Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:10 AM

Google's Biggest Fails - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Google's Biggest Fails (16200 Views)

TECNO Pad Fails To Uprade / Airtel Pulls Out Of Race To Purchase 9mobile As Globacom Fails To Submit a Bid / Updated Gmail App Fails To Bring New Mail Inbox (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Google's Biggest Fails by Nobody: 11:30am On May 27, 2017
BroZuma:

I have used Google Map and I have used Here Maps former Nokia Here and I still have Here on my phone...this of cause is a personal choice.

Your last statement says it all.
Re: Google's Biggest Fails by Nobody: 11:32am On May 27, 2017
ollah1:

Your last statement says it all.

Go back to my first post it's always been "I" preferences differ.
Re: Google's Biggest Fails by Neozy(m): 11:38am On May 27, 2017
sbashir10:
Even with their flaws, they have achieved what Nigeria as a Country has failed to achieved right from Amalgamation of North and South in 1914...
What are you trying to say? How does an organisation's success or failure relate to that of a country? I know it might be hard for you, but always think b4 you talk or comment.
Re: Google's Biggest Fails by Nobody: 11:38am On May 27, 2017
BroZuma:

Go back to my first post it's always been "I" preferences differ.

BroZuma:

Google Maps, trust it at your own peril grin grin grin grin...
Re: Google's Biggest Fails by martineverest(m): 12:02pm On May 27, 2017
ollah1:

Lol. The number one hater of Google has arrived. Welcome aboard
before nko?...where av u been?
Re: Google's Biggest Fails by martineverest(m): 12:07pm On May 27, 2017
ollah1:
How the hell would you consider hangouts and Google glass as failures?
na u dey talk all these one?...google glass and g plus are d biggest google failure in history...google ended sale of glass two yrs ago
Re: Google's Biggest Fails by martineverest(m): 12:08pm On May 27, 2017
ollah1:

Which map navigation app is better than Google maps? I'm waiting for your response.
here map is a rival
Re: Google's Biggest Fails by Viktor1983(m): 12:09pm On May 27, 2017
Maps, Android, Chrome, YouTube, G-mail, Translate, Keep, Photos, Drive,SnapSeed are the products that thrill me In Google's lineup

hangouts was good at the beginning till the chat app wars started.

Google Glass wasn't a failure, only Google knows why they didn't push it to the mass market, they might have been afraid of privacy invasion and the law suits that will follow.
Every tom around will definitely want to milk Google, I also think allo and duo were wonderful apps, but they should have been baked together as one app or Better still they would have just acquired IMO(chat app) .
Re: Google's Biggest Fails by Nobody: 12:12pm On May 27, 2017
martineverest:
na u dey talk all these one?...google glass and g plus are d biggest google failure in history...google ended sale of glass two yrs ago

How is g plus and hangouts the same? Google glass isn't a failure, the market isn't just ready for such a product and Google is always about the future
Re: Google's Biggest Fails by martineverest(m): 12:28pm On May 27, 2017
ollah1:

How is g plus and hangouts the same? Google glass isn't a failure, the market isn't just ready for such a product and Google is always about the future
hangout was caRved out of g plus just like messenger from facebook

augmement reality is gradually bcoming norm and microsoft is claiming monopoly in both patent and hardware,while google is looking.

The truth remains that google glass has been hated by many and google cant change anything
Re: Google's Biggest Fails by martineverest(m): 12:33pm On May 27, 2017
Viktor1983:
Maps, Android, Chrome, YouTube, G-mail, Translate, Keep, Photos, Drive,SnapSeed are the products that thrill me In Google's lineup

hangouts was good at the beginning till the chat app wars started.

Google Glass wasn't a failure, only Google knows why they didn't push it to the mass market, they might have been afraid of privacy invasion and the law suits that will follow.
Every tom around will definitely want to milk Google, I also think allo and duo were wonderful apps, but they should have been baked together as one app or Better still they would have just acquired IMO(chat app) .
my guy,g glass is a complete failure...,,,if its not,then y havent google revamped it to compete with hololens?

Allo,duo,jamboard,pixel,nexus,nest,hangout and daydream are as good as dead....in fact,they are dead already

lest i forget,chromebook is dead too

1 Like

Re: Google's Biggest Fails by Nobody: 12:34pm On May 27, 2017
martineverest:
my guy,g glass is a complete failure...,,,if its not,then y havent google revamped it to compete with hololens?

Allo,duo,jamboard,pixel,nexus,nest,hangout and daydream are as good as dead....in fact,they are dead already

Don't forget Project Ara
Re: Google's Biggest Fails by martineverest(m): 12:36pm On May 27, 2017
BroZuma:

Don't forget Project Ara
thanks,bro...that was the biggest disappointment in google world of recent..... Even project tango is as good as dead,since microsoft unveiled hololens

if google isnt careful android future will be in jeopardy..microsoft have eaten deep into tablet market with hybrid tablets and they are likely going to do same to android phone sector with their rumored surface phone
Re: Google's Biggest Fails by Nobody: 2:02pm On May 27, 2017
martineverest:
hangout was caRved out of g plus just like messenger from facebook

augmement reality is gradually bcoming norm and microsoft is claiming monopoly in both patent and hardware,while google is looking.

The truth remains that google glass has been hated by many and google cant change anything

How is hangouts carved out of g plus? Even if it's true does that mean it's a failure?

AR is far from becoming the norm. All tech companies are working and they all have their respective patents. Don't out MS ahead of others. Like I said earlier, Google glass isn't a failure. The market wasn't just ready for it yet.
Re: Google's Biggest Fails by Nobody: 2:04pm On May 27, 2017
martineverest:
thanks,bro...that was the biggest disappointment in google world of recent..... Even project tango is as good as dead,since microsoft unveiled hololens

if google isnt careful android future will be in jeopardy..microsoft have eaten deep into tablet market with hybrid tablets and they are likely going to do same to android phone sector with their rumored surface phone

Lol. You love dreams, those that don't see the light of the day. Surface phone has been a rumour since the last 3 years and nothing. Absolutely nothing is concrete about it till date.

Google partake in many projects. I love them for that, the have got balls. They aren't scared to fail but in between that they excellently excell in some products.

Remember, project FI
Re: Google's Biggest Fails by martineverest(m): 2:05pm On May 27, 2017
ollah1:

How is hangouts carved out of g plus? Even if it's true does that mean it's a failure?

AR is far from becoming the norm. All tech companies are working and they all have their respective patents. Don't out MS ahead of others. Like I said earlier, Google glass isn't a failure. The market wasn't just ready for it yet.
isnt ready yet?....and microsoft is selling hololens like hot cake even when the product is twice more xpensive than glass ?
Re: Google's Biggest Fails by martineverest(m): 2:07pm On May 27, 2017
ollah1:

Lol. You love dreams, those that don't see the light of the day. Surface phone has been a rumour since the last 3 years and nothing. Absolutely nothing is concrete about it till date.

Google partake in many projects. I love them for that, the have got balls. They aren't scared to fail but in between that they excellently excell in some products.

Remember, project FI
project fi is already dying...corporate ADHD is google biggest problem
Re: Google's Biggest Fails by badbreathcure101: 2:07pm On May 27, 2017
JeffreyJames:
How the hell do you classify Google+ as a failure?
yea u have a point, g++ is worse than a failure!!!
Re: Google's Biggest Fails by Nobody: 2:10pm On May 27, 2017
martineverest:

You write with complete emotions when it has to do with Google. I really don't know what makes you hate them this much. Remember some folks get their updates from here, it will be bad when you deceieve them with trash like this.

How is nexus a failure? A line that Google discountined cos of Pixel in order to have a strong foothold in the smartphone market.
How is Pixel a failure? A product line that just got debuted 6 months ago and virtually every smartphone is compared to it. It holds its head expecially in the camera department

Duo, Hangouts, daydream, Chromebook aren't dead.
Too much of emotional epistle in one comment.
Re: Google's Biggest Fails by Nobody: 2:12pm On May 27, 2017
martineverest:
project fi is already dying...corporate ADHD is google biggest problem

How is project FI dying? U write loads of bullocks oo
Re: Google's Biggest Fails by adeoba2008(m): 2:15pm On May 27, 2017
Such is life. Google has learned to move on and that is life....
Re: Google's Biggest Fails by badbreathcure101: 2:15pm On May 27, 2017
Everything about google sucks too much data, from chrome to map, youtube, photos even ordinary hangout eats up excess data and i wonder why that is.
Re: Google's Biggest Fails by Nobody: 2:18pm On May 27, 2017
martineverest:
isnt ready yet?....and microsoft is selling hololens like hot cake even when the product is twice more xpensive than glass ?

Hololens isn't selling like pancakes. Pls quit this countinous bullocks
Re: Google's Biggest Fails by Nobody: 2:18pm On May 27, 2017
badbreathcure101:
Everything about google sucks too much data, from chrome to map, youtube, photos even ordinary hangout eats up excess data and i wonder why that is.

Don't use their products then
Re: Google's Biggest Fails by badbreathcure101: 2:21pm On May 27, 2017
ollah1:

Don't use their products then
actually i don't​
Re: Google's Biggest Fails by Nobody: 2:31pm On May 27, 2017
badbreathcure101:
actually i don't​

Better even tho it's a complete lie.
Re: Google's Biggest Fails by martineverest(m): 2:35pm On May 27, 2017
ollah1:

You write with complete emotions when it has to do with Google. I really don't know what makes you hate them this much. Remember some folks get their updates from here, it will be bad when you deceieve them with trash like this.

How is nexus a failure? A line that Google discountined cos of Pixel in order to have a strong foothold in the smartphone market.
How is Pixel a failure? A product line that just got debuted 6 months ago and virtually every smartphone is compared to it. It holds its head expecially in the camera department

Duo, Hangouts, daydream, Chromebook aren't dead.
Too much of emotional epistle in one comment.
pls,,where is d pixel line?...how many ppl still use duo and hangout?...y is chromebook relegated to education sector because of its cheapness?...how many daydream vrsupported phones have u seen apart from google pixel and zenfone??...ur failure to mention allo shows that allo is dead too
Re: Google's Biggest Fails by martineverest(m): 2:38pm On May 27, 2017
ollah1:

Hololens isn't selling like pancakes. Pls quit this countinous bullocks
microsoft have never advertise hololens and its been used by american,irania,israeli etc militaries.....big aviation and automobile industry players,biggest construction companies,NASA,Architecural companies,medical org etc have all adopted it,despite zero advert ...come on man
Re: Google's Biggest Fails by martineverest(m): 2:40pm On May 27, 2017
ollah1:

How is project FI dying? U write loads of bullocks oo
if project fi is xpanding why did google reduce its workforce earlier this year?
Re: Google's Biggest Fails by Nobody: 2:56pm On May 27, 2017
martineverest:
microsoft have never advertise hololens and its been used by american,irania,israeli etc militaries.....big aviation and automobile industry players,biggest construction companies,NASA,Architecural companies,medical org etc have all adopted it,despite zero advert ...come on man

You know all this because you work at Redmond right?
Re: Google's Biggest Fails by Nobody: 2:58pm On May 27, 2017
martineverest:
pls,,where is d pixel line?...how many ppl still use duo and hangout?...y is chromebook relegated to education sector because of its cheapness?...how many daydream vrsupported phones have u seen apart from google pixel and zenfone??...ur failure to mention allo shows that allo is dead too

God. Pixel debuted on October alongside daydream, do you expect it to grow immediately in the competitive market? Pixel is always used to compare other phones especially it's exceptional camera.

People use Duo and Hangout steadily. Chromebook targets were strictly for education. I don't write with emotions hence the absence of Allo.
Re: Google's Biggest Fails by Nobody: 3:01pm On May 27, 2017
martineverest:
if project fi is xpanding why did google reduce its workforce earlier this year?

Lol. Like always, emotional arguments.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Top Ten Applications On Your Phone. / Create Mtn Recharge Card For Free / How To Stop 'spam' Calls From GSM Operators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.