Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,828 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:44 AM

What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? (3019 Views)

Interprete Your Username / Why Did You Choose Your Username? / Need More Twitter Followers? Drop Your Username And I'd Be Glad To Follow You. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Go Down)

What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by NiteAngel(m): 1:09am On Jan 31, 2007
Some user names are simple, few are complex while others are confusing. With some names you immediately have an idea of where its comming from others simply throw you off balance and you begin to wonder "what's the philosophy behind that name".

Yorubas talk say "ile la'wo k'ato s'omo l'oruko", As you shed light on your username, you may wish to mention others and guess the idea behind it.
Re: What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by phoenixman: 1:29am On Jan 31, 2007
y dont you begin with yours? grin
Re: What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by NiteAngel(m): 1:38am On Jan 31, 2007
That's 9ja for you, answering question with question. Anyway, I was expecting that. It's a simple name and can be literally translated.
Re: What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by NiteAngel(m): 1:48am On Jan 31, 2007
Even if it's a simple name it's better to let people guess and then decode.

I know that literally Phoenix could come from different ideas:

State capital and largest city in Arizona that is today reaping the benefits of irrigation.
Operating system
Mass producer of PC

So my guess is you either live in or like Arizona or you are into I.T. or,
Re: What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by phoenixman: 1:51am On Jan 31, 2007
or you just phishing cheesy
Re: What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by NiteAngel(m): 6:44pm On Jan 31, 2007
Phishing ke! But why? Na username we dey talk no be password. I don’t think there’s a big deal with the usernames. It just amazes me that as complex as some usernames are the profiles give a direct info. If you want to be anonymous be anonymous, what’s the sense in coining a pseudo name when your picture, name and web link gives out your identity. My opinion…
Re: What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by NiteAngel(m): 6:51pm On Jan 31, 2007
Apart from that, names mean different things to different people especially in reference to language, take “edobabe” a babe from edo but how would this be translated by a Yoruba speaking guy. “Thiefof Heart” posts mails that lead others to lash and curse and you wonder dem thief her heart abi she wan thief person heart and “Mamaput”… her posts fits the name perfectly… you get the measure you ask for… leave out the phishing business and keep this going if you will.
Re: What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:55pm On Jan 31, 2007
what is nite angel talking about?
Re: What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by NiteAngel(m): 7:06pm On Jan 31, 2007
, read now?
Re: What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by chistiana(f): 2:55pm On Feb 01, 2007
cause we have diff types of nite Angel

may be u can explain more better the one u belong to.
Re: What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by NiteAngel(m): 7:38pm On Feb 01, 2007
Angels are spirit beings. They guide and counsel us. We may not feel their presence during the day because of the hustle and bustle of life but we sense their presence during not just the night but dark times of our lives.

A friend in deed will be true to you and will be there in time of need. The name appeals to me because I counsel and my life has benefited from great counsel from friends and angels.
Re: What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by NiteAngel(m): 7:39pm On Feb 01, 2007
Chriatiana appear simple but is there any other "mystery" attached to the name?
Re: What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by sharetroll(m): 7:54pm On Feb 01, 2007
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_%28Internet%29

That is all.
Re: What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by NiteAngel(m): 8:49pm On Feb 01, 2007
Do you mean you actually post messages to rock the boat and provoke reaction? undecided
Re: What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by NiteAngel(m): 9:25pm On Feb 01, 2007
, in life you'd always find people who rock your boat so if you can deal with Sharetroll then you can handle some real life argument.

Everyone will not always see things from your side of the mirror.
Re: What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by Emdion(m): 6:22pm On Feb 03, 2007
My is very easy to get, my friend call me emdy and the last three letter from my name and my surname are emd and ion, so i add them together.lol
Re: What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by phoenixman: 5:08am On Feb 04, 2007
this thread is so stubborn.
why isn't it moving?
if the poster solicit my help, then maybe i will help it move along. grin
Re: What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by NiteAngel(m): 4:23pm On Feb 05, 2007
dalin dalinton; do just that, grin
Re: What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by NiteAngel(m): 5:26pm On Feb 05, 2007
Let look up some usernames:

“Clumzy” could actually be clumsy, “Cuteruth” may or may not be a cute ‘ab’oko ku’ Ruth, “Funfavour”, may be a funny person who asks for favour or a dry person who does all the errands or may have “Fun” as prefix to her name. I can almost bet that “SlimSikiru” is actually fat and consoling himself with the prefix slim, “Amaranysc” may actually still be serving or came up with the username during service year, “Bizzybitch” could be busy at bitching or could actually be a nice person who wish she could actually be a bitch to hunt some folks down and “Amii” could be a worthy friend. One that threw me off balance is “Xeled”…

Of course above is simply my opinion and those with these (and other) usernames could let us into the idea behind their names. No doubt knowing the brain behind the name will help us relate with you better on Nairaland cheesy.
Re: What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by frankiriri(m): 11:43pm On Feb 08, 2007
Mine is my name and surname. Its actually my default user name so I dont forget what I used to register on any of the many online forums I subscribe to.
I actually tried to change it but couldnt so I just created another ID to reflect my wild side.
Kind of like a Dr Hyde and Jekyl thing
Re: What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by NiteAngel(m): 11:19pm On Feb 09, 2007
Thanks for letting us into it.

When I first came across your user name the idea I got was "Frank that lives in Kirikiri", I didn't even realise there's a "ki" missing so I really didn't have to be warned about the wild side grin.
Re: What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by frankiriri(m): 1:26am On Feb 11, 2007
shocked shocked shocked
me live at kirkikri.
Ive not done anything that wild to warrant my stay at the prison o grin grin grin
Just kidding.
Never would have linked the combo of my names to Kirikiri
I was not warning yopu about my wild side > in fact some peeps would still say I, still wild with this user name. grin grin grin
Re: What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by saintsam(m): 1:48pm On Feb 21, 2007
u can easily guess the meaning behind my username 'saintsam'.Its very simple
Re: What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by NiteAngel(m): 10:51pm On Feb 21, 2007
If you're really saintly then that makes it simple but supposing people think the saint part is just a cover up?
Re: What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by saintsam(m): 9:04am On Feb 22, 2007
lol smiley
Re: What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by mrmayor(m): 5:30pm On Feb 22, 2007
MR-MAYOR.

I got this name from the movie "Return Of The Sabbata" by Lee Van Cliff. There was horse called Mrmayor in the movie.I like the name so much that I used it as my User name for my first email address way back in 1997.

I think its actually a cool unique name not common,
Re: What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by NiteAngel(m): 8:03pm On Feb 25, 2007
I would never have linked it to a film, my guess was that its from "Mayowa", a yoruba name which often ends up with Mayo or Mayor as nickname. Another guess I had was that you have your eyes on the the city government. I'll look up the film to find out if the horse is cheerful or stubborn. Thanks for sharing this with us.
Re: What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by Blow(m): 12:17pm On Mar 06, 2007
Short form of owoblow

My loved ones (what I called trusted friends) prefer
to call me Blow.

I didnt like it before but they used it anyway,
After sometime I found it to be endearing,
And it has become an household name in my community
Re: What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by NiteAngel(m): 10:51pm On Mar 07, 2007
Thanks. Blow can really mean different things to different people.

Blow - Someone who responds with a punch in an argument.
Blow - From b-job (you don't need the meaning if you are a minor).
Blow - Someone who plays or blow wind instruments.
Blow - Someone who often blows nose
Blow - Someone who cool others down

I bet you exhibit one of the positive traits above.

Hi gals/guys, lets have insight into your username.
Re: What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:35am On Mar 08, 2007
Mr Mayor is as unique as Mr President tongue
Re: What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by mrmayor(m): 10:12am On Mar 08, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

Mr Mayor is as unique as Mr President tongue

My dear,where have you been?Missed you sha.yes my handle unique very few people have.btw,you can thief my heart any day infact I will pay for it kiss grin
Re: What's The Philosophy Behind Your Username? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:04pm On Mar 08, 2007
very few have it cos Seun doesnt allow depulicate screennames tongue

Im fine, love. you? kiss

(1) (2) (3)

I Nid 2 Find Out Dance Schools In Benin And Their Prices / / Need Direction To Olosa Street, V/I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.