Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,794 members, 7,806,197 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:50 PM

Help : What Is The Function Of This vacuum line Connected To The Icv Valve - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help : What Is The Function Of This vacuum line Connected To The Icv Valve (891 Views)

What Is The Function Of This Sign In A Vechicle. / What's The Function Of This Button / Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help : What Is The Function Of This vacuum line Connected To The Icv Valve by femmykenny: 11:05am On May 27, 2017
for better understanding, I include the image below

After a repair my Toyota camry 1996 was consuming fuel and little black smoke was coming out of the exhaust pipe.
so, I gave it to a rewire and he fixed it within 30 minutes and the smoke stopped and fuel consumption is back to normal now.
however I noticed one of the 3 wires connected to the icv valve has been removed by the rewire I Gave it to.
please is it normal because I am not so sure and if not, what is the consequence of the work done by the rewire.

oga Gazzuz
Mr mayor
kingreign and others, kindly help ....

Re: Help : What Is The Function Of This vacuum line Connected To The Icv Valve by abolore80(m): 2:37pm On May 27, 2017
you should have ran a scan first to know what exactly went wrong. Wires should be as they were originally. However, you can ask your rewire about it first and lets hear his explanations. We will go for solution from there. Cheers!
Re: Help : What Is The Function Of This vacuum line Connected To The Icv Valve by honmusa(m): 2:58pm On May 27, 2017
The function of the air intake valve is for your engine computer to be aware of any accessories or extra load like power steering ,bulbs ,ac,etc so that when they are turn on ,the ecu can boast and adjust the engine performance correspondingly to prevent those load from stalling or causing unnecessarily vibration for your engine .
Your kazeem just created another problem for your car in a bid to solve another issue which is why i wont allow them to touch even my 1 year old daughter toy car grin grin.What is the even his yard stick that was used to measure that the initial issue you brought to him as been resolved completely .Try to patronize professional mechanic to have peace of mind !!!!!

1 Like

Re: Help : What Is The Function Of This vacuum line Connected To The Icv Valve by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:45pm On May 27, 2017
It is just a vacuum line. If it does not go any where, block it off.

It is not a wire.
Re: Help : What Is The Function Of This vacuum line Connected To The Icv Valve by femmykenny: 4:59pm On May 27, 2017
thank you all for your contributions....
Re: Help : What Is The Function Of This vacuum line Connected To The Icv Valve by femmykenny: 5:03pm On May 27, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

It is not a wire.

fixed and it will blocked as instructed
Re: Help : What Is The Function Of This vacuum line Connected To The Icv Valve by cyborg123(m): 9:07pm On Jun 03, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

It is not a wire.
Unless if something else is causing the engine to run rich and this is the mechanic's (lazy) way of masking the problem. By unplugging that vacuum hose, he has forced the engine to run leaner.

I think OP should leave the engine as is, observe his fuel economy and update the thread.
Re: Help : What Is The Function Of This vacuum line Connected To The Icv Valve by Denn(m): 7:11am On Jun 04, 2017
femmykenny:
for better understanding, I include the image below

After a repair my Toyota camry 1996 was consuming fuel and little black smoke was coming out of the exhaust pipe.
so, I gave it to a rewire and he fixed it within 30 minutes and the smoke stopped and fuel consumption is back to normal now.
however I noticed one of the 3 wires connected to the icv valve has been removed by the rewire I Gave it to.
please is it normal because I am not so sure and if not, what is the consequence of the work done by the rewire.

oga Gazzuz
Mr mayor
kingreign and others, kindly help ....

Your definition of fix is no evidence of black smoke anymore.

Your car was running rich. Many things can cause a 'system too rich' situation.

Your rewire simply added more air via the leak created.

There would immediately have been higher rpm which was also corrected with the throttle adjustment screw.

Now double issues created.

Let's talk about the other issues created. Your vacuum pressure would have been affected. Systems that need a certain level of vacuum ( for example, the fuel pressure regulator) might also feel the brunt.

Try and get a scan first then let's try to resolve your issues step by step.

*This is one of the reasons I recommend proper diagnosis of cheap Nigerian used cars
Re: Help : What Is The Function Of This vacuum line Connected To The Icv Valve by chukel(m): 4:05pm On Jun 04, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

It is not a wire.
Thank you boss. Not all these amateur touting professional professional, with no contribution looking for who to fleece.

(1) (Reply)

White Honda Crosstour 2012 For Sale. / 100,000th BMW I3 Produced From Leipzig Plant / Top 5 New Technologies In Cars Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.