Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,865 members, 7,806,457 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:49 PM

How Much RAM Do You Really Need In Android Smart Device? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Much RAM Do You Really Need In Android Smart Device? (16212 Views)

My Phone Uses Too Much Ram Size. / See The Top 10 New Features In Android Oreo 8.0 / 8 Reasons Why People Root Their Android Smart Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much RAM Do You Really Need In Android Smart Device? by thesolutions(m): 8:10am On May 30, 2017
Hubermascot1992:
not dat kind of Ram, we are talking about phone RAM, Random Access Memory. which determines the phone speed
OK. Ramadan Access Memory. OK. I understand.
Re: How Much RAM Do You Really Need In Android Smart Device? by Ruhamah23(m): 8:12am On May 30, 2017
I ɑɱ uรiɳg 2gɓ ʀɑɱ ɓut I Բɛɛʆ ʆikɛ uรiɳg 4gɓ ʀɑɱ....
gѳiɳg Բѳʀ xiɑѳɱi ɳɛxt grin
Re: How Much RAM Do You Really Need In Android Smart Device? by kaymart: 8:12am On May 30, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
angry As a spirit filled Jehovah Witness; I don't need a RAM
Because I don't believe in Ramadan.
That's how you fail exams. Who asked u about Ramadan here. Bigots. Funny enough, he doesn't even know a single verse of the Bible off hand.

1 Like

Re: How Much RAM Do You Really Need In Android Smart Device? by miketayo(m): 8:14am On May 30, 2017
tribalistseun:
Nice one OP, as a non gamer 2GB ram is ok. But honestly 1gb ram is punishment, you won't know until you buy 2 or 3 GB ram.

Only if u r using an android device, 1gb ram works fine with ios nd windows phones
Re: How Much RAM Do You Really Need In Android Smart Device? by miketayo(m): 8:19am On May 30, 2017
Hubermascot1992:
not dat kind of Ram, we are talking about phone RAM, Random Access Memory. which determines the phone speed

U get time, can't u see he is trolling
Re: How Much RAM Do You Really Need In Android Smart Device? by badbreathcure101: 8:19am On May 30, 2017
Even 12gig will never do well with Android, whereas even as low as 1gig is enough for an iPhone to give u it's best
Re: How Much RAM Do You Really Need In Android Smart Device? by dbossbuggy(m): 8:20am On May 30, 2017
2gb ram its not for low budget users.... abi iphone na teeth dem take dey buy am.

I have webmail, smtp, mailers, skype log, fb log, alibaba log.
Re: How Much RAM Do You Really Need In Android Smart Device? by Nobody: 8:28am On May 30, 2017
EagleScribes:
The more the RAM, the more the need to use it. This comes with advancement in technology.
Many of us started with 512 RAM phones and felt cool with it. And now, 3gb RAM looks small. I won't be surprised if 10gb RAM gets produced soon

exactly! computer systems started like dat. At a time a computer dat had 512MB of RAM was considered the best in d MKT
I won't b surprised if in the future a phone comes wit 10G of RAM.
the most beautiful things are yet to b created

1 Like

Re: How Much RAM Do You Really Need In Android Smart Device? by Nobody: 8:44am On May 30, 2017
Shit!! Damn!! I was thinking of the sallah ram! Mehn
Re: How Much RAM Do You Really Need In Android Smart Device? by Marxv: 9:12am On May 30, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
angry As a spirit filled Jehovah Witness; I don't need a RAM
Because I don't believe in Ramadan.

Do you people believe in the Holy Spirit?
Re: How Much RAM Do You Really Need In Android Smart Device? by fratermathy(m): 9:13am On May 30, 2017
RAM can actually be increased easily with the aid of a couple of apps and a solid SD card or internal memory. I actually upgraded a phone of 1GB ram to 4GB and it was bae! wink grin
Re: How Much RAM Do You Really Need In Android Smart Device? by ROYH(m): 9:23am On May 30, 2017
Oga, As You Reading This So, I Wan Upgrade My Ram sotey but thing the dey give chills as per say if u no be expert in that area, u might just as Well dig ur grave ( brick d phone) ...
fratermathy:
RAM can actually be increased easily with the aid of a couple of apps and a solid SD card or internal memory. I actually upgraded a phone of 1GB ram to 4GB and it was bae! wink grin
u fit teach me bar?
Apps need plus i get 16GB ROM Here
Re: How Much RAM Do You Really Need In Android Smart Device? by fratermathy(m): 9:33am On May 30, 2017
ROYH:
Oga, As You Reading This So, I Wan Upgrade My Ram sotey but thing the dey give chills as per say if u no be expert in that area, u might just as Well dig ur grave ( brick d phone) ...u fit teach me bar?
Apps need plus i get 16GB ROM Here

Its a complicated process o but it works well. These are the basic steps:

1. Root your phone
2. Download MemoryInfo & Swapfile Check
3. Run number 2

If it shows you successful, then you may hit me up to proceed. If not, then your device is incompatible and forcing it may brick it.
Re: How Much RAM Do You Really Need In Android Smart Device? by ROYH(m): 9:39am On May 30, 2017
At The Bolded, My Device Is W3 And Rooting It Gan Na 3D Action With Pc Things...
fratermathy:

1. Root your phone
3. Run number 2

If it shows you successful, then you may hit me up to proceed. If not, then your device is incompatible and forcing it may brick it.
Re: How Much RAM Do You Really Need In Android Smart Device? by fratermathy(m): 9:43am On May 30, 2017
ROYH:
At The Bolded, My Device Is W3 And Rooting It Gan Na 3D Action With Pc Things...

Have you tried KingRoot? It works 80% of the time.

In any case, you need a rooted phone to expand the RAM.
Re: How Much RAM Do You Really Need In Android Smart Device? by morax101(m): 9:45am On May 30, 2017
HARDDON:
For the marjority, 2GB RAM is just perfect.

But we all know 1 GB is most rampant now due to budget

RAM size doesn't depict how fast a device will be but the processor power and clock speed. I've once used a device with 4G RAM but I am so naive to check the processor maker and clock speed. I sold the device off because it's just useless when it comes performing some tasks and 1G RAM iPhone 6s does them with ease. I must say RAM ain't the determining factor at all when it comes to speed and performance.

1 Like

Re: How Much RAM Do You Really Need In Android Smart Device? by morax101(m): 9:47am On May 30, 2017
badbreathcure101:
Even 12gig will never do well with Android, whereas even as low as 1gig is enough for an iPhone to give u it's best

Exactly, processors are the determining factor not RAM

1 Like

Re: How Much RAM Do You Really Need In Android Smart Device? by HARDDON: 10:13am On May 30, 2017
morax101:

RAM size doesn't depict how fast a device will be but the processor power and clock speed. I've once used a device with 4G RAM but I am so naive to check the processor maker and clock speed. I sold the device off because it's just useless when it comes performing some tasks and 1G RAM iPhone 6s does them with ease. I must say RAM ain't the determining factor at all when it comes to speed and performance.

Technically, RAM is not a speed determinant.
Itz major work is to provide virtual space for launched apps to run temporarily until they are closed. This is why its called volatile memory n when the phone goes off impromptly, all previously running apps are wiped off. Hence u r advisd to save your work wen using office packages.

Yes, you are right, the processor n in effect clock speed determines how fast or slow a device is.
However, when you tap on an app to launch it on a powerful processor device, the processor though very powerful, wud struggle to launch same app if the Ram does not have enough space to run such . Hence the device wud struggle to accomplish the task. It either freezes, app wud not run even after u tap or app wud launch but freeze on d logo phase.
If the device manages to run d app, operating same becomes very sluggish. If it is a game app, the flow glitches.

So yes, the processor must be strong n there should also be enough room to speed.
Of what use is a super charger turbo sports rides on potholes filled roads?

About ur previous device, it was an uneven play ground. Smooth road to run( big RAM) rickety Ride( processor) outcome? Oh well cheesy
Re: How Much RAM Do You Really Need In Android Smart Device? by olasupoolabode(m): 10:45am On May 30, 2017
I think 2gig is moderately OK.

1 Like

Re: How Much RAM Do You Really Need In Android Smart Device? by colbankz(m): 10:55am On May 30, 2017
smartty68:
Not funny. Please try again tongue

Re: How Much RAM Do You Really Need In Android Smart Device? by wale0911: 10:56am On May 30, 2017
fratermathy:

1. Root your phone
3. Run number 2

Yeah, pretty an easy thing to do if you have the geek in you activated. I would recommend Roehsoft ramexpander. My huawei mediapad 1gb ram runs smoothly than my Samsung Note with 3gb ram.

1 Like

Re: How Much RAM Do You Really Need In Android Smart Device? by olasupoolabode(m): 10:58am On May 30, 2017
You dey mind them . Talking as if they believe in Holy spirit .uote author=Marxv post=57013280]

Do you people believe in the Holy Spirit?[/quote]
Re: How Much RAM Do You Really Need In Android Smart Device? by ensamy(m): 1:14pm On May 30, 2017
40k RAM for RAMADAN feast in Mecca.
Re: How Much RAM Do You Really Need In Android Smart Device? by donhils: 2:11pm On May 30, 2017
eezeribe:
When it comes to technology,Nigerians don't have a choice.we are the dumping ground.
Even the likes of Apple and Samsung,specifically set up their Chinese factories for servicing Africa including Nigeria,among others.
You just complained and contributed nothing to what is on ground.
Re: How Much RAM Do You Really Need In Android Smart Device? by donhils: 2:14pm On May 30, 2017
2gb ram in any phone with good optimization will perform very well. 3gb is like standard now but anything above 4gb ram is just a marketing gimmick cos in real life you may not notice the difference in ram management in a 6gb ram phone and a 3gb ram phone.
Re: How Much RAM Do You Really Need In Android Smart Device? by donhils: 2:16pm On May 30, 2017
morax101:

iPhone 6s is 2gb ram not 1gb.
Re: How Much RAM Do You Really Need In Android Smart Device? by donhils: 2:19pm On May 30, 2017
badbreathcure101:
If 1gb ram was so good on iPhones, why did they ditch it and move to 2gb ram? Soon iphones 7s and 8 will be coming with 3gb ram or even more.

1 Like

Re: How Much RAM Do You Really Need In Android Smart Device? by texazzpete(m): 2:57pm On May 30, 2017
fratermathy:

Ignorance no good o

1 Like

Re: How Much RAM Do You Really Need In Android Smart Device? by badbreathcure101: 2:59pm On May 30, 2017
donhils:

If 1gb ram was so good on iPhones, why did they ditch it and move to 2gb ram? Soon iphones 7s and 8 will be coming with 3gb ram or even more.
because iphones have evolved to be very powerful and has achieved great processing capabilities..it will take an Android with real powerful Snapdragon processors n up to 8gig rams to match that... iPhones are Powerful than most pcs today true or false??
Re: How Much RAM Do You Really Need In Android Smart Device? by tribalistseun: 3:17pm On May 30, 2017
I can't wait to buy iphone 6 plus, then I'm good.
Re: How Much RAM Do You Really Need In Android Smart Device? by mathy001: 3:25pm On May 30, 2017
texazzpete:

Ignorance no good o

Which ignorance? That you don't know physical RAM can be increased with ROM or external drives/memory? Even a day-old computer enthusiast knows this!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Browse For Free In The Night [MTN] / Best Online Businesses To Run With My 9.5 Million / Tecno To Launch Spark Series, Starting With Tecno Spark Telephone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.