Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,458 members, 7,808,635 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:33 PM

Lightning Strikes Man To Death In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lightning Strikes Man To Death In Lagos (804 Views)

Thunder Strikes Man Dead In Edo State / Lightning Kills Germany Returnee In Ebonyi Hotel Room / Lightning Strikes 36 Cows To Death In Ondo (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lightning Strikes Man To Death In Lagos by MiracleGoogle: 9:30pm On May 29, 2017
The corpse of a yet to be identified man, who was allegedly “struck dead by lightning”, has been abandoned at the Berger area of Lagos.

The corpse was abandoned at the Berger lay-by, along the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway.
According to eyewitnesses, the man was struck by lightning during a heavy rainfall on Saturday.

A man, who identified himself only as Akeem, told The Punch that the incident happened when the man was trying to cross the expressway.

He said, “The man was struck by lightning on Saturday. When the rain was falling, there was a lightning which was followed by a thunder clap. Later, I heard some people shouting. I went there to see what happened; and this man was lying there. He was dead.”

Another eyewitness, Olamide Niyi, said he was not sure of what led to the man’s death, but the residents of the area had alerted the police.

Lagos Police PRO, ASP Olarinde Famous-Cole, said he had drawn the attention of the Divisional Police Officer, Isheri Police Division, to the corpse.
“The police will remove the corpse and investigation will be carried out,” he added.

Source: http://scoregist.com/2017/05/29/lightning-strikes-man-to-death-in-lagos/

Re: Lightning Strikes Man To Death In Lagos by HungerBAD: 9:32pm On May 29, 2017
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: Lightning Strikes Man To Death In Lagos by Adeevah(m): 9:37pm On May 29, 2017
Pix
Re: Lightning Strikes Man To Death In Lagos by balanceofterror1(m): 9:40pm On May 29, 2017
Check if there are potholes on his face.
Re: Lightning Strikes Man To Death In Lagos by balanceofterror1(m): 9:40pm On May 29, 2017
Check if there are potholes on his face.
Re: Lightning Strikes Man To Death In Lagos by yemsai(f): 9:48pm On May 29, 2017
Hope u r not talking abt dis one.....cos na for Ibadan I see am sis afternoon on my way to Lagos....close to iwo road...d corpse was abandoned on d road...took some pictures...

Re: Lightning Strikes Man To Death In Lagos by Kelly2713(m): 9:55pm On May 29, 2017
the gods are angry
Re: Lightning Strikes Man To Death In Lagos by Nobody: 10:01pm On May 29, 2017
Scientific me : The man was unlucky to be caught in the cross current of a natural electrical discharge. Probably he had on an electric device or something that attracts electricity.
In any case, this is why we should always stay inside during thunderstorms and why tall buildings should have a lightning rod. RIP

Yoruba me : Sango ti binu o... grin grin
Re: Lightning Strikes Man To Death In Lagos by Young03(m): 10:21pm On May 29, 2017
Egbe igwe
na wah o
Re: Lightning Strikes Man To Death In Lagos by sunnysunny69(m): 6:18am On May 30, 2017
Maybe someone said to him thunder fire you !

(1) (Reply)

Us Jails 27-year-old Nigerian For $1 Million Wire Fraud / Man Arrested For Giving Little Girls 500naira To Play With His joystick / What They Did To Me While Snapping Picture At Oniru Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.