Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,521 members, 7,801,419 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:58 PM

Welcome To The Republic Of Wazobia - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Welcome To The Republic Of Wazobia (1758 Views)

Amaechi On 94.1FM Wazobia In Port Harcourt (photos) / Dokpesi Demands Solitary Confinement Against Assasination Plot By Tinubu-Wazobia / Why NAFDAC Shuts Down Chocolat Royal, Cool, Wazobia FM Chairman On The Run (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Welcome To The Republic Of Wazobia by flashgeek: 5:05pm On Jan 16, 2010
A revolution has just taken place and all the corrupt leaders in the old Nigeria government has been arrested and executed while their assets have been seized by the state. The leader of the revolution is unanimously appointed as the new president.

In a bid to jump start the nation’s image and it economy ,the new leader changes the name of the country from Nigeria to Wazobia.

Nigeria is the name to given to us by the British colonialists to sum up their west African experiment.The name does not represent the people of the nation. WAZOBIA on the other hand sums up the 3 major tribes of the nation.

WA -Yoruba
ZO  - Hausa
BIA – Igbo

The nation’s flag is changed as well as the national anthem, the coat of arms and the flag. A new independence day is declared. A new currency is initiated to replace the old one. The exchange rate will be 1 to 1 against the dollar.

Half of the country’s revenue for the next 3 years will be dedicated to fixing the nation’s power problem.

Solar farms will be constructed in the all parts of the country

Wind farms will be constructed in all parts of the country as well as off the coast of the Southern part.

Mini Nuclear plants will be commissioned in remote areas

Ocean undercurrent hydro plants will also be commissioned in the south.

3 mega nuclear plants will be commissioned in conjunction with Sasol South Africa. These plants will be located in the most remote part of the northern deserts. Foreign power companies will be contracted to manage these power plants. Access to these plants will be highly restricted to avoid any security breach.

The “pay as you go” system will be applied to all power consumers in the nation. Each province will be provided powered individually by sub contracted power companies.

New laws are set up to deal with crime.

The SSS is shut down and a new intelligence agency known as “D6”  is established.

A new security agency called the “Presidential Guards” (PGs) is established. Their primary role is to secure the president at all times.

The EFCC is shut down.

A new body known as the “Special Investigation Bureau” (SIB) is set up to tackle high level investigations. The SIB agents will be nicknamed “Cobras”

A new agency known as the “financial Intelligence Agency” (FIA) will be set up to investigate suspicious financial transactions within the government and in the private sectors.

A new agency known as the “Environmental Preservation Bureau” (EPB) will be set up to investigate pollution caused by oil companies and other industries all over Nigeria. Under this agency a policing group will be set up know as the “Environmental Police” (EPs).Their job will be to inspect private homes ,offices ,warehouses, factories to ensure that they are clean and contributing positively to the environment. Anyone who breaks any of the environmental laws set up will receive hefty fines or even serve a jail term.

A new body known as the Anti Cyber Crimes Bureau (ACCB) is set up to deal with cyber crimes.

A new agency known as the “Population Control Agency” (PCA)will be establlished to create ideas and laws on how to curb the nation’s population. Population growth tends to pose a big threat to economic stability of the country. Many citizens give birth to kids that they cannot take care of. Harsh laws need to be made to stop this trend.

The senate and the house of reps will be desolved to be replaced by the :

The House of Assembly will now be known as the “Wazobian Congress”

The Senate will now become the “Law Makers Council” and the Senators will now be knows as Law Makers. Each province will have only 2 Law Makers. Law makers will be selected by the president instead of being elected.
The House of Representatives will now become the “Constituency council”.

All ministries will now become departments to headed by secretaries. New (ministries) departments will be created to deal with certain issues.

Department of  National Advance Planning
Department of  Education
Department of  Agriculture
Department of  Home Affairs
Department of  Immigration Affairs
Department of  Energy
Department of  Petroleum
Department of  Religious Affairs
Department of  Commerce and Industry
Department of  Labour
Department of  National Records
Department of  Environmental  Preservation
Department of  Tourism
Department of  Employment & Skills development
Department of  Mining
Department of  Police Affairs
Department of  Defence
Department of  Structural Development
Department of  Aviation
Department of  Transportation
Department of  Justice
Department of  Health
Department of  Innovations
Department of  Information Technology
Department of  Science
Department of  Social Welfare
Department of  Sports and Recreation
Department of  Treasury
Department of  Foreign Affairs

States will be converted to provinces, efforts will be made to reduce the size of each state government thereby facilitating easy monitoring and transparency. State governments will now function as companies instead of a governmental structure. This is necessary to reduce the power of “governors who will now be know as Provincial directors. Provincial directors will not be elected but selected. Adverts will be placed in newspapers countrywide and worldwide. The position of provincial director will be advertised.

10 applicants will be short listed and asked to submit a detailed plan of how they can turn the province around should they be offered the job. The best candidate regardless of nationality will be selected.

The treasurer of each province must receive authorization from the president before any funds are released.

The state government will now become a “firm” to be managed by professionals.
Certain names will change:

State Government = Provincial Management Authority

State Governor = Provincial Director

State Senate/parliament = Provincial Law Makers Council

Local Government = Municipality Management Board

Local Government Chairman = Municipality Manager
Re: Welcome To The Republic Of Wazobia by Beaf: 5:08pm On Jan 16, 2010
The ND immediately opts out of wazobia. angry
Re: Welcome To The Republic Of Wazobia by ezeagu(m): 5:16pm On Jan 16, 2010
| grin |
Re: Welcome To The Republic Of Wazobia by flashgeek: 5:17pm On Jan 16, 2010
Beaf:

The ND immediately opts out of wazobia. angry

And why would you say that? Do you have an alternative name?

Remember the country is not splitting just re-branding to give it a fresh image.
Re: Welcome To The Republic Of Wazobia by Ighofakpo: 5:18pm On Jan 16, 2010
UTOPIA, or a really bad dream or another Orkar vision, tufiakwa,
Re: Welcome To The Republic Of Wazobia by Ighofakpo: 5:21pm On Jan 16, 2010
WAZOBIA denotes the arrogance of the Yoruba, Hausa and Ibo majority over the other minor tribes, pls be more creative and let the rebranding be seen to be fair and just.
Re: Welcome To The Republic Of Wazobia by sjeezy8: 5:34pm On Jan 16, 2010
Wazobia or Nazobia I dont care just make sure that Oil is being lifted, and natural resources ar being exploited.

Igbo president , hausa president, yoruba president, urhobo president, nupe, kanuri, efik

Money is what im thinking about. thats all i care about
Re: Welcome To The Republic Of Wazobia by flashgeek: 5:36pm On Jan 16, 2010
Ighofakpo:

WAZOBIA denotes the arrogance of the Yoruba, Hausa and Ibo majority over the other minor tribes, pls be more creative and let the rebranding be seen to be fair and just.

There is absolutely no need for insults. Why is it that we Nigerians can not have a civil argument without first trying to prove that we are good at insulting other people. I have asked you to suggest a name if you have one so stop ranting and suggest a name.

If a leader takes over today and changes the name of Nigeria to Wazobia there is nothing anybody will do about it but to accept it so stop acting like you are going to pick up an AK-47 and fight over a name.

You are busy complaining about a name but have not even considered what the new government will offer Wazobians. The name is not as relevant as service delivery.
Re: Welcome To The Republic Of Wazobia by Beaf: 5:38pm On Jan 16, 2010
^
You started from a position of arrogance (and I'm only avoiding harsher words). So what do you expect?
Re: Welcome To The Republic Of Wazobia by flashgeek: 5:44pm On Jan 16, 2010
sjeezy8:

Wazobia or Nazobia I dont care just make sure that Oil is being lifted, and natural resources ar being exploited.

Igbo president , hausa president, yoruba president, urhobo president, nupe, kanuri, efik

Money is what im thinking about. thats all i care about

Exactly, the name Wazobia is a name that most Nigerians relate to. That name has been used by Nigerians for as long as I can remember, it does not mean that other minor tribes are ignored. It is stupid to suggest that the country’s name should contain 225 tribal words. Even the name Niger Delta is an English name not an ijaw or ishekiri name but the ijaws refer to themselves as Niger deltans so I wonder why some are now complaining that wazobia is not a suitable name. Wazobia is one that has always united us and I think we need to forget our tribal differences and embrace unity for prosperity.

Only a party pooper will be clamouring for the opposite.

Instead of people looking forward to prosperity they are busy complaining about names.
Re: Welcome To The Republic Of Wazobia by sjeezy8: 5:46pm On Jan 16, 2010
yes unity to all make money and be happy its possible.
Re: Welcome To The Republic Of Wazobia by flashgeek: 5:49pm On Jan 16, 2010
Beaf:

^
You started from a position of arrogance (and I'm only avoiding harsher words). So what do you expect?

You don’t know the meaning of the word “arrogance” and you definitely do not know how to read. Maybe you are blind and you cannot see where I indicated that wazobia is a word that is derived from the 3 “MAJOR” tribes of Nigeria. I did not say all the tribes of Nigeria. You NDs should not forget that you are not the only small tribe in Nigeria , there are many smaller tribes in west ,in the east and in the north but the major tribes are 3.

Argue like an educated person and leave your tribal issues. This is not a debate about tribes but about saving a wounded nation.

That is the idiotic mentality that has ruined Niegria. Instead of people creating ideas that will better the lives of the people they are busy campaigning to create more state so that small village can become a state. Until we stop this tribal obsession, Nigeria will not move forward.

As big as the United states is ,they only have 50 states but ,Nigeria that is roughly the size of Texas has over 30 states, shows how dumb we are as a people.

1 Like

Re: Welcome To The Republic Of Wazobia by Beaf: 5:55pm On Jan 16, 2010
flashgeek:

You don’t know the meaning of the word “arrogance” and you definitely do not know how to read. Maybe you are blind and you cannot see where I indicated that wazobia is a word that is derived from the 3 “MAJOR” tribes of Nigeria. I did not say all the tribes of Nigeria. You NDs should not forget that you are not the only small tribe in Nigeria , there are many smaller tribes in west ,in the east and in the north but the major tribes are 3.

Argue like an educated person and leave your tribal issues. This is not a debate about tribes but about saving a wounded nation.

That is the idiotic mentality that has ruined Niegria. Instead of people creating ideas that will better the lives of the people they are busy campaigning to create more state so that small village can become a state. Until we stop this tribal obsession, Nigeria will not move forward.

As big as the United states is ,they only 50 states but ,Nigeria that is roughly the size of Texas has over 30 states, show how dumb we are as a people.

So, make your country excusively out of Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba. that will show that you aren't dumb. grin grin
PS - ND is not a tribe (I would love to inject the words, ignorant oaf here, but like a gentleman, I desist  grin grin)
Re: Welcome To The Republic Of Wazobia by flashgeek: 6:00pm On Jan 16, 2010
Beaf:

So, make your country excusively out of Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba. that will show that you aren't dumb. grin grin

I have seen some of your comments from other threads so I won’t even bother myself with you. You don’t have any progressive thoughts, your have regressive thoughts and you are no different from the “tribalists” on the other threads. Please ignore us here as we are not interested in tribes on this thread but in the people of Nigeria as a whole.
Re: Welcome To The Republic Of Wazobia by flashgeek: 6:04pm On Jan 16, 2010
Beaf:

PS - ND is not a tribe (I would love to inject the words, ignorant oaf here, but like a gentleman, I desist  grin grin)

When progressive minded people come here to make comments that will push our nation forward , some brainwashed individuals will venture into the thread to derail it into a tribal e-fest. So unfortunate if this is what the youths of today have become. Where is our loyalty to the great nation? Inferiority complex breeds fear. Go figure.
Re: Welcome To The Republic Of Wazobia by Beaf: 6:11pm On Jan 16, 2010
^
Your thread [size=14pt]died [/size] as soon as you mentioned wazobia. I won't bother prolonging any arguments with you, I'll just sit and watch gleefully as this thread sinks like a stone. cool
Re: Welcome To The Republic Of Wazobia by flashgeek: 6:23pm On Jan 16, 2010
Beaf:

^
Your thread [size=14pt]died [/size] as soon as you mentioned wazobia. I won't bother prolonging any arguments with you, I'll just sit and watch gleefully as this thread sinks like a stone. cool

If dying means no tribalists then so be it,Like i always say : Most Nigerians are educated but not intelligent.

By the way your attention is need here :

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-370530.0.html
Re: Welcome To The Republic Of Wazobia by flashgeek: 6:37pm On Jan 16, 2010
The police force needs to be reformed to ensure transparency and efficiency .With the high population that Wazobia currently has security is an issue that needs to be seriously addressed.

Wazobia will have the following Policing bodies :

Federal Police  - Wazobian Police Service (waps)
Traffic Police - Wazobian Metro Police (WMP)
Provincial Police - Eko Provincial Police  (EPP)
Environmental Police - Environmental Police Service (EPS)

Cobras (Anti – corruption police under the SIB-Special investigation bureau)
CPU    (Cyber Police Unit under the Anti Cyber Crime Bureau)
AFU    (Asset Forfeiture Unit under the SIB)

The officers belonging to this body will receive very commendable salaries to ensure satisfaction amongst the work force and eliminate the temptation for bribery and corruption.
Re: Welcome To The Republic Of Wazobia by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jan 16, 2010
Poster ur dream is few days from fulfilment.

Wazobia or not a new nation would come out this old corrupt one.
Re: Welcome To The Republic Of Wazobia by flashgeek: 7:08pm On Jan 16, 2010
Xavier.:

Poster your dream is few days from fulfilment.

Wazobia or not a new nation would come out this old corrupt one.

Thank you , yes that is the spirit.One love
Re: Welcome To The Republic Of Wazobia by Onlytruth(m): 7:16pm On Jan 16, 2010
[b]flashgeek = EmperorOlu grin [/b]lmao!
Stop insulting people!
WTF angry
Re: Welcome To The Republic Of Wazobia by AndreUweh(m): 7:34pm On Jan 16, 2010
Emperolu, how far na?. All man no see ya brakelight again. Wetin happen, abi Kosovo ban you?.
Re: Welcome To The Republic Of Wazobia by WilyWily7: 11:48pm On Jan 16, 2010
EmperorOlu is now a Christain Convert, he confessed his Sins and God don forgive him.
His Christain name nay Pastor Flashgeek.
He is the new Leader and Prophet administering the Evangelical Church of Oduduwa Peoples Congress Aladura, South Africa.
Re: Welcome To The Republic Of Wazobia by SapeleGuy: 3:40am On Jan 17, 2010
Good bye to the rejected republic of wazobia.
Re: Welcome To The Republic Of Wazobia by OAM4J: 7:56am On Jan 17, 2010
Interesting!
Re: Welcome To The Republic Of Wazobia by flashgeek: 12:37pm On Jan 17, 2010
SapeleGuy:

Good bye to the rejected republic of wazobia.

Speak for yourself

Wily*Wily:

EmperorOlu is now a Christain Convert, he confessed his Sins and God don forgive him.
His Christain name nay Pastor Flashgeek.
He is the new Leader and Prophet administering the Evangelical Church of Oduduwa Peoples Congress Aladura, South Africa.

U know say u no well.This your hatred of yoruba people go just eat u up.No dey yarn like small pikin

Andre Uweh:

Emperolu, how far na?. All man no see ya brakelight again. Wetin happen, abi Kosovo ban you?.

Spot on ,dey say dey no want make i whip fake professor mekus again

Onlytruth:

[b]flashgeek = EmperorOlu grin [/b]lmao!
Stop insulting people!
WTF angry

U want fight me for 2010 you no dey tire
Re: Welcome To The Republic Of Wazobia by ElRazur: 12:39pm On Jan 17, 2010
If memory serves me right, Wazobia was meant to be a language of some kind been put together in the late 80s and 90s.
Re: Welcome To The Republic Of Wazobia by formunt(m): 12:49pm On Jan 17, 2010
A Ministry should be created to try Babamgida from youth to present of killing and double deal
s
Re: Welcome To The Republic Of Wazobia by nethacker(m): 5:02am On Jan 25, 2010
OAM4J:

Interesting!
@OAM4J we need to yarn,

[sub][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][sub][sub][sub][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt][size=8pt]hit me up on my YIM val2rhyme@yahoo.com[/size][/size][/size][/size][/sub][/sub][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/sub][/sub]

(1) (Reply)

Donald Duke: How Elections Are Rigged / Lagos Needs N7trn For Infrastructural Devt- Akabueze (igbo Commissioner) / Pictorial Population Of Igbos That Voted Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.