Direct residence permits
This category of permit is applicable to foreigners who have been residing in South Africa on the basis of their work permits for a minimum period of five years, their spouses and also to dependents of South African citizens/permanent residence permit holders.
To apply for a direct residency permit you need to complete Form BI-947.
Residency-on-other-grounds permits
This category of permits applies to foreigners who:
are in possession of a permanent work offer in South Africa, or
have exceptional skills and qualifications
intend to establish a business in South Africa
qualify as Refugees in terms of Section 27(c) of the Refugees Act
qualify as retired persons
are financially independent
are relatives (biologically or judicially adopted) of a South African citizen/permanent residence permit holder
You can apply for all Permanent Residency Permits at the Department of Home Affairs, at the nearest office in the South African province in which you intend to live and work. Alternatively, if you are based overseas, you can apply at your nearest South African embassy, mission or cunsulate in the country in which you live.
Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by cutieme(m): 7:14am On Sep 06, 2017
elliothigh:
please i need a response house, have been using quota permit for three years now and again have been working as a teacher as well . i have a SAQA am also a member of south african council of educators, can i still apply for PR after the completion of my 5 years permit? please help
Bro please how do one go about getting a teaching job over there in SA?Please elaborate,thanks.
Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by prodam(m): 8:16am On Sep 06, 2017
welf99:

the first step is to check above post if your skill is listed as critical skill. once you confirm that the next step is SAQA evaluation.

Thanks.

I have just confirmed that my skill is listed as critical skill. How do I go about the SAQA evaluation?

Grateful
Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by elliothigh: 8:59am On Sep 06, 2017
thanks bro
Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by welf99: 9:30am On Sep 06, 2017
prodam:

Thanks.

I have just confirmed that my skill is listed as critical skill. How do I go about the SAQA evaluation?

Grateful

Great! use the link below to proceed with the SAQA evaluation

http://www.saqa.org.za/index.php

https://dfqeas.saqa.co.za/dfqeas/user/home
Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by biazarre(m): 7:25am On Sep 27, 2017
welf99:

Great! use the link below to proceed with the SAQA evaluation

http://www.saqa.org.za/index.php

https://dfqeas.saqa.co.za/dfqeas/user/home
thanks for ur tym Mr op.. now pls like how much can the whole process gulp.. I need to know b4 starting because I wouldn't want to stop at d middle wen the going gets tough..

I was to told by a travel agency to provide 460k for the whole critical skill visa process.. ur analyses will be greatly appreciated.. tnx..!
Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by welf99: 4:25pm On Sep 27, 2017
biazarre:
thanks for ur tym Mr op.. now pls like how much can the whole process gulp.. I need to know b4 starting because I wouldn't want to stop at d middle wen the going gets tough..

I was to told by a travel agency to provide 460k for the whole critical skill visa process.. ur analyses will be greatly appreciated.. tnx..!

Please do it yourself, you don't need an agent. You can budget between 250k - 350k, to cover SAQA evaluation, Membership of professional body, Visa application fees, Critical skill assessment by professional body. etc.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by olystic: 4:19am On Sep 28, 2017
welf99:

Please do it yourself, you don't need an agent. You can budget between 250k - 350k, to cover SAQA evaluation, Membership of professional body, Visa application fees, Critical skill assessment by professional body. etc.

Hello
How do I apply for membership of professional body in Nigerian for mechanical engineering technician. Which is the professional body for this occupation in Nigerian.
Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by educsam245: 5:19am On Sep 28, 2017
Hello Everyone,

Please help!!! I did my honours and Masters full time in SA. I'm doing my PhD now. I have the proof that my discipline is on the critical scarce skill list. I made an attempt to complete an online application for PR (extra ordinary skill). By the list I got the list of required documents, "a valid critical skill visa" is among. My existing visa is "study visa", I have never applied for critical skill. Please, would you advise that I proceed with the PR application? If I'm to change the application to critical skill visa application (by change of condition in the existing visa), will that not lead to the cancellation of my current study visa which I might use to register with the university next year? Please help me. God bless!
Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by biazarre(m): 8:31am On Sep 28, 2017
welf99:

. tnx a million...
Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by welf99: 2:26pm On Sep 28, 2017
olystic:

Hello
How do I apply for membership of professional body in Nigerian for mechanical engineering technician. Which is the professional body for this occupation in Nigerian.

This is a south African professional body not Nigeria. For Mechanical Engineering in South Africa please contact ECSA

Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA) https://www.ecsa.co.za/default.aspx
1st Floor, Waterview Corner Building, 2 Ernest Oppenheimer Avenue, Bruma Lake Office Park, Bruma, 2198
011 - 607 9500/ 9539/011 616 1855
Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by welf99: 2:34pm On Sep 28, 2017
educsam245:
Hello Everyone,

Please help!!! I did my honours and Masters full time in SA. I'm doing my PhD now. I have the proof that my discipline is on the critical scarce skill list. I made an attempt to complete an online application for PR (extra ordinary skill). By the list I got the list of required documents, "a valid critical skill visa" is among. My existing visa is "study visa", I have never applied for critical skill. Please, would you advise that I proceed with the PR application? If I'm to change the application to critical skill visa application (by change of condition in the existing visa), will that not lead to the cancellation of my current study visa which I might use to register with the university next year? Please help me. God bless!

For you to apply for PR under extra ordinary skill, you will need evidence of Critical Skill Visa as a requirement. Firstly you need to apply for Critical Skill Visa and later apply for PR. Critical Skill Visa allows you to study only on part time basis.Not necessarily a cancellation of your study visa but my advise is for you to complete your studies before you change conditions on your visa or apply for new Critical skill visa.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by educsam245: 5:11pm On Sep 28, 2017
welf99:

For you to apply for PR under extra ordinary skill, you will need evidence of Critical Skill Visa as a requirement. Firstly you need to apply for Critical Skill Visa and later apply for PR. Critical Skill Visa allows you to study only on part time basis.Not necessarily a cancellation of your study visa but my advise is for you to complete your studies before you change conditions on your visa or apply for new Critical skill visa.

I will definitely take to your advice. Thank you.
Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by reka(m): 6:08pm On Sep 28, 2017
On the other hand, How many years is left for you to round up? If you have a critical skill visa, do you know it allows you not to pay medical insurance again till you finish your Ph.D.? Ph.D. is regarded as a part-time programme because it's a research programme.
educsam245:

educsam245:

Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by prodam(m): 3:11pm On Sep 30, 2017
reka, Please reply my mail!
Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by Nobody: 8:23pm On Sep 30, 2017
Justwise is viewing grin
Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by reka(m): 6:44pm On Oct 01, 2017
I haven't got any email from you sir.
prodam:
reka, Please reply my mail!
Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by prodam(m): 8:13am On Oct 02, 2017
reka:
I haven't got any email from you sir.

Oh Okay bro. Then it didnt work, can I get alternative contact pls. Please treat as urgent. Thank you.
Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by reka(m): 9:37am On Oct 02, 2017
cyphanetglobalconcept@gmail.com
prodam:

Oh Okay bro. Then it didnt work, can I get alternative contact pls. Please treat as urgent. Thank you.
Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by prodam(m): 12:52pm On Oct 03, 2017
reka:
cyphanetglobalconcept@gmail.com

This is great, thanks.

I have sent you a mail.
Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by welf99: 2:15pm On Oct 06, 2017
Physeryor:

Hello, I would like to have your whatsapp number or email address. I am currently in South Africa but i want to apply for PR for SA graduate. i do not mind coming to naija to apply for it.

You are welcome!
Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by reka(m): 11:24am On Oct 07, 2017
Sorry bro, didn't get any email from you.

prodam:

This is great, thanks.

I have sent you a mail.

Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by nnaiah: 11:20am On Oct 26, 2017
This thread should be pinned.

I want to thank Welf99 for guiding me through the process of critic skills application.

I got my Critical Visa.

Welf99 you too much.

Thanks again
Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by welf99: 12:43pm On Oct 26, 2017
nnaiah:

I want to thank Welf99 for guiding me through the process of critic skills application.

I got my Critical Visa.

Welf99 you too much.

Thanks again

Congratulations nnaiah...I am happy you got your critical skill visa. You have joined many others that are successfully via this forum.
Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by cutieme(m): 5:54pm On Oct 26, 2017
nnaiah:

I got my Critical Visa.

Welf99 you too much.

Thanks again
Pls how did u go about it?
Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by TimoBriggs: 3:50pm On Nov 18, 2017
welf99:

Congratulations nnaiah...I am happy you got your critical skill visa. You have joined many others that are successfully via this forum.
Congratulations!!!

Thanks Welf99. I got my visa too. Your advise was invaluable
Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by cutieme(m): 10:29pm On Nov 18, 2017
TimoBriggs:

Thanks Welf99. I got my visa too. Your advise was invaluable
Congrat bro ,but how did you go about it?
Re: South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident by TimoBriggs: 4:25pm On Nov 19, 2017
cutieme:
Congrat bro ,but how did you go about it?

Favor Bro. Simply favor. Applied to an SA firm . Got hired and I applied with all the info welf99 shared here plus docs from the company supporting my application. Cost was around 300k though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Trailer Poured Its Contents On JIBOWU BRIDGE Towards The Mainland - Pictured / Update On Minna-Bida Road (Photos) / Notice To Those Who Wish To Live In Japan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.