Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,879 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:00 AM

What You Really Need To Know About Migration Throughout The History Of Mankind. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What You Really Need To Know About Migration Throughout The History Of Mankind. (5051 Views)

I Need Your Migration Advice Please, I'm About To Make A Life Changing Decision. / Migration: The Long Road To Canada / Nigerians Who Used World Cup As Migration Strategy Stranded In Russia Photo (2) (3) (4)

What You Really Need To Know About Migration Throughout The History Of Mankind. by Explorers(m): 6:42pm On May 30, 2017
“Migrants are assets to every country where they bring their labour.

Let us give them the dignity they deserve as human beings and the respect they deserve as workers.”Juan Somavia, former Director-General of the ILA

Each of them has a name, a story and left their homelands seeking better opportunities and safety for themselves and in many cases for their families aspirations that all of us strive for.

http://sdg.responsiblebusiness.com/news/6-interesting-facts-about-migration/

http://www.1stcontact.com/blog/migration/20-interesting-facts-migration

https://www.factretriever.com/immigration-facts?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C5205518396

Lalasticlala, Mynd44

Re: What You Really Need To Know About Migration Throughout The History Of Mankind. by Explorers(m): 6:44pm On May 30, 2017
Early human migrations are thought to have begun when Homo Erectus first migrated out of Africa to Eurasia around 1.8 million years ago.

One of the greatest waves of immigrants to the USA was during the 1820s– 1890s, when more than 5 million immigrants arrived in America from Ireland and Germany.

Re: What You Really Need To Know About Migration Throughout The History Of Mankind. by Nobody: 6:45pm On May 30, 2017
Lemme climb down from Mt Everest and read Explorers thread. grin

Re: What You Really Need To Know About Migration Throughout The History Of Mankind. by Nobody: 6:46pm On May 30, 2017
i'm on the first row seat with a bowl of popcorn........

I trekked all the way from Timbuktu to this place..........

I need a cold bottle of water.
Re: What You Really Need To Know About Migration Throughout The History Of Mankind. by Explorers(m): 6:48pm On May 30, 2017
From 2009 to 2013, millions of (unauthorized) immigrants entered the United States.

The top five countries of birth for these immigrants were Mexico 56%, Guatemala 6%, El Salvador 4%, Honduras 3%, and China 3%.

The largest migration corridor in the world is Mexico-USA, with almost 12 million (official) recorded migrations from Mexico to the US in 2010 alone.

The second largest migration corridor in 2010 was between the Ukraine and Russia, followed by Bangladesh and India.

In both instances, a large number of natives inadvertently became “migrants” when their borders and boundaries were changed.

Re: What You Really Need To Know About Migration Throughout The History Of Mankind. by darbeelicous(f): 6:50pm On May 30, 2017
plz the guy above me should shift for me..... I have chilled water bring ur popcorn.....

Explorers..... Oya fire down.
Re: What You Really Need To Know About Migration Throughout The History Of Mankind. by sokul: 6:50pm On May 30, 2017
Mek I land my flying mat here. grin
Re: What You Really Need To Know About Migration Throughout The History Of Mankind. by Explorers(m): 6:50pm On May 30, 2017
How much money is moving around the world?

In 2010, recorded global remittances amounted to more than $440 billion.

Re: What You Really Need To Know About Migration Throughout The History Of Mankind. by Princepioneer(m): 6:52pm On May 30, 2017
I wish to migrate...

Re: What You Really Need To Know About Migration Throughout The History Of Mankind. by Explorers(m): 6:53pm On May 30, 2017
Over the last several years, poverty, harsh living conditions, deteriorating political and socio-economic conditions, increasing youth and women unemployment and underemployment, armed conflicts, the threats to peace and security, violation of fundamental rights, natural disasters and famine as well as external pull factors have combined to trigger both voluntary and forced population movements from and within Africa.

Better economic opportunities, more jobs, and the promise of a better life often pull people towards a new country.

It is estimated that Africa loses in excess of 70,000 skilled professionals annually to emigration, resulting in a huge human capacity deficit in the continent.

In 2009, Zimbabweans made the most asylum applications, in 2010 and 2011 the most asylum applications were made by Iranians.

In 2010, refugees and asylum-seekers made up 8% (16.3 million) of international migrants.

Re: What You Really Need To Know About Migration Throughout The History Of Mankind. by Explorers(m): 6:56pm On May 30, 2017
In 2006 the USA took in more legal immigrants as permanent residents than all the other countries in the world combined.

The name “green card” comes from a post-WWII form, the I-151, which was printed on green paper.

The first card was issued in the '50s, and it had green stripes on one side.

Re: What You Really Need To Know About Migration Throughout The History Of Mankind. by Explorers(m): 7:10pm On May 30, 2017
People living in a country other than where they were born reached over 244 million in 2015 around the world, 41% increase compared to 2000.

This figure includes almost 20 million refugees.

Re: What You Really Need To Know About Migration Throughout The History Of Mankind. by Explorers(m): 7:11pm On May 30, 2017
84% of the United Arab Emirates’ population is foreign born.

This is the highest share of immigrants compared to all countries in the world

Re: What You Really Need To Know About Migration Throughout The History Of Mankind. by kenny1795(m): 7:11pm On May 30, 2017
How do i make an asylum application? Nigeria is becoming unbearable
Re: What You Really Need To Know About Migration Throughout The History Of Mankind. by Explorers(m): 7:17pm On May 30, 2017
Immigrants play a significant role in the U.S. economy.

Studies have found that immigrants are more likely than native-born Americans to start and own businesses, and U.S. immigrants or their children have started over 40% of Fortune businesses

Re: What You Really Need To Know About Migration Throughout The History Of Mankind. by ichommy(m): 7:24pm On May 30, 2017
I'm heat to learn.

Solidly, Funjosh.
Re: What You Really Need To Know About Migration Throughout The History Of Mankind. by tk4rd: 7:26pm On May 30, 2017
Let me chill here small
Re: What You Really Need To Know About Migration Throughout The History Of Mankind. by Explorers(m): 7:30pm On May 30, 2017
During the first eight months of 2016, some 281,740 people have made the sea crossing to Europe, with UNHCR estimating that some 4,176 people have died or gone missing on the Mediterranean.

Since this time last year, an average of 11 men, women and children perishing every day.

Re: What You Really Need To Know About Migration Throughout The History Of Mankind. by Nobody: 7:30pm On May 30, 2017
darbeelicous:
plz the guy above me should shift for me..... I have chilled water bring ur popcorn.....

Explorers..... Oya fire down.

oya na.......come sit for here, abeg, u go that side as u no get cold water.

take popcorn jare....
Re: What You Really Need To Know About Migration Throughout The History Of Mankind. by Explorers(m): 7:35pm On May 30, 2017
India has the largest diaspora in the world, followed by Mexico and Russia.

In 2015, over 16 million people from India were living outside of their country.

Re: What You Really Need To Know About Migration Throughout The History Of Mankind. by Funjosh(m): 7:36pm On May 30, 2017
ichommy:
I'm heat to learn.

Solidly, Funjosh.

Am with you sir.

Re: What You Really Need To Know About Migration Throughout The History Of Mankind. by ichommy(m): 7:55pm On May 30, 2017
Funjosh:

Am with you sir.

Welcome Sir
Re: What You Really Need To Know About Migration Throughout The History Of Mankind. by Explorers(m): 7:58pm On May 30, 2017
The poorest countries are the ones with the least emigration, that is people leaving the country to live abroad.

Although international migration is intrinsically tied with the search for jobs, people in the most impoverished countries will most likely not have the money to finance a trip.

The Central African Republic, the Democratic Republic of the Congo and Niger countries with some of the lowest U.N. Human Development Index ratings and GDP per capita all have less than 3% of their population living outside their borders.

Re: What You Really Need To Know About Migration Throughout The History Of Mankind. by Dayoto: 8:07pm On May 30, 2017
Ehy! Explorers is here, lemme bring my jotter
Re: What You Really Need To Know About Migration Throughout The History Of Mankind. by Davidhero(m): 8:25pm On May 30, 2017
coughs**
THIS LAND IS NOT FOR SALE, BEWARE OF 419
Re: What You Really Need To Know About Migration Throughout The History Of Mankind. by Davidhero(m): 8:25pm On May 30, 2017
Explorers don show again.

#HeroicDeeds
Re: What You Really Need To Know About Migration Throughout The History Of Mankind. by Electronzeez(m): 8:30pm On May 30, 2017
Explorers:
India has the largest diaspora in the world, followed by Mexico and Russia.

In 2015, over 16 million people from India were living outside of their country.

This is so true with India .indians are quite good , the electrical engineers among them I have work with are extremely good .they are just like Nigerians ,they can survive almost anywhere and are ready to relocate to any country .there cheap labour compare to other expatriate is one of their great advantage .

I have a e- philipino friend who left his country to work as far as Oman.

Re: What You Really Need To Know About Migration Throughout The History Of Mankind. by Akeem1759(m): 8:33pm On May 30, 2017
Explorer!!! I doff my cap Sir..

Re: What You Really Need To Know About Migration Throughout The History Of Mankind. by charloski(m): 8:46pm On May 30, 2017
Kathmandu:
Lemme climb down from Mt Everest and read Explorers thread. grin

Wait for me na... I dey your back
Re: What You Really Need To Know About Migration Throughout The History Of Mankind. by Nobody: 8:50pm On May 30, 2017
charloski:

Wait for me na... I dey your back
Go find your mate angry
Re: What You Really Need To Know About Migration Throughout The History Of Mankind. by Explorers(m): 8:58pm On May 30, 2017
Electronzeez:

This is so true with India .indians are quite good , the electrical engineers among them I have work with are extremely good .they are just like Nigerians ,they can survive almost anywhere and are ready to relocate to any country .there cheap labour compare to other expatriate is one of their great advantage .

I have a e- philipino friend who left his country to work as far as Oman.

Greener pasture bro, people will go anywhere as long as it's guaranteed.

Re: What You Really Need To Know About Migration Throughout The History Of Mankind. by Explorers(m): 9:17pm On May 30, 2017
An estimated 50-60% of illegal immigrants residing in the United States did not illegally cross the border.

Instead, they obtained legal visas as employees, students, or tourists and did not return home when their visas expired.

10 Easiest Countries For Immigration / Bus Passenger’s Before And After Crash Selfies Go Viral in Mozambique(Pic) / Ivory Coast - New Sector Movements