Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,121 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:29 AM

Ekweremadu: I Only Support Nigeria's Restructuring, Not Biafra Agitation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekweremadu: I Only Support Nigeria's Restructuring, Not Biafra Agitation (2752 Views)

Fani-kayode To El-rufai: Southern Nigeria Wants Restructuring Not Presidency / Yoruba Must Fight For Restructuring, Not 2023 Presidency By Olu Fasan / We Prefer Restructuring, Not Break-up – Ohanaeze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekweremadu: I Only Support Nigeria's Restructuring, Not Biafra Agitation by kahal29: 2:23pm On May 28, 2017
The Senate Deputy President, Ike Ekweremadu has favored the restructuring of Nigeria over the agitation for the republic of Biafra.

According to him, the Ndigbo should not to allow themselves to be provoked into any armed struggle.

“The minimum Ndigbo demand of Nigeria is a restructuring of the federation so that every component part of it can substantially harness its resources, cut its coat according to its cloth, and develop at its own speed.

“Instructively, the ill-fated Aburi Accord was about restructuring, even if it is not exactly as we want it today.

“But it was breached and discarded, plunging the nation into an avoidable fratricidal war. Yet, 50 years after, the need and call for restructuring and return to a true federal state have only persisted.

“Although the call initially fell on deaf ears, it is heartwarming that the right quarters are beginning to listen and the call is gathering traction daily, even from hitherto improbable quarters, “ he said.

He commended Ndigbo for eschewing violence in their struggle for a better deal within the Nigerian commonwealth.

“No matter the intimidation, harassment, and marginalisation of our people, we must never be provoked into an armed struggle. It is an ill wind that blows no one any good.

“But we must consistently continue to say a loud, ‘No!, until we get to the promised land of an equitable and just society. Let no man be tired and let no woman give up. The night may be long, but the day will surely break”, he said.

He urged the Federal Government to seek and sustain peace in all parts of the country through equity, justice, and fairness as “a man that is unjustly treated will never be interested in peace”.

“The rights of Ndigbo to peaceful and democratic engagements must be respected. Those who try to muffle and subdue democratic engagements by citizens are only playing into the hands of anarchists.

“Importantly, the marginalisation meted out to Ndigbo in appointments, especially in the commanding heights of the security sector is unacceptable; and must be redressed”.

https://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/ekweremadu-i-only-support-nigerias-restructuring-not-biafra-agitation.239354/

1 Like

Re: Ekweremadu: I Only Support Nigeria's Restructuring, Not Biafra Agitation by Sunofgod(m): 2:24pm On May 28, 2017
Once that gov't moni stops flowing his way...... he will change his tune!

3 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu: I Only Support Nigeria's Restructuring, Not Biafra Agitation by HoodedCLAWs(m): 2:25pm On May 28, 2017
Thread will give "Unity Beggers" little hope.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu: I Only Support Nigeria's Restructuring, Not Biafra Agitation by Flatties: 2:27pm On May 28, 2017
HoodedCLAWs:

Ike ekweremnadu is the unity beggar. Here..
BTW where is he from?

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu: I Only Support Nigeria's Restructuring, Not Biafra Agitation by softmind24: 2:27pm On May 28, 2017
grin grin grin
Re: Ekweremadu: I Only Support Nigeria's Restructuring, Not Biafra Agitation by RobbStark(m): 2:29pm On May 28, 2017
I only.support the restructuring of Nigeria not Biafra Agitation-------
Ike Ekweremadu(2017)

This is wat afonjas shud be.doing to the liepods....now

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu: I Only Support Nigeria's Restructuring, Not Biafra Agitation by RobbStark(m): 2:29pm On May 28, 2017
I only.support the restructuring of Nigeria not Biafra Agitation------- Ike Ekweremadu(2017)

Liepods, biafra chest beaters. ipob internet warriors over to you. Come and crucify one of your own. Yeye liepods

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu: I Only Support Nigeria's Restructuring, Not Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 2:29pm On May 28, 2017
I support restructuring! This nonsense should have gone with the military in 1999.
Re: Ekweremadu: I Only Support Nigeria's Restructuring, Not Biafra Agitation by PapaNnamdi: 2:30pm On May 28, 2017
Flat head liepods from portor portor Republic

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu: I Only Support Nigeria's Restructuring, Not Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 2:31pm On May 28, 2017
so what did you expect from Nigeria deputy senate President? inwardly he support Biafra i can even swear with my life. And if you think he will open up publicly omoh u are on a long thing.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu: I Only Support Nigeria's Restructuring, Not Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 2:31pm On May 28, 2017
Of course, he publicly swore an oath to protect Nigeria so he is not expected to side any Biafra agitation(publicly), siding restructuring in a United Nigeria is the best he could do and the cry for it cuts across several quarters.
Also, he is positioning himself to becoming Premier of SEastern region following restructuring.grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu: I Only Support Nigeria's Restructuring, Not Biafra Agitation by VanNistelrooy24: 2:31pm On May 28, 2017
Bia, who your support Epp?

1 Like

Re: Ekweremadu: I Only Support Nigeria's Restructuring, Not Biafra Agitation by NwaObinkita: 2:52pm On May 28, 2017
Ekweremadu is a coward. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Ekweremadu: I Only Support Nigeria's Restructuring, Not Biafra Agitation by abouzaid: 3:06pm On May 28, 2017
come 2019,we would tell these selfish igbo leaders who we support with our votes.

1 Like

Re: Ekweremadu: I Only Support Nigeria's Restructuring, Not Biafra Agitation by bukifemi1: 3:15pm On May 28, 2017
Take rope tie the goat and tie the goat with the rope.

All na the same

Ask chinua Achebe

Re: Ekweremadu: I Only Support Nigeria's Restructuring, Not Biafra Agitation by igwebuike01: 3:18pm On May 28, 2017
Biafra agitators also support restructuring, it is the failure to restructure that has made the agitation linger
Re: Ekweremadu: I Only Support Nigeria's Restructuring, Not Biafra Agitation by DocHMD: 3:33pm On May 28, 2017
Ekweremadu we ewedu muslims thank you for not supporting Biafra, you have reduce the level of hypertensive tarchycardia in our populace and saved us from multiplying our IDP camps in ogbomosho and oshogbo by 200 times which would have happened if Biafra comes. Allah bless you.

grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu: I Only Support Nigeria's Restructuring, Not Biafra Agitation by Fleshly: 3:34pm On May 28, 2017
To be Honest EKWEREMADU never said he supported Restructuring over Biafra.

1 Like

Re: Ekweremadu: I Only Support Nigeria's Restructuring, Not Biafra Agitation by Jabioro: 3:37pm On May 28, 2017
HoodedCLAWs:
HoodedCLAWs:
HoodedCLAWs:
Ekeremadu is beneficiary..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu: I Only Support Nigeria's Restructuring, Not Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 3:51pm On May 28, 2017
I can assure you that 70% of igbos want a restructure...

America could have broken into pieces... but the chose to restructure and are better off... with over 300m population..

Ussr decided to break into bits... how are they fairing today?...

China has a strong population and are better off with it.

We only just need to get true federalism and watch everyother things fall into shape..

We need each other more than we need ourselves

The buying power lies with a strong population, the moment we loose, we virtually have nothing to give the world or exchange for whatever they have.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu: I Only Support Nigeria's Restructuring, Not Biafra Agitation by Jesusloveyou: 4:07pm On May 28, 2017
True federalism? yes
Restructuring ?no
Biafra? no

2 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu: I Only Support Nigeria's Restructuring, Not Biafra Agitation by able20(m): 4:15pm On May 28, 2017
NwaObinkita:
Ekweremadu is a coward. embarassed
No. He is a hero, he doesn't think like a layman like you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu: I Only Support Nigeria's Restructuring, Not Biafra Agitation by caleboxylic: 4:19pm On May 28, 2017
kahal29:
The Senate Deputy President, Ike Ekweremadu has favored the restructuring of Nigeria over the agitation for the republic of Biafra.

According to him, the Ndigbo should not to allow themselves to be provoked into any armed struggle.

“The minimum Ndigbo demand of Nigeria is a restructuring of the federation so that every component part of it can substantially harness its resources, cut its coat according to its cloth, and develop at its own speed.

“Instructively, the ill-fated Aburi Accord was about restructuring, even if it is not exactly as we want it today.

“But it was breached and discarded, plunging the nation into an avoidable fratricidal war. Yet, 50 years after, the need and call for restructuring and return to a true federal state have only persisted.

“Although the call initially fell on deaf ears, it is heartwarming that the right quarters are beginning to listen and the call is gathering traction daily, even from hitherto improbable quarters, “ he said.

He commended Ndigbo for eschewing violence in their struggle for a better deal within the Nigerian commonwealth.

“No matter the intimidation, harassment, and marginalisation of our people, we must never be provoked into an armed struggle. It is an ill wind that blows no one any good.

“But we must consistently continue to say a loud, ‘No!, until we get to the promised land of an equitable and just society. Let no man be tired and let no woman give up. The night may be long, but the day will surely break”, he said.

He urged the Federal Government to seek and sustain peace in all parts of the country through equity, justice, and fairness as “a man that is unjustly treated will never be interested in peace”.

“The rights of Ndigbo to peaceful and democratic engagements must be respected. Those who try to muffle and subdue democratic engagements by citizens are only playing into the hands of anarchists.

“Importantly, the marginalisation meted out to Ndigbo in appointments, especially in the commanding heights of the security sector is unacceptable; and must be redressed”.

https://www.nigerianbulletin.com/threads/ekweremadu-i-only-support-nigerias-restructuring-not-biafra-agitation.239354/

Junk. He said the minimum ndi-igbo demand of Nigeria is a restructuring of the federation. What is our maximum demand? Biafra if i must say it.
The deputy senate president only advised the Igbo nation against armed struggle and nothing else against Biafra was said from what I read.

2 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu: I Only Support Nigeria's Restructuring, Not Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 4:41pm On May 28, 2017
then move a motion for restructuring in the house as a deputy SP.

1 Like

Re: Ekweremadu: I Only Support Nigeria's Restructuring, Not Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 4:47pm On May 28, 2017
crazysaint:

so what did you expect from Nigeria deputy senate President? inwardly he support Biafra i can even swear with my life. And if you think he will open up publicly omoh u are on a long thing.

then he is a coward. if an igbo man in his position can not champion the course of Biafra and you expect a yoruba man to declare Biafra for you is that not madness?

10 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu: I Only Support Nigeria's Restructuring, Not Biafra Agitation by Basic123: 4:48pm On May 28, 2017
schoolboij:

then he is a coward. if an igbo man in his position can not champion the course of Biafra and you expect a yoruba man to declare Biafra for you is that not madness?
...very thick madness

5 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu: I Only Support Nigeria's Restructuring, Not Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 4:49pm On May 28, 2017
Funnicator:
Of course, he publicly swore an oath to protect Nigeria so he is not expected to side any Biafra agitation(publicly), siding restructuring in a United Nigeria is the best he could do and the cry for it cuts across several quarters.
Also, he is positioning himself to becoming Premier of SEastern region following restructuring.grin

then why are you people blaming buhari and yoruba for not letting you go? a deputy senate President can not openly support Biafra and you blame buhari and yoruba for holding you down.

10 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu: I Only Support Nigeria's Restructuring, Not Biafra Agitation by aribisala0(m): 4:51pm On May 28, 2017
bukifemi1:

Take rope tie the goat and tie the goat with the rope.

All na the same

Ask chinua Achebe

Better ask the goat

2 Likes

Re: Ekweremadu: I Only Support Nigeria's Restructuring, Not Biafra Agitation by Basic123: 4:51pm On May 28, 2017
I dont take this Nigerian jews serious.

What they could have easily achieved when they wield so much power under GEJ.The biafrans are more or less like The one ruling the country then.

GEJ just used and dumped those guys.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ekweremadu: I Only Support Nigeria's Restructuring, Not Biafra Agitation by Basic123: 4:53pm On May 28, 2017
schoolboij:

then why are you people blaming buhari and yoruba for not letting you go? a deputy senate President can not openly support Biafra and you blame buhari and yoruba for holding you down.
....that is why I believe those people that always say they are persecutorily deluded.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekweremadu: I Only Support Nigeria's Restructuring, Not Biafra Agitation by Jesusloveyou: 5:00pm On May 28, 2017
schoolboij:
then move a motion for restructuring in the house as a deputy SP.
he said they will consistently continue to say a loud NO.
But he never think of vacating his seat,
So that we can take him serious.

1 Like

Re: Ekweremadu: I Only Support Nigeria's Restructuring, Not Biafra Agitation by enemybulldozer(m): 5:05pm On May 28, 2017
RobbStark:
I only.support the restructuring of Nigeria not Biafra Agitation-------
Ike Ekweremadu(2017)

Liepods, biafra chest beaters. ipob internet warriors over to you.
Come and crucify one of your own.
Yeye liepods
Where is your brain?? so you expect ike ekweremmadu to support biafra openly just like that?? chai common sense is not just common.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gov. Fayose Resist The Welcoming Of PMB To Ekiti And Quoted Bible / Atiku: About 350 Support Groups Promise 35million Votes / BREAKING: Ekiti PDP Senator, Olujimi Wins Appeal Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.