Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,151 members, 7,807,505 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:23 PM

Abu Zaria Admission Threads - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Abu Zaria Admission Threads (78419 Views)

New Dress Code For Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria / Scenic Pictures Of ABU Zaria Dam / Abu Zaria Admission List.pdf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by Larasisi(f): 7:52pm On Oct 17, 2017
[quote author=Fayos1 post=61507519]```ADMISSION STATUS CHECK TO COMMENCE ON FRIDAY 20th Oct. 2017.```

The offer of admission has been completed since Thursday 12th Oct. 2017 as gathered from an Admission Board Member.

After a long time meeting last week Thursday, and a rigorous look at the statistics of post-utme scores. The university admission board arrived at he following breakdown as criteria for admission to various colleges/departments.

*Vet. Med, Biochem, Computer.SC, Microbiology, Engineering and statistics will offer admission to candidates with not less than 50percent composite and 35 percent in post-utme.*

*Agric. depts shall offer admission to candidates with not less than 40 percent composite and not less than 25percent postutme score.*

*Please note that you having 50 percent composite for the first-class courses is not a guarantee for admission as it will be based on "composite power" for veterinary medicine, composites of 62 to 55 were only able to reach the population range which the college desired to admit. But be informed that every student choosing vet with composites above 50 but less than 55 were offered admission but not to veterinary medicine. And this may also apply in other departments.*

The interview with the Admission spokesman ended with a question on when the admission status would be ripe for online check. And with all sense of delight and accuracy in speech , he affirmed by saying...latest Friday this week (i.e 20th Oct. 2017). ```ADMISSION STATUS CHECK TO COMMENCE ON FRIDAY 20th Oct.
Please any idea of the requirement for Mbbs
Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by Larasisi(f): 7:58pm On Oct 17, 2017
Fayos1:
```ADMISSION STATUS CHECK TO COMMENCE ON FRIDAY 20th Oct. 2017.```

The offer of admission has been completed since Thursday 12th Oct. 2017 as gathered from an Admission Board Member.

After a long time meeting last week Thursday, and a rigorous look at the statistics of post-utme scores. The university admission board arrived at he following breakdown as criteria for admission to various colleges/departments.

*Vet. Med, Biochem, Computer.SC, Microbiology, Engineering and statistics will offer admission to candidates with not less than 50percent composite and 35 percent in post-utme.*

*Agric. depts shall offer admission to candidates with not less than 40 percent composite and not less than 25percent postutme score.*

*Please note that you having 50 percent composite for the first-class courses is not a guarantee for admission as it will be based on "composite power" for veterinary medicine, composites of 62 to 55 were only able to reach the population range which the college desired to admit. But be informed that every student choosing vet with composites above 50 but less than 55 were offered admission but not to veterinary medicine. And this may also apply in other departments.*

The interview with the Admission spokesman ended with a question on when the admission status would be ripe for online check. And with all sense of delight and accuracy in speech , he affirmed by saying...latest Friday this week (i.e 20th Oct. 2017). ```ADMISSION STATUS CHECK TO COMMENCE ON FRIDAY 20th Oct. 2017.```
Bros do you have an idea of the requirements for Mbbs?
Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by Fayos1(m): 8:26am On Oct 18, 2017
Guys, my earlier post about admission seems to be fir another school and not ABU. Sorry. False alarm
Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by barackodam: 10:37am On Oct 18, 2017
abduljabbar4:

ok. I wanted to recommend a course with low competition for my neigbhour who has a low average (182). I think it is tve right one for him

I don't know so much about social sciences
Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by absolute2020(m): 4:20pm On Oct 18, 2017
What's the aggregate cut off mark for pharmacy
Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by erenax: 8:39am On Oct 19, 2017
absolute2020:
What's the aggregate cut off mark for pharmacy

200. Are you a pharmacy aspirant?
Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by absolute2020(m): 7:04pm On Oct 19, 2017
erenax:

200. Are you a pharmacy aspirant?
Yes
Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by erenax: 9:32pm On Oct 19, 2017
absolute2020:
Yes

From which state? Am also an aspirant from Niger state
Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by absolute2020(m): 12:21am On Oct 20, 2017
erenax:

From which state? Am also an aspirant from Niger state
From Ebonyi state here is my contact 08036690852
Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by erenax: 1:48am On Oct 20, 2017
absolute2020:
From Ebonyi state here is my contact 08036690852

OK what's your average
Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by Elzak(m): 8:46am On Oct 21, 2017
Please barackodam, what is the usual interval between the first and second list
Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by Elzak(m): 8:48am On Oct 21, 2017
M
Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by Seunfunmi18(m): 8:53am On Oct 21, 2017
Any mechatronics engineering direct entry applicant here?
Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by Seunfunmi18(m): 8:54am On Oct 21, 2017
https://portal.abu.edu.ng/admission/

The website for admission status checking is now accessible.
I don't think they have updated the portal yet tho
Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by Seunfunmi18(m): 9:04am On Oct 21, 2017
Applying Abu direct entry
Mechatronics engineering
Upper credit
1A,2B,2C in my o'level
Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by ssquare199(m): 11:05am On Oct 21, 2017
when will abu zaria release their admission list
Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by barackodam: 11:06am On Oct 21, 2017
Elzak:
Please barackodam, what is the usual interval between the first and second list

No one knows, whenever they're done with it.

In my year, twas 2 weeks, since then, I've not really seen a 2 week interval, usually more than 2 weeks. So, suffice to say, when they're done
Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by barackodam: 11:07am On Oct 21, 2017
Seunfunmi18:
Mechatronics engineering
Upper credit
1A,2B,2C in my o'level

I stand to be corrected, but I don't think your o'level has anything to do with you being admitted or not, you're clearly passed that stage
Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by Joyce5892: 12:28pm On Oct 21, 2017
pls what's my fate scored 213 in jamb with 6A and 3B I choose ABU Zaria pharmacy. Do I have any chance
Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by Seunfunmi18(m): 1:30pm On Oct 21, 2017
barackodam:

I stand to be corrected, but I don't think your o'level has anything to do with you being admitted or not, you're clearly passed that stage

So we would be graded with just our A'level result?
Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by barackodam: 10:04am On Oct 22, 2017
Seunfunmi18:

So we would be graded with just our A'level result?

DE students, yes
Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by kennyjam: 10:23am On Oct 22, 2017
Seunfunmi18:
Mechatronics engineering
Upper credit
1A,2B,2C in my o'level

coincedentally, just found you on this group.

mechatronics engineering is a new department in ABU, under mechanical engineering . Last year' s admitted set, are the first set. So, you stand a good chance of being admitted. They are just about 29 admitted to that department.

Automotive Engineering too is a new course under mechanical engineering department. the last year admitted are about 25 of them.

I belong to the department housing the new departments/courses.

God bless and Bonne Chance!!!

1 Like

Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by Seunfunmi18(m): 11:43am On Oct 22, 2017
kennyjam:

mechatronics engineering is a new department in ABU, under mechanical engineering . Last year' s admitted set, are the first set. So, you stand a good chance of being admitted. They are just about 29 admitted to that department.

Automotive Engineering too is a new course under mechanical engineering department. the last year admitted are about 25 of them.

Bro please add me up on WhatsApp 09055800057
Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by Papacypaul(m): 12:21pm On Oct 22, 2017
kennyjam:

hw far,wah did u knw bou ABU special admissn? i applied civil engr ,i have HND upper credit..How many do u think dy do admit? is it subject to available space
Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by centitan(m): 2:06pm On Oct 22, 2017
Joyce5892:
pls what's my fate
scored 213 in jamb with 6A and 3B
I choose ABU Zaria pharmacy.
Do I have any chance
you did not post ur post utme score ,abi u no write,your waec result is used in the admission process. jamb and post utme are used.
Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by kennyjam: 4:02pm On Oct 22, 2017
Papacypaul:
hw far,wah did u knw bou ABU special admissn? i applied civil engr ,i have HND upper credit..How many do u think dy do admit? is it subject to available space

I dont know about special admission but from someone above me in level told me ABU does give special admission. Talking about the number being admitted, i dont know. I think that some factors(which i assume you know some if not all) are what determine what and how many people are given special admission each year. i'm pretty sure that it fluctuates.

What you will do is prayer and being hopeful.
Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by erenax: 4:05pm On Oct 22, 2017
Joyce5892:
pls what's my fate
scored 213 in jamb with 6A and 3B
I choose ABU Zaria pharmacy.
Do I have any chance

It's not your jamb score that will be used it's your aggregate that will be used and what state are you from
Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by Inaco: 6:31am On Oct 23, 2017
Is an average of 283 matured enough for mbbs, from Benue state
Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by Danjuma827(m): 6:53am On Oct 23, 2017
abduljabbar4:

Who is this mumu? With all the bad news we have been hearing about that useless university? If ui was better than ABU then i see no reason why South westerners would keep on fighting to get admitted. Your problem is that you make conclusions based on what you have been told. That it is located in the north does not mean that ui is better. The uni is bigger, more beautiful, and most importantly, its students are naturally ahead of all other Nigerian students
you people 're getting it wrong, the university will not read for you or write your exams for you. Forget about being the best university or not. A second class upper guy in any university is better than a second class lower guy on the best university. All you need is to be focus and read hard.
Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by thernee: 4:25pm On Oct 31, 2017
No news about the admission list?
Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by spiritualmubi: 5:18pm On Oct 31, 2017
Good day pals, well done. I have 253 in jamb and 230 in post utme, 242 average, going for mbbs from kaduna, what do u think? my chances?
Re: Abu Zaria Admission Threads by erenax: 7:43pm On Oct 31, 2017
spiritualmubi:
Good day pals, well done. I have 253 in jamb and 230 in post utme, 242 average, going for mbbs from kaduna, what do u think? my chances?

It's only God that knows your chances bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (30) (Reply)

Chrisland Breaks Silence On Sex Scandal, 5 Pupils Misbehaved In Dubai / UK Pervert Teacher Who Forces Pupils' Hands Down Her Trousers Jailed / List Of Professional Bodies (exams) In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.