Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,821 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:13 AM

Corpers Sleep Outside As Lagos NYSC Camp Becomes Overcrowded (Photos) - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Corpers Sleep Outside As Lagos NYSC Camp Becomes Overcrowded (Photos) (44166 Views)

Female Corper Sexually Harasses Male Corper At Lagos NYSC Camp, Touches His Dick / Miss Lagos NYSC And Mr Macho (Photos) / Female Soldier Who Is Rocking Lagos NYSC Camp. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corpers Sleep Outside As Lagos NYSC Camp Becomes Overcrowded (Photos) by Titilayooni(f): 12:30pm On May 27, 2017
NYSC is RUBBISH,,I would rather have an exemption letter from service than expose myself to such treatment...Lagos chapter dint know that before,,they are just set of nonsense pple

1 Like

Re: Corpers Sleep Outside As Lagos NYSC Camp Becomes Overcrowded (Photos) by sorepco(m): 12:31pm On May 27, 2017
If u dont know what 2 say at bolded stay shut...i prefer this to mandatory military youth service in places like ethiopia, eritria or israel n many others!!

It's not surprising that it's only a stupid country like Nigeria with visionless leadership that operates the mandatory NYSC scheme, no wonder we can never develop and will always remain a third world country with the way the country is being run

I felt like the biggest boy during my time as a corper but later realised that I just wasted 365 days of my life for nothing angry

#ScrapNysc[/quote]
Re: Corpers Sleep Outside As Lagos NYSC Camp Becomes Overcrowded (Photos) by naturefellow(m): 12:36pm On May 27, 2017
kings09:
Evry1 wants to be posted to Lagos
the most relevant comment on this thread. Two chilled bottles of... (pls what do you care for sir?)
Re: Corpers Sleep Outside As Lagos NYSC Camp Becomes Overcrowded (Photos) by naturefellow(m): 12:38pm On May 27, 2017
worworgirl:
Exactly what I was discussing with a friend yesterday. I'm due for NYSC this year and I feel so terrible knowing I'm going for it.
eyah. Pele fah!
Re: Corpers Sleep Outside As Lagos NYSC Camp Becomes Overcrowded (Photos) by ziga: 12:44pm On May 27, 2017
Nigeria never plans for anything.

Didn't they know how many corpers they were expecting?

Don't they know how to count beds and rooms to know how many they can accommodate?

The giant of Africa is a big shame.

1 Like

Re: Corpers Sleep Outside As Lagos NYSC Camp Becomes Overcrowded (Photos) by Rick9(m): 12:57pm On May 27, 2017
Waste of time and money, I rather spend 3 years in the Music Studio than 1 year in NYSC Camp. Mtcheewwwww

1 Like

Re: Corpers Sleep Outside As Lagos NYSC Camp Becomes Overcrowded (Photos) by Misterdhee1(m): 1:00pm On May 27, 2017
Afonjashapmouth:

Ogbeni state the benefits Corpers dying of road accidents, half of my friends set lynched in bauchi, stipend they could barely survive on Back to the street after one yr of slavery Mumu tell us the benefits
Since u want me to go low for u, i will. You are obviously very foolish. Tell me, are students not dying in schools? Are workers not dying on their way to work? Are people not being attacked in their home? Well, you are obviously too myopic to know that death knows no one, corper or non-corper. That same stipend you tagged lil is what some innovative youths save up nd use to start up there lives after serving. Service or no service, where are the jobs? Okay, you prefer graduates lazying around, rather than being engaged meaningfully? And if you do not know the benefits or any of ur family members have not benefitted from it, i don't think i can help you cure your ignorance.
Re: Corpers Sleep Outside As Lagos NYSC Camp Becomes Overcrowded (Photos) by GuntersChain(m): 1:09pm On May 27, 2017
This scheme that has outlived its usefulness.

1 Like

Re: Corpers Sleep Outside As Lagos NYSC Camp Becomes Overcrowded (Photos) by Nobody: 1:11pm On May 27, 2017
sorepco:
If u dont know what 2 say at bolded stay shut...[/b]i prefer this to mandatory military youth service in places like ethiopia[b], eritria or israel n many others!!

It's not surprising that it's only a stupid country like Nigeria with visionless leadership that operates the mandatory NYSC scheme, no wonder we can never develop and will always remain a third world country with the way the country is being run

I felt like the biggest boy during my time as a corper but later realised that I just wasted 365 days of my life for nothing angry

#ScrapNysc
There is no mandatory military service in Ethiopia.

2 Likes

Re: Corpers Sleep Outside As Lagos NYSC Camp Becomes Overcrowded (Photos) by bionixs: 1:18pm On May 27, 2017
AHCB:
Stop being pained. The joy in being a corps member is the joy of getting to see the country.

I'm sure the only place you're seen is your father's parlour. tongue
oga,keep dreaming. when they post your sister go Borno,like a village not too far from sambisa, na em your eye go clear.Ajala, you wan travel see Nigeria Abi?

1 Like

Re: Corpers Sleep Outside As Lagos NYSC Camp Becomes Overcrowded (Photos) by bionixs: 1:22pm On May 27, 2017
morscino:

You sound pained for not "doing it"...just so you know, most of the ppl who did it are better than you,it all depends on the class of ppl you have decided to compare yourself with..
see them sounding so focused .most of the advocates of this scheme are young undergraduates looking for opportunities to be free from home and enjoy themselves . Nothing more or tell us if you ha 've any reason
Re: Corpers Sleep Outside As Lagos NYSC Camp Becomes Overcrowded (Photos) by Nobody: 1:33pm On May 27, 2017
what..........God must not allow Gem go unpunished...

prof. miganigal...
Re: Corpers Sleep Outside As Lagos NYSC Camp Becomes Overcrowded (Photos) by iukpe: 1:45pm On May 27, 2017
Mophasa:
Am yet to understand what this scheme contributes to Nigerian youths, because the country is still very much divided than ever before after almost 30 years of the scheme

The NYSC has outlived it's relevance, it's currently one of the many draining pipes used to siphon public funds for some corrupt individuals

It doesn't add any value to our lives, wastes our time and subject youths to different levels of risks and dangers

#ScrapNysc

Ok let me explain, the scheme only makes them realize the truth more than ever.

First of all the scheme exposes corpers to the truth about how disorganized things are in the country so they will not imagine that the school authorities were only acting dumb with facilities on campus.

Secondly it should stir up their reasoning on what the solution can be to put things right and their own contributions if any.

I was particularly disappointed when I arrived camp many years ago to find out that there were a lot of infrastructural lapses and maintenance issues which appeared to me like it could be handled as projects on camp involving corps members to improve on the welfare state of the camp.
With a little funds, a good idea and mobilization corpers could work with experienced contractors on projects designed to improve the first facility that graduates are welcomed into. To me NYSC camps would be a place where model ideas are tapped and corpers can show some of what they are good at.

2 Likes

Re: Corpers Sleep Outside As Lagos NYSC Camp Becomes Overcrowded (Photos) by heenriiy19(m): 1:51pm On May 27, 2017
For stream 2 join dis forum for more info https:///0bEFncm4z9pEsNvSwjZcrA
Re: Corpers Sleep Outside As Lagos NYSC Camp Becomes Overcrowded (Photos) by Afonjashapmouth: 2:24pm On May 27, 2017
Misterdhee1:

Since u want me to go low for u, i will. You are obviously very foolish. Tell me, are students not dying in schools? Are workers not dying on their way to work? Are people not being attacked in their home? Well, you are obviously too myopic to know that death knows no one, corper or non-corper. That same stipend you tagged lil is what some innovative youths save up nd use to start up there lives after serving. Service or no service, where are the jobs? Okay, you prefer graduates lazying around, rather than being engaged meaningfully? And if you do not know the benefits or any of ur family members have not benefitted from it, i don't think i can help you cure your ignorance.

Ogun kill u for.all the unwarranted insults, wonder what upbringing you slowpokes underwent. God punish u if u ever quote me anymore
Re: Corpers Sleep Outside As Lagos NYSC Camp Becomes Overcrowded (Photos) by Afonjashapmouth: 2:27pm On May 27, 2017
ogbonti:

And someday u will want to return to be a governor or minister.. we are watching you in HD. Please don't cry when your party nomination is overturned or your election victory annulled because you have no proof of serving

Mumu no b here u dey wey all ur leaders don forge result dey rule Una, mmmshew who Nysc don help Una go just wan tackle peoples opinion

1 Like

Re: Corpers Sleep Outside As Lagos NYSC Camp Becomes Overcrowded (Photos) by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 2:44pm On May 27, 2017
How can anyone in their right sense support NYSC scheme

Sometimes I feel like crying when I read comments from ignorant youths.

Is NYSC the only way to "see" the country

So without NYSC, you think you will never travel

In America that we all love, they have internships for students during their schooling tenure.

Senior students most times already have a real life view of their disciplines through these internships and are ready to hit the work force running, upon graduation.

What is wrong with some Nigerian youths How did u guys become so ignorant, so daft, so useless

You support using one year of your life to go teach in some village Wtf is wrong with u
Re: Corpers Sleep Outside As Lagos NYSC Camp Becomes Overcrowded (Photos) by Stanleyville(m): 2:52pm On May 27, 2017
Na by force to serve

Re: Corpers Sleep Outside As Lagos NYSC Camp Becomes Overcrowded (Photos) by Misterdhee1(m): 3:42pm On May 27, 2017
Afonjashapmouth:

Ogun kill u for.all the unwarranted insults, wonder what upbringing you slowpokes underwent. God punish u if u ever quote me anymore
Lol. Same to you and your loved ones bro
Re: Corpers Sleep Outside As Lagos NYSC Camp Becomes Overcrowded (Photos) by Nobody: 3:43pm On May 27, 2017
freeman67:
If you allow nature to take its course and do what is expected of you as a corp member when you are serving there is no way you will finish NYSC without contributing anything or enjoying it.

Yes it is not a perfect scheme. Lot of things would have changed from the way it was at inception but it is still very useful in fostering National Unity.

The problem with it is that Corp Members most often lobby their way to cities forgetting that majority of them would want same in the end, the city is jamb packed. The government is more focused on developing the cities and most time the villages and suburbs are left to suffer so Corp members should endeavor to go there and contribute to the economy they serve through meaningful Community Development Service projects.

Also lots of corp members do not want to leave their state of origin for fear of unknown. For God sake you finished your primary, secondary and tertiary education in a particular state or geopolitical zone you would still lobby to serve in that same area. Why can't you give yourself an opportunity to know other parts of the country better. Education involves travelling too. let you case not be like the case of my friend Emeka that thinks everybody that doesn't speak Igbo is Hausa.

Most times some of the corp member come with an already designed mind of what they want/expect from the scheme any other thing apart from that to them is nothing. It should not be so. You should be able to adapt to situations as they present themselves.

NYSC is a service Scheme and not a getting scheme. It is designed for National Integration, Fostering of National Unity and Service to Father land. Though it is expected that as you are serving you will get to blend with your with the people in the area you serve, know their culture, affect the community positively and in the process you enjoy yourself and gain some experience for your future endeavor. It not a promise of 1 year holiday/money making scheme.

Serving in ones area is the best, esp in this era where the Govt can't provide security, the nysc scheme is a period of development, so it won't even make sense to go and waste 1 year in one village.

1 Like

Re: Corpers Sleep Outside As Lagos NYSC Camp Becomes Overcrowded (Photos) by Nobody: 3:45pm On May 27, 2017
Soso990240:
Everybody wants to serve in Lagos.. Apart from school,I have been in lagos all my life..what's so special about lagos? Can't people go and fight for their future elsewhere?
lagos is the centre of excellence so?

1 Like

Re: Corpers Sleep Outside As Lagos NYSC Camp Becomes Overcrowded (Photos) by lastmaster(m): 3:59pm On May 27, 2017
Olabisidebra:

Where was your mendula when you were actually typing this nonsense? That you were denied service(nysc) and issued an exemption letter bcoz you graduated at the age of 36 isn't enough reason for you to wag your mouth about others! Its a choice "Ode"
Are you even sure that lunatic graduated? That guy Is so pathetic.His level of idiocy is alarming.
Re: Corpers Sleep Outside As Lagos NYSC Camp Becomes Overcrowded (Photos) by Soso990240(m): 4:11pm On May 27, 2017
bjhaid:
lagos is the centre of excellence so?
gbenu e soun jare. Is it everybody that will make it there? Wat about other promising states?
Re: Corpers Sleep Outside As Lagos NYSC Camp Becomes Overcrowded (Photos) by Nobody: 4:17pm On May 27, 2017
Soso990240:
gbenu e soun jare. Is it everybody that will make it there? Wat about other promising states?
Their are other promising state, but you can't compare the fun in lagos to other states esp if you're a social person.
Re: Corpers Sleep Outside As Lagos NYSC Camp Becomes Overcrowded (Photos) by Tisham20(m): 5:06pm On May 27, 2017
I wan serve for Lagos
Re: Corpers Sleep Outside As Lagos NYSC Camp Becomes Overcrowded (Photos) by Originalsly: 5:22pm On May 27, 2017
Mophasa:
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

A good scheme to develop the country, yet the country is still under developed

Go and check the educational system of China, they have the fastest growing economy in the world

They don't waste their time for a useless scheme just to see another part of the country

No developed western country wastes the time of their youths by sending them on goose chasing for almost a year
Please use your brain
Was the purpose or one of the goals of NYSC to send graduates on a wild goose chase? The guy who gave us atomic energy.... was his goal to use it for the purpose of mass destruction? Find out the objectives of NYSC then come back to engage me on its uselessness and how it was intended to keep Nigeria underdeveloped.
Re: Corpers Sleep Outside As Lagos NYSC Camp Becomes Overcrowded (Photos) by Nobody: 7:25pm On May 27, 2017
grin

kwakwakwa, dats why i said to my friend, lets choose states like jigawa, Akwai ibom & port Harcourt.

Reasons

1. clean toilets & bathroom even paid bathroom dey
2. spacious rooms
3. 24 hours water supply

After the three weeks we redeploy to the states we want
Re: Corpers Sleep Outside As Lagos NYSC Camp Becomes Overcrowded (Photos) by Omolewa212(f): 7:37pm On May 27, 2017
What is so special about it? (NYSC) one can apply for exemption letter if you dont feel like.quote author=Davash222 post=56921814]
Read your post again and pls try and 'do it', for your own good. [/quote]
Re: Corpers Sleep Outside As Lagos NYSC Camp Becomes Overcrowded (Photos) by Femich18(m): 7:51pm On May 27, 2017
remainhidden:
What is funny is. Remembering my friend who was so fired up after graduation.. He never knew a long journey await him. just like the pictures above.
lol.... He thought NYSC is a flexing thing.... it's just over rated I must say
Re: Corpers Sleep Outside As Lagos NYSC Camp Becomes Overcrowded (Photos) by daudayodeji1(m): 10:50pm On May 27, 2017
When they tell corpers to go home they will not agree.... Presently at the camp its not as we see it online

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can Anyone In NYSC Camp Confirm The Payment Of N38,900 Alawee? / NYSC To Married Female Corpers: Maiden Name To Be Replaced With Husband Surname / See The Reason Most Nigeria Graduates Are Unemployable (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.