Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,245 members, 7,807,827 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:05 PM

If You Have 5 Of These 7 Qualities, You Are Good To Start A Business - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Have 5 Of These 7 Qualities, You Are Good To Start A Business (38532 Views)

I Have 5 Million Naira. Please Advice On A Great Business To Do / These 7 Freelancing Skills Can Make You A Millionaire On Fiverr / ”I Started My Business With N5,000, I Now Have 5 Bedroom Mansion In Lagos"- Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Have 5 Of These 7 Qualities, You Are Good To Start A Business by importexpert(m): 9:54pm On May 28, 2017
Do you feel like you are your own biggest critic? Have you ever thought you were the one holding yourself back? Take comfort in knowing that you are not alone in this situation. Everyone once felt like that and many will still feel this way. That “holding back” is like a brake that has been graciously installed in us to help us to think twice before taking an action. Sadly, many people end up never lifting their legs off the brakes.

This can also happen to you to whenever you think of starting a business. Many just believe they cannot start a business, talk more of successfully running one. This is why I emphasize that the business person is more important than the business. The business takes its cue from who runs. So, if you have ever doubted too if you could start a business, here is a quick check you can run on yourself.

1. Vision: Vision is the ability to spot opportunities. It is the ability to see new angles to a situation. What can you see when a situation unfolds before you? For instance, if the government bans motorcycles and replaces it with tricycles, do you complain about the change or you see an opportunity to make money from it? Vision is what you can in the midst of confusion and happenings that you do not like. It is what will position you to gain from a situation that could have been a disadvantage to you.

2. Passion: Passion is what holds your attention. Now, everyone has passion. There is something that gets your attention and which can keep it for hours without you keeping track of time. There are people who lead passionless life. They can’t seem to find what drives them. You need to identify what is yours. Once you do, you will naturally leave the class of people who struggle to get things done because it will become fun to you.

3. Persistence: This is determination and patience all rolled in to one. Have you ever been faced with a problem that you refused to quit till you solved it? If yes, congrats! You have persistence to keep going irrespective of the hurdles that come your way. Persistence does not see quitting as an option because it intends to meets the set goal. Life is full of ups and downs. Same with your career and relationships. Business is not any different. There will be hurdles in your way, but t is persistence that will keep you moving.

4. Planning: After you have developed your vision, you need to plan. Don’t just envision goals and then go to sleep. If you do, what you have is wishful thinking and not a vision. Real vision will make you want to plan and work to see it come true. So, are you good with planning? Can you break down what looks like a huge task into tiny pieces and then handle them bit by bit? This is where you develop the methods and action points to achieve the vision. Careful planning will ensure that your vision will become a success.

5. Confidence: This is a natural result of having done the above. Admit it: don’t you just feel nervous about something that you didn’t prepare for? That feeling of inadequacy comes because you have not planned in advance for it. Once you do, you need to believe in yourself and in your goal. Believe that your goal is possible and believe in yourself that you have something valuable to offer..

6. Risk-taking: Once someone hears about taking risk, the person shrinks on the inside. We have been conditioned to believe that taking risks is dangerous. But you take plenty risks every single day without ever considering that you are taking a risk. The idea of taking a risk is not necessarily that something will fail. The real picture is that what you are about to do has a chance of success and failure. Many times, the chance to succeed can be far greater than the tendency to fail. This is possible if you have done all of the above.

7. Knowledge-seeker: Being a curious person is a gift. It is what propels one towards learning and discovery. To be successful, knowledge is indispensable. You need to absorb knowledge like a sponge. Be willing to read books. You need to be willing to ask questions from those who have been in it before you. No man is an island. No man is self-made. We all draw insight and inspiration from others to build our own ideas.

So, here are seven most crucial qualities that anybody that wants to start a business should have. And this business does not mean you should quit your job immediately, it can be a business that operates side by side with your job. If you have four of these qualities, you should start thinking of owning a business. If you have five of these, you are doing great! On the other hand, if you have more than five, don’t allow your potentials lie fallow. Business is beautiful. The opportunities that are before you are completely limitless.

You Can See How I Started My Affiliate Marketing Business And Made Over N225, 000 in just A week At www.affiliatejagaban.com/p/jagaban.html

37 Likes 7 Shares

Re: If You Have 5 Of These 7 Qualities, You Are Good To Start A Business by importexpert(m): 9:54pm On May 28, 2017
for all those with the affiliate jagaban guide, the last batch of the mail have been sent today. make sure you check your mail to be part of the members only whatsapp group.
Re: If You Have 5 Of These 7 Qualities, You Are Good To Start A Business by brunofarad(m): 4:56pm On May 29, 2017
You also gats to have the courage , cos that initial period your doubts will even be talking to you ,are u sure this will work out ?

But the passion and courage will keep you moving

2 Likes

Re: If You Have 5 Of These 7 Qualities, You Are Good To Start A Business by omusiliyu(m): 4:56pm On May 29, 2017
that's nice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Have 5 Of These 7 Qualities, You Are Good To Start A Business by Adonike(m): 4:57pm On May 29, 2017
I know of a man that has all these and is still looking for a local government's white collar job.

4 Likes

Re: If You Have 5 Of These 7 Qualities, You Are Good To Start A Business by Boladapor: 4:58pm On May 29, 2017
True......and never look down on or underestimate urself.
Start from somewhere!
Re: If You Have 5 Of These 7 Qualities, You Are Good To Start A Business by veekid(m): 4:58pm On May 29, 2017
In this recession?

1 Like

Re: If You Have 5 Of These 7 Qualities, You Are Good To Start A Business by SeniorZato(m): 4:59pm On May 29, 2017
FCT
Re: If You Have 5 Of These 7 Qualities, You Are Good To Start A Business by Rosheal(m): 5:01pm On May 29, 2017
Knowledge acquired
Re: If You Have 5 Of These 7 Qualities, You Are Good To Start A Business by sirwalex77(m): 5:02pm On May 29, 2017
cool
Re: If You Have 5 Of These 7 Qualities, You Are Good To Start A Business by importexpert(m): 5:03pm On May 29, 2017
Adonike:
I know of a man that has all these and is still looking for a local government's white collar job.

his destiny is heading for the muds

1 Like

Re: If You Have 5 Of These 7 Qualities, You Are Good To Start A Business by importexpert(m): 5:04pm On May 29, 2017
Boladapor:
True......and never look down on or underestimate urself.
Start from somewhere!

well said bro
Re: If You Have 5 Of These 7 Qualities, You Are Good To Start A Business by lanre4411(m): 5:05pm On May 29, 2017
Adonike:

that man needs CAPITAL I think so

2 Likes

Re: If You Have 5 Of These 7 Qualities, You Are Good To Start A Business by Nobody: 5:06pm On May 29, 2017
So many sadists will try to discourage you especially if your idea is totally new and they can't see it working, they will carry your matter on their head as if your success or failure has anything to do with them, ignore such people and continue until God blesses you.

2 Likes

Re: If You Have 5 Of These 7 Qualities, You Are Good To Start A Business by Nobody: 5:11pm On May 29, 2017
Light i.e Information, knowledge plus understanding is quite important too.
Re: If You Have 5 Of These 7 Qualities, You Are Good To Start A Business by Nobody: 5:13pm On May 29, 2017
this ebook guy come and shows us testimonies of people that bought ur ebook and made money from it biko

2 Likes

Re: If You Have 5 Of These 7 Qualities, You Are Good To Start A Business by aumeehn: 5:15pm On May 29, 2017
I will soon come here and post my success story!

1 Like

Re: If You Have 5 Of These 7 Qualities, You Are Good To Start A Business by abescom: 5:17pm On May 29, 2017
I have everything. My weak point is however risk taking. I take too much risk especially when it comes to investment.

I am a site flipper, a very risk business just like real estate flipping. But when I want a particular site or business, no matter what the cons are, I consider only the pros.

Big, very big weak point.

2 Likes

Re: If You Have 5 Of These 7 Qualities, You Are Good To Start A Business by Coldfaya(m): 5:18pm On May 29, 2017
got 2,3,6,7 and some 5. men gotta work on myself more.
Re: If You Have 5 Of These 7 Qualities, You Are Good To Start A Business by lilreese: 5:22pm On May 29, 2017
Interesting
Re: If You Have 5 Of These 7 Qualities, You Are Good To Start A Business by Nomfanelo99(f): 5:25pm On May 29, 2017
I suck when it comes to planning. I get over excited and start screwing things up .

2 Likes

Re: If You Have 5 Of These 7 Qualities, You Are Good To Start A Business by Nobody: 5:25pm On May 29, 2017
undecided
Re: If You Have 5 Of These 7 Qualities, You Are Good To Start A Business by izzy4shizzy(m): 5:36pm On May 29, 2017
Nice valid points...

But

It is easier said than done

1 Like

Re: If You Have 5 Of These 7 Qualities, You Are Good To Start A Business by Nobody: 5:37pm On May 29, 2017
Last Last na CAPITAL O..

I have all these listed qualities.. I can come up with very very prospect filled business idea, especially tech(online) related ideas but where capital?

1 Like

Re: If You Have 5 Of These 7 Qualities, You Are Good To Start A Business by Michel2013: 5:39pm On May 29, 2017
brunofarad:
You also gats to have the courage , cos that initial period your doubts will even be talking to you ,are u sure this will work out ?

But the passion and courage will keep you moving

in order words u are talking about risk taking. it is ability to beat your fears. the only way to do that which u are afraid of, is by doing it. just do it.
Re: If You Have 5 Of These 7 Qualities, You Are Good To Start A Business by Rossikki: 5:53pm On May 29, 2017
fighal:
Last Last na CAPITAL O..

I have all these listed qualities.. I can come up with very very prospect filled business idea, especially tech(online) related ideas but where capital?
Most tech related ideas can be started on a shoestring.
Re: If You Have 5 Of These 7 Qualities, You Are Good To Start A Business by sekem: 6:08pm On May 29, 2017
Adonike:

grin grin cheesy

Funny you

By the way, I hope THAT MAN is not you? kiss
Re: If You Have 5 Of These 7 Qualities, You Are Good To Start A Business by lakes99: 6:14pm On May 29, 2017
booked.

Not for sale
Re: If You Have 5 Of These 7 Qualities, You Are Good To Start A Business by Nobody: 6:19pm On May 29, 2017
Great points but OP missed something. With all theses, if you don't have a product to sell or service to render, then you're as good as not ready for business. I read one of the comments here and the person said that he knows someone who possess all these qualities the OP mentioned but still looking for job. That's because the person hasn't come across what to sell or render that will attract people and riches to him.
Am a business man and initially didn't have 5 of these qualities but I had an idea what to sell. It was as a result of planning and research that I got the remaining qualities. Even if you don't have all these qualities but you have something to sell or render, just start. You will grow from there. Perhaps if you have someone, probably a bestie, who has some of these qualities, you can involve the person and grow the business together.
If you wanna know what business am into, Check out @TribbIsland on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
God bless you all

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Customers, Bank Staff Fight Over BVN Registration / Abuja Residents Auction Exotic Cars To Raise Cash / Kuda Bank Lost ₦6 Billion In 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.