Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,740 members, 7,802,252 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:36 AM

My Phone Installing Another Setting App - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Phone Installing Another Setting App (583 Views)

Google Pixel Camera(gcam) Not Installing On Tecno Pouvoir 2 / This Is Why You Should Stop Installing Games And Apps Outside Google Playstore. / Help! My Phone Fell Inside Water (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Phone Installing Another Setting App by Dailyfavour(m): 4:45pm On May 27, 2017
I have been experiencing funny function of my phone recently. Another system setting application is installing itself apart from already built in setting app. Each time I delete it keep reinstalling itself and the security alert from the phone always show it is a threat. Who will help me out. Thanks
Re: My Phone Installing Another Setting App by Aminu212: 5:43pm On May 27, 2017
Remind me later
Re: My Phone Installing Another Setting App by dxdiag(m): 7:13pm On May 27, 2017
Your phone has bee hijacked by virus,
Way out, install a strong anti virus application like stubborn trojan removal from google play store and install CM security to re-check.
If problem persist, am sorry you need to flash the phone with a fresh ROM installation or better still take it to your nearest certified phone repair center.
Re: My Phone Installing Another Setting App by branhampaul: 7:59pm On May 27, 2017
Maybe you are using the fraudsters network; MTN. whenever i have mb on my mtn sim, and i open opera mini. jiji will automatically start downloading and installing itself thereby eating up my megabytes.
Re: My Phone Installing Another Setting App by josephhun: 9:30pm On May 27, 2017
branhampaul:
Maybe you are using the fraudsters network; MTN. whenever i have mb on my mtn sim, and i open opera mini. jiji will automatically start downloading and installing itself thereby eating up my megabytes.

haha, but thats not too bad? I like demsmiley
Re: My Phone Installing Another Setting App by Dailyfavour(m): 1:33am On May 28, 2017
[quote author=dxdiag post=56936384]Your phone has bee hijacked by virus,
Way out, install a strong anti virus application like stubborn trojan removal from google play store and install CM security to re-check.
If problem persist, am sorry you need to flash the phone with a fresh ROM installation or better still take it to your nearest certified phone repair center.

[/Thanks]
Re: My Phone Installing Another Setting App by Dailyfavour(m): 1:38am On May 28, 2017
branhampaul

]Maybe you are using the fraudsters network; MTN. whenever i have mb on my mtn sim, and i open opera mini. jiji will automatically start downloading and installing itself thereby eating up my megabytes.

I noticed that, but am using AIRTEL most. I notice jiji and one football application surfacing each time am online.
Re: My Phone Installing Another Setting App by srrrr(m): 2:07am On May 28, 2017
Dailyfavour:
I have been experiencing funny function of my phone recently. Another system setting application is installing itself apart from already built in setting app. Each time I delete it keep reinstalling itself and the security alert from the phone always show it is a threat. Who will help me out. Thanks
Is your phone rooted? If yes, then one of your apps that you gave root permission is probably installing those apps. Look for the exact app and delete it (just Google "system app remover" or you can use lucky patcher) if you don't know the app, just go to settings >> accessibility, you will see some apps with Android robot icon given accessible permission, those are the installed apps but not the one installing it. To correct it totally you have to look for the exact app manually.
If your phone is not rooted, you might consider flashing it

1 Like

Re: My Phone Installing Another Setting App by Kamaye(m): 5:44am On May 28, 2017
Your phone was infected by a malware virus, it is almost impossible to reverse the situation, I am afraid flashing a new rom is the surest remedy.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Itel Mobile Set To Start A Nationwide Market Launch For P51 At Ikeja / Iphone 8 Unveiling Happening Today: Here's How To Watch It LIVE! / 5 Basic Things Your Next Android Phone Needs To Have

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.