Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,779 members, 7,802,402 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:46 PM

Could This Be The Highest JAMB Score From Northern Nigeria? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Could This Be The Highest JAMB Score From Northern Nigeria? (11081 Views)

Highest Jamb Score I've Seen So Far / Highest JAMB Score In History Of Nigeria And 2018 / 311 Not The Highest Jamb 2018 Score; A Blogger Scored 337 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Could This Be The Highest JAMB Score From Northern Nigeria? by free2naira: 1:13pm On May 28, 2017
This young man is from Michika in Adamawa State. He started his Sec Sch in Mubi, Adamawa State but was transferred to Joy International College Kaduna after Bokoharam captured Mubi town in 2014. He has scored 321 in 2017 Jamb exams. Could this be the highest score from northern Nigeria? How many more Nigerians out there in NorthEast have Bokoharam terrorism denied them the opportunity of competing and excelling in academics starting from primary sch to sec sch, university and colleges? Anyways congrats to him and wish d best.

4 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Highest JAMB Score From Northern Nigeria? by Cladez(m): 1:17pm On May 28, 2017

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Highest JAMB Score From Northern Nigeria? by Shelloween(m): 1:40pm On May 28, 2017
Na lie
Re: Could This Be The Highest JAMB Score From Northern Nigeria? by Kagarko(m): 2:11pm On May 28, 2017
I don't think it's true.

Because candidates perform poorly in 2017 JAMB.
Re: Could This Be The Highest JAMB Score From Northern Nigeria? by Xsem(m): 3:01pm On May 28, 2017
Excuuuuse me, make I pass
Re: Could This Be The Highest JAMB Score From Northern Nigeria? by sbashir10(m): 3:59pm On May 28, 2017
Name:Maryam Imran
State: Sokoto
School: New Horizons college, Minna Niger State
Jamb Score 340

9 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Highest JAMB Score From Northern Nigeria? by falcon01: 5:31pm On May 28, 2017
Wich kind name be that wuta (fire) shugaba(leader) abraham(ibrahim)

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could This Be The Highest JAMB Score From Northern Nigeria? by NorthernParrot: 6:46pm On May 28, 2017
falcon01:
Wich kind name be that wuta (fire) shugaba(leader) abraham(ibrahim)
Prophet Ibrahim who was leader happened to be subjected into fire. The boy's name has everything to that regard

3 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Highest JAMB Score From Northern Nigeria? by PhilAmadeus: 7:02pm On May 28, 2017
Kagarko:
I don't think it's true.

Because candidates perform poorly in 2017 JAMB.
Are u sure of dis ur fact?

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Highest JAMB Score From Northern Nigeria? by XketchDesigns(m): 7:13pm On May 28, 2017
i dono how you guys are looking at people from the north o.. the funny thing is that most of you that are looking at northerners in a condescending manner probably had 182 in your jamb result o.
it only shows how ignorant you are to title threads and go as far as thinking in this manner.

P.S... theres this example my lecturer used a lot back in the days..
A class of 20 students sat for an exam, 19 of them pass but you failed. what does that mean? yes the exam was a success but for you it was a disaster. now if 19 of them failed and only you passed. that exam is a monumental failure but to you.....

So beacause a boy in a village in anambra who bears emeka and is your blood brother scores 390 in jamb and you scored 180 dont give you the right to brag about it.

8 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Highest JAMB Score From Northern Nigeria? by Misterdhee1(m): 7:16pm On May 28, 2017
XketchDesigns:
i dono how you guys are looking at people from the north o.. the funny thing is that most of you that are looking at northerners in a condecending manner probably had 182 in your jamb result o.
it only shows how ignorant you are to title threads and go as far as thinking in this manner.

there are loads of good as well as bad students both from the north and south and every part of nigeria. the northerners are probably shy of the social media and dont make alot of noise about their accomplishment dont mean say you look down on them.
Seriously, many Nigerians need to travel. The level of ignorance is heartaching.

2 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Highest JAMB Score From Northern Nigeria? by phemmyfour: 7:20pm On May 28, 2017
XketchDesigns:
i dono how you guys are looking at people from the north o.. the funny thing is that most of you that are looking at northerners in a condecending manner probably had 182 in your jamb result o.

there are loads of good as well as bad students both from the north and south and every part of nigeria. the northerners are probably shy of the social media and dont make alot of noise about their accomplishment dont mean say you look down on them.
I served in the North, presently working with Northerners.

Maybe 1 out of 10 is sound academically

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Could This Be The Highest JAMB Score From Northern Nigeria? by XketchDesigns(m): 7:41pm On May 28, 2017
phemmyfour:

The word "academically" is subjective here. Do you know how to speak, read or write in arabic? i am going to take a wild guess and say NO.
safe to say that you are also not sound "academically"

those boys you see around carrying plates and beging for food, a huge amount of them have some portion if not the whole Quran memorized. To them thats academics. academics doesn't have to be a law degree or engineering degree.
A lot of multinational companies in Nigeria employ expats with no higher academics to be bosses of people with masters.

10 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Highest JAMB Score From Northern Nigeria? by xxxtedyxxx(m): 7:42pm On May 28, 2017
Northerners are naturally dull. Education is Haram to them. Only about 10 percent of northerner are literate.

No quote me abeg

2 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Highest JAMB Score From Northern Nigeria? by oldfoolnigger(m): 7:55pm On May 28, 2017
congrats luck one.
Re: Could This Be The Highest JAMB Score From Northern Nigeria? by phemmyfour: 8:09pm On May 28, 2017
XketchDesigns:

The word "academically" is subjective here. Do you know how to speak, read or write in arabic? i am going to take a wild guess and say NO.

those boys you see around carrying plates and beging for food, a huge amount of them have some portion if not the whole Quran memorized. To them thats academics. academics doesn't have to be a law degree or engineering degree.
A lot of multinational companies in Nigeria employ expats with no higher academics to be bosses of people with masters.
Arabic is a language like yoruba, igbo and hausa and its adopted in the North due to religious influence.

It doesn't make them sound in academics. I ve seen Mathematics solved in SW using Yoruba. Explaining some scientific principles in physics using pidgin in the East but you can't boast of the same about the North.

7 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Highest JAMB Score From Northern Nigeria? by Unimaginable123: 8:13pm On May 28, 2017
sbashir10:
Name:Maryam Imran
State: Sokoto
School: New Horizons college, Minna Niger State
Jamb Score 340
not surprised. New Horizons is one of the best secondary schools in Minna owned by sheikh lemu. Though it is viewed as an Islamic school.
Re: Could This Be The Highest JAMB Score From Northern Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:33pm On May 28, 2017
XketchDesigns:

How does memorizing the whole Quran add to the GDP of the country....

6 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Highest JAMB Score From Northern Nigeria? by XketchDesigns(m): 9:02pm On May 28, 2017
phemmyfour:
Arabic is a language like yoruba, igbo and hausa and its adopted in the North due to religious influence.

It doesn't make them sound in academics. I ve seen Mathematics solved in SW using Yoruba. Explaining some scientific principles in physics using pidgin in the East but you can't boast of the same about the North.

so a person with a PHD in Yoruba is not "academiclly" sound?

SonOfAfonja:

It has a moral influence which indirectly influences the GDP. However, the point i was trying to make there was that they are not illiterates as many people ignorantly assume them to be.

2 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Highest JAMB Score From Northern Nigeria? by PhilAmadeus: 9:09pm On May 28, 2017
SonOfAfonja:

Brutality

2 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Highest JAMB Score From Northern Nigeria? by EmmIifechukwude: 9:16pm On May 28, 2017
hmmmmmmm
Re: Could This Be The Highest JAMB Score From Northern Nigeria? by Batifeori: 9:35pm On May 28, 2017
How I wish I am a Northerner. I always wish I am one cos I love them whole-hearthedly. Infact I chose katsina and gusau last year as my school of choice cos I have this believe that "HAUSA NO DEY GO SCHOOL",but to my highest surprise,I was left drooping when I saw them trooping out in thousand(s)for admission screening,with good o'level result and good jamb score. I was denied admission cos they(Northerners)bested me in jamb score and in all ramification. I still chose ABU,zaria this year,with jamb score of 285 to study political science cos I want to be among NORTHERNERs,and become one myself. May Allah help us all.

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Highest JAMB Score From Northern Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:56pm On May 28, 2017
It has a moral influence which indirectly influences the GDP. However, the point i was trying to make there was that they are not illiterates as many people ignorantly assume them to be.[/quote]

Moral influence like, more mosques being built and Mecca is relocated to sokoto so worshippers can troop in droves, cos i don't know how morals came to be in the same sentence as GDP...kindly explain.

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Highest JAMB Score From Northern Nigeria? by begwong: 10:54pm On May 28, 2017
Why not when he has fire (wuta) as surname. That means his head they bring fire nah!
Re: Could This Be The Highest JAMB Score From Northern Nigeria? by fanficgirl(f): 10:57pm On May 28, 2017
XketchDesigns:

so a person with a PHD in Yoruba is not "academiclly" sound?

It has a moral influence which indirectly influences the GDP. However, the point i was trying to make there was that they are not illiterates as many people ignorantly assume them to be.
How does it adds morals and lol what does morals have to do with GDP? A PHD in Yoruba is a lot more comprehensive than just reading and memorizing a script..

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Highest JAMB Score From Northern Nigeria? by malton: 12:19am On May 29, 2017
phemmyfour:

One out of 10?

TF!!!

Do you even know maths?

shocked

1 Like

Re: Could This Be The Highest JAMB Score From Northern Nigeria? by Mcowubaba: 12:39am On May 29, 2017
I don tire for some Nairalanders sha..

Someone is saying that memorizing part of the Quran is equated to being Academically sound or educated grin cheesy

Some kind of comments you see here on Nairaland, makes you marvel.

How can you even compare a PhD in Yoruba language with a good knowledge of Quran undecided, Quran ke undecided

I'm no religious bigot, but let's call a spade a spade....
Having knowledge in Quran has absolutely no reasonable benefit on Nigerian economy

3 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Highest JAMB Score From Northern Nigeria? by malton: 1:00am On May 29, 2017
Mcowubaba:
I don tire for some Nairalanders sha..

Someone is saying that memorizing part of the Quran is equated to being Academically sound or educated grin cheesy

Some kind of comments you see here on Nairaland, makes you marvel.

How can you even compare a PhD in Yoruba language with a good knowledge of Quran undecided, Quran ke undecided

I'm no religious bigot, but let's call a spade a spade....
Having knowledge in Quran has absolutely no reasonable benefit on Nigerian economy

True.

If anything, it brings pain and suffering.

2 Likes

Re: Could This Be The Highest JAMB Score From Northern Nigeria? by Saheed9: 4:39am On May 29, 2017
werey ni Bobo yi sha
Re: Could This Be The Highest JAMB Score From Northern Nigeria? by caesaraba(m): 8:08am On May 29, 2017
Lol. I like how personal under-achievers hide under the cover a whole group to claim superiority in various facets of life. The comments are interesting.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Should I Rewrite Jamb Or Continue Waiting For Admission / Re: Adeyemi College Of Education Post Utme And Admission Process Information Here! Post Utme Date / 50 Best Universities In Nigeria In 2014! [FULL LIST]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.