Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service (60955 Views)

Father Jude Slumps And Dies In Cameroon While Preaching During Sunday Mass / Lady Twerks In Church During Tithe And Offering / Mast Falls On Chapel In Akwa Ibom During Sunday Service (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by Maeka(m): 7:14pm On May 28, 2017
So, we should dress anyhow into the presence of god abi, simply because we ar poor abi?

Did he tell you DAT was the only clot he has in his statement?

Will you go out to share the gospel will you share the good news with well dressed people only?.
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by Typewriter(m): 7:16pm On May 28, 2017
This is amongst the reasons white garment churches wear uniform garment in their aim for uniformity in worship.
White garment symbolises purity of hearts and cleaniness of body wear, uniformity of purpose and modesty in dressing.
Even to MOSES he was told to remove his sandals for the land he stood on was holy!
Does that mean other lands are not holy? No it means when in the present of God you must humble yourself and remove any sense of pride and self dignity. God can only relate with you when you humble yourself to Him. And He sees your heart but still you must physically show humility and modesty,

That is why men are not allowed to cap their head in prayer and women cover their pride in scarf (the hair of women are God given beauty that's why the can spend fortune or family future to maintain their hairs)

Please Google the Internet for pics modest dressing and search the Holy scriptures for how to approach the Place of worship . and gospel arena

The holy books told us to obey our Prophet/Prophetess and I say do so to good pastors and good members too. At least it is not a do or die affair yet obey first then search the holy book for guidance later.
The main reason you go to church and other gospel arean is to seek the face of God and in that you must dress simple and modesty is the best approach.
No judgment is intended here.

Now to the main topic
You need to see yourself in God's rules and laws when you dress to look too casual or too expensive then you have lost modesty and humble not yourself before the Lord.
Rather you may be disattracting other people with your looks directly or indirect.(your pastor is one already)

Even for ladies with big boobs and back sides, wearing clothes that reveals them the most is considered indecent and may cause temporary dementia for onlookers to the glory of the devil and not to God as you may well intended.
Church and God's centres are not the place to show fashion style sense

The Lord Jesus has been in the business of chasing evil people away from the synagogue for a long time now.

why?, didn't He came for the sick and the sinners of this world?

Yes but first you must be ready to atorn for your wrong in the past and willing to repent you old ways too.

Always pray and wait for clear thinking before acting on your anger. If you understand Jeremira 5:12 it means you have to pay God his dues and not make excuses for your actions and inactions. So I pray,
Our every step guide us through it O Lord
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by Dindondin(m): 7:19pm On May 28, 2017
edidiongmichael:
What Happened To Me On Sunday Service In Church

What's your candid view on this?

Recently I joined a church, I know how to play piano but not really well. The church has a standard pianist that plays literally on every church's event. When they discovered I knew how to play, they gave me the opportunity to be playing at least 2 times a month. Honestly, I didn't see myself as a church worker because I've never been to their meeting before. I only play when they tell me to otherwise I stay at the congregation. Last Sunday, I wore a shirt with a suit trouser and a sandals to church, then I wasn't expected to tuck in my shirt with a sandals. When I got to church, the pastor ordered me out of the church to tuck in before coming inside and instructed the ushers to not let me in until I tucked in my shirt. The church was still on and I got so ashamed and embarrassed. Everybody's eyes were on me during that time.

As confused as I was, I angrily left the church that moment to another nearby church.

Then I started thinking, Do we really have to tuck in our shirts to show how holy we are in church? What do you think had prompted the pastor to order me out? Do Christians have a dressing code? Will I be judged on the final day for letting loose my shirt to church? What's your view on this?
Do not take offense against the Pastor or the church. It's possibly part of your Church's dress code to always turk in shirts while your mistake was probably the wearing of slippers on the said dress. If you desire God, you ll v to abide by your Church's rule (that's if you weren't aware). Most Churches uses dress code cos some people over do and dress wrongly to Church when given liberty to dress. Lastly, don't listen to the advice of people asking you to leave the Church. They are people with pride and lack of understanding of what an obedient child of God means. Hope you ll not allow pride to turn you away from God.
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by Nobody: 7:20pm On May 28, 2017
Maeka:
So, we should dress anyhow into the presence of god abi, simply because we ar poor abi?

Did he tell you DAT was the only clot he has in his statement?

Will you go out to share the gospel will you share the good news with well dressed people only?.

Make sure that from today you always wear suit and tie when praying to God including in your house, when driving etc, whenever you are going into God's presence you must dress up formally !!
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by OtemAtum: 7:23pm On May 28, 2017
9jakohai:

Ah, but the chap tomorrow would want to be elder for a church.(Oh yes...he would!)

When he hasn't learned how to follow...how can he be an effective elder.?

People who become leaders without learning how to follow become tyrants. Sorry...but it is true.

Anyway...your issue is with the concept of Pastor and Church...that is another story.
did the chap say that he wants to be a pastor in the future? And must you do some things which if your parents try to enforce on you, you give them reason not to, only to do it when a pastor tells you to?

for example, if you are mature enough and your parents demand a particular hairstyle from you different from the one you have on, we give them reasons and they accept, only for a pastor somewhere to tell you to do this or that.

A leader should not enforce some culture on the followers, else he is not a good leader. It's pastor they call you, not a soldier.
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by ezesun(m): 7:23pm On May 28, 2017
edidiongmichael:

Recently I joined a church, I know how to play piano but not really well. The church has a standard pianist that plays literally on every church's event. When they discovered I knew how to play, they gave me the opportunity to be playing at least 2 times a month. Honestly, I didn't see myself as a church worker because I've never been to their meeting before. I only play when they tell me to otherwise I stay at the congregation. Last Sunday, I wore a shirt with a suit trouser and a sandals to church, then I wasn't expected to tuck in my shirt with a sandals. When I got to church, the pastor ordered me out of the church to tuck in before coming inside and instructed the ushers to not let me in until I tucked in my shirt. The church was still on and I got so ashamed and embarrassed. Everybody's eyes were on me during that time.

As confused as I was, I angrily left the church that moment to another nearby church.

Then I started thinking, Do we really have to tuck in our shirts to show how holy we are in church? What do you think had prompted the pastor to order me out? Do Christians have a dressing code? Will I be judged on the final day for letting loose my shirt to church? What's your view on this?
He asked you to do that because he loves you. You are better than that haha! You are now a worker in the Vineyard, not just a bench warmer. Please make sure you do the needful.
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by Jaddo19(m): 7:28pm On May 28, 2017
enigma2007:

Exactly! Most pastors are now interested in outward appearances
true
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by professorchuks(m): 7:52pm On May 28, 2017
edidiongmichael:

Bros sharap! Dey were trying to mk u useful. If ur pastor has Eva told u that u are playing rubbish while service is going on, den u will knw hw shameful it is. Ordinary to tuck in as a minister, u are supposed to obey and nt b angry, it was a simple test that u failed. God won't judge ur tucking in, he will judge d heart at which u took d chastisement. Wat if is a governor that told u samething? U are nt a keyboardist truly, u are a proud and arrogant person that does nt wnt to learn
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by ashjay001(m): 7:54pm On May 28, 2017
donj84:

do you attend church and please are you a worker in your church

Human decency first n foremost! Send an usher to d offender to do d needful. Not call him out in front of d whole congregation, no matter how small.

Stopped going to church a longggggg time ago.

Though, I can relate with d poor guy, my Dad tried related stuffs, while I was still under his care.

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by Ninewale(m): 7:57pm On May 28, 2017
The pastor is not interested in your outward appearance neither is does he want to be lackadaisical about it.

There is a WAY, mode you ought to dress to Church. That makes you an associate of the (group in the) church.
For example, there's no point allowing one that can sing to be a member of choir.

Now, people who go clubbing dress a particular way. How would you feel if your pastor or head of prayer warriors wears Hood, crazy jeans, Airmax to church; or pastor's daughter dress in skimpy skirt.

When People saw the way the disciples acted, they called them Christians.

The pastor may have seen a lot that why he may have order you out.

Remember how Jesus, the merciful Man vented his anger in the temple. Jesus didn't build or own the temple.

If you are a Christian be wise about your decisions. This is God's house.
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by dnawah(m): 8:07pm On May 28, 2017
edidiongmichael:

chie! U don fail simple test.obedient,is it not better than sacrify?if that man na real man of God,u don disobey God be that o!

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by Opeyemi4real(m): 8:36pm On May 28, 2017
[quote author=oluwaemmanuel post=56964152]
my brother in the Lord he isn't a worker he said that already, so he has a freedom of dressing to a point? what happens to the ladies that wear body fitting clothes showing off their curves[/] But agreed to be playing the keyboard? Let him stop playing the keyboard and maintain his back seat in the congregation! The pastor will never bother about his mode of dressing again.
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by ngona(f): 8:37pm On May 28, 2017
stanley99a:
@Op, leaving the church angrily because you were scolded or ordered to go tuck in your shirt by your pastor is very wrong I must tell you. My questions to you..

1. Will you leave your job for another because you were scolded by your boss in front of your colleagues?

2. Will you forfeit your admission and rewrite another jamb because your lecturer scolded you in the presence of your classmates for not dressing properly to class? ( Law students know what I mean)

3. Do you benefit from the teachings your pastor share from the pulpit? If yes, why angry that you where corrected by your own pastor.

I'll will put it to you with due respect OP that it was pride that made you leave the church angrily that faithful day because you were instructed to go out and tuck in your shirt.

I am sure that you weren't the only member in church that did not tuck in to church that day. Why you? Think about it

My word for you op, please go back to the church and apologize to your pastor if truly it's just what you narrated here that made you leave. Remember prov 4:6
You never know how far your talent can take you. Humility is key to success in life

most people leave church because they are corrected, it only shows how immature you are.
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by Amaaf(m): 8:47pm On May 28, 2017
Edopesin:
its not ur fault neither is it the pastors' he was only doing what he thought was right

and u shouldn't have stormed out u should av humbled urself

And you think the pastor would have done 'what he thought was right' if that guy happens to be Mike Adenuga in sandals and not tucking in his shirt?

2 Likes

Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by Pengician(m): 8:48pm On May 28, 2017
edidiongmichael:

Life goes on, Dear. Follow your heart.
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by coolplanet: 9:28pm On May 28, 2017
edidiongmichael:

Dear beloved,i will advice u to go back to your pastor and apologise.it is totally wrong to leave your church or a sacred place like that.someone asked a question that if you are corrected in your office by ur boss in front of ur colleagues, will you resign.lets fear God no matter what.God still make u relevant, that is why u are talented.there are some comments on nairaland that will lead u to hell,pls don't mind them cos their heart is made up already.
For decency,pls see below

1 Corinthians 14:40King James Version (KJV). 40 Let all things be done decently and in order. King James Version  ...
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by Lordkratus(m): 9:30pm On May 28, 2017
the only person that can tell me my dressing is inappropriate is if you give me a job in exon mobile or you are sending me to USA for my PhD else I go deaf you with slap if you be pastor better for me. rubbish
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by GoodMuyis(m): 9:42pm On May 28, 2017
edidiongmichael I will advise you to study the book of 1st Timothy and learn some few lessons their, especially chapter 5.

What your pastor did was Orthodox practice of correction. for example;
=>come late to Sundays school, you will be asked to stay outside till end of Sundays school
=>Put on ungodly dress to church, your parent will be called outside, send them and you home to go and dress you properly.

Back to your case, your pastor is Right, even though you are not a worker, he assume that you are mature enough to be groom, trained and encourage to join the work force, that was why he is treating you like a worker.

So dont get annoyed that he treated you like that, he meant well and expected much from you. Hence, I will encouraged you to go back to the church, if the pastor confronted you with questions, just apologized, "Am sorry sir!" you will see the miracle of Love from that statement.

My Mentor, was following up on a boy in 2006, My mentor was hoping to trained this boy to be a worker, but because of correction he cannot abide by, he left the Church instead giving explanation why he cant abide.

After he left, the brother took me up and transfer the boy responsibility to me. After my SSCE he encouraged me to join the workers training in 2008/2009 and I finished but he had moved to another location, which means he has to moved to another Church branch.

Presently the brother, my mentor works with the church HQ Acct Dept. and our new Pastor happen to be his office colleague.

The last time I went to the Acct office, he saw me and said, **Hmm this is one of the pillars holding my local church**

Why am I telling you this story, if the other guy had wait patiently, he might likely be what I am today.

Please go back to that church, much awaits you thier, forget about those weak Christian who are yet to experience genuine salvation. The Bible says

Obey them that have rule over you
Obey your parent IN THE LORD

Believe me your pastor might as well felt bad not to see you coming back.
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by coolplanet: 9:44pm On May 28, 2017
[quote author=Opeyemi4real post=56967869][/quote]

Then God will raise a stone to praise Him.God can't be intimidated.do u think if the guy should leave today, the name of God will seize in the sacred place,NO.my prayer is for God not to raise things to praise Him while am alive.
A good example is ,today I was strong and couldn't make it early to church.members came to visit me.i used to play drums for the church most times,to my Surprise,a small boy beat the drum perfectly. That is what God can do.shalom
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by GoodMuyis(m): 10:05pm On May 28, 2017
But me I dont care about my footwear of, as long am going to minister, tucking is a must not that am being forced but I know I must look presentable.

One funny thing is that most of mid week service, ma palm slipase I dey wear, come tucking on top, CAN YOU BEAT THAT
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by tomdon(m): 10:36pm On May 28, 2017
edidiongmichael:

So you even have the double arrogance to come and show your empty ego. You don't even have money to dress well and yet you display such arrogance
You won't go far in life with a haughty attitude
Even truly successful people are very humble based on their exposure and because even though they've overcome most life hurdles they see that they're yet limited in power.

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by dunamis321(f): 10:47pm On May 28, 2017
Thanks too. Yes I am a music minister smiley

mazimee:

I so much love your response, I was surprise nobody spoke about the ill manner of approach of the pastor. Again, he may not see himself as a church work, he should know that he is a music minister. Music ministers dress corporately. Native decent dress is an exception.

Btw, are you a music Minister smiley

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by mrtheo33: 11:03pm On May 28, 2017
anyway d pastor may hash dou. but u are should responsibly to church especially when u have a platform you stand on whether low or high. you don't dress like a man going to sell OK at ariaria market and go to church. let me ask you, if God were to be physical in church that day would your dressing be befitting to meet him or befitting to sit at the keyboard and play for him. going to another church is not the answer you have to humble yourself and learn sometimes. dou it may come in a harsh way.
finally, expect d worst case in your new church but open ur mind to learn.
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by Nobody: 11:21pm On May 28, 2017
9jakohai:

But he was just asked to tuck in his shirt...not start World War Five.! grin
he was commanded not asked.
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by Nobody: 11:21pm On May 28, 2017
9jakohai:

But he was just asked to tuck in his shirt...not start World War Five.! grin
He was commanded not asked.
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by Nobody: 11:25pm On May 28, 2017
tomdon:

So you even have the double arrogance to come and show your empty ego. You don't even have money to dress well and yet you display such arrogance
You won't go far in life with a haughty attitude
Even truly successful people are very humble based on their exposure and because even though they've overcome most life hurdles they see that they're yet limited in power .
How does lacking money relate to this topic? Please add this dude to the numerous list of dumb nairalanders you know .

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by Shedrack777: 11:26pm On May 28, 2017
this one don week me
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by Emmahunk(m): 11:27pm On May 28, 2017
MaziOmenuko:

You are sure he is going to be judged and condemned on final day, but for the pastor who was the instrument for his anger, you say it's only God that has the final say in his own matter; isn't that hypocrisy in 3-D? It's easy for you to condemn the young man but for the case of his pastor, your tongue is tied.

Mtchewww

Hosea 4:6 says" my people perish for lack of knowledge '
Thanks for your brash response . My tongue was not tied but only said the truth . Whether the pastor was right or wrong, whether he is even fake is not for me to say but God who called him ."touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm"
If obeying God's command is hypocrisy to you, then my dear, you need to seek the face of God.
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by ImaIma1(f): 12:03am On May 29, 2017
edidiongmichael:

And you came to NL to ask their view where you know pastors are condemned by a large percentage of people.
Did you come her to get the truth or to get a pat on the back and to be congratulated?
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by Rhea(f): 1:06am On May 29, 2017
edidiongmichael:

The pastor is behaving like you are after his girlfriend. Are you guys runsing the same ochanja?
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by herrdeustch: 1:34am On May 29, 2017
edidiongmichael:

My brother , there are a few things to note.
1. Have you become a member of this Church? Can you say that you are a member of this Church? From what you have posted you do not see yourself as a member, therefore you are free to agree or disagree with anything the Church asks you to do.As a consequence of this fact, there was nothing wrong in you leaving the church for another one except for the question of whether God led you to this place . Did God drop a message whether in your heart or through some other means to worship in this place? If HE did, then humble yourself and participate fully ,sacrificing and obeying and you will see the reward.
2. Do you want to play the keyboard/piano to volunteer/just help the church or out of pity or so you see it as a serious service to God? if you see it as a help, then be ready to help the church on her own terms . If you see it as a serious service to God, then be ready to obey the pastor.
3. In my own little experience with churches and pastors, I have discovered that alot of them have weaknesses when dealing with people as is the case from your narrative. This does not mean that they do not carry God's anointing.So, rather than be disobedient to them , bearing grudges or speaking ill of them, find your squareroot to a church where you can love the pastor and the congregation and be happy thereby not sinning against God.Do not forget that pastors can disappoint you so just find one you love and overlook their weaknesses- you can choose to forgive and love this one.
4. Remember also, that as an adult, you have freedom, you also have a right to be treated fairly. If you dont like a church, depart. If a church you attend is consistently nasty and insensitive,run! It is a sign that the Holy Spirit is not fully in control, remember the fruit of the Spirit is Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness & Self Control. discipline, holiness and morality are also characteristic. So if you find yourself in any Christian body without these manifestations, my brother, start running!
5. I realized that the church especially the pastor , already adopted you unofficially as their member and a minister(all choristers and instrumentalists are!) and so they expect a very very high standard and discipline from you which includes dressing to their expectation-unfortunately, you are the one who isn't aware of this development. Therefore I advise you to decide whether you want to commit to being a minister or just a casual attendee.If you decide to be a casual attendee, then you need to make them understand that. no hard feelings bro,forgive the pastor and move on-it was a classic case of misunderstanding between two parties.
6.I have discovered that in Nigeria, just because someone is a Man of God, they abuse it by being nasty to people. In Nigeria, those above are always very nasty and rude to those below and unfortunately we have accepted it as a normal thing. This is the reason why human rights abuses are sustained in Nigeria and why leaders always take advantage of the underlings. I wish especially that there will be a show of exemplary love by Christian leaders- strangely they seem to be showing this love preferentially to the rich, influential and in some extreme cases members of the opposite gender. We need a culture of true love and respect.

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by Nobody: 4:21am On May 29, 2017
adenolaabel:

He was commanded not asked.

I think your issue is with Pastors,not with the fact that the guy was commanded or not.

Many of you Nigerian Chrsitians think that your pastors have become Lords and Opressors. That is true in some instances,and something has got to change.

But being asked to tuck in his shirt? If it was his boss,or his lecturer,would he have resigned fromhis job/left school,rewrote Jamb.

If he had given instruction to his junior,and his junior had responded the same way he did,would he have said....That'sok?

And pray, tell me,how do we know the Pastor spoke roughly to him.? We only have OP'sside of the story...which he could be embellishing?

Time we learned humility in the House of God....all of us.Pastor and Members inclusive.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Woman Accused Of Transforming Into An Owl In Lagos (Photos) / Chris Okafor Acquires A Private Jet (Photos) / My Church Is Aware I’m Member Of Ogboni Confraternity —ogunfuwa, Remo Chief.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.