Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,945 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues (48201 Views)

How My Ex Left Me After She Discovered My Salary Was 45k, I Now Earn This / She Left Me For A Medical Doctor And Now Wants A Second Chance / "Genotype Issues Have Cost Me Another Relationship" - Nigerian Lady Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Nobody: 8:15pm On May 27, 2017
since I don enter second page, I will not say what I wanted to say. bye! bye!!

8 Likes

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by hucienda: 8:15pm On May 27, 2017
Cheer up miss.

Its tough but take your time whilst having another go. Most times whilst exploring one digs up dirt all through before eventually striking gold. There are 3.5 billion other men on earth. You'll find the gentleman meant for you.

I wish you well.
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Nuezha(m): 8:16pm On May 27, 2017
meiyol:
I just lost my relationship due to genotype issues..he is AS and I'm AS. We knew abt our genotype incompatibility frm the very first day..we were cool with it or so i thought. We were together for a year nd some months before we switched to long distance relationship cos of his job. I'm a med student, he is a doctor, so we both knew wat it meant. I was cool with it cos the signs were there that God put us together..everybody knows it, his parents, my parents..we ourselves knew it that our paths were ordained by God.. Then suddenly, from nowhere, he comes up with dangers of having sickler kids, the diseases they face, their pain and all..he suddenly stopped talking abt d fact that we may be lucky not to have any of our kids as sicklers, or medical methods we could use like IVF and all..our parents are both aware of the genotype ish, mine are very okay with it. He said he's not sure his parents are okay with it and yet they call me EVERYDAY to assure me nothing will go wrong and to cheer me up and all.. i questioned him cos it made me feel he was looking for an opportunity to leave..and he didnt give me any reply, just stopped talking to me.
Our introduction was slated for next year, he is my first love, I've been so loyal nd i pray for him.. I feel so used and heartbroken..my instincts tell me something is wrong..I'm back to square 1, where would i start from? He was my best friend, my everything..now, it's just me

Thank your star. I know a family, all the 4 children are SS. One died, others are 'olókùnrùn' Forget that 'yeye' line we used to draw in Biology class.

5 Likes

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Nobody: 8:16pm On May 27, 2017
Your fiance loves you........She just saved you from many years of pains and agony. Not all genuine love will lead to marriage!

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by JOACHINpedro: 8:17pm On May 27, 2017
I Totally support his move,prevention is way more better than cure. Consider progeny first. Dnt 4get,they never sought to be born if u marry him...And LOVE is nt an excuse when the consequencies surfaces. dnt worry b4 u finish ur house'womanship',u wil b the one telling this to your patients.then u wil remember today and laugh out loud.
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by GeoOla25(m): 8:18pm On May 27, 2017
here to read comments.. I broke up.with my SS girlfriend 1 Jan 2016.

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Jadoskii(m): 8:18pm On May 27, 2017
NwaObinkita:
Can I take his place

I am AA
see oloshi

2 Likes

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by YelloweWest: 8:18pm On May 27, 2017
OMG so sorry op. May God heal ur broken heart. You'll find love again

2 Likes

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by ipobarecriminals: 8:19pm On May 27, 2017
Don't accept pity cos U aren't in PIT/somebody to be PITY. It is better u let him go or God will leave u.What if u married and he leave u with a sick kid (God forbid).Count urself luck cos A BETTER BY FAR IS ON THE WAY.U have a good prospect, abeg,cheer up

2 Likes

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by MMMscam: 8:19pm On May 27, 2017
Very touching OP, may God help you. My AA son told me his girlfriend is AS. I told him to find another girlfriend. Foolish boy, don't come and sabotage our illustrious superlative family genes. There is plenty AA fish in the sea. I can be very blunt.

3 Likes

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by osazee12(m): 8:20pm On May 27, 2017
shame on both of you. girl, pick up yourself and move on, because he has moved on
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by LexngtonSteele: 8:20pm On May 27, 2017
Thank your lucky stars he left you...

I know plenty folks who did it and regretted the decision ALL-LIFE long. Ask Buhari's daughter.

Thank God i am an AA...never had this issue with the ladies. grin

BTW... Don't give the guy free sex again.

Some guys would string you along knowing fully well the possibility of marriage is NIL. That was his trump card from Day 1.

Break off & find another guy. He never wanted you

2 Likes

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by adewotired: 8:20pm On May 27, 2017
Destined2win:
For the sake of your unborn kids, dust yourself, put a smile on your face and move on.

Word
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by 3rdeye1(m): 8:20pm On May 27, 2017
My sister and her hubby took the risk against all advises.. they have 3 kids today .. 2 of them AA and the last born AS.. to the glory of God.

14 Likes

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Omadachi(m): 8:20pm On May 27, 2017
Please just let it go and start afresh.I know it hurt and his painful.You can still find true love.My elder brother once parted with a lady he wanted to marry becos of this same issue.To the lady the world has come to an end.Am happy to tell you that she is happily married to some else today.With time you will get over it and move on with your life.

Cheer up!
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by KKKWHITE(m): 8:21pm On May 27, 2017
NwaObinkita:
Can I take his place
I am AA
grin You self
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by majamajic(m): 8:21pm On May 27, 2017
The guy took the best decision

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Divay22(f): 8:22pm On May 27, 2017
Sorry about that.

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Mckayzee(m): 8:23pm On May 27, 2017
boldx:
A broken relationship is better than a broken and a failed marriage. If you have a relationship with God, he will always make a way for you.

Proverbs 14:12;
There is a way that seems right but the end is the way of death.

Do not lose your faith now. God has a better plan 4 u.

Really wish there was a dislike button for comments like this.

did you hear why she said he left at all?... there's nothing spiritual here, the simple truth is it would have been disastrous.

They were only loving with their heart alone and not their head, hence why they stayed together this long.

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by KKKWHITE(m): 8:23pm On May 27, 2017
He already has someone who is AA.
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by enshi(m): 8:23pm On May 27, 2017
meiyol:
I just lost my relationship due to genotype issues..he is AS and I'm AS. We knew abt our genotype incompatibility frm the very first day..we were cool with it or so i thought. We were together for a year nd some months before we switched to long distance relationship cos of his job. I'm a med student, he is a doctor, so we both knew wat it meant. I was cool with it cos the signs were there that God put us together..everybody knows it, his parents, my parents..we ourselves knew it that our paths were ordained by God.. Then suddenly, from nowhere, he comes up with dangers of having sickler kids, the diseases they face, their pain and all..he suddenly stopped talking abt d fact that we may be lucky not to have any of our kids as sicklers, or medical methods we could use like IVF and all..our parents are both aware of the genotype ish, mine are very okay with it. He said he's not sure his parents are okay with it and yet they call me EVERYDAY to assure me nothing will go wrong and to cheer me up and all.. i questioned him cos it made me feel he was looking for an opportunity to leave..and he didnt give me any reply, just stopped talking to me.
Our introduction was slated for next year, he is my first love, I've been so loyal nd i pray for him.. I feel so used and heartbroken..my instincts tell me something is wrong..I'm back to square 1, where would i start from? He was my best friend, my everything..now, it's just me

I am AA and A+ i dont mind being friends...

5 Likes

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by udison(m): 8:24pm On May 27, 2017
U should be grateful...wat were u planning...to bring a child dat would suffer into dix world?
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Nobody: 8:24pm On May 27, 2017
Brace up and stop acting like the ninny that you are. You want to bring an innocent child to this world to suffer? Fck IVF, what if it's not successful?

meiyol:
I just lost my relationship due to genotype issues..he is AS and I'm AS. We knew abt our genotype incompatibility frm the very first day..we were cool with it or so i thought. We were together for a year nd some months before we switched to long distance relationship cos of his job. I'm a med student, he is a doctor, so we both knew wat it meant.

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by daben1(m): 8:24pm On May 27, 2017
Thank him forever!

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by thestevens: 8:24pm On May 27, 2017
Look I know how you feel, the same thing happen to my immediate elder brother,he had no choice but to let go,if you don't want your children to suffer then is for the best,don't think about yourself alone,think of the unborn kids.cheer up,there is always someone for everyone.I wish you well.
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Abali1(m): 8:24pm On May 27, 2017
Thank God, you dodged a bullet.

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by tosyne2much(m): 8:24pm On May 27, 2017
And you claim you're a medical student? I just wonder the kind of medical students we are churning out in Nigerian institutions.. Oma se ooo!

He even tried.. If I were the one, I would have refrained myself from such a relationship considering the health implications of my kids.

Did you just say you're destined by God?

Even if the power of God cannot be overemphasized, you still have to use your head

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by VickyRotex(f): 8:25pm On May 27, 2017
dominique:
It was for the best. If you're in Lagos, go to a General hospital close to you. Ask for the days when they hold clinic for SS patients and go and see for yourself what these warriors and their parents are going through. Trust me, it is not something you will wish for your worst enemy.

I doubt if you can use IVF to determine the genotype of your baby. At best, they will check the genotype of the embryo before implanting it into you. If by chance they are all sicklers, they will be discarded. How many of your unborn children to you want to waste before getting your desired result? Believe me, I don't think its worth all the stress and expenses. My only grouse with you and your ex was allowing the relationship to go further. You should have both called it off before investing so much energy and emotions into it.

cool cool cool
@your last point:
That's what makes me feel, the reason her fiance called it off may not be because of the genotype ish. He probably just decided to use that as an excuse. (I may be wrong though)

However, just like you said, it's for good. Op, I hope you see the good side of it.

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by amjustme2: 8:25pm On May 27, 2017
This is the best thing that can happen to you.
Better a heart break which will mend, than deformed children or worse born-and-die.

You can love again. Trust me. Seek support of friends and family members. If it's severe seek medical advice.

1 Like

Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by murphybo(m): 8:25pm On May 27, 2017
meiyol:

havent read the write up oh but thank your star you guys did the right thing otherwise wetin you call love go soon turn to hatred you both can not cope with in the future
Re: My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues by Nobody: 8:26pm On May 27, 2017
Beautiful. I love. Op, listen to this and better move on.

enshi:

I am AA and A+ i dont mind being friends...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I'm Considering Marrying More Than One Wife , Please I Need Your Advise / I Think My Guy Is Trying Something With My Crush Behind My Back.. / When A Girl Says "I Don't Want Your Girlfriend To Come And Beat Me"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.