Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:49 PM

Petroleum Business Using A 15,000 Litres Small Truck - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Petroleum Business Using A 15,000 Litres Small Truck (6844 Views)

Petroleum Business: Pastor Loses N11m To Fraudsters / Transform Your Business- Using Our Muti-million Ideas / Just In: Make 70k+ Monthly From Daily Savings Business Using POS And ATM Cards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Petroleum Business Using A 15,000 Litres Small Truck by jeez: 8:36pm On Jan 16, 2010
A friend has adviced me to purchase a 15,000 litre truck which i can use to buy petroleum products from lagos tank farms and sell upcountry. I want nairalanders experienced in this field to advice on the challenges and prospects of this business venture
Re: Petroleum Business Using A 15,000 Litres Small Truck by stagger: 8:58pm On Jan 16, 2010
Do you have a peddler's license from DPR? You have to get that. Your truck and driver must be registered with NUPENG. And such an arrangement can only work for kerosene, and even at that, it is better you do it locally, i.e. within Lagos.

That up country arrangement cannot work. After many years in this business. I should know, trust me.
Re: Petroleum Business Using A 15,000 Litres Small Truck by fader: 11:58am On Jan 19, 2010
stagger:

Do you have a peddler's license from DPR? You have to get that. Your truck and driver must be registered with NUPENG. And such an arrangement can only work for kerosene, and even at that, it is better you do it locally, i.e. within Lagos.

That up country arrangement cannot work. After many years in this business. I should know, trust me.
YOU DONT ALWAYS HAVE TELL PPLE HOW MANY YEARS YOU ARE IN THIS THE INDUSTRY. ALL HE NEEDED IS YOUR CANDID OPINION. pple take note of little things .
Re: Petroleum Business Using A 15,000 Litres Small Truck by stagger: 2:26pm On Jan 19, 2010
When posting, try not to use capital letters. It connotes shouting and is deemed as being rude. The guy needed an answer and I supplied it. If you got nothing to contribute here, then you are better off posting elsewhere, dude!
Re: Petroleum Business Using A 15,000 Litres Small Truck by fader: 7:54pm On Jan 20, 2010
stagger:

When posting, try not to use capital letters. It connotes shouting and is deemed as being rude. The guy needed an answer and I supplied it. If you got nothing to contribute here, then you are better off posting elsewhere, dude!
one thing people should learn from you. is that one should put up a quarrel with someone who buys ink in barrels - because he will never stop writting !
Re: Petroleum Business Using A 15,000 Litres Small Truck by edwinagili: 10:43pm On Jan 21, 2010
@Stagger, pls can u educate me more cos i have some friends who reside in the north and are about to start the kerosene biz. They will buy the product in a 33,000 litres truck and sell up country in the north. These trucks are Nupeng registers and they have DPR's peddlers' certificate. What are the risks involved?
Re: Petroleum Business Using A 15,000 Litres Small Truck by stagger: 3:47pm On Jan 22, 2010
The main risk is the trouble taken to transport the product through our bad roads. Presently, most petroleum products now come from Lagos and PH, although the NNPC says the other two refineries in Warri and Kad will become functional by month-end.

So that's the risk there. The risk of accident. Otherwise, it's a question of buying from the south, and taking to the North to sell. I am aware that this product is not too available up North. The closer to Niger the area is, the more scarce it is and the higher the price. It's a general rule for our petroleum products.

If they need more help with lifting, contact me.
Re: Petroleum Business Using A 15,000 Litres Small Truck by oderemo(m): 7:45pm On Jan 24, 2010
@stagger

can you send me your e mail add. as i intend to discuss some private buss. with you . thank you.
Re: Petroleum Business Using A 15,000 Litres Small Truck by stagger: 1:08pm On Jan 25, 2010
You can call me up at 08027601655. I do not post my email here because of spam mails.
Re: Petroleum Business Using A 15,000 Litres Small Truck by oderemo(m): 1:28pm On Jan 25, 2010
@ stagger ,called your no,2wice no joy. my e mail add is 262build @googlemail .com. mail yours 2 me then.
Re: Petroleum Business Using A 15,000 Litres Small Truck by tboss2(m): 2:14pm On Jan 25, 2010
Let me make it clear that I'm not intrested in any 'fight' with anyone on this forum. I know for sure that you don't need any DPR document to haul petroleum product from the Lagos or where ever up country. i also know that the roads are better up-country, so the bad road issue is just between Lagos and Abuja/Suleja and the best thing always is Goods In Transit (G.I.T) and motor vehicle insurance for your business florish.

On pricing, the prices of petroleum products every where in the country is a function of the market forces of demand and supply. This means that the prices are never stable and can not be controlled.

@jeez Don't try to use a 15,000lt truck to haul petroleum products up country because you may not breakeven. If you use a 15,000ltr, 30,0000ltr, 33,000ltr, 40,000ltr, 45,000ltr or a 60,000ltr truck, you will require about the same volume of diesel to power the trucks.
Re: Petroleum Business Using A 15,000 Litres Small Truck by stagger: 2:44pm On Jan 25, 2010
t-boss:

Let me make it clear that I'm not intrested in any 'fight' with anyone on this forum. I know for sure that you don't need any DPR document to haul petroleum product from the Lagos or where ever up country. i also know that the roads are better up-country, so the bad road issue is just between Lagos and Abuja/Suleja and the best thing always is Goods In Transit (G.I.T) and motor vehicle insurance for your business florish.

On pricing, the prices of petroleum products every where in the country is a function of the market forces of demand and supply. This means that the prices are never stable and can not be controlled.

@jeez Don't try to use a 15,000lt truck to haul petroleum products up country because you may not breakeven. If you use a 15,000ltr, 30,0000ltr, 33,000ltr, 40,000ltr, 45,000ltr or a 60,000ltr truck, you will require about the same volume of diesel to power the trucks.

Your last point makes some sense here, but not the first three.

You need to have a peddlers' license, and your driver must be a NUPENG member. For you to say he does not need any such documents is just ridiculous. Did you read the poster's first post? And when you say the roads are better up country, exactly what do you mean? That ALL Northern roads are well paved?

This is why I usually make reference to the number of years I have spent in the business. Not to use it to boast (as Mr Fader wrongly thought), but because it reiterates the point to the person needing the information that most of what I know in the petroleum business is not just theory I read from somewhere. I have personally engaged in them so I speak from a great deal of experience and I try to tell it like it is so that anyone who ventures in will not encounter any surprises.

ode remo:

@ stagger ,called your no,2wice no joy. my e mail add is 262build @googlemail .com. mail yours 2 me then.

My number is ok. Maybe network problem. I have sent you an email. We can communicate that way then.
Re: Petroleum Business Using A 15,000 Litres Small Truck by tboss2(m): 3:15pm On Jan 25, 2010
@Stagger. You are so very wrong, I know you think you know so much about the oil industry in Nigeria but you are so wrong. You think you have been in the industry longer than any other person on this forum but you don't know whom I am. The driver needs to be a member of PTD which is a arm of NUPENG. Don't try to make a big deal out of that because it will cost him just N250 to become a member. If I must tell you, I own trucks, retail outlets and haul petroleum products allover the country. I have been in the industry for about 2 decades so I'm not just a dude making claims online. From your posts you are out make the poster and others on the forum belief you are an authority in the industry.

@Jeez and other nairalanders, be mindful of pple like this who mislead others.
Re: Petroleum Business Using A 15,000 Litres Small Truck by stagger: 3:34pm On Jan 25, 2010
T-boss,

This post is not about you or me. Stop the distraction. This is why I hate people like you always coming here to distract and cause problems for everyone. In case you are too dumb to read, I suggest you go and read the post again. The process the guy is talking off is called PEDDLING and for that, he needs a peddler's license! Stop trying to cloud your ignorance here.

I give answers and advice to people who genuinely ask them and not come here to argue with fools like you who think of nothing else but to distract people and make mountains out of mole hills.

As is always my practice, once troublemakers invade a post, I let them have the last word and step right out. Jeez has got his answer. He is free to make his choice on what he wants.

You T-boss (with all your claims), are yet to even provide an answer to his question here. I'm out!
Re: Petroleum Business Using A 15,000 Litres Small Truck by tboss2(m): 3:56pm On Jan 25, 2010
@Stagger,

I know the post is not about you or me. I'm not here to distract anyone, neither have I given my e-mail address or phone number to anyone to call me like you have done. You don't need to share anything through any other channel if you're for real. I understand how foolish you are for you to address me as dumb, a criminal or what ever. The guy intends to haul petroleum product upcountry and not go into peddling of petroeum products like you are trying to suggest. Therefore, since he is not peddling, he doesn't need a peddling license. Any one who thinks he has a monopoly of knowledge in any field needs not post anything here. This is a public forum and I gave my view, based on the questions asked by Jeez.

I still put it toyou Stagger that you know nothing about the industry. If you know so much about pipeline vandalization and how PMS is mixed with condensate you are probly one of those doing such.

Those who intend to do business with STAGGER should watch it!
Re: Petroleum Business Using A 15,000 Litres Small Truck by Aks(m): 1:57pm On Jan 26, 2010
We need to respect each other's opinion, profer answers to question and where ever opinions differ, let's look for ways of ironing it out without any form of rancour. From my opinion, STAGGER has really answered most of the questions. I believe u guys are saying the same thing, PEDDLER is a short form of what the poster's question is all about.

STAGGER / T-BOSS--- pls bury your hatchet and endeavour to dish out more information to us, we are all here to learn

thank u
Re: Petroleum Business Using A 15,000 Litres Small Truck by oderemo(m): 4:46pm On Jan 26, 2010
guys relax for now. i don't think any of you guys meant harm or intend to be a billionare by dishing out necessary info. so the end justify the means.
we are all here to learn . till death we shall continue to learn , so say the wise man.
Re: Petroleum Business Using A 15,000 Litres Small Truck by gowaga68: 6:56pm On Feb 05, 2010
Hello NLers,
i need help on how to get financier on an LPO deal.
thanks
Re: Petroleum Business Using A 15,000 Litres Small Truck by Chidoxyl(m): 10:19am On Nov 06, 2014
Hello Guys, it's been almost 5 yrs since jeez came up to this platform with his humble request of wanting 2 know how best to navigate d petroleum business in Nigeria, at d level he intended to operate, & far-reaching opinions were submitted 2 him by well meaning Nairalanders.

5 yrs down d line, some of us are just preparing 2 walk down d same pathway. And hoping that by now, jeez must have been fully immersed into d beautiful world of this business venture, I would love jeez to indulge me on this front by sharing his experiences with me & fellow Nairalanders, who are just like me.

I am at d verge of paying for a 15k-litre truck for AGO lifting & distribution.

(1) (Reply)

IS AYEEN 2016 A GREAT SCAM? OR A MONEY MAKING EVENT? / Facebook Tests $1 Fee For Messages To Non-friends / Get 5 Extra Hours When You Signup On VA Patrick, Nigeria's #1 VA Firm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.