Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:56 PM

Jos Crisis Again - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jos Crisis Again (13347 Views)

The True Cause Of Reported Jos Crisis / Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again / Igbo, Yoruba, Others Demand N670bn Compesentation For Jos Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jos Crisis Again by dafman10(m): 3:30pm On Jan 17, 2010
Religious disturbances in jos 2day have forced us to run 4 our dear lives. Wen wil d gov take d bull by d horn and deal wit dis issue 4 once. Pls SOS embarassed

Jos crisis reignites again
January 17, 2010 02:01PM
print email

Violence, again, erupts in Jos, Plateau State capital, today leading to looting and burning of houses - and dislocation of hundreds of people. Security officers have however been deployed to the scene and a police officer said the crisis has been contained.

The communal harmony and peace which the mining town used to have has broken down following several inter-ethnic clashes over the years. Security agencies have identified disagreement over indigeneship, ownership of Jos, politics, ignorance and unemployment as the major causes of the mayhem.

Hundreds of lives and property worth millions of naira were lost in the last major riots in the town, on November 28, 2008 which occurred over a local election. Both state and federal government set up parallel committees to investigate this. The state panel, headed by Bola Ajibola completed its work last year and had submitted its recommendation to the state government. The presidential panel is still conducting its sitting into the crisis.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5513294-146/jos_crisis_reignites_again__.csp
Re: Jos Crisis Again by Beaf: 3:33pm On Jan 17, 2010
Are you in Jos? If so, please give us a lowdown, there's no detailed news anywhere.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by dafman10(m): 4:04pm On Jan 17, 2010
Its happening rite now and evrywhere is scattered so we are on our way 2d barrack at rukuba road cos jos north is hot now. I pity dis country
Re: Jos Crisis Again by blacksta(m): 4:06pm On Jan 17, 2010
And they say their is no terrorism in Nigeria?
Re: Jos Crisis Again by edoyad(m): 4:17pm On Jan 17, 2010
@dafman how did it start ?
Re: Jos Crisis Again by blacksta(m): 4:21pm On Jan 17, 2010
print email

Violence, again, erupts in Jos, Plateau State capital, today leading to looting and burning of houses - and dislocation of hundreds of people. Security officers have however been deployed to the scene and a police officer said the crisis has been contained.

The communal harmony and peace which the mining town used to have has broken down following several inter-ethnic clashes over the years. Security agencies have identified disagreement over indigeneship, ownership of Jos, politics, ignorance and unemployment as the major causes of the mayhem.

Hundreds of lives and property worth millions of naira were lost in the last major riots in the town, on November 28, 2008 which occurred over a local election. Both state and federal government set up parallel committees to investigate this. The state panel, headed by Bola Ajibola completed its work last year and had submitted its recommendation to the state government. The presidential panel is still conducting its sitting into the crisis.

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5513294-146/jos_crisis_reignites_again__.csp
Re: Jos Crisis Again by ElRazur: 4:40pm On Jan 17, 2010
blacksta:

print email

That news is still too sketchy imo. Let us just hope this is another Flash in the pan and wont blow out to be several more days of rioting and chanting of "AllahuAkbar" "Sharia must be done".
Re: Jos Crisis Again by dafman10(m): 4:51pm On Jan 17, 2010
@edoyad we were in d church wen they started burning houses n destroyin ppties then everywhere come scatter,
O boy soldiers don come out. 3 gbosa 4d military Gbosa! Gbosa!! Gbosa!!! Abeg these guys are heartless oooh
Re: Jos Crisis Again by edoyad(m): 5:01pm On Jan 17, 2010
@dafman as a fellow middle belter I've been trying to explain to NL how we are the ones that usually suffer from this madness, not to worry sha, i trust J people to handle the situation.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by aloyemeka7: 5:05pm On Jan 17, 2010
Where is JosBoy?. He is the defender of these talibans. I said it before that Northern riots happen every 6 months in Nigeria; After this one today, the next one will be around june somewhere in Northern Nigeria.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by Beaf: 5:21pm On Jan 17, 2010
aloy*emeka:

Where is JosBoy?. He is the defender of these talibans. I said it before that Northern riots happen every 6 months in Nigeria; After this one today, the next one will be around june somewhere in Northern Nigeria.

That calculation is wrong. This is already the second one this month.
Something concrete needs to be done to stem the unending rounds of religous violence in the country.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by ElRazur: 5:26pm On Jan 17, 2010
Beaf:

That calculation is wrong. This is already the second one this month.
Something concrete needs to be done to stem the unending rounds of religous violence in the country.

No let us concentrate on helping Haiti Red cross or military assistance will do. Don't you think? grin
Re: Jos Crisis Again by Beaf: 5:43pm On Jan 17, 2010
ElRazur:

No let us concentrate on helping Haiti Red cross or military assistance will do. Don't you think? grin

I don't do cross thread arguments, they tend to be weak and cheap.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by ElRazur: 5:45pm On Jan 17, 2010
Beaf:

But you evade points and questions directed at you? Oh dear.

By the way, it appears you lack a sense of humour. Nice one though. Arsenal is a goal up. grin
Re: Jos Crisis Again by Beaf: 5:58pm On Jan 17, 2010
^
Do you have self esteem issues or is it small mindedness?  shocked
Nobody on this thread has a clue of what you are talking about. Consider yourself ignored.

@topic
Is there any further news?
Maybe the US suggestion that we close down some almajiri schools is apt afterall.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by blacksta(m): 6:01pm On Jan 17, 2010
Beaf:

ol boy u dey fear  why not defend your thought process rather than hide behind a cross thread excuse
Re: Jos Crisis Again by ElRazur: 6:07pm On Jan 17, 2010
blacksta:

ol boy u dey fear  why not defend your thought process rather than hide behind a cross thread excuse

How dare you. angry He clearly do not think this issue is related or contradictory to his own views in the other thread. I have highlighted the internal problems are more pressing than helping any other nation, but he disagree. Yet in this thread he appears to want a solution - thereby supporting my notion of internal problems are more of a priority.

As far as the other thread go, he is one of those people who think because we are Nick named "Giant" of Africa, we should be playing with the big boys. You can imagine how much it hurts him that a "non-giant" like Senegal can beat Nigeria to it. Yet he blatantly ignores all the question thrown at him, or even take into consideration of the internal issues we face.

Have a read at his thread. His thought processes are awesome. grin

PS
Arsenal one up. Bolton starting to play rough.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by bibiking1(m): 6:14pm On Jan 17, 2010
This is crazy!!!!!!!!
Daffman, pleae find yourself some conducive shelter, away from the flying bullets or maddening crowd
Re: Jos Crisis Again by cold(m): 6:41pm On Jan 17, 2010
What is it with this crazed muslims eh,why can't they giv us some moment of respite?This is y we'v bin placed on a terrorist watchlist.The govt shld deal decisively with this issue rather than posturing & issuing weak ultimatums
Re: Jos Crisis Again by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jan 17, 2010
Pray for People in Jos, most of my family lives there. We are tired of tension and crisis and terror
Re: Jos Crisis Again by DrKnow1(m): 6:52pm On Jan 17, 2010
Jos Again?
Re: Jos Crisis Again by monkeyleg: 6:56pm On Jan 17, 2010
This is why we need a good gorvenment. Nigeria is froth with all sorts of injustice. Why must people be terrorised because of their religion or the part of the country they come from?
Re: Jos Crisis Again by ElRazur: 7:12pm On Jan 17, 2010
monkeyleg:

This is why we need a good gorvenment. Nigeria is froth with all sorts of injustice. Why must people be terrorised because of their religion or the part of the country they come from?

No I say we concentrate on helping haiti. That way the whole world will think we are big dogs and wont notice our internal problems. smiley
Re: Jos Crisis Again by olabukola: 7:17pm On Jan 17, 2010
monkeyleg:

Why have govt dude, what we need is Odua Govt. Useless Nigeria. yet some people will come here to tell me it will work one day. Maybe when i am cought in the cross fire.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by monkeyleg: 7:20pm On Jan 17, 2010
@ElRazur,

I fail to get your point. There is nothing wrong in helping Haiti, while looking after our own, it is all part of foreign policy, that is if we have one.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by aloyemeka7: 7:20pm On Jan 17, 2010
Jos boils again, 20 killed
By Our Correspondent, Published: Sunday, 17 Jan 2010

Plateau State Governor, Jonah David Jang

No fewer than 20 persons were killed in a renewed crisis in Jos North Local Government Area of Plateau State. The recent crisis came barely after one year, when a similar crisis occurred in the local government.

Five others were also seriously wounded in the crisis, which pitted the Muslims against their Christian neighbours.

In a reaction, the state government declared a dusk-to-dawn curfew, which it had earlier relaxed from 12 midnight to 6 am . The curfew was announced in a statement signed by the Commissioner for Information and Communications, Mr. Gregory Yenlong.

The commissioner said that the measure was aimed at nipping in the bud the prevailing situation in Jos town so that hoodlums would not take advantage of ther security breach to molest innocent citizens.

The statement urged all citizens to adhere strictly to the directive as all efforts were being intensified to ensure the safety of lives and property.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art2010011717123834
Re: Jos Crisis Again by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jan 17, 2010
My Iranian friend told me yesterday that she saw the news on TV and she was like, " I have never seen a Black Ayatollah". Cause there was this dude with heavy turban on his head talking on CNN.

The world must now defeat Islamization before it defeats us. It's becoming to much to handle. Riot and unrest everywhere, all cause of Islamic shit.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by Katsumoto: 7:26pm On Jan 17, 2010
If this religious/ inter-tribal nonsense will not end in the North, then perhaps, this country should split. Enough of this nonsense.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by xterra2(m): 7:27pm On Jan 17, 2010
Naija again!we can why we are a terrorist nation now.
nawa for naija
Re: Jos Crisis Again by olabukola: 7:31pm On Jan 17, 2010
Katsumoto:

If this religious/ inter-tribal nonsense will not end in the North, then perhaps, this country should split. Enough of this nonsense.
Lol what happens to your "One Nigeria" chant all along. Its time you people see the reality before its too late.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by ElRazur: 7:34pm On Jan 17, 2010
ElRazur:

No I say we concentrate on helping haiti. That way the whole world will think we are big dogs and wont notice our internal problems. smiley

Read here. It all makes perfect sense.

grin

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-382952.0.html
Re: Jos Crisis Again by Katsumoto: 7:37pm On Jan 17, 2010
olabukola:

Lol what happens to your "One Nigeria" chant all along. Its time you people see the reality before its too late.

When one tries to be positive, believing that each tribe/region has something to offer, these murderers go on rampage giving you a bit of reality check. I have argued that a more educated North will offer more and refuse to be used by their political elite to forment trouble. What is the point of believing in one Nigeria and being massacred in the North?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria President Urges Boko Haram To Come Out And Talk / Discos Face Imminent Collapse, Wallow In Debt / Tinubu-shettima Ticket Evil, Satanic Plot To Islamize Nigeria – Youth CAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.