Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,879 members, 7,802,843 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:03 PM

Five Dashboard Signs On Your Vehicle That Needs Instant Attention. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Five Dashboard Signs On Your Vehicle That Needs Instant Attention. (23294 Views)

Mysterious Signs On River Niger Bridge…..what Are They? / See The 3D Printed Electric Vehicle That Has Only 57 Parts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Dashboard Signs On Your Vehicle That Needs Instant Attention. by luvinhubby(m): 9:11pm On May 28, 2017
When any of these lights pop up on your dashboard, better advised to discontinue your journey and attend to it immediately.

1, OIL LIGHT - This light indicates a low oil level or a poor or non circulation of oil in your engine occasioned by faulty oil pumps most times. Ignoring this light can lead to an engine knock.

2, BATTERY LIGHT - This light signifies low battery voltage occasioned most times by a dysfunctional alternator and if ignored will lead to battery run down which will ground most automatic vehicles immediately.

3, ENGINE COOLANT TEMPERATURE SIGN - Indicated by a thermometer sign dipped in water. This signs indicates above normal engine temperature caused by coolant leakage, failed radiator fan or water pump with belt. If ignored, can roast cylinder head gaskets, which can be expensive to replace after grounding the vehicle immediately.

4, TRANSMISSION COOLANT TEMPERATURE - Sometimes appears as TCS light or similar to engine coolant sign, indicates an above normal gear or transmission temperature caused by low or dirty transmission fluid, which if not attended to, can instantly ground the gearbox.

5, BRAKE LIGHTS - A red hyphen(!) sign inside a circle indicates brake issues caused by low fluid level among others. Brake failures are better imagined than experienced, attend to it immediately.

Note - Other dashboard signs are equally important and should be attended to as soon as possible, these are just ones that require instant attention.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Five Dashboard Signs On Your Vehicle That Needs Instant Attention. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:53pm On May 28, 2017
1 warning sign I don't like cheesy

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Dashboard Signs On Your Vehicle That Needs Instant Attention. by Nobody: 11:19pm On May 28, 2017
Nice one. No1 and 5 fear me pass.
Some people no dey even look their dashboard, the thing fit dey show them say driver's door dey open _they won't even notice.

They'll just be speeding, with their music that's louder than 40:40 own, totally oblivious of every...Later they'll blame innocent village people that are not even aware they have car sef.

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Five Dashboard Signs On Your Vehicle That Needs Instant Attention. by AHCB: 11:35pm On May 28, 2017
PaperLace:
Some people no dey even look their dashboard, the thing fit dey show them say driver's door dey open _they won't even notice.

They'll just be speeding, with their music that's louder than 40:40 own, totally oblivious of every...Later they'll blame innocent village people that are not even aware they have car sef.
Has anyone ever told you you talk too much?

10 Likes

Re: Five Dashboard Signs On Your Vehicle That Needs Instant Attention. by Nobody: 11:43pm On May 28, 2017
AHCB:
Type you mean? I'm aware. Has anyone ever told you to mind your business more? Trust me, it pays. wink

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Five Dashboard Signs On Your Vehicle That Needs Instant Attention. by AHCB: 5:51am On May 29, 2017
PaperLace:

Type you mean? I'm aware. Has anyone ever told you to mind your business more? Trust me, it pays. wink
Been told countless time, trust me, it's why I'm very knowledgeable. Beside, this is cyber space, no such thing as 'minding one's business'. tongue

1 Like

Re: Five Dashboard Signs On Your Vehicle That Needs Instant Attention. by Nobody: 6:14am On May 29, 2017
AHCB:
Been told countless time, trust me, it's why I'm very knowledgeable. Beside, this is cyber space, no such thing as 'minding one's business'. tongue

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5400138_img20170522022826_jpegc6b9999cb2b4d383a40430c8ab39b1ce

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Dashboard Signs On Your Vehicle That Needs Instant Attention. by AHCB: 6:45am On May 29, 2017
Re: Five Dashboard Signs On Your Vehicle That Needs Instant Attention. by luvinhubby(m): 6:52am On May 29, 2017
PaperLace:

I know people, women mostly, who drive year to year without glancing on their dashboard. cheesy
The only needle that trouble them is the fuel level needle.

14 Likes

Re: Five Dashboard Signs On Your Vehicle That Needs Instant Attention. by Emyo(m): 7:10am On May 29, 2017
H

1 Like

Re: Five Dashboard Signs On Your Vehicle That Needs Instant Attention. by generaluthman: 7:10am On May 29, 2017
Oh!!!
Re: Five Dashboard Signs On Your Vehicle That Needs Instant Attention. by Ezedon(m): 7:13am On May 29, 2017
noted
Re: Five Dashboard Signs On Your Vehicle That Needs Instant Attention. by madgoat(m): 7:13am On May 29, 2017
sad sad sad sad
Re: Five Dashboard Signs On Your Vehicle That Needs Instant Attention. by onlymase(m): 7:13am On May 29, 2017
Makeup Artist in Benin City
DeQueensTouch
https://www.facebook.com/DeQueensTouch/
Re: Five Dashboard Signs On Your Vehicle That Needs Instant Attention. by izzy4shizzy(m): 7:15am On May 29, 2017
Re: Five Dashboard Signs On Your Vehicle That Needs Instant Attention. by Adesiji77: 7:15am On May 29, 2017
luvinhubby:

I know people, women mostly, who drive year to year without glancing on their dashboard. cheesy
cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: Five Dashboard Signs On Your Vehicle That Needs Instant Attention. by crazyABO(m): 7:16am On May 29, 2017
We that are still using leggedies benz nko cry
Re: Five Dashboard Signs On Your Vehicle That Needs Instant Attention. by gradeA(m): 7:18am On May 29, 2017
AHCB:

No such thing as talking (typing) too much too.
it's cyberspace, that we already know.

1 Like

Re: Five Dashboard Signs On Your Vehicle That Needs Instant Attention. by wunmi590(m): 7:19am On May 29, 2017
In as much that I also celebrate with my Nigerian brothers to celebrate today, but we still need to think back.

What is there to celebrate?

What is there to celebrate when graduates who their parents struggled to send to school cannot get job, to be able to put food on the table of their parents.

What is their celebrate when the epileptic power supply in the country at present is killing the dreams of small scale entrepreneurs.

What is there to celebrate, when people are dieing of hunger everyday.

What is there to celebrate, when people want to leave the giant of Africa to even the worst African country just to survive.

What is there to celebrate when the product of 5naira has increased to 100naira, and the present minimum wage still remain the same.

What is there to celebrate when our roads is still in shambles

What is there to celebrate when our political leaders loot public funds, and invest it only on their present and unborn generations yet to come.

What is there to celebrate when we have godfatherrism in our politics

What is there to celebrate, when a graduate is earning 20k as a salary per month.

What is there to celebrate when a whole president budget billions for medical trip abroad, when our hospitals in Nigeria is nothing to write home about.

What is there to celebrate when our forces kill innocent Nigerians, without justice taking its place.

What is there to celebrate when you can't even work freely in your own country.

I guess its now time to stand up and be counted.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Five Dashboard Signs On Your Vehicle That Needs Instant Attention. by EagleScribes: 7:20am On May 29, 2017
The engine oil indicator is a big concern to me. I saw it and then serviced my car engine and even changed the filter, but the indicator is still on.
Auto mechanics have succeeded in get some good chunks of money from me, but no difference.
Please what else should I do?
Re: Five Dashboard Signs On Your Vehicle That Needs Instant Attention. by luvinhubby(m): 7:22am On May 29, 2017
crazyABO:
We that are still using leggedies benz nko cry

Not to worry, you will get there. Keep the knowledge, it will come handy one day.
Re: Five Dashboard Signs On Your Vehicle That Needs Instant Attention. by crazyABO(m): 7:27am On May 29, 2017
luvinhubby:

Not to worry, you will get there. Keep the knowledge, it will come handy one day.
na so bro wink thanks bruh everything go better one day grin
Re: Five Dashboard Signs On Your Vehicle That Needs Instant Attention. by Dottore: 7:28am On May 29, 2017
Ok
Re: Five Dashboard Signs On Your Vehicle That Needs Instant Attention. by davodyguy: 7:29am On May 29, 2017
What about MIL?
Re: Five Dashboard Signs On Your Vehicle That Needs Instant Attention. by Nobody: 7:31am On May 29, 2017
luvinhubby:

I saw that coming. grin
I am greatly troubled by that fuel level needle, greatly troubled...
Nothing sexy about jogging to the nearest filling station with one dirty 'gallon'.

3 Likes

Re: Five Dashboard Signs On Your Vehicle That Needs Instant Attention. by spawnx: 7:31am On May 29, 2017
EagleScribes:
The engine oil indicator is a big concern to me. I saw it and then serviced my car engine and even changed the filter, but the indicator is still on.
Auto mechanics have succeeded in get some good chunks of money from me, but no difference.
Please what else should I do?

Change your oil pump

1 Like

Re: Five Dashboard Signs On Your Vehicle That Needs Instant Attention. by cbngov01(m): 7:35am On May 29, 2017
AHCB:

Chai!!! This is fatality,brutality and banality combined!

1 Like

Re: Five Dashboard Signs On Your Vehicle That Needs Instant Attention. by LadiIshola(m): 7:46am On May 29, 2017
AHCB:
well this is quite stup!d, rash and immature. How can you just attack people unnecessarily just cos they expressed their opinions online.
Its pretty obvious you have several problems and you think cyber-bullying will help you solve them. No! you need serious therapy.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jamaica To Order Vehicles From Nigerian Manufacturer, INNOSON / Which Of These Cars Did Your Dad Use? (Picture) / Five New Cars To Buy In 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.