Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,449 members, 7,808,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:09 PM

Corpers Sleep Outside As Lagos NYSC Camp Becomes Overcrowded (Photos) - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Corpers Sleep Outside As Lagos NYSC Camp Becomes Overcrowded (Photos) (44169 Views)

Female Corper Sexually Harasses Male Corper At Lagos NYSC Camp, Touches His Dick / Miss Lagos NYSC And Mr Macho (Photos) / Female Soldier Who Is Rocking Lagos NYSC Camp. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corpers Sleep Outside As Lagos NYSC Camp Becomes Overcrowded (Photos) by Tunagee(m): 11:13am On May 27, 2017
Specialspesh:
Some Corpers were allegedly forced to sleep outside after a Lagos NYSC camp admitted more than its capacity and became overcrowded.

According to a Facebook user, Aniebiet Anie Udo who shared this, soldiers sent the corpers out of the registration hall which made them resort to sleeping on the floor.

Source: http://www.cambellsblog.com/2017/05/corps-members-forced-to-sleep-outside.html

For wetin na? even when the jobs are certainly not available after everything.
Re: Corpers Sleep Outside As Lagos NYSC Camp Becomes Overcrowded (Photos) by Afonjashapmouth: 11:13am On May 27, 2017
Misterdhee1:

Its not by force now. Whoever feels the scheme is nonsense, should request for exemption or not even bother to show up in camp. Just because it is irrelevant to you, doesn't make it irrelevant to every other graduate. There is a word called 'CHOICE' bro.

sometimes you guys are just quote hungry..... whats the use of a scheme that is not benefiting to us as a country, risking lives and nothing profitable at the end? we are talking as a citizen about our right not about some dumb ass choice. read and understand before quoting

1 Like

Re: Corpers Sleep Outside As Lagos NYSC Camp Becomes Overcrowded (Photos) by Langbasa: 11:13am On May 27, 2017
Olabisidebra:

Where was your mendula when you were actually typing this nonsense? That you were denied service(nysc) and issued an exemption letter bcoz you graduated at the age of 36 isn't enough reason for you to wag your mouth about others! Its a choice "Ode"
COPPER SPOTTEDcheesy
Re: Corpers Sleep Outside As Lagos NYSC Camp Becomes Overcrowded (Photos) by Mophasa(m): 11:22am On May 27, 2017
Langbasa:
Guy i'll arrest you for stealing this opinion of mine,you took the words right outta my mouth.
grin
Re: Corpers Sleep Outside As Lagos NYSC Camp Becomes Overcrowded (Photos) by wristbangle: 11:22am On May 27, 2017
Is there no way they can seek alternative for them by deploying them to neighbouring states like Ogun, Oyo, Osun, Ondo, etc and after the 3weeks orientation camp, they go back to Lagos for PPA?

This scheme is pure waste of time honestly. It only favours a hand full of people (sinators/polithievans children) who serve at juicy places
Re: Corpers Sleep Outside As Lagos NYSC Camp Becomes Overcrowded (Photos) by Misterdhee1(m): 11:22am On May 27, 2017
Afonjashapmouth:

sometimes you guys are just quote hungry..... whats the use of a scheme that is not benefiting to us as a country, risking lives and nothing profitable at the end? we are talking as a citizen about our right not about some dumb ass choice. read and understand before quoting
You are the one not making any sense here. Not benefitting? Wtf! Do you know how many graduates have benefitted from this same scheme for years now? What the Bleep do you mean by "your right as a citizen" here? The right to choose for others what is good and what's not for them? I repeat, no one is forced to partake in the scheme. You either ask for exemption or you do not attend.

1 Like

Re: Corpers Sleep Outside As Lagos NYSC Camp Becomes Overcrowded (Photos) by harizonal123(m): 11:24am On May 27, 2017
Just imagine how the toilet and bathroom will look like in this over crowded situation. Defecation along all the bush path around will not be ruled out. Staying in this camp for the next three weeks will be like hell.
Re: Corpers Sleep Outside As Lagos NYSC Camp Becomes Overcrowded (Photos) by GurlFriend: 11:24am On May 27, 2017
Lies. The Corp members in the photos are already registered hence the white on white they are wearing.
Re: Corpers Sleep Outside As Lagos NYSC Camp Becomes Overcrowded (Photos) by FieryJustice(m): 11:24am On May 27, 2017
***in Osubande's voice ***
Nigeria depends on you grin
Re: Corpers Sleep Outside As Lagos NYSC Camp Becomes Overcrowded (Photos) by edirawa: 11:27am On May 27, 2017
NYSC is the best thing that happened to Nigeria since 1973. Majority of people who criticise the NYSC do not have opportunity to serve or serve BUT failed to internalise the ideals of the scheme. NYSC, like any other establishment has it challenges, and no amount of social media campaign will destroy it. As youths we must respect our national institutions, work towards strengthening it. We must learn to verify the authenticity of stories before we offer destructive comments. NYSC camp is not NYSC campus or NYSC luxury hotel.

5 Likes

Re: Corpers Sleep Outside As Lagos NYSC Camp Becomes Overcrowded (Photos) by Originalsly: 11:28am On May 27, 2017
Mophasa:
Am yet to understand what this scheme contributes to Nigerian youths, because the country is still very much divided than ever before after almost 30 years of the scheme

The NYSC has outlived it's relevance, it's currently one of the many draining pipes used to siphon public funds for some corrupt individuals

It doesn't add any value to our lives, wastes our time and subject youths to different levels of risks and dangers

It's not surprising that it's only a stupid country like Nigeria with visionless leadership that operates the mandatory NYSC scheme, no wonder we can never develop and will always remain a third world country with the way the country is being run

I felt like the biggest boy during my time as a corper but later realised that I just wasted 365 days of my life for nothing angry

#ScrapNysc
Really?...after 365 days you have benefitted absolutely nothing from NYSC? .... made no contacts? ....weren't exposed and learned nothing about other cultures?... didn't go to another part of the country that you would never visit if it weren't for NYSC? I guess you were posted to a camp near your village and you stuck with the few of your fellow villagers that were encamped with you.
NYSC is a very good scheme to help develop the country..... the problem is that it is failing due to mismanagement and negligence. If you have a new car and do not maintain it... when it cannot perform as it should would you then conclude the car is no good and the brand should be scrapped?

5 Likes

Re: Corpers Sleep Outside As Lagos NYSC Camp Becomes Overcrowded (Photos) by delivryboy: 11:30am On May 27, 2017
Nigerian youths always display their sense of entitlement everywhere, no one said it would be easy for every youth. For me this is not pain, it should rather build them mentally to endure the tough times life throws at them. Here is a photo of disabled US war veterans who are displaying a sense of nationalism despite their pains.

1 Like

Re: Corpers Sleep Outside As Lagos NYSC Camp Becomes Overcrowded (Photos) by freeman67: 11:31am On May 27, 2017
If you allow nature to take its course and do what is expected of you as a corp member when you are serving there is no way you will finish NYSC without contributing anything or enjoying it.

Yes it is not a perfect scheme. Lot of things would have changed from the way it was at inception but it is still very useful in fostering National Unity.

The problem with it is that Corp Members most often lobby their way to cities forgetting that majority of them would want same in the end, the city is jamb packed. The government is more focused on developing the cities and most time the villages and suburbs are left to suffer so Corp members should endeavor to go there and contribute to the economy they serve through meaningful Community Development Service projects.

Also lots of corp members do not want to leave their state of origin for fear of unknown. For God sake you finished your primary, secondary and tertiary education in a particular state or geopolitical zone you would still lobby to serve in that same area. Why can't you give yourself an opportunity to know other parts of the country better. Education involves travelling too. let you case not be like the case of my friend Emeka that thinks everybody that doesn't speak Igbo is Hausa.

Most times some of the corp member come with an already designed mind of what they want/expect from the scheme any other thing apart from that to them is nothing. It should not be so. You should be able to adapt to situations as they present themselves.

NYSC is a service Scheme and not a getting scheme. It is designed for National Integration, Fostering of National Unity and Service to Father land. Though it is expected that as you are serving you will get to blend with your with the people in the area you serve, know their culture, affect the community positively and in the process you enjoy yourself and gain some experience for your future endeavor. It not a promise of 1 year holiday/money making scheme.

3 Likes

Re: Corpers Sleep Outside As Lagos NYSC Camp Becomes Overcrowded (Photos) by presentley: 11:33am On May 27, 2017
Chai!! Why didn't this guy go anonymous about his complaint? Na extension he dey use play so o!!
Re: Corpers Sleep Outside As Lagos NYSC Camp Becomes Overcrowded (Photos) by 1stGenius(m): 11:35am On May 27, 2017
Mophasa:
Am yet to understand what this scheme contributes to Nigerian youths, because the country is still very much divided than ever before after almost 30 years of the scheme

The NYSC has outlived it's relevance, it's currently one of the many draining pipes used to siphon public funds for some corrupt individuals

It doesn't add any value to our lives, wastes our time and subject youths to different levels of risks and dangers

It's not surprising that it's only a stupid country like Nigeria with visionless leadership that operates the mandatory NYSC scheme, no wonder we can never develop and will always remain a third world country with the way the country is being run

I felt like the biggest boy during my time as a corper but later realised that I just wasted 365 days of my life for nothing angry

#ScrapNysc
Nicely said.Please is there any way I can exempt myself from participating in this bul$#!t called NYSC?
Your reply will be appreciated.
Re: Corpers Sleep Outside As Lagos NYSC Camp Becomes Overcrowded (Photos) by Nobody: 11:35am On May 27, 2017
I must serve in Lagos

grin

after spending two months and facing the harsh reality of surviving in Lagos without a family them go begin curse Ambode like say him fill their form

meanwhile some state in the north has barely 2300 CMs
Re: Corpers Sleep Outside As Lagos NYSC Camp Becomes Overcrowded (Photos) by Mophasa(m): 11:36am On May 27, 2017
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Originalsly:
Really?...after 365 days you have benefitted absolutely nothing from NYSC? .... made no contacts? ....weren't exposed and learned nothing about other cultures?... didn't go to another part of the country that you would never visit if it weren't for NYSC? I guess you were posted to a camp near your village and you stuck with the few of your fellow villagers that were encamped with you.
NYSC is a ver[size=8pt][/size]y good scheme to help develop the country..... the problem is that it is failing due to mismanagement and negligence. If you have a new car and do not maintain it... when it cannot perform as it should would you then conclude the car is no good and the brand should be scrapped?

A good scheme to develop the country, yet the country is still under developed

Go and check the educational system of China, they have the fastest growing economy in the world

They don't waste their time for a useless scheme just to see another part of the country

No developed western country wastes the time of their youths by sending them on goose chasing for almost a year
Please use your brain

1 Like

Re: Corpers Sleep Outside As Lagos NYSC Camp Becomes Overcrowded (Photos) by Afonjashapmouth: 11:36am On May 27, 2017
Misterdhee1:

You are the one not making any sense here. Not benefitting? Wtf! Do you know how many graduates have benefitted from this same scheme for years now? What the Bleep do you mean by "your right as a citizen" here? The right to choose for others what is good and what's not for them? I repeat, no one is forced to partake in the scheme. You either ask for exemption or you do not attend.

Ogbeni state the benefits Corpers dying of road accidents, half of my friends set lynched in bauchi, stipend they could barely survive on Back to the street after one yr of slavery Mumu tell us the benefits

1 Like

Re: Corpers Sleep Outside As Lagos NYSC Camp Becomes Overcrowded (Photos) by RaptorX: 11:50am On May 27, 2017
Pamelayoung:
Your suffering will not last long. Soon you'll be posted to a good organisations and your stories will change for good. Besides that is the disadvantage of going to camp late, am pretty sure these ones are late comers reason they couldn't get bed space. #Ajuwirecopper
Lol in a country with a youth unemployment rate of over 50%, I like your sense of optimism.
Re: Corpers Sleep Outside As Lagos NYSC Camp Becomes Overcrowded (Photos) by ogbonti: 11:52am On May 27, 2017
Afonjashapmouth:
Until the government scrap off this one yr malady and replace it with one yr of internship in hand works, i dont see where we r headed. remember 2007 when people were shouting about this poo, i just carried my bag and flew out. Today none of my close friends has touched their certificate for jobs.

And someday u will want to return to be a governor or minister.. we are watching you in HD. Please don't cry when your party nomination is overturned or your election victory annulled because you have no proof of serving
Re: Corpers Sleep Outside As Lagos NYSC Camp Becomes Overcrowded (Photos) by 4everGrand(m): 11:53am On May 27, 2017
Whether we agree or not, NYSC is a major reason Nigeria is still one.

As with all other human endeavor it should be revised not scrapped. The bit about posting people across the land should still be retained, as that aspect is what is still holding Nigeria together.

Those who dont want Nigeria to be together are actually demons whether or not they know it.

God bless Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Corpers Sleep Outside As Lagos NYSC Camp Becomes Overcrowded (Photos) by kobzul(m): 11:56am On May 27, 2017
Na dem want lagos by all means,so dey must dance 2 d tone of d outcome,either negetive or positive way.
Re: Corpers Sleep Outside As Lagos NYSC Camp Becomes Overcrowded (Photos) by ElsonMorali: 11:57am On May 27, 2017
Everybody wants to serve in Lagos. I'm sure most of the people posted to Lagos actually reworked their postings from other states.

Now you're complaining of overcrowding.

Nigerians and the "who you know" mentality.

I served in a bush village in Plateau state and enjoyed every single bit it.

2 Likes

Re: Corpers Sleep Outside As Lagos NYSC Camp Becomes Overcrowded (Photos) by Agbalanze(m): 11:59am On May 27, 2017
What do you expect when everyone wants to serve in lagos.... embarassed embarassed
Re: Corpers Sleep Outside As Lagos NYSC Camp Becomes Overcrowded (Photos) by Longcucumber(m): 11:59am On May 27, 2017
Mess up country yo.
Re: Corpers Sleep Outside As Lagos NYSC Camp Becomes Overcrowded (Photos) by joeshed(m): 12:06pm On May 27, 2017
Yea! You can earn bitcoin online and withdraw to your local bank account, now this is a PTC site that pays you to click on adverts from other site that promotes bitcoin, the required stuffs to participate is your internet connected device(smart phone or PC) and your bitcoin wallet. This is not a ponzi scheme or make rich quick. But its a sure way to earn online, it doesn't stop you from your normal work,at your free time you just login and click on adverts,and when you reach the payout you click 'withdraw' to get your pay right in your Btc wallet. 
Note: the site is mobile friendly

Check my signature to join, if you are interested.
Re: Corpers Sleep Outside As Lagos NYSC Camp Becomes Overcrowded (Photos) by majour(m): 12:09pm On May 27, 2017
Mophasa:
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

A good scheme to develop the country, yet the country is still under developed

Go and check the educational system of China, they have the fastest growing economy in the world

They don't waste their time for a useless scheme just to see another part of the country

No developed western country wastes the time of their youths by sending them on goose chasing for almost a year
Please use your brain
Go check on Israel educational system and their one year compulsory scheme

1 Like

Re: Corpers Sleep Outside As Lagos NYSC Camp Becomes Overcrowded (Photos) by carzola(m): 12:09pm On May 27, 2017
Olabisidebra:

Where was your mendula when you were actually typing this nonsense? That you were denied service(nysc) and issued an exemption letter bcoz you graduated at the age of 36 isn't enough reason for you to wag your mouth about others! Its a choice "Ode"
bitch am 26 and richer than your father I own one of the top music blogs in Nigeria.. Suck on that...
Re: Corpers Sleep Outside As Lagos NYSC Camp Becomes Overcrowded (Photos) by Nobody: 12:16pm On May 27, 2017
Mophasa:

#ScrapNysc
Nigerian youths themselves like it, it postpones their agony.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can Anyone In NYSC Camp Confirm The Payment Of N38,900 Alawee? / NYSC To Married Female Corpers: Maiden Name To Be Replaced With Husband Surname / See The Reason Most Nigeria Graduates Are Unemployable (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.