Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,934 members, 7,799,160 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:15 PM

Hope For A Graduate - Jobs/Vacancies (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Hope For A Graduate (30833 Views)

4 Steps To Getting An Amazing Job As A Graduate With 3rd Class Or Pass Grade / This Is For You If You Are A Graduate Searching For A Job Instead Of Some Skills / CV Format For A Graduate Trainee Job Application (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hope For A Graduate by BiafraBushBoy(m): 7:49pm On Jun 02, 2017
[quote author=mright05 post=57133412][/quote]
lol... everyone has passed through that stage.
Something saved us. find out yourself
Re: Hope For A Graduate by vinneyville(m): 7:55pm On Jun 02, 2017
KELVIN086:
I can see they are so many unemployed and underemployed people on this thread , my advice for you all is find a way to get out of the country to countries like canada , us , Australia.
It's easier said than done. I have been looking for a means to run my MSc abroad... No head way yet with an admission.
Re: Hope For A Graduate by vickvilles(m): 7:57pm On Jun 02, 2017
op don't give up now, learn something...there are so many software applications that you can work with, the grades shouldn't be your motivation, i studied mechanical engineering..but right now I'm taking good care of myself with computer engineering, repairing laptops,mobile phones and software installations and is paying well. go and learn computer repairs my brother and before you know it...you are already independent.... I'm still applying for mechanical engineering jobs because i love it but this is Nigeria bro, this is Nigeria. you need a backup as a man.
Re: Hope For A Graduate by enomakos(m): 7:57pm On Jun 02, 2017
kayjegs:
This is a kind of story that is typical of a Nigerian graduate. I have been giving advice here on nairaland for quite some time. But I noticed that most youths just brush aside many of the advice and continue chasing shadows. When one feels like commiting suicide, then it is time to look elsewhere. There is always something good out there which will help you out. You need to change the focus. Maybe you have been looking at the wrong direction. To call a spade a spade, you might not get a job in this present day Nigeria. I don't need to tell you the reason, I think it is obvious. My advice now is this:

Start or do a business (There are some that do not involve money. For example making money online with your skills on sites like fiverr etc). There are many threads that have dealt with this making money online with your skills on nairaland but youths will just brush those aside as if it is nonsense. I have a thread where I discussed varying business ideas and all that. It is a thread which has been functional since 2013 and up till date, very relevant. I made a best-selling ebook out of this which is available for download online. Visit the thread here: https://www.nairaland.com/1163912/funds-not-business-actually-need

Secondly, I will advice that you broaden your horizon...Travel out of the country! There are countless threads on the travel section of nairaland where you can get advice and all that. I also made a mobile app to this effect. It contains the right information you need at this time. The app is available for download online (Not free for obvious reasons). I believe, this is a mobile app that all Nigerian youths should have on their phone. For example, Canada government needs skilled workers to come into Canada to settle down and they do this through the Express entry program. You can see threads about this in the travel section but Nigerian youths seeking unavailable jobs will not go there. The travel abroad app contains all the information you need, straight to the point (For example Canada Express Entry, Australian immigration programme, and educational sites where to study abroad; Germany, Canada, Norway, South Korea etc). You can read some of my old threads here: https://www.nairaland.com/3564483/jobs-not-coming-why-dont

those travelled opportunity you are talking about hope you know it cost money?
Re: Hope For A Graduate by enomakos(m): 7:59pm On Jun 02, 2017
koolguy88:
Oga, we have farmland ooo, this is an alternative.
contact me if you need one
location?
Re: Hope For A Graduate by akanbiaa(m): 8:12pm On Jun 02, 2017
secretsuccess:
my name is joshua a chemical engineering graduate. it is so difficult to survive as a hardworking, honest and God fearing person here in Nigeria. After my NYSC i have been struggling from place to place, looking for opurtunities. i always shuttle from lagos to portharcourt...thinking that one day it will be well. i just discovered that it will never be well..

When we were in secondary school we were told to get a good course..my parents were happy when i got chemical engineering..then in school it was get a good result..that was no problem, i got a second class upper.

Ater service it was get certified..ahh, no wahala.. i got my NEBOSH certificate..then again some said it was connection..ok, i joined lots of proffesional whatsapp groups after much work, i even had to pay for some...funny enough the so called proffesional group failed woefully.

twice i was called for a job brief..twice i was rejected..the first reason was because i am igbo the woman saw my name and her countenance changed though she dashed me 2k and told me the usual words i would get back to you..ok, fair enough. The second was in portharcourt i was rejected because
of my church..Roman catholic.. hmmm. A young man was also rejected for same reason he kept on complaining while i was just laughing..though later i begged him for #100 for my TP, he gave me sha.. he is a nice man.

ok. i had to go back to the drawing board..met some people and they said i should just do further courses..oooo! course again, ok.. no wahala. i begged my mum to sell her bike for 110k so i can add 30k and do process safety and loss prevention..she accepted.. i sold the bike and did the course.. yet, no interview call. i said ok let me visit companies and give them the cv..my brother no show.

i sat still again..and then reviewed my cv..paid 2k for push CV to review the cv..still no luck.. downloaded CV review app used it time and time again. same results.. no calls.

the only thing i get everyday is insults from my Father and some relatives of how lazy and weak i am...this is not fair life itself is not fair..is it not better to die? after working hard in school and after school for about 8-10 years no result for it..

People will always say dont be tired but my brother i don tire... i know many of us have same story, but for me the only thing i can do to make the pain easy.. is write..

Nigeria is not worth it.. did i tell you i briefly went into business?.. but how can you do well in business without long time experience.. it is always difficult..well, the pressure is much and i see that breaking point is close... only God knows Tomorrow.

These days the only thing that comes to my mind is suicide..i have downloaded lots of books to see if i can find a solution.. but none yet.. please if you have good advice for me i am willing to hear it.

thanks
E Joshua

You are not alone many have seen and gone thru worse it is not easy but never give up and start offering small small services to people around don't think its job too little for you if its to wash car, wash cloth , skill like computer repair etc and maintain a good reputation God might use someone soon to liberate you from joblessness if you don't give up, I personally have gone thru challenging cirmustances, lost my mum and I was her only child , not a dime of her gratuity have been paid by Taraba State government, its 6 years now, I have graduated since 2010, got NYSC very 2012 yet no tangible job but i refuse to be idle and I refuse to give up nor do illegal things and for now at least I will feed and be strengthened to attain Glory soon In Sha Allah.
Re: Hope For A Graduate by akanbiaa(m): 8:15pm On Jun 02, 2017
vinneyville:

It's easier said than done. I have been looking for a means to run my MSc abroad... No head way yet with an admission.
If you are not passionate about teaching and lecturing and love research and writing books with no plagiarism don't waste money on MSC but think of what will bring you money but if you have a teaching or lecturing job connection guaranteed employment then go ahead if you are well motivated and passionate about further studies but know as difficult as job is those with higher degrees are even the worse hit with unemployment both In private and public sector
Re: Hope For A Graduate by ambs50: 8:36pm On Jun 02, 2017
U sud av apply for npower at least to meet basic needs. Pls do it come 13th even tho it little.
Bigger and dream jobs re coming for U
Re: Hope For A Graduate by Afolabi78: 8:37pm On Jun 02, 2017
You Can Make Research On Transcription Jobs through google And You Will Discover There Jobs For You And Can Start From Somewhere. Or Contact Me 0- 8 -0-six-2-63-88-seven -2 for further explaination. work as a freelancer,
Re: Hope For A Graduate by Klington: 8:42pm On Jun 02, 2017
Hassy4:
My dear, u need 2 hear my own story too. I think mine is even worst than Urz, I used to be called an engine boy, dt booking has turned me to be a tomboy lol. What differs mine 4rm Urz is I hav my parents and a special one consoling me always. Things are still hard for them Dou. Will I kill myself? No. Am a lady, hussle for job continua.... Am a 2012 graduate,5 good yrs after graduation,hmmm, best lady in my set, 2-1 Electrical and computer Engineering! With my CCNA and my little ICT experience, still nothing! I always pray for one major thing to my creator, "patience "!.so I can bear all.. .
Dear, go hussle software skills and learn, like coding or developing softwares... Those have great promises. All the best to us
u're just brave.... Thumbs up

1 Like

Re: Hope For A Graduate by PROPAGANDIST(m): 8:43pm On Jun 02, 2017
Bro ist you need to calm down, just know it's a general problem, 2ndly you need to get a job even if you're over qualified for it, maybe something like a sales rep at least u won't be seen at home often cos that's Wat brings the insult, forget the big companies for now, look outside the box start with the small jobs even if it's a pay of 30k from Der u will get to know how the employment market works and possibly build a real network that will facilitate u getting a bigger job. Trust me suicide is not an option, it's for cowards and that the devil trying to damn u. F on experience I know that whatever you're going through someone is going thru something much more worse yet he/she is surviving. Also remember that tough times will sure come and go. No problem lasts for ever, u nid to be strong bro. Babe Naija wey dey o. If you no see work go do charity job at least it will get that ugly suicidal thought from you.

1 Like

Re: Hope For A Graduate by Klington: 8:45pm On Jun 02, 2017
Education used to be the key,,,,,,,,,,,,
No thanks to Greedy looters we have at the helms of affairs.

Re: Hope For A Graduate by isax(m): 8:51pm On Jun 02, 2017
myke92:
It's a real jungle out there, I can relate to your experience, but it's really important at this point not give in to frustration, cos, u just might miss a rare opportunity beckoning if u do. Stay strong bro, and try building on a specific marketable skill.. It just might help.

that's it SKILL try a skill
try a TRADE
ask God what His plans for you are, from ur comments it shows you've received enough professional advice from men. I think you should look away from profession 4now.
some time ago they usually say think outside the box. but now it is 'think without the box'.

I commenting have BSc Accounting and finished NYSC 2015 (don't have a father, a monthly paid job, etc ) but I have strong faith in Jesus and believe very soon the deficit will turn surplus.
Yet God has been faithful
thru my skills i have had opportunity of assisting families and even friends (with paid job)

I would also advise you to stay away from negative minds who would remind you of any of your shortcomings(God will grant you wisdom #your position determines your possession. believe me the devil uses people. Physical/material Achievement isn't an assurance of a fulfilled life(I'm not saying riches aren't good).
Change your mindset also(poverty starts from the mind, so is jobless) You can be unemployed and not jobless and not broke.

You have a reason to be strong cos God is there to strengthen you
You have a reason to live cos many live are tied to yours
You have a reason to hold cos testimonies await you if you believe.
peace!
isax

1 Like

Re: Hope For A Graduate by ltheorem: 9:10pm On Jun 02, 2017
Go to ekiti state government house n see their gov... With God's grace ,you'll have a result... Tho crying may last for the night ,joy comes in the mornin... Your father will celebrate you
Re: Hope For A Graduate by tayorh(m): 9:34pm On Jun 02, 2017
Op U re really funny, how can you call yourself a man and give up easily, i am a Computer Science graduate, i also have my CCNA Certificate still no job, i didn't let that weigh me down, though i'm still hoping on getting a good job to raise enough capital to start up something, but for now i deh hustle well o, anything just for me to leave the house, an idle hand is the devil's workshop... Don't give up, all you have to do is change the way you think be positive..
Re: Hope For A Graduate by italkmoses(m): 9:55pm On Jun 02, 2017
OP, I sympathize with you. If you are interested in internship positions, please drop your phone number. A friend is willing to help.
Re: Hope For A Graduate by Adebayo4all: 10:24pm On Jun 02, 2017
Romanus123:
I hate reading anything concerning jobs in Nigeria. Even if you were luckily employed, how much would be the salary? Here in Dubai many companies are looking for workers and they pay well with free accommodation. Here is a country where even ordinary cleaner earn nothing less than #150,000 monthly. Make a decision now and come Dubai, all you need is just a little cash for your visa and flight ticket and I promise you I will give you a good job just 2days of your arrival. That's my work here in Dubai. for more enquiry. Wapsapp me on. +971503498399.
Are u an agent?
Re: Hope For A Graduate by seun1960(m): 10:46pm On Jun 02, 2017
Sorry o
Re: Hope For A Graduate by ChuksEpells: 10:59pm On Jun 02, 2017
the advice I have for you is to read RICH DAD POOR DAD BY ROBERT T. KIYOSAKI. the book changed my life and made me financially free and am still young and have a long way to go.
if you STUDY this book your situation will change for good.
Re: Hope For A Graduate by kelzgie: 11:31pm On Jun 02, 2017
secretsuccess:
my name is joshua a chemical engineering graduate. it is so difficult to survive as a hardworking, honest and God fearing person here in Nigeria. After my NYSC i have been struggling from place to place, looking for opurtunities. i always shuttle from lagos to portharcourt...thinking that one day it will be well. i just discovered that it will never be well..

When we were in secondary school we were told to get a good course..my parents were happy when i got chemical engineering..then in school it was get a good result..that was no problem, i got a second class upper.

Ater service it was get certified..ahh, no wahala.. i got my NEBOSH certificate..then again some said it was connection..ok, i joined lots of proffesional whatsapp groups after much work, i even had to pay for some...funny enough the so called proffesional group failed woefully.

twice i was called for a job brief..twice i was rejected..the first reason was because i am igbo the woman saw my name and her countenance changed though she dashed me 2k and told me the usual words i would get back to you..ok, fair enough. The second was in portharcourt i was rejected because
of my church..Roman catholic.. hmmm. A young man was also rejected for same reason he kept on complaining while i was just laughing..though later i begged him for #100 for my TP, he gave me sha.. he is a nice man.

ok. i had to go back to the drawing board..met some people and they said i should just do further courses..oooo! course again, ok.. no wahala. i begged my mum to sell her bike for 110k so i can add 30k and do process safety and loss prevention..she accepted.. i sold the bike and did the course.. yet, no interview call. i said ok let me visit companies and give them the cv..my brother no show.

i sat still again..and then reviewed my cv..paid 2k for push CV to review the cv..still no luck.. downloaded CV review app used it time and time again. same results.. no calls.

the only thing i get everyday is insults from my Father and some relatives of how lazy and weak i am...this is not fair life itself is not fair..is it not better to die? after working hard in school and after school for about 8-10 years no result for it..

People will always say dont be tired but my brother i don tire... i know many of us have same story, but for me the only thing i can do to make the pain easy.. is write..

Nigeria is not worth it.. did i tell you i briefly went into business?.. but how can you do well in business without long time experience.. it is always difficult..well, the pressure is much and i see that breaking point is close... only God knows Tomorrow.

These days the only thing that comes to my mind is suicide..i have downloaded lots of books to see if i can find a solution.. but none yet.. please if you have good advice for me i am willing to hear it.

thanks
E Joshua

Bro..ud av to kip trusting God o...I believe yu are a Christian...I av my testimonies about Gods wonders..
I jes finished service last month ..while I was serving I was invited for interviews buh distance was a barrier cos I was at obudu and the interviews were in Lagos and some were not even my major field...buh yet I got called up...I'd advise yu jes stayed positive.. The hustle is real...one day d sun is gona shine...
Re: Hope For A Graduate by Chevinsmedia: 11:47pm On Jun 02, 2017
This should rather be directed to engineering graduates. The worst thing that can happen to anyone now is to study engineering, you will have wasted your precious time and resources. It's better you just do something mild & get outta school; or if you go pro with medic courses. But for engineering, bro there's no hope. Sorry, you were even misguided using your last fortune for some hopeless courses; am sure your trainers would be scorching for another prey. Those things dont work; no body will evere employ you bc of certifications and pro courses. They make sense, when you have some hands on experience. But, without experience; It's worthless than a tissue paper.
So, put yourself together; abandon the CV somewhere; and face your life. It's not late yet; you can if you can.
Re: Hope For A Graduate by Nobody: 12:39am On Jun 03, 2017
italkmoses:
OP, I sympathize with you. If you are interested in internship positions, please drop your phone number. A friend is willing to help.
Please, I am also looking for an internship work
my phone number is 08161180055
Re: Hope For A Graduate by chenkov(m): 12:41am On Jun 03, 2017
Good morning!
Trust you are having a beautiful day. Someone once said -"The ladder of success is best climbed by stepping on the rungs of opportunity. There are great opportunities right within us which we are not aware of. One of them, you will get to know soon. But before that, let me ask you this question. What would you do with it if you have all the help you need to set up your business??. I will show you something you will be willing to know about soon. Its a system that is designed to redistribute wealth within the family and ensure every member has what he needs to do what he wants. It will create a financial assistance for people to do the business they want to do and create job opportunities for many others”. Do you still have dreams that you want to accomplish. If this resonates with the greatness within you, don't just afford to miss the next series.
Contact me on WhatsApp 07069205516
Re: Hope For A Graduate by SuPeRq(f): 5:09am On Jun 03, 2017
When I thought, I had seen it all............. Keep trying bro, don't relent and don't be depressed. You're created for a purpose in this life, have the gut and prays harder. May God ease all our tasks and rectify them. With 1.1 in Chemistry, nothing to show for it, success is not celebrated in my dear country. I engage myself in so many things. Depression is real, and I have so many reasons to live. May successes locate us soonest.... E_care bro

1 Like

Re: Hope For A Graduate by teepaulson: 5:52am On Jun 03, 2017
Hello Joshua,

As they say, winners never quit, and quitters never win.. The universe has a way of rewarding hard work and diligent hustle. Delete all those negative emotion files, you will do well!

If it's not too much work for you, building a career such as 'practical mechanical engineering mecho' pays big, especially for an educated graduate with multiple skills like you. I can assure you that most Nigerians are seeking for honest, diligent and knowledgeable mechanics to handle their cars. It will only take an internship & humility from a workshop and you'll be on your way. Make your own job and don't wait for someone to employ you. I wish you well!
Re: Hope For A Graduate by kayjegs: 6:40am On Jun 03, 2017
enomakos:
those travelled opportunity you are talking about hope you know it cost money?

Yeah, it costs money but it is worth it. Even when people are looking for jobs, they spend money moving from place to place. Spend money sometimes on materials and looking good for interviews and all sort. If you calculate that over the three, four five years without jobs, you will discover that one has spent a fortune. Not that living abroad is heaven but at least you can live a decent life with basic life necessities met from any work you do. It is better than getting old with no job and no means of livelihood which Nigeria ensures for her youths.
Re: Hope For A Graduate by henryhemon(m): 6:53am On Jun 03, 2017
kayjegs:

Yeah, it costs money but it is worth it. Even when people are looking for jobs, they spend money moving from place to place. Spend money sometimes on materials and looking good for interviews and all sort. If you calculate that over the three, four five years without jobs, you will discover that one has spent a fortune. Not that living abroad is heaven but at least you can live a decent life with basic life necessities met from any work you do. It is better than getting old with no job and no means of livelihood which Nigeria ensures for her youths.

You know anyone who does a good work with Canadian PR ?
Re: Hope For A Graduate by Nobody: 7:59am On Jun 03, 2017
@ secretsuccess this may sound rude bro but you are barking up the wrong tree. Nigeria is backward and simply doesn't have jobs. Get over that. Some good responses here . Just to add mine. I'll say if you are in your mid twenties or about work towards emigrating to the US by any means you can find. Going the Msc route is one way but is not the only way. Move to a country where you can apply your skills and be compensated commensurately. The odds of getting a good life in the US are like 9 in 10. In naija they don't even come close, so accept the reality that things are near impossible in Nigeria and work towards leaving. Don't for a minute harbor the thought that it is difficult, many peaople in worse conditions than you have done it. As an engineering graduate you have a massive edge. Another option would be to get some software or coding skills(very easy for an engineer to learn) or any skill that can make you freelance online and make money. See, this isn't even about you being Nigerian. This is about your right to happiness and self actualization as a human being. Squash every sentimental cell in your body and do what you have to do. I've given this same advice to a teenager in Venezuela who was stuck in a rut. You only have one life brother, get over the sappy victim mindset and work your way out of that hell hole called Nigeria
Re: Hope For A Graduate by holajeedayy: 8:24am On Jun 03, 2017
Every boby is just say he should travel out of naija neglecting the fact that many nigerian are been killed daily also going abroad require money and good link not like common scammer all over
Re: Hope For A Graduate by Rasheedinho3(m): 11:19am On Jun 03, 2017
enshi:

Firstly, let me start by saying congratulations cos believe me this thread getting on to front page solves ur problem half way if not completely...

Secondly find out the best possible ways to appreciate the kind mod who did this miracle for you...

Then listen to this :

Was in your shoes a month ago... Now i am the head of HR in a place that looks like heaven on earth to me... I have Hnd distinction in computer engineering with 2.1 BSc in same...

See my magic

1. I went back to status quo with God.

2. There is no number 2 cos number one is all you need to do.

Just like you a similar thread of mine hit the front page and that was it

Lastly bro please start training your self on office etiquetes cos when and where God is taking you will blow your mind.. If you have any means pls learn some software applications

Before i go pls do not i repeat do not measure your success with others..

Take for instance a friend of mine has worked for 8 months now and he just got an apartment i just worked for less than two months and i have same...

Dont stop updating your knowledge so you can defend same on that day.. Drop your CV anyways

should I drop my CV too?
I studied Economics and I'm through with Service.
Thanks in advance.
Re: Hope For A Graduate by Rasheedinho3(m): 11:24am On Jun 03, 2017
KELVIN086:
I can see they are so many unemployed and underemployed people on this thread , my advice for you all is find a way to get out of the country to countries like canada , us , Australia.

You even still need at least 300-400k to get out of the country. Nothing is easy, nothing is easy, nothing is easy. I'm getting tired jare even though I've not used up to Six months at home after service. It's very depressing!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

SBC (Seven-up Bottling Company) Graduate Trainee Interview Session / Federal Civil Service Commission Recruitment: When is the next recruitment? / Statistics Of Unemployed Nigerians By Gender And Qualification. Do You Agree?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.