Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,959 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:51 AM

I Had Never Met Tinubu When He Appointed Me Commissioner – Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Had Never Met Tinubu When He Appointed Me Commissioner – Osinbajo (19103 Views)

When Buhari Met Tinubu, Others In Aso Rock / Tambuwal To Tinubu: When You Were Denied Buhari’s VP, You Tried To Rock The Boat / "I Had Never Met Tinubu When He Made Me Commissioner' - Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Had Never Met Tinubu When He Appointed Me Commissioner – Osinbajo by Basic123: 10:28pm On May 28, 2017
Acting President, Professor Yemi Osinbajo said he had never met All Progressives Congress leader, Bola Tinubu, when he was appointed a commissioner in Lagos State.

Osinbajo served as Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice in Lagos State during Tinubu’s administration.

Osinbajo said: “I did not and I had never met Bola Tinubu before I was appointed Commissioner and that says a lot about the kind of individual that he is. This is the kind of thinking that makes nations great; that is the kind of thinking that would make Nigeria great.

“A type of thinking that considers all of our diverse talents; a kind of thinking that does not allow parochialism; a kind of thinking that does not allow us to say anywhere belongs to only a set of people. That is when our country would be truly great.”

Osinbajo said although he was sympathetic to the course of those craving for a Lagos for only its indigene, but it was now evident that the momentum of history could no longer hold down the elemental force of the State.

“This Lagos is going to be a leader; it would be a leader in expressing the world’s view that the black man is capable of governing not just himself but in leading the world.”

Speaking at the Lagos@50 Anniversary Gala Nite held at the Lagos House, Ikeja, on Saturday, Yemi Osinbajo also said the quest to evolve a greater and more prosperous Nigeria lies in the prosperity of Lagos State, describing the State the commercial capital accounting for over 70 per cent of business in the country.

The Acting President alluded to a recent statistic released by the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) to the effect that Lagos accounts for 912 out of 914 individual businessmen who pay self-assessed tax of over N10million, saying that the strategic contribution of the State to the country’s economy could not be over-emphasised.

Dignitaries at the event include, Governors of Ogun, Oyo, Gombe, Ekiti, Imo and Edo states; first civilian Governor of Lagos, Alhaji Lateef Jakande; former Governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu; former Military Governors of Lagos State – Brigadier-General Mobolaji Johnson (Rtd.), Brigadier General Olagunsoye Oyinlola (Rtd.), Brigadier General Buba Marwa (Rtd.), and Rear-Admiral Ndubuisi Kanu (Rtd.); CEO of Dangote Group, Alhaji Aliko Dangote; CEO of Forte Oil, Femi Otedola, Chief Olabode George, Jimi Agbaje, among others.

Besides, the Acting President commended Governor Ambode for his giant strides in the State, saying that the new vistas being opened in the State by the Governor were capable of making Nigeria great.

“And every day that we see the giant strides that Akinwunmi Ambode is making here in Lagos; everyday that we watch television and see the new vistas that he is opening up, it is evident of the fact that surely in this Lagos State lies the seed of the great Nigeria of our dreams,” Osinbajo said.

www.punchng.com/i-had-never-met-tinubu-when-he-appointed-me-commissioner-osinbajo/

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Had Never Met Tinubu When He Appointed Me Commissioner – Osinbajo by subtlemee(f): 10:33pm On May 28, 2017
That's why it's good to be diligent and honest,not doing eye service at your place of service cos you may not know who's watching for possible future recommendation

46 Likes

Re: I Had Never Met Tinubu When He Appointed Me Commissioner – Osinbajo by tuscani: 10:47pm On May 28, 2017
But osibanjo should tell this to bubu the kunu sipping tribal bigot who says he only appoints people he knows

8 Likes

Re: I Had Never Met Tinubu When He Appointed Me Commissioner – Osinbajo by tinkinjow: 11:27pm On May 28, 2017
I like Osibade....
The thing is: given a different cast the story would have been great bur in this instance it's very lame.

Given Tinubus smartness, he needed not to know you. All he needed was find out about a man who would swallow the bait hook, line and sinker and afterwards will do his bidding even when woken from the sleep. Osibade you probably didn't know that his foot soldiers have tested you and found you the right man for the plan.

Osibade even as you are talking right now you're unwittingly paying homage to Tinubu even without his urging. He knew that's how you'll turn out.
The very reason you're discussing Tinubu shows what and how you have sold yourself to him.
And the very fact that he doesn't even try to pretend to give you the respect as the vice president speak volumes.
Btw when you are done running his errands you can go back to Abuja and pretend to be our acting president.

I fear I too am program by Nigeria to sit idle in the face of disastrous leadership.
So we're both being used. The difference is that i know my situation but you Osibade you don't know.

11 Likes

Re: I Had Never Met Tinubu When He Appointed Me Commissioner – Osinbajo by NaijaElba(m): 11:37pm On May 28, 2017
How come Fasola is not dir?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Had Never Met Tinubu When He Appointed Me Commissioner – Osinbajo by Lanretoye(m): 11:40pm On May 28, 2017
tinubu may be dirty in politics as the game requires here but his what we experience in lagos are products of his vission...thousands of Ambode couldn't have achieved so much in 2years without a blueprint so let's give kudos to his predecessors notwithstanding.
i have come to realize that personal life is quite different from political life,that is why the ag. vp cannot come out and say anything about buhari's health issue even tho he knows more.
as a matter of fact,tinubu has faced stern opposition with the machinery availability like efcc,icpc,sss...etc for years but couldn't be nailed to the point that he facilitated the ousted of an incumbent govt,all we hear is tinubu this,tinubu that over the media.
i think we should give him applaud.

51 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Had Never Met Tinubu When He Appointed Me Commissioner – Osinbajo by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 12:47am On May 29, 2017
tinkinjow:
I like Osibade....
The thing is: given a different cast the story would have been great bur in this instance it's very lame.

Given Tinubus smartness, he needed not to know you. All he needed was find out about a man who would swallow the bait hook, line and sinker and afterwards will do his bidding even when woken from the sleep. Osibade you probably didn't know that his foot soldiers have tested you and found you the right man for the plan.

Osibade even as you are talking right now you're unwittingly paying homage to Tinubu even without his urging. He knew that's how you'll turn out.
The very reason you're discussing Tinubu shows what and how you have sold yourself to him.
And the very fact that he doesn't even try to pretend to give you the respect as the vice president speak volumes.
Btw when you are done running his errands you can go back to Abuja and pretend to be our acting president.

I fear I too am program by Nigeria to sit idle in the face of disastrous leadership.
So we're both being used. The difference is that i know my situation but you Osibade you don't know.

Gabbage.

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Had Never Met Tinubu When He Appointed Me Commissioner – Osinbajo by three: 2:16am On May 29, 2017
The crux of the matter is what is the extent of your allegiance to Bola Ahmed Tinubu?

1. Have you knowingly assisted in defending corrupt practices?

2. Can you allow fair prosecution of BAT if he is found guilty of corrupt enrichment or misappropriation of funds? (particularly if these acts took place while you were Attorney General and Commissioner of Justice in Lagos State)

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Had Never Met Tinubu When He Appointed Me Commissioner – Osinbajo by Basic123: 4:21am On May 29, 2017
tinkinjow:
I like Osibade....

....What is this one even saying?

Are you not the same set of people that will come back to say he bites the finger that fed him if he had not acknowledged what tinubu did.

By the way,enough of this conspiracy theories.
bring an evidence that tinubu does not respect him as VP and that he is the one teleguilding him......encounters?,phone calls?tinubu visits aso rock?,any new policy you think is from tinubu?

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Had Never Met Tinubu When He Appointed Me Commissioner – Osinbajo by Basic123: 4:28am On May 29, 2017
Lanretoye:
tinubu may be dirty in politics as the game requires here but his what we experience in lagos are products of his vission...thousands of Ambode couldn't have achieved so much in 2years without a blueprint so let's give kudos to his predecessors notwithstanding.
i have come to realize that personal life is quite different from political life,that is why the ag. vp cannot come out and say anything about buhari's health issue even tho he knows more.
as a matter of fact,tinubu has faced stern opposition with the machinery availability like efcc,icpc,sss...etc for years but couldn't be nailed to the point that he facilitated the ousted of an incumbent govt,all we hear is tinubu this,tinubu that over the media.
i think we should give him applaud.
....Na conspiracy theories jare.And its very illogical to me.Because I wonder why,PDP,his greatest enemy couldn't harvest his skeleton and use it to nail him instead of that a stalwart bode George of the same ruling party then PDP is even blaiming tinubu for his imprisonment....what a paradox!

Even this set of people will abandon james ibori,sm afolabi,bode george,stella oduah,dasuki,GEJ,ala@alamesiagha,ladoja etch that have or had case with efcc and co and be shouting tinubu.

....big time CONSPIRACY THEORISTS.

7 Likes

Re: I Had Never Met Tinubu When He Appointed Me Commissioner – Osinbajo by Nobody: 4:44am On May 29, 2017
United state of Africa, we stand together, awo, zki, tafa said it, not kanu, not buhari, not hausa, not fulani, not igbo, not yoruba, these are africans voice, together we stand, and africans is not ready to destroy africa, northerners we learn from this and ready for better africa, igbos we learn, yourbas we carry all along

1 Like

Re: I Had Never Met Tinubu When He Appointed Me Commissioner – Osinbajo by Jabioro: 4:48am On May 29, 2017
PDP is a house against herself, Tinubu is a complete different politicians different from PDP man knows man syndrome appointment that killed the party,usher in many thieves and derail her finally... Lagos is running on a new template we all can attested to that except the born haters

8 Likes

Re: I Had Never Met Tinubu When He Appointed Me Commissioner – Osinbajo by Jaideyone(m): 6:46am On May 29, 2017
tinkinjow:
I like Osibade....

alcohol induced speculations

12 Likes

Re: I Had Never Met Tinubu When He Appointed Me Commissioner – Osinbajo by Nobody: 6:50am On May 29, 2017
grin
Re: I Had Never Met Tinubu When He Appointed Me Commissioner – Osinbajo by Nobody: 6:51am On May 29, 2017
tinkinjow:
I like Osibade....

You ve said it all. Tinubu is the biggest theif around today
Re: I Had Never Met Tinubu When He Appointed Me Commissioner – Osinbajo by Nobody: 7:31am On May 29, 2017
During campaign, I heard what the acting president said about tinubu. He said , they first met around 1999 elections, in court during one legal battle and never greeted. Said after the proceedings tinubu walked to him and asked him for his contact or so. later, called him if he would like to work with him and from then, they became close. He said tinubu likely saw how he handled the case that brought him there and he was impressed. And that was it.
Until we hunt for technocrats and put round pegs in the round holes, things will likely remain the same in every sections of this country. This is what I expected bubu to do when he put the nation on autopilot, in the first 6 months of this administration only to parade so called technocrats like ameachi, lai , ngige, aba kiyari and so on. Since that day, I lost hope in his government.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Had Never Met Tinubu When He Appointed Me Commissioner – Osinbajo by sakalisis(m): 8:36am On May 29, 2017
We don hear
Re: I Had Never Met Tinubu When He Appointed Me Commissioner – Osinbajo by ucmini: 8:37am On May 29, 2017
cry cry cry
DEMOCRACY DAY- Nigeria's official "Suffering and Smiling" day

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Had Never Met Tinubu When He Appointed Me Commissioner – Osinbajo by cinoedhunter: 8:37am On May 29, 2017
I dey hungry... shocked
Re: I Had Never Met Tinubu When He Appointed Me Commissioner – Osinbajo by teamsynergy: 8:37am On May 29, 2017
you were chosen, he doesn't have to meet you or ask your permission... politicians are grand masters ..
Re: I Had Never Met Tinubu When He Appointed Me Commissioner – Osinbajo by cinoedhunter: 8:37am On May 29, 2017
I dey hungry..
Re: I Had Never Met Tinubu When He Appointed Me Commissioner – Osinbajo by oluseyiforjesus(m): 8:37am On May 29, 2017
So we should fry Akamu......
Re: I Had Never Met Tinubu When He Appointed Me Commissioner – Osinbajo by tmanis(m): 8:39am On May 29, 2017
QUICK TEST!

Can you pronounce these words quick and correct?
Here's the following:
wolf
woof
warp
roof
ruff
raft
work
wart
worth
whorf

TEST RESULT:
GOOD DOG
Re: I Had Never Met Tinubu When He Appointed Me Commissioner – Osinbajo by yeyeboi(m): 8:39am On May 29, 2017
Ok
Re: I Had Never Met Tinubu When He Appointed Me Commissioner – Osinbajo by Edopesin: 8:39am On May 29, 2017
Lagos Is No Mans' Land..I. Have Never Heard Any1 Who Claims To Be From Of Lagos State

so am not surprise

1 Like

Re: I Had Never Met Tinubu When He Appointed Me Commissioner – Osinbajo by ochgeorg(m): 8:40am On May 29, 2017
to believe this statement hard o cheesy

1 Share

Re: I Had Never Met Tinubu When He Appointed Me Commissioner – Osinbajo by samtee37(m): 8:40am On May 29, 2017
Sure, he might not have known you, but, it's obvious he knew someone you directly know....

But, I hope, it's not that u r taking over from our linus sha.. cus it's been a while we heard from our daddy Lai grin

Re: I Had Never Met Tinubu When He Appointed Me Commissioner – Osinbajo by malton: 8:41am On May 29, 2017
Love or hate him, Tinubu is free spirited and has the national outlook needed to become president.

He doesn't care about your region or religion. All he cares about is someone who can get the job done. Now, that's a leader.

And if you think he's evil, consider him a necessary one.

Those okpolo eyes na talent spotters.

I wonder why my good FC Barcelona did not sign him on as a scout.

Tinubu, Ambode, Osinbajo, and a few others are the reason why I still feel proud for campaigning for the APC.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fred Nwabufo: Why The South-East Voted For Obasanjo Against Ojukwu In 2003 / DPR Issues 21 Licences For New Refineries- The National Mirror / Ekiti Moves To Establish Own EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.