Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,856 members, 7,802,748 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:38 PM

We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics (31565 Views)

Man Marks IPOB Sit-At-Home With Python (Photos) / Biafra Day: IPOB Orders Sit-At-Home In Igboland, Benue, Adamawa, Kogi, Kaduna / Biafra Day: Do Not Force People To Sit At Home, It Is Illegal- Lawyer Warns IPOB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics by BuariCopyPaste: 3:42pm On May 29, 2017
The Archbishop of the Enugu Province, Anglican Communion, Most Rev. Emmanuel Chukwuma, has said that the clergy are not in support of the sit-at-home declared by the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) to commemorate Biafra Remembrance Day.

Most. Rev. Chukwuma made this known at the Democracy Day celebration and second year anniversary of Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi in Enugu on Monday. “Before I offer the opening prayer, let me first of all state the position of the clergy on the sit-at- home declaration by IPOB and MASSOB. “We are not in support of the call.

We advise all to ignore it and go about their legitimate businesses.” Recall that the pro-Biafra groups had declared a sit-at-home order to all Ndigbo to mark the Biafra Remembrance Day billed for May 30.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/05/not-part-Igbos-sit-home-order-mark-biafra-day-anglican-clerics/

7 Likes

Re: We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics by BuariCopyPaste: 3:44pm On May 29, 2017
What a reckless statement from the 'cleric'

I for-see mass exodus/resentment from from Anglican brethrens

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics by vayne(m): 3:46pm On May 29, 2017
That is if Igbos are not the majority in his church or else,,bad market for him be that.

What exactly is the big deal in remembering fallen heroes?the inhabitants of this disastrous experiment of a country disgusts me!

88 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics by BuariCopyPaste: 3:49pm On May 29, 2017
In fact, you are on your own dude.

I'm an Anglican and I will observe the sit-at-home to honor our fallen brethrens.

Biafra restoration is different from Anglican Church.

Someone is afraid of Judaism. cool

180 Likes 6 Shares

Re: We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics by Ifeanyi4491(m): 3:53pm On May 29, 2017
hmm i smell sabo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics by mohaMADbuari: 3:53pm On May 29, 2017
Bishop Chukwuma Iscariot

123 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics by nNEOo(m): 3:53pm On May 29, 2017
sorry sir,but OYO....

23 Likes

Re: We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics by nNEOo(m): 3:56pm On May 29, 2017
am not going anywhere tomorrow, ....am really bothered on how to make it worth my while while observing it....any idea? Anyone?..

20 Likes

Re: We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics by Nobody: 4:04pm On May 29, 2017
I have already bought candles. I will light them up and observe a moment of silence for fallen heroes.

98 Likes 7 Shares

Re: We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics by Nobody: 4:05pm On May 29, 2017
nNEOo:
am not going anywhere tomorrow, ....am really bothered on how to make it worth my while while observing it....any idea? Anyone?..

Read "there was a country" by Chinua Achebe

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics by abouzaid: 4:06pm On May 29, 2017
nNEOo:
I'm going to sleep, eat a special meal,read a book and observe the internet for breaking news. morning mass is also a good way to start the day.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics by abouzaid: 4:12pm On May 29, 2017
so the south east governors and politicians have now enlisted the help of the clergy to sabotage the Biafran struggle. the same clergy that pushed goodluck Jonathan into shame. the Anglican archbishop have the constitutional right to say and do as he said that's if this news isn't false propaganda.

25 Likes

Re: We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics by BuariCopyPaste: 4:39pm On May 29, 2017
abouzaid:
so the south east governors and politicians have now enlisted the help of the clergy to sabotage the Biafran struggle. the same clergy that pushed goodluck Jonathan into shame. the Anglican archbishop have the constitutional right to say and do as he said that's if this news isn't false propaganda.

Our clergy in their respective parishes do not know what the common man in the street is passing through.

They feed fat on offerings and stock their bans with yams, rice and other foodstuffs.

Generators are on standby to cool their body.

Cars and fueling is not a problem as the parish council sees to that from the parish purse.

Some of them travel abroad as if they are traveling to the village....infact they are OK and contended so why should they worry when the common man devices a survival scheme

97 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics by mikeycharles(m): 4:41pm On May 29, 2017
I don't support Biafra but God bless the Igbos in all their endeavours.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics by adadike281(f): 4:50pm On May 29, 2017
abouzaid:
I don't believe that news, my Anglican mum just spoke with me now, warning me not to step out of d house tomorrow. I just came back from shopping at eke Awka. eke Awka will not open tomorrow.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics by dokiOloye(m): 5:03pm On May 29, 2017
mohaMADbuari:
Bishop Chukwuma Iscariot
grin grin grin.
Why are U wicked like this?
Chaiii,baaad mouth unlimited.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics by kingzizzy: 5:06pm On May 29, 2017
mohaMADbuari:
Bishop Chukwuma Iscariot

Forget Bishop Chukwuma, he represents a small minority in the cleargy

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics by abouzaid: 5:29pm On May 29, 2017
BuariCopyPaste:

Our clergy in their respective parishes do not know what the common man in the street is passing through.

They feed fat on offerings and stock their bans with yams, rice and other foodstuffs.

Generators are on standby to cool their body.

Cars and fueling is not a problem as the parish council sees to that from the parish purse.

Some of them travel abroad as if they are traveling to the village....infact they are OK and contended so why should they worry when the common man devices a survival scheme
i guess you're a Roman Catholic? all you said is the very reason many people are becoming cold towards organised religions, many igbos no longer consider these clergy as men of God.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics by naijacampu(m): 5:37pm On May 29, 2017
I am an Anglican but I am not listening to this, I will comfortably stay at home tomorrow.
Anyone that is not happy about it will have to come to my apartment and drag me out.

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics by Beno3: 5:43pm On May 29, 2017
IPOB never mentioned any church here. Notice me people. angry angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics by NwaAmaikpe: 5:44pm On May 29, 2017
Arch-Bishop Chukwuma..

An unrepentant bribe collector and saboteur.
Right from the days of Dr. Chimaroke Nnamani

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics by NnamdiKanu(m): 5:44pm On May 29, 2017
there is no compulsion Bishop...
Speak for yasef.. And not for ur members..
Helicopter hovering everywhere in umuahia today..
I still dunno why Nigeria is so scared about this 30th may grin

Hydraulic consumers will soon arrive

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics by awa(m): 5:44pm On May 29, 2017
Attention seekers no One is asking you to be part of it....

I may not support the current form of the Biafrian agitation but truth is Millions of people died during the war and we can remember them tomorrow since Nigerian Govt don't remember what led to the war.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics by lonelydora: 5:44pm On May 29, 2017
Thank God, i am not going to work tomorrow. I'm core Biafran. Them never born who go give me query.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics by larion: 5:44pm On May 29, 2017
BuariCopyPaste:
What a reckless statement from the 'cleric'

I for-see mass exodus/resentment from from Anglican brethrens

The way you guys reason ehn...I just taya

Soooo selfish and self centered....

For crying out loud he is a man of God not a politician, supporting it will be against Nigeria which is an offence and can be called a sin, remember he is a man of God.

FYI how many SE Governors has come out to openly support Biafra, even if they want it, they can't embrace it openly.....think , think think!

Even the SE business man that are freestyle, they are supporting with sense.... How much more a man of God

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics by jBama(f): 5:45pm On May 29, 2017
E don happen

1 Like

Re: We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics by Zico5(m): 5:45pm On May 29, 2017
I know they will attack the man of God for saying the truth. The truth is bitter but must be said at all cost. The rationale behind sit at home just to mark Biafra day is what I don't understand.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics by Evablizin(f): 5:45pm On May 29, 2017
Ok we shall see,anglican clerics no sit at home for you people ooo,counselling must be done and other things,seeing members sitting at home lols

1 Like

Re: We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics by Nobody: 5:46pm On May 29, 2017
BuariCopyPaste:
In fact, you are on your own dude.

I'm an Anglican and I will observe the sit-at-home to honor our fallen brethrens.

Biafra restoration is different from Anglican Church.

Someone is afraid of Judaism. cool
Re: We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics by shachris02: 5:46pm On May 29, 2017
Ndi igbo mepee nu anya (open your eyes). This is not the Biafra you seek. Ojukwu used Biafra to fight his personal war with Gowan. Now this con man albino, Nnamdi Kanu is using the same Biafra to amass power. Judaism is the fastest growing religion in the east. My people are now bowing down to greet a mortal. Kedu ihe mmere anyi? what happened to the great igbo tribe that I used to Know?

Biafra is in deeds. Helping your fellow igboman, my friend, is indeed the Biafra you seek.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We’re Not Part Of Ipob’s Sit-home Order To Mark Biafra Day – Anglican Clerics by Nobody: 5:46pm On May 29, 2017
Of course churches are not involved. Only Biafrans are. Next pls

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

See The Moment President Buhari And His Entire Household Voted Tinubu (Pictures) / Don't Run Away To East Gov Yero Of Kaduna State Appeals To Ndigbo / Caption Governor Wike In This Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.