Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,716 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:54 PM

US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada (43896 Views)

Fans Go Violent After Naira Marley Was Barred From Performing At Unilag / Singer Diamond Platinumz Banned From Performing In Tanzania And Abroad / Ebonyi Government Stops Flavour From Performing In Abakaliki. Gives Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada by 360frolic(m): 11:15am On May 28, 2017
A US Supreme Federal Court in NewYork has slammed an injunction against musical artist Damini Ebunoluwa Ogulu popularly known as BurnaBoy.

The injunction prevents him from performing at any event venue or any form of recording anywhere in USA & Canada for the time being unless he settles with the New York- based promotion company, Vibesland Entertainment, LLC, founded by promoter/producer, Niyi Fatogun.

Burna Boy is an independent artist signed under the Burna Boy Ltd and released his OAS LP under Spaceship Entertainment label that presently holds the copyright to all his music.

He was sued in the Federal Court by Vibesland Entertainment, LLC, on allegations that he signed a contract for 2016 USA & Canada Tour, failed to turn up, postponed the tour which put the promoter Vibesland Entertainment, LLC, in serious debt in the United States.

Vibesland Entertainment, LLC, was said to have invested up to $25,000 US Dollars in preparation and facilitating the tour.

The issue started after the promoter, Vibesland Entertainment, LLC, obtained USA Work Permit approval visa for Burna Boy, then Burna Boy failed to honour the contractual agreement.

The promoter, Niyi Fatogun, hired professional entertainment lawyer, Takena Barango to represent Vibesland Entertainment, LLC, on Wednesday May17th, 2017, at the Supreme Court in New York.

The judge ordered a court injunction on Burna Boy outside US Tour, until Burna Boy Ltd settles the promoter for the financial loss Vibesland Entertainment, LLC, suffered due to breach of trust.

http://www.newshelmng.com/2017/05/us-court-forbids-burna-boy-from.html

cc lalasticlala

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada by Nobody: 11:18am On May 28, 2017
undecided
Re: US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada by Nobody: 11:22am On May 28, 2017
Damini Ebunoluwa Ogulu
Damini Ebunoluwa Ogulu
Damini Ebunoluwa Ogulu
How many times did I call you?
I can smell the end of your music career.

103 Likes 6 Shares

Re: US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada by OKorowanta: 11:50am On May 28, 2017
Smoked major herbs and forgot he's been booked.

153 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada by BlackMbakara1(m): 11:53am On May 28, 2017
With all the money him dey show-off, 25k dolls na change. Him for pay avoid court matter abi na make believe things? shocked

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada by NwaObinkita: 11:57am On May 28, 2017
Trouble everywhere in this boy's career..

Maybe they have stolen his destiny

5 Likes

Re: US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada by dessz(m): 12:16pm On May 28, 2017
Ziggiman:
Damini Ebunoluwa Ogulu
Damini Ebunoluwa Ogulu
Damini Ebunoluwa Ogulu
u called him 5 times cool

25 Likes

Re: US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada by IhateAfonjas(m): 4:26pm On May 28, 2017

$25k ??

Come on, this is an insult

He can pay that 25k without going to the bank

False news

False news

And that's a big lie, you can't just wake up and take someone to the supreme Court, you must go through several courts before you can go to Supreme Court

Do you know how much you would pay a lawyer ??
More than that $25k you said he owes you

You can never take someone to a Supreme Court if the case isn't a federal case

Hungry bloggers​, you can do better than this

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada by Nobody: 4:26pm On May 28, 2017
Ebun sef

1 Like

Re: US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada by IhateAfonjas(m): 4:26pm On May 28, 2017
Ziggiman:
Damini Ebunoluwa Ogulu
Damini Ebunoluwa Ogulu
Damini Ebunoluwa Ogulu

What drugs are you on ?? Stupidity pills ??

End of his career because of a mere $25k ?? Poverty is a disease

I can pay off that debt without going to the bank, not even to talk about Burna boy who started making millions of dollars at the age of 18

Being a Glo ambassador made him a cool 60 mil

You can smell the end of his career but can't smell the poverty that is wrecking your life

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada by Ebubemg(m): 4:27pm On May 28, 2017
. Watin consign me

1 Like

Re: US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada by Pavore9: 4:28pm On May 28, 2017
That is bad for his career.
Re: US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada by Ezedon(m): 4:28pm On May 28, 2017
Not fair
Re: US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada by Moreoffaith(m): 4:28pm On May 28, 2017
Burna u self no do well walai...

Abeg dey come back home no be by force make u perform abroad.

2 Likes

Re: US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada by Airforce1(m): 4:28pm On May 28, 2017
Not good for his career
Re: US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada by Maycher(m): 4:29pm On May 28, 2017
I don't know why I don't like this guy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada by MrUntouchable(m): 4:29pm On May 28, 2017
Igbo been make am forget to attend the show

4 Likes

Re: US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada by engrkaz(m): 4:29pm On May 28, 2017
Ok
Re: US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada by Freshsnoow1(m): 4:29pm On May 28, 2017
Do you want to me to draw you like the cartoon here?

Contact me for an affordable price.. What'sapp or call 08169177163

4 Likes

Re: US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada by centboy123456(m): 4:30pm On May 28, 2017
na wo oh

1 Like

Re: US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada by teepea(m): 4:30pm On May 28, 2017
chai... Naso he wan use Ego spoil him career. if u can't pay, just carry elders 4rm ur village go beg.

2 Likes

Re: US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada by SalamRushdie: 4:30pm On May 28, 2017
BlackMbakara1:
With all the money him dey show-off, 25k dolls na change. Him for pay avoid court matter abi na make believe things? shocked

Are you the one that made 25k dollars change for him ...don't believe the hype about all these Nigerian celebrities that still buy value meal

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada by jswagg4(m): 4:30pm On May 28, 2017
He thinks its Naija where u can shamelessly disregard and disobey contracts abi. Yeye

1 Like

Re: US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada by Spells(m): 4:30pm On May 28, 2017
Burnaboy pay up ur debt to avoid getting burnt grin

2 Likes

Re: US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada by Andrewkinggg: 4:31pm On May 28, 2017
But he just toured USA.

Ayam not understanding again ohhh

2 Likes

Re: US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada by Nobody: 4:31pm On May 28, 2017
Good
Re: US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada by jdstunt(m): 4:31pm On May 28, 2017
Too bad

1 Like

Re: US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada by Nobody: 4:31pm On May 28, 2017
Dem don even pay work visa for am, wetin be the ganja smoking pikin problem wey he no turn up. Anyhow sha other better artists dey to so tour with.

2 Likes

Re: US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada by 1metre: 4:32pm On May 28, 2017
I thought he a Nigerian? Why bearing dlamini? That's a south African surname
Re: US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada by Ericjohnsonjnr(m): 4:33pm On May 28, 2017
I know say this Igbo go cost him something one day ....my advice to him and those who want to be like to stop smoking weed ...

That's all
Re: US Court Forbids Burna Boy From Performing In U.S And Canada by palz(m): 4:38pm On May 28, 2017
Wats actually wroñg with this boy sef? Him feel say him don arrive finish...

Why him dey pride himself so teeey na America him go shit for church.
D same thing he did in Kenya few months ago.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Aneke Twins Show Dance Moves (photos) / Chika Ike's Birthday Party - Photos / “i’m Not Bothered That People Think I Am Arrogant” – Wizkid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.