Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,761 members, 7,802,322 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:28 PM

What Is The Worst Wrong Thing You Have Ever Been Taught In School (see Mine) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Is The Worst Wrong Thing You Have Ever Been Taught In School (see Mine) (6362 Views)

What Was The Craziest Thing You Experienced In Secondary School? / South African Schoolgirls Smoking In School. See Reactions (Photos) / What Were You Taught In School That You Later Learned Was Completely Untrue? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Worst Wrong Thing You Have Ever Been Taught In School (see Mine) by waunieducation: 6:50pm On May 29, 2017
Adekunzy:
Back then in secondary school, JSS3 to be precise, We threw a question to our English teacher as to why we use "AN" for words like "Egg", "Umbrella" e.t.c.

Confused baba stood in front and told us that we use "AN" for Egg because it produces a living thing, and we should respect it.

He further told us that we use "AN" for umbrella because it is in the form of Canopy and it can cover so many people. Brethrens, na so I weak o.
It took the efforts of my parents to make corrections on that for me telling me we use An for vowel sounds as I changed school immediately. They reminded me recently and I couldn't help but laugh
Share yours;

Cc Lalasticlala
WAUniEductation is an Educational and Academic counseling Agency providing professional support to prospective admission seekers within Nigeria and West African countries with a guaranteed service delivery.

We have collaborated prestigious and internationally accredited Universities in Ghana, Republic of Benin, Ivory Coast etc to help suitably qualified students gain university admission with ease. This opportunity is also available for HND Holders who desire a top degree in 8 months and future Postgraduate students.

COURSE AVAILABLE FOR UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSION SEEKERS ARE:

Economics, Accountancy, Business administration, Risk management, Marketing , Human Resource Management, Management Information System, Banking/insurance, International relations, Human resources management, Project and quality management, Computer science, Computer Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Information technology, Mass communication, Advertising & publicity management, Tourism & hotel management, Transport & logistics management, Journalism. Pharmacy, Nursing, Human Nutrition, Human Biology

COURSES AVAILABLE FOR MASTERS:
Financial Management, Human Resource Management, Marketing, Business Administration, Accounting , Computer science, Business information systems, Software engineering, Network engineering, Computer security administration, Business intelligence systems,Quality control Management, MBA in various management areas

For those concerned about the Accrediatation of these Universities by the Nigerian government. Kindly read below.

• Universities are Approved by the Nigerian federal ministry of education and NUC for NYSC. NYSC is guaranteed on graduation as graduands list are forwarded directly to the NYSC for deployment.
• Universities in French-speaking countries like Republic of Benin are approved by cames, an accreditation body for universities in francophone Africa and Madagascar.
• Only five (5) credits needed which must include Maths and English at not more than two sittings.
• No jamb required for Nigerian Students. No aptitude tests, just your WAEC, NECO, OND,HND etc
• Medium of Intruction is 100% in English.
• No strikes whatsoever. Completion of programme in record time.
• Degree completion in only 3 years.
• OND direct entry completion in 2 years.
• Top-up HND to BSC in only 12 months(One Year).
• Complete masters in only 12 months(One Year).
• Flexible learning mode available.
• Conducive and comfortable hostel accommodation for all students.
• Very affordable tuition and accommodation.
• Fees can be paid in Naira. No forex (dollar/pounds/euro etc) dichotomy.
• No study/student visa required.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hurry Now and take the bold step to brighter futur

Call Our Ghana Lines: +233549554527, +233276131258 OR E-mail Us: waunieducation@gmail.com
Whatsapp:+233276131258 (Enquiries only)
Instagram:@wa_unieducation
Re: What Is The Worst Wrong Thing You Have Ever Been Taught In School (see Mine) by Adekunzy(m): 7:12pm On May 29, 2017
durasome:
mine was in my ss3 2013/14 our geography teacher told us that we have only seventeen countries in Africa just because only seventeen countries qualified for the African cup of Nations then. till today I still see that man and I use to say to myself how did this one scald through to become a teacher.
This got me rolling on the floor.. Hahaha

1 Like

Re: What Is The Worst Wrong Thing You Have Ever Been Taught In School (see Mine) by darlingnuel(m): 7:17pm On May 29, 2017
Olochedavido:
i was made to believe with my federal craft certificate (FCC), jobs would b chasing me. now, i done even know where d paper is
lol...laugh Don make me slap Buhar.i
Re: What Is The Worst Wrong Thing You Have Ever Been Taught In School (see Mine) by ilevic(m): 8:13pm On May 29, 2017
So many things my teachers taught me wrongly I believed them back them because I tot teachers know all. But know av unlearned the wrong things cos I know they are human
Re: What Is The Worst Wrong Thing You Have Ever Been Taught In School (see Mine) by Zane2point4(m): 8:22pm On May 29, 2017
I hv been told that the earth is spherical..

Its a big lie.. ..
If earth is spherical as they say, WHY DONT WE LOOSE BALANCE OR FALL OFF THE EDGE?

Was also told the earth rotate which causes day and night.

Why dont we notice the minute movement, me wey dey one place for office why earth never rotate me move go canteen?

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Wrong Thing You Have Ever Been Taught In School (see Mine) by celwonder(m): 8:23pm On May 29, 2017
Oluwasaeon:
Bro gravity is not a force. Read!

guy abeg we all dey learn. if gravity is not a force, den wetin gravity be??

1 Like

Re: What Is The Worst Wrong Thing You Have Ever Been Taught In School (see Mine) by Martinez19(m): 8:29pm On May 29, 2017
Pluskid:

Gravity is not a force?
But it is defined as the force of attraction acting towards the centre of the earth you know. Right?

And I am not understanding, if a white man makes a mistake it's no problem?
gravitation is due to the curvature of spacetime in the presence of matter and energy.
Re: What Is The Worst Wrong Thing You Have Ever Been Taught In School (see Mine) by Oluwasaeon(m): 8:32pm On May 29, 2017
celwonder:

Gravity is actually a distortion of space and time
Re: What Is The Worst Wrong Thing You Have Ever Been Taught In School (see Mine) by Nobody: 8:41pm On May 29, 2017
darlingnuel:
lol...laugh Don make me slap Buhar.i
slap ke, u no dey fear burutai? i no dey o
Re: What Is The Worst Wrong Thing You Have Ever Been Taught In School (see Mine) by celwonder(m): 8:49pm On May 29, 2017
Martinez19:
gravitation is due to the curvature of spacetime in the presence of matter and energy.

u ar giving d reason for gravity and not the definition. if space is curved and as a result there is no pulling force on any object in it ( i.e space), d object will be in a fixed position being almost totally static just like the sun which does not add up in science because every object in motion is as a result of d action of force(s)

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Wrong Thing You Have Ever Been Taught In School (see Mine) by micontysneh(m): 9:00pm On May 29, 2017
alphaXIII:
your parents were wrong too
"a" and "an" does not strictly obey the vowel consonant rule...
example
a university instead of an university

The pronunciation of university sounds like a consonant sound datx y....go school bro

1 Like

Re: What Is The Worst Wrong Thing You Have Ever Been Taught In School (see Mine) by Nobody: 9:09pm On May 29, 2017
Mine was in jss 3 when i wanted to write junior waec..

my PHE teacher, mr aparo(we gave him the name-he was too dirty), while teaching us soccer(the only topic he taught for the term), told us that a player would be given yellow card three times before the refree could give the player a red card grin

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Worst Wrong Thing You Have Ever Been Taught In School (see Mine) by Mightyraw(m): 9:10pm On May 29, 2017
Oluwasaeon:
That gravity is a force
Even the whites are guilty of this so no biggie
Ever heard about gravitational force of attraction?
Re: What Is The Worst Wrong Thing You Have Ever Been Taught In School (see Mine) by Martinez19(m): 9:18pm On May 29, 2017
celwonder:

u ar giving d reason for gravity and not the definition. if space is curved and as a result there is no pulling force on any object in it ( i.e space), d object will be in a fixed position being almost totally static just like the sun which does not add up in science because every object in motion is as a result of d action of force(s)
okay, gravitation is not a force because due to the curvature of spacetime in the presence of matter and energy, all bodies move with the same acceleration during the so called free fall. The curvature of spacetime is leading you in a particular direction at the same acceleration (the magnitude of which depends on the large body in question) it will for any other object regardless of the mass. During free fall in vacuum, you don't feel your weight. The idea that gravitation is a force is newtonian which has been dethroned by relativity.

In space, small bodies are influenced by large bodies because large bodies curve space more than small bodies. That is why small bodies revolve around large bodies but never will a large body revolve around a small body. That is why instead of space time curving around you to attract the earth, the earth, being far larger, curve space grately and attracts you to it. The larger the body, the greater the curvature of space. This is the idea of general relativity, a theory that has been verified experimentally.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Worst Wrong Thing You Have Ever Been Taught In School (see Mine) by celwonder(m): 9:40pm On May 29, 2017
Martinez19:
okay, gravitation is not a force because due to the curvature of spacetime in the presence of matter and energy, all bodies move with the same acceleration during the so called free fall. The curvature of spacetime is leading you in a particular direction at the same acceleration (the magnitude of which depends on the large body in question) it will for any other object regardless of the mass. During free fall in vacuum, you don't feel your weight. The idea that gravitation is a force is newtonian which has been dethroned by relativity.

In space, small bodies are influenced by large bodies because large bodies curve space more than small bodies. That is why small bodies revolve around large bodies but never will a large body revolve around a small body. That is why instead of space time curving around you to attract the earth, the earth, being far larger, curve space grately and attracts you to it. The larger the body, the greater the curvature of space. This is the idea of general relativity, a theory that has been verified experimentally.

I understand ur general relativity theory referencing, and I hope u knw dat d theory is still in its kindergarten phase of experimentation??

btw d space and the object irrespective of how large or small it is) which of dem is moving??
Re: What Is The Worst Wrong Thing You Have Ever Been Taught In School (see Mine) by Slowvenom(m): 10:25pm On May 29, 2017
alphaXIII:
your parents were wrong too "a" and "an" does not strictly obey the vowel consonant rule... example a university instead of an university
bro, the U in university isn't a vowel sound.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Worst Wrong Thing You Have Ever Been Taught In School (see Mine) by Martinez19(m): 10:28pm On May 29, 2017
celwonder:

I understand ur general relativity theory referencing, and I hope u knw dat d theory is still in its kindergarten phase of experimentation??

btw d space and the object irrespective of how large or small it is) which of dem is moving??
General relativity is the best theory of gravity in the world. I personally believe the theory is true but people want to verify experimentally before they fully accept. The postulate of gravitational waves by general relativity was found to be true in 2015. Black holes has been verified. The bending of light around the sun and the extent to which it bends as provided by general relativity was proved to be correct. What more do you want? Even the perihelion shift in the orbit of Mercury was accounted for perfectly by general relativity---- something newton's law of gravity was unable to account for.

Concerning the question of which is moving, if a single body was alone in the universe, it will remain in its position ie. static in space. All you have is a static body with space curved around it. If a much smaller body were to be introduced in its vicinity, the small body will be influenced by the curved space around the large body and a movement of the smaller body will occur.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Worst Wrong Thing You Have Ever Been Taught In School (see Mine) by hardbody: 10:43pm On May 29, 2017
alphaXIII:
your parents were wrong too
"a" and "an" does not strictly obey the vowel consonant rule...
example
a university instead of an university

English language self na idiot
Re: What Is The Worst Wrong Thing You Have Ever Been Taught In School (see Mine) by hardbody: 10:45pm On May 29, 2017
Martinez19:
General relativity is the best theory of gravity in the world. I personally believe the theory is true but people want to verify experimentally before they fully accept. The postulate of gravitational waves by general relativity was found to be true in 2015. Black holes has been verified. The bending of light around the sun and the extent to which it bends as provided by general relativity was proved to be correct. What more do you want? Even the perihelion shift in the orbit of Mercury was accounted for perfectly by general relativity---- something newton's law of gravity was unable to account for.

Concerning the question of which is moving, if a single body was alone in the universe, it will remain in its position ie. static in space. All you have is a static body with space curved around it. If a much smaller body were to be introduced in its vicinity, the small body will be influenced by the curved space around the large body and a movement of the smaller body will occur.

Seriously shocked....adonbelieveit
Re: What Is The Worst Wrong Thing You Have Ever Been Taught In School (see Mine) by hardbody: 10:46pm On May 29, 2017
CondomSir:
Mine was in jss 3 when i wanted to write junior waec..

my PHE teacher, mr aparo(we gave him the name-he was too dirty), while teaching us soccer(the only topic he taught for the term), told us that a player would be given yellow card three times before the refree could give the player a red card grin

Yes now, if you are playing orange.
Re: What Is The Worst Wrong Thing You Have Ever Been Taught In School (see Mine) by hardbody: 10:49pm On May 29, 2017
Martinez19:

See confusion. What are you now saying....una can fit lie for Africa

I don't even know what they are saying, let me come and be going abeg
Re: What Is The Worst Wrong Thing You Have Ever Been Taught In School (see Mine) by HARDDON: 10:51pm On May 29, 2017
Oluwasaeon:
That gravity is a force
Even the whites are guilty of this so no biggie

What is gravity then?
Re: What Is The Worst Wrong Thing You Have Ever Been Taught In School (see Mine) by JhimmyThall(m): 10:58pm On May 29, 2017
Way back in children Church.. They do tell us 3 wise men visited Jesus.. Even wen we are staging the birth of Christ during Christmas Carol we do use 3 use man coz of the 3 different gifts they offered Jesus Christ....Later after many years discovered it wasn't 3 wise men

1 Like

Re: What Is The Worst Wrong Thing You Have Ever Been Taught In School (see Mine) by Martinez19(m): 11:00pm On May 29, 2017
hardbody:

See confusion. What are you now saying....una can fit lie for Africa

I don't even know what they are saying, let me come and be going abeg
a man cannot eat the food meant for the gods. grin grin
Re: What Is The Worst Wrong Thing You Have Ever Been Taught In School (see Mine) by holywahala19(m): 11:05pm On May 29, 2017
durasome:
mine was in my ss3 2013/14 our geography teacher told us that we have only seventeen countries in Africa just because only seventeen countries qualified for the African cup of Nations then. till today I still see that man and I use to say to myself how did this one scald through to become a teacher.
scald through indeed.

elementary school fee is not all that costly,go enrol urself to one.

I'm very rich my people o.
Trafford UK.
Bentley.
Re: What Is The Worst Wrong Thing You Have Ever Been Taught In School (see Mine) by Niyeal(m): 11:09pm On May 29, 2017
That Mungo park discovered river niger, it is a lie, indigeneous people of the area discovered it.
Teacher: explain Tin mine
Student; agolo mi (My Tin)
Re: What Is The Worst Wrong Thing You Have Ever Been Taught In School (see Mine) by hrykanu231(m): 12:55am On May 30, 2017
dauddy97:
I was told when i was in pry school dat,eating oily,salty and food cooked with paper and maggi could nullify ablution,it was yesterday when i was argueing with a friend of mine in the hostel that eating cooked foods nullifies ablution...after all the long arguement i was told by one of our course mate who is islamical knowledgible said that only smoked foods such as roasted corn,roasted yam...and alcohol can nullify ablution

You see, I want to learn about Islam and hopefully convert. But it seems to carry too much coercion directly or indirectly. Take nairaland for example...must I accept that declaration before learning about Islam?
Re: What Is The Worst Wrong Thing You Have Ever Been Taught In School (see Mine) by phemmyfour: 4:18am On May 30, 2017
celwonder:

Perhaps he's referring to 'g' acc due to gravity and not gravitational force Fg

1 Like

Re: What Is The Worst Wrong Thing You Have Ever Been Taught In School (see Mine) by phemmyfour: 4:26am On May 30, 2017
That quadratic equation is Almighty Formula

That Michael Faraday died by electrocution
Re: What Is The Worst Wrong Thing You Have Ever Been Taught In School (see Mine) by dabrake(m): 5:05am On May 30, 2017
BODMAS =
Bracket
Of [instead of order (meaning exponentiation or 'power of'). Learnt this during my 100L programming days.]
Multiplication
Division
Addition
Subtraction

1 Like

Re: What Is The Worst Wrong Thing You Have Ever Been Taught In School (see Mine) by celwonder(m): 7:19am On May 30, 2017
[quote author=Martinez19 post=57004095] General relativity is the best theory of gravity in the world. I personally believe the theory is true but people want to verify experimentally before they fully accept. The postulate of gravitational waves by general relativity was found to be true in 2015. Black holes has been verified. The bending of light around the sun and the extent to which it bends as provided by general relativity was proved to be correct. What more do you want? Even the perihelion shift in the orbit of Mercury was accounted for perfectly by general relativity---- something newton's law of gravity was unable to account for.

Concerning the question of which is moving, if a single body was alone in the universe, it will remain in its position ie. static in space. All you have is a static body with space curved around it. If a much smaller body were to be introduced in its vicinity, the small body will be influenced by the curved space around the large body and a movement of the smaller body will occur. [quote

I know of d black hole and gravitational waves discovery as postulated by general relativity theory. dey open a new sphere into d physics science esp as to celestial bodies...

if d black hole is d worm hole, time bcoms an orphan.

in other words, if d larger body is removed, d smaller body bcoms static??

if d ansa is yes, is d curved spactime, d larger object or even both of dem not exerting an influence dat makes d smaller object move??

1 Like

Re: What Is The Worst Wrong Thing You Have Ever Been Taught In School (see Mine) by DaLaw22(m): 7:58am On May 30, 2017
My teacher told me that weed is an unwanted plant.

grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When Is Futa Post-ume Coming Up? / 50% Of Teachers In Sokoto Are Stark Illiterates Says UBEC / Unbelievable! See What A Primary School Teacher Is Teaching Her Pupils

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.