Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,871 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:22 AM

Land Rover Range Rover versus LRs.....please advise - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Land Rover Range Rover versus LRs.....please advise (4406 Views)

2020 Land Rover Defender Returns With A Complete Makeover (photos) / This Land Rover Defender SVX Will Take You Through Flood And Mountains (photos) / Land Rover Is Rebuilding 1970s Range Rovers For The Wealthy (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Land Rover Range Rover versus LRs.....please advise by hardbody: 3:45pm On May 27, 2017
I desire to acquire either a land rover range rover or an LR4 not later than October. I seek direction from automobile gurus in the house what they think should guide my decision.

Personally I have noticed that LRs are cheaper and on the face of it looks like something mostly used by non corporate minded dudes. I always like to drive a vehicle that is not seen as yahoo yahoo kind of vehicle.

So beyond price, what are the other possible considerations.

My budget will range between 7 and 8m
Re: Land Rover Range Rover versus LRs.....please advise by HALIX16: 4:39pm On May 27, 2017
First, the Land Rover brand is an off-road oriented luxury brand while the Range Rover model is the most luxurious model of the entire Land Rover brand. ...the LR brand or Discovery brand is stronger...being an off-road then oriented for luxury. The interior of the brands of same year look almost the same though.

Secondly, going by your budget, you will only be able to get a locally used LR4, Discovery4 or an equivalent Range... Is that what you want?

Lastly, I think the LRs and Discovery brands are suited more for corporate than the Range...except of course the recent models. My analysis was based on your budget... An LR4 at most.

2 Likes

Re: Land Rover Range Rover versus LRs.....please advise by Nobody: 5:03pm On May 27, 2017
Kingreign is this the LR you said is a fuel guzzler (i.e) a problem child?

Don't worry OP, the petrolheads are coming to your rescue.

One thing I noticed is, that car isn't one used by corporate executives/minds in Nigeria _you've observed that already.

1 Like

Re: Land Rover Range Rover versus LRs.....please advise by kingreign(m): 5:18pm On May 27, 2017
PaperLace:

One thing I noticed is, that car isn't one used by corporate (executives)minds in Nigeria _you've observed that already.
The immediate past predecessor, LR3
The LR 4 looks like the LR3 save for some tweaks here and there. Those huge price range isn't IMO justifiable. Rather than an LR, I'd go Land cruiser or GL450 merc.

Re: Land Rover Range Rover versus LRs.....please advise by Nobody: 5:33pm On May 27, 2017
kingreign:

The LR 4 looks like the LR3 save for some tweaks here and there. Those huge price range isn't IMO justifiable. Rather than an LR, I'd go Land cruiser or GL450 merc.
Oh, they look so much alike then. I can't even see any difference.

You sabi the work @ highlighted, I guess that's part of your advice to OP cheesy. Beyond the (huge unjustifiable) price, does it exhibit those 'symptoms' you identified in the LR3?
Re: Land Rover Range Rover versus LRs.....please advise by kingreign(m): 5:48pm On May 27, 2017
PaperLace:

You sabi the work @ highlighted, I guess that's part of your advice to OP cheesy. Beyond the (huge unjustifiable) price, does it exhibit those 'symptoms' you identified in the LR3?
Before? A goat Is a goat, whether in a bush or a palace grin

1 Like

Re: Land Rover Range Rover versus LRs.....please advise by Nobody: 6:28pm On May 27, 2017
They are here again! LR4 or RRS? Simple debate! He is aware of the GL and the Landcruiser, don't bore us with the usual stories!!! No b say u b ambassador or model for those brands

2 Likes

Re: Land Rover Range Rover versus LRs.....please advise by kingreign(m): 9:07pm On May 27, 2017
luxy44:
They are here again! LR4 or RRS? Simple debate! He is aware of the GL and the Landcruiser, don't bore us with the usual stories!!! No b say u b ambassador or model for those brands
undecided
Re: Land Rover Range Rover versus LRs.....please advise by kingreign(m): 9:09pm On May 27, 2017
PaperLace:

He should also take into cognisance, the 100k periodic maintenance bill (as asserted by oga Land Rover/ Range Rover/Free lander himself.

1 Like

Re: Land Rover Range Rover versus LRs.....please advise by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:20pm On May 27, 2017

3 Likes

Re: Land Rover Range Rover versus LRs.....please advise by oweniwe(m): 9:41pm On May 27, 2017
^^^^ grin grin grin

Oga Gazzuzz is probably thinking...

This o.p get 100k to dey burn monthly on 4 legs in this buhari regime....

If na offroad you dey find with your plenty money, why not try 4Runner?

When e begin to show you pepper... Na you go hear am...

Make I nor spoil market for some ppl...

Kontinue....

1 Like

Re: Land Rover Range Rover versus LRs.....please advise by erico2k2(m): 10:24pm On May 27, 2017

1 Like

Re: Land Rover Range Rover versus LRs.....please advise by mayor2013: 9:22am On May 28, 2017
erico2k2:

U come observe ni grin grin grin

grin
Re: Land Rover Range Rover versus LRs.....please advise by diportivo: 8:36am On May 29, 2017
lejeun3

as a cerified land rover mecho dat also drives/own an LR,come and school the OP

I don't know how someone dat doesn't own/drive/fix one regularly can tell the dos and donts undecided

Re: Land Rover Range Rover versus LRs.....please advise by kingreign(m): 8:43am On May 29, 2017
diportivo:
lejeun3

as a cerified land rover mecho dat also drives/own an LR,come and school the OP

I don't know how someone dat doesn't own/drive/fix one regularly can tell the dos and donts undecided

Go and drive ya Mazda and nissan tongue tongue
Re: Land Rover Range Rover versus LRs.....please advise by LeJeun3: 10:45am On May 29, 2017
kingreign:

Boss did I Just hear you say that??
Re: Land Rover Range Rover versus LRs.....please advise by kingreign(m): 8:46pm On May 29, 2017
LeJeun3:

Boss did I Just hear you say that??
Yes Bros eh! cheesy
Awfa na
Re: Land Rover Range Rover versus LRs.....please advise by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:00pm On May 29, 2017
kingreign:

Yes Bros eh! cheesy
Awfa na

I see say u don reach destination

2 Likes

Re: Land Rover Range Rover versus LRs.....please advise by kingreign(m): 9:50pm On May 29, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

I see say u don reach destination
Yes Sir, thank you for hosting me bros! cool smiley
Re: Land Rover Range Rover versus LRs.....please advise by sooperrescue(m): 10:01pm On May 29, 2017
Op, with 7-8m, you can get a naija used 2010 lr4 or range sport. The periodic maintenance of 100k is the best thing that will happen to the car. The 5.0 engine is powerful and unique but it has a weakness, the engine oil. The use of poor quality oils is the nemesis of a great engine. I have seen engines roasted or fried to death because the owners used engine oils that could not hold down the temperature of the engine. The owners are happy when they are told that the oil service cost 50k. They are not bothered to find out the oil they used. The engine for a 5.0 range rover cost 4m and the ones you get are those that have been poorly maintained with low octane fuel and low quality oils, so why dont the owner prevent being in a precarious situation by using the recommended oil for their engines. Selling a range rover without an engine is a sad and rueful matter and it makes no sense. Range Rover is a prestigeous brand and it is not suitable for shallow pockets.
Re: Land Rover Range Rover versus LRs.....please advise by LeJeun3: 10:50pm On May 29, 2017

With your budget and heart desires....

I would suggest you source for a used 2011/2012 LR4. It's as rugged as can be and as corporate as ever! grin

hardbody:
I desire to acquire either a land rover range rover or an LR4 not later than October. I seek direction from automobile gurus in the house what they think should guide my decision.

Personally I have noticed that LRs are cheaper and on the face of it looks like something mostly used by non corporate minded dudes. I always like to drive a vehicle that is not seen as yahoo yahoo kind of vehicle.

So beyond price, what are the other possible considerations.

My budget will range between 7 and 8m
Re: Land Rover Range Rover versus LRs.....please advise by hardbody: 10:59pm On May 29, 2017
LeJeun3:

With your budget and heart desires....

I would suggest you source for a 2011/2012 LR4. It's as rugged as can be and as corporate as ever! grin

Thanks bro
Re: Land Rover Range Rover versus LRs.....please advise by LeJeun3: 11:02pm On May 29, 2017
hardbody:

Thanks bro

Welcome to the club!

Re: Land Rover Range Rover versus LRs.....please advise by hardbody: 11:05pm On May 29, 2017
oweniwe:
^^^^ grin grin grin

Oga Gazzuzz is probably thinking...

This o.p get 100k to dey burn monthly on 4 legs in this buhari regime....

If na offroad you dey find with your plenty money, why not try 4Runner?

When e begin to show you pepper... Na you go hear am...

Make I nor spoil market for some ppl...

Kontinue....

I am struggling to understand you, but gazzuz knows why I want what I want, he has fixed my 2010 pajero sometime and i had acknowledged him here, so what's your point please
Re: Land Rover Range Rover versus LRs.....please advise by hardbody: 11:13pm On May 29, 2017
sooperrescue:
Op, with 7-8m, you can get a naija used 2010 lr4 or range sport. The periodic maintenance of 100k is the best thing that will happen to the car. The 5.0 engine is powerful and unique but it has a weakness, the engine oil. The use of poor quality oils is the nemesis of a great engine. I have seen engines roasted or fried to death because the owners used engine oils that could not hold down the temperature of the engine. The owners are happy when they are told that the oil service cost 50k. They are not bothered to find out the oil they used. The engine for a 5.0 range rover cost 4m and the ones you get are those that have been poorly maintained with low octane fuel and low quality oils, so why dont the owner prevent being in a precarious situation by using the recommended oil for their engines. Selling a range rover without an engine is a sad and rueful matter and it makes no sense. Range Rover is a prestigeous brand and it is not suitable for shallow pockets.

I will take this suggestion on board, thanks a million.
Re: Land Rover Range Rover versus LRs.....please advise by oweniwe(m): 11:19pm On May 29, 2017
hardbody:

I am struggling to understand you, but gazzuz knows why I want what I want, he has fixed my 2010 pajero sometime and i had acknowledged him here, so what's your point please

Sorry... No vex...

LandRovers aren't cheap to maintain.

Second hand value isn't too good too cos only few ppl with special taste go for it so.... to sell if u don't like it again may be hard.

A top trim 4Runner of same year can offer you what you need in the land rover... And if you want to sell it later people will rush it.

That's my point.

Never mind sha. If you love Land Rover.... Please go for it.

Cheers smiley

1 Like

Re: Land Rover Range Rover versus LRs.....please advise by hardbody: 11:21pm On May 29, 2017
oweniwe:

Pajero & LandRover maintenance aren't the same o.

Noted. Thanks. Taken on board.
Re: Land Rover Range Rover versus LRs.....please advise by LeJeun3: 11:25pm On May 29, 2017
oweniwe:

Pajero & LandRover maintenance aren't the same o.

Guess you haven't understood that he isn't reasoning along your path??

Re: Land Rover Range Rover versus LRs.....please advise by hardbody: 11:32pm On May 29, 2017
PaperLace:

One thing I noticed is, that car isn't one used by corporate executives/minds in Nigeria _you've observed that already.

I have already read somewhere that this guy burns fuel like it's going out of stock. That point has since been noted
Re: Land Rover Range Rover versus LRs.....please advise by oweniwe(m): 11:33pm On May 29, 2017
LeJeun3:

Guess you haven't understood that he isn't reasoning along your path??

I know...

He is thinking about british cuisine, fat turkey lap, Champagne

I'm thinking about Fried rice, chicken and malt...

Na person wey don chop naija finish dey go find luxury cars

wink

1 Like

Re: Land Rover Range Rover versus LRs.....please advise by hardbody: 11:36pm On May 29, 2017
oweniwe:

Sorry... No vex...

LandRovers aren't cheap to maintain.

Second hand value isn't too good too cos only few ppl with special taste go for it so.... to sell if u don't like it again may be hard.

A top trim 4Runner of same year can offer you what you need in the land rover... And if you want to sell it later people will rush it.

That's my point.

Never mind sha. If you love Land Rover.... Please go for it.

Cheers smiley

But i don't recall having sold any of my cars, from the days of benz 200 through bluebird, hyundai, montero, etc.

I give them out to relations.

I have no plans of changing now, so resale value shouldn't be a problem

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Driving In The Rain Without AC / Honda Civic Fuel Consumption At 7km Per Liter / Just In Honda Pilot 2007 With These Faults

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.