Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:27 PM

Learn The Arcgis Software With Ease - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Learn The Arcgis Software With Ease (711 Views)

BEST JAMB PAST QUESTION / Guide : How To Pass Jamb With Ease (score 200+ Made Easy) / Just In: 2017 UTME: JAMB Introduces Remita To Ease Pin Purchase For Registration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Learn The Arcgis Software With Ease by Factism(m): 12:23pm On May 28, 2017
GIS means the Geographic Information system. it is a system that involves accessing, processing, analyzing of remotely sensed data. GIS technology has been used successfully in various fields of life and recently in Agriculture.
Its used in developed world for precision agriculture.
Geographic Information Systems are incredibly helpful in being able to map and project current and future fluctuations in precipitation, temperature, crop output, population census and more.

For example in Agriculture, GIS can analyze soil data combined with historical farming practices to determine what are the best crops to plant, where they should be planted, and how to maintain soil nutrition levels to best benefit the plants.

GIS has the capacity to transform and combine large amounts of data into a data set.

Currently in the area of Agriculture where i specialize in, we have been able to estimate and map erosion rates, classify land suitability in maps,take sample points for soil analysis, monitor crop health and vigour with GIS (ARCGIS Software).

For those intrested in.learning this wonderful Software, feel free to interact with me on.the number in my signature.
Re: Learn The Arcgis Software With Ease by nikaShow(m): 3:57am On Apr 15, 2018
I like this. I think Gis is underutilised in Nigeria.
Re: Learn The Arcgis Software With Ease by emak1991: 2:32pm On Jan 21, 2021
Get d best GIS (Geographic information system) training..u will ive d opportunity to learn different things like NDWI(normalized difference water index),NDVI (Normalized difference vegetation index),Time mapping, 3d mapping, georeferencing,digitizing,Geocoding,watershed delineation, stream extraction, digitizing in google earth, image classification, land cover mapping, land change modeler and celulla automata/Markov chain for land cover forecast/prediction, creation of web map(Qgis2web),map publishing (Qgis cloud),preparation of data,buffering analysis, service area analysis, cost path,location allocation analysis, contour mapping etc..... U will also have d opportunity to use different GIS software's such as ArcGis,Qgis,surfer,idrisi terrset,Global mapper,smartGIS, SAS planet,map puzzle etc... Online training 12k, physical training 40k.call 08106244065..apply GIS to agriculture

(1) (Reply)

. / Issue With Jamb Change Of Course / A Girl Score 9a's In Waec Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.