Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,562 members, 7,809,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:59 PM

Osinbajo Makes 9 Appointments As Acting President - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Makes 9 Appointments As Acting President (51672 Views)

Onnoghen: Senate Should Suspend Buhari And Declare Saraki As Acting President / Independence Day: Osinbajo Makes Prophetic Declarations About Nigeria / Osinbajo Makes New Appointments (Full List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo Makes 9 Appointments As Acting President by bionixs: 11:01pm On May 27, 2017
AworiLagosian:
Balanced appointment from my Acting President.

Yorubas are always fair in their dealings with other tribes of this country... Fairness that previous national leaders of Northern Or Eastern extraction have never at anytime in history reciprocated towards them. YET some still chose to hate them for no just cause.

That isn't nice at all. Just saying though.
stepping cautiously for now. true color not yet out
Re: Osinbajo Makes 9 Appointments As Acting President by InvertedHammer: 11:03pm On May 27, 2017
What a sad day!

Appointments here and there. ..

And Ngeneukwuenu and Omenkalives only get recharge cards
Re: Osinbajo Makes 9 Appointments As Acting President by Nobody: 11:07pm On May 27, 2017
Venica:

the cables and their slaves. AP is doing great .
i wish Buhari good health n long life but pray he never return to Nigeria to take over power but to resign . I believe AP can still give us lifeboats as this ship called Nigeria is almost swallowed up by d sea. all thanks to Buhari

Buhari is not the reason why the price of oil dropped. Many countries that depends on oil for their budget like nigeria is going through a hard time now.This period has just presented us with the opportunity to produce more locally and less import dependent.
Hatred is not good for your heart.
Re: Osinbajo Makes 9 Appointments As Acting President by AreaFada2: 11:20pm On May 27, 2017
Good one.

Though most likely the list was probably already on the table before Buhari left. But baba has been slow to work through the whole pile.

Acting Presido doesn't just make long term appointments like that. Not in our power-obsessed polity. Emergency decisions he can do out of necessity. But his vibrancy & swiftness is good enough & encouraging.
Re: Osinbajo Makes 9 Appointments As Acting President by proprince(m): 12:07am On May 28, 2017
Balanced app

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Makes 9 Appointments As Acting President by 2n2k(m): 12:37am On May 28, 2017
AreaFada2:
Good one.

Though most likely the list was probably already on the table before Buhari left. But baba has been slow to work through the whole pile.

Acting Presido doesn't just make long term appointments like that. Not in our power-obsessed polity. Emergency decisions he can do out of necessity. But his vibrancy & swiftness is good enough & encouraging.

Actually, Abdulrahaman Dikko was appointed by Buhari as DG national pension commission just last month but awaiting confirmation by the senate. Funso Doherty was to be the non-executive chairman. It was because of that appointment that Dikko stepped down from his position at Premium Pension Limited and DSS raided pension commission office to force out the former DG - Chinelo Ahiazu.

Now he has been moved to bank of industry as non-executive chairman without ever taking over as the DG of the pension commission.

Kayode pitan that has just been appointed as the MD of the bank of industry was the former ED (Corporate and investment banking) of Unity Bank before he left to become (full-time) pastor in Redeemed Church - tabernacle of David
Re: Osinbajo Makes 9 Appointments As Acting President by manitoba(m): 2:06am On May 28, 2017
Congrats to Pastor Kayode Pitan of TOD. This man is imbued with greatness in Him. He is Astute, well prepared for this and will sure do well. Congrats sir.
Re: Osinbajo Makes 9 Appointments As Acting President by raphaeladeyele: 3:17am On May 28, 2017
Wishes the Newly appoinetess God assistance
Re: Osinbajo Makes 9 Appointments As Acting President by Lachynos2k2(m): 3:24am On May 28, 2017
DONGOYARO1:
I blame the igbos. Igbos are the problem of africa
Dude you're are wrong, igbos are the PRIDE of africa.
Re: Osinbajo Makes 9 Appointments As Acting President by emyworld: 6:13am On May 28, 2017
The Question is Why did they remove Chinelo AnohuAmazu who was doing well in the first place? It appears there is an ethnic undertone to all the appointments thus far. I pity this country! Funsho Doherty is Tinubu's boy, Ben Oviosu is VP's boy in Redeemed Church! Wow what a country! No wonder corruption will never stop in Nigeria! Wow!!
Re: Osinbajo Makes 9 Appointments As Acting President by LordOfNaira: 6:28am On May 28, 2017
eph123:

grin Thank you very much, I'll pass!
grin
Re: Osinbajo Makes 9 Appointments As Acting President by winterfell007(m): 6:38am On May 28, 2017
MyMouth:

And u think these appointment were made without the approval of Mr. President My guy think again!

Of course Buhari may have some inputs but doesn't dispute the fact that Osinbajo tends to be more encompassing. Please i'm igbo, I believe in Osinbajo's fairness. Don't start this yoruba-Igbo bashing on nairaland, i'm not fan of insulting other enthic groups
Re: Osinbajo Makes 9 Appointments As Acting President by Nobody: 7:38am On May 28, 2017
Intrepid01:

Mr. Oga stop spreading fake and unfounded stories....Doherty and ARM has no connection is anyway whatsover.....I may not know Doherty very well...but I sure know ARM well well....from Deji Alli founding it in 1994, stepping down in 2015 and Jumoke stepping in and currently the C.E.O. .....

abeegi continue with your mod work not misinformation.

Doherty was pioneer ARM staff, and if I'm not mistaken the first CEO of ARM Pensions.
Re: Osinbajo Makes 9 Appointments As Acting President by Intrepid01(m): 7:50am On May 28, 2017
Bagehot:

Doherty was pioneer ARM staff, and if I'm not mistaken the first CEO of ARM Pensions.

Like I said i cant take anyone up on that....I only corrected him when he said he was pioneer C.E.O of ARM....ARM is a group while ARM Pensions is one of the 10 subsidiaries within the group....

BTW; what is the meaning of Pioneer staff?
Re: Osinbajo Makes 9 Appointments As Acting President by MyMouth(m): 8:29am On May 28, 2017
winterfell007:

Of course Buhari may have some inputs but doesn't dispute the fact that Osinbajo tends to be more encompassing. Please i'm igbo, I believe in Osinbajo's fairness. Don't start this yoruba-Igbo bashing on nairaland, i'm not fan of insulting other enthic groups
Am not yoruba and am not a tribalist o! Just stating the obvious! What am trying to say is that Buhari is still president and Osibanjo can never make any appointment without consulting him first. Take it or leave it. Moreover, from what I heard, PMB had already made these appointment before leaving for London.
Re: Osinbajo Makes 9 Appointments As Acting President by chibboy: 10:34am On May 28, 2017
toyinolaigbe:
baba osinbajo I beg sign peace corps for the benefit of Nigeria youths. thank u and God bless u more as u do so in Jesus name.
am sure he av head u.. just relax. and see his reply.
Re: Osinbajo Makes 9 Appointments As Acting President by BlueMurder(m): 10:48am On May 28, 2017
Some people have allowed undisguised hatred for Buhari to destroy their objectivity. Board appointments must by law be balanced, since all geopolitical zones are represented. So I don't see any difference between this and previous board appointments.
Re: Osinbajo Makes 9 Appointments As Acting President by princeadams11: 11:15pm On May 28, 2017
Now that pastors are given appointments by Ag Vp, no body is saying anything. Everyone is happy
Re: Osinbajo Makes 9 Appointments As Acting President by Nobody: 4:11am On May 29, 2017
Intrepid01:

Like I said i cant take anyone up on that....I only corrected him when he said he was pioneer C.E.O of ARM....ARM is a group while ARM Pensions is one of the 10 subsidiaries within the group....

BTW; what is the meaning of Pioneer staff?

He was one of the first ten staff Deji Alli started out with.
Re: Osinbajo Makes 9 Appointments As Acting President by Venica(f): 12:29pm On May 29, 2017
deji15:

Buhari is not the reason why the price of oil dropped. Many countries that depends on oil for their budget like nigeria is going through a hard time now.This period has just presented us with the opportunity to produce more locally and less import dependent.
Hatred is not good for your heart.

who is talking about hate here my friend
oil price is not the case but some stupid policies.
during OBJ time oil price is not that much but nigerians were not starving.
if buhari can't take the heat, let him get out of the kitchen . SIMPLE !!!
Re: Osinbajo Makes 9 Appointments As Acting President by Nobody: 1:14pm On May 29, 2017
Venica:

who is talking about hate here my friend
oil price is not the case but some stupid policies.
during OBJ time oil price is not that much but nigerians were not starving.
if buhari can't take the heat, let him get out of the kitchen . SIMPLE !!!

Oil Price is the case. If you were earning N100K, then your salary is slashed, wont you feel the pain of the adjustment? Go and check other countries that depends on oil revenue for their budget, they are going through the same thing as Nigeria if not worse.
The wage bill when OBJ took over as President was not as high as it is now. Go and fact check that too. And mind you, Oil price climbed up before the end of the tenure of OBJ Govt and that is why he could make some savings. Go and fact check all I have written here my dear.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

‘I Heard Nigerian Youths Loud And Clear’, Tinubu Says / Fayose Spotted In South Africa Drinking Heineken at the airport / Buhari Declares N30m, 5 Homes, 270 Heads Of Cattle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.