Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,992 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:49 AM

The Black Dot - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Black Dot (377 Views)

See The Black Snake That Was Killed In My Compounds / What Do You Call The Little Dot Above The Letter "I"? / Who's The Black Person With The Highest Known IQ in the world? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Black Dot by Oleku93(m): 1:49pm On May 28, 2017
One day, Professor John Morgan entered his class and asked his students to prepare for a surprise test. They all waited anxiously at their desks for the exam to begin. John handed out the exams with the text facing down, as usual. Once he handed them all out,he asked the students to turn over the papers. To everyone's surprise, there were no questions - just a black dot in the center of the paper.
The professor, seeing the expression on everyone's faces, told them the following: "I want you to write about what you see there." The students, confused, got started on the inexplicable task. At the end of the class, the professor took all the answer sheets, and started reading each one of them out loud in front of all the students. All of them, with no exception, defined the black dot, trying to explain its position in the center of the sheet.
After all had been read, the classroom was silent.
Professor John Morgan smiled and said: " I'm not going to grade you on this, I just wanted to give you something to think about. I'm surprised that no one wrote about the white part of the paper which is bigger than the black dot. Everyone focused on the black dot - and the same thing happens in our lives. However, we insist on focusing only on the black dot - the health issues that bother us, the lack of money, delayed marriage, exams failure, difficult relationships, loneliness, hardships, disappointment....etc.
The dark spots are very small when compared to everything we have in our lives, but they are the ones that pollute our minds because we give it too much attention. Take your eyes away from the black dots in your lives. Enjoy each one of your blessings, each moment that life gives you. Be happy and live a life filled with love, faith and hope! That's what the white part of life is all about. Enjoy the moment...."
Culled...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Great Ife Students' Union Demands Proper Funding Of Education System / OOU NASS President Die For Accident / Pictures! NANS President Distributes School Materials To Students In The North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.