Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,943 members, 7,806,722 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 (36712 Views)

NABTEB Releases May/june 2017 Results / How To Check May | June 2017 Waec Result @ Www.waecdirect.org / May/june 2017/2018 WAEC Exam Registration – Www.waecdirect.org (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 by Nobody: 10:01pm On May 30, 2017
Space_debri++
Re: FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 by hardbody: 10:01pm On May 30, 2017
hardeyjahreh:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/232592-futa-sets-nigerian-record-to-launch-satellite-into-space.html

I don't quite know how these things work but if it's going to be manned by fellow Nigerians, i plead with them to write their wills and plan their families before they project into space, i am not saying things will go wrong, just that this is Nigeria where whatever it is that can go wrong will surely go wrong when you least expect it. It is Murphys law.
Re: FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 by Nobody: 10:03pm On May 30, 2017
Omo..ko si eniyan mo ni Nigeria. Awon omo ile iwe ti nparo.

Built by ko, shat by ni.

Ordinary 24/7 electricity you haven't accomplished.

1 Like

Re: FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 by Nobody: 10:03pm On May 30, 2017
BroZuma:

Maka Chukwu?
Abu m APC? Ga juo Lai Mohammed

1 Like

Re: FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 by tobrinskilanski: 10:03pm On May 30, 2017
BroZuma:
How much did it cost us?
Like seriously? Na so ur brain drift today?...huh?

BTW...ibukun, GOD bless u more and take u to higher feats.

#isokanNIGERIA
Re: FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 by Abudu2000(m): 10:03pm On May 30, 2017
Ok, meanwhile

Re: FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 by Nobody: 10:07pm On May 30, 2017
I don't understand. I was thinking it would be launched from Akure. Somebody explain to me please.
Re: FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 by AworiLagosian: 10:11pm On May 30, 2017
shocked shocked
Re: FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 by opylas(m): 10:14pm On May 30, 2017
olaniyi0:
wow, this is good... i'm a futarian but i dnt knw about this sha
When last did you visit the university website?
Re: FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 by muller101(m): 10:14pm On May 30, 2017
hardbody:

I don't quite know how these things work but if it's going to be manned by fellow Nigerians, i plead with them to write their wills and plan their families before they project into space, i am not saying things will go wrong, just that this is Nigeria where whatever it is that can go wrong will surely go wrong when you least expect it. It is Murphys law.
it's unmanned
Re: FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 by Nigeriadondie: 10:15pm On May 30, 2017
IhateAfonjas:

Misplaced priorities

Waste of money

Waste of resources

Waste of manpower

Launching a rocket to space is more important than paying our old and suffering teachers you owe them ??

Answer this question and i will delete my Nairaland account

What are they going to the space to do ?? To discover the cure for cancer ??
grin Nigeria is doomed. Misplaced priorities. Nigcomsat 1 abi na 2 wey lose for orbit that one just go like that. Also dem talk say dem go launch d satellite from US not from Nigeria. So wetin dey to celebrate. It was not done by Nigerians alone but obviously the other countries did d job while our researchers were just there to take notes
In 2010, Iran launched satellites exclusively by their own local scientist from Iranian soil while they were under sanctions, Nigeria is celebrating satellite made by another country and launched outside
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast/2015/02/iran-launches-observation-satellite-2012-150202134514005.html
Nigeria is a joke

1 Like

Re: FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 by emmalexabl(m): 10:17pm On May 30, 2017
I was elated when i saw the headline but after reading this article am very disappointed sad angry

1 Like

Re: FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 by ipodstinks: 10:18pm On May 30, 2017
IhateAfonjas:

Misplaced priorities

Waste of money

Waste of resources

Waste of manpower

Launching a rocket to space is more important than paying our old and suffering teachers you owe them ??

Wetin dis one dey talk?

2 Likes

Re: FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 by franco3075q(m): 10:18pm On May 30, 2017
blackberlin:
The information is contradictory. They're launching a satellite that belongs to Japan, Ghana, Nigeria and it's to be launched in the US, so how is FUTA launching the satellite?
Look at how skillfully they dished out information to confuse people. . . FUTA ko, FUTAbakalilki ni. . . undecided
GOD GO BLESS U 4 Me, i tot i am d only 1 seeing it
Re: FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 by IhateAfonjas(m): 10:20pm On May 30, 2017
Nigeriadondie:

grin Nigeria is doomed. Misplaced priorities. Nigcomsat 1 abi na 2 wey lose for orbit that one just go like that. Also dem talk say dem go launch d satellite from US not from Nigeria. So wetin dey to celebrate. It was not done by Nigerians alone but obviously the other countries did d job while our researchers were just there to take notes
In 2010, Iran launched satellites exclusively by their own local scientist from Iranian soil while they were under sanctions, Nigeria is celebrating satellite made by another country and launched outside
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast/2015/02/iran-launches-observation-satellite-2012-150202134514005.html
Nigeria is a joke

What do they achieve launching satellites​to space ??
Re: FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 by banmee(m): 10:21pm On May 30, 2017
SuperS1Panther:
Another good news from the land of Oduduwa.

This is bringing real collaborative, commendable and applaudable development to the Land and not some disgraceful development in foreign lands.

GOd bless land of Oduduwa

God bless SW

God bless Nigeria

God bless PMB.

Haters can ''swim'' inside the Lagoon. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

This is what amazes me about Nigerians. Even with the realities on ground, you still believe this kind of thing is possible in Nigeria. A country that cannot maintain a university toilet. A country that cannot provide simple electricity for it's citizen. A country that does not have the discipline to maintain infrastructure. Everything about projects in Nigeria is all about looting funds. Why and how una de think like this na?
Re: FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 by Cloud007: 10:23pm On May 30, 2017
Some1 with misplaced priorities

Re: FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 by Blazed(m): 10:27pm On May 30, 2017
Abeg make them no burn the City
Re: FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 by ettybaba(m): 10:27pm On May 30, 2017
IhateAfonjas:

Misplaced priorities

Waste of money

Waste of resources

Waste of manpower

No one is going to space.
It is an unmanned satellite.
I understand ojukwrook infected you with stupidity.
The same strain of madness that killed the ugly idiot could kill you if you don't change your way .

6 Likes

Re: FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 by ikorodureporta: 10:29pm On May 30, 2017
What hav we achieved from the ones they launchd? Did it affect our GDP??
Re: FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 by wadetaw202: 10:30pm On May 30, 2017
IhateAfonjas:

Misplaced priorities

Waste of money

Waste of resources

Waste of manpower

Your comment sounds very stupid. FUTA decided to build satellite using their fund and you are talking of unpaid teachers. So FUTA should send money in their school account to goan pay teachers as if FUTA is the one owing the teachers? Which deep idiot is this one!

7 Likes

Re: FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 by DarkRebel69: 10:30pm On May 30, 2017
Kathmandu:
Since It would be launched from Akure grin I pray Buhari follow the Satellite to go and rest maybe do medical tourism with aliens since his illness can't be treated by mankind

The university said the satellite belonged to Japan, Ghana, Mongolia, Nigeria and Bangladesh, and would be launched into Space from Kennedy Space Centre in Florida, USA.

I've long realized that the vast majority of millenials - cybernauts precisely - lack the patience to fully absorb any reading material before proceeding to cough up a quick-whirr response, all in the name of having an opinion. Either that or many have had their ability to comprehend written text compromised due to the wanton usage of smart phones and contraptions of the like.

It's a sad state of affairs, really!

4 Likes

Re: FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 by AloyalNigerian(m): 10:31pm On May 30, 2017
olaniyi0:
wow, this is good... i'm a futarian but i dnt knw about this sha
Me sef.
Re: FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 by IYANGBALI: 10:32pm On May 30, 2017
Very good we can now leave DSTV for those yeye people. Their subscription should not be too expenses o
Re: FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 by wadetaw202: 10:33pm On May 30, 2017
banmee:

This is what amazes me about Nigerians. Even with the realities on ground, you still believe this kind of thing is possible in Nigeria. A country that cannot maintain a university toilet. A country that cannot provide simple electricity for it's citizen. A country that does not have the discipline to maintain infrastructure. Everything about projects in Nigeria is all about looting funds. Why and how una de think like this na?

Have you give to FUTA and you saw they can't maintain toilets? Have you gone to FUTA and you saw they can't maintain infrastructure? Try to stop being stupid. The program is funded by FUTA. Your comment is completely unreasonable.

2 Likes

Re: FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 by Bluezy13(m): 10:34pm On May 30, 2017
Guseh:

Woww this is wonderful!
FUTA... making Nigeria great again.

www.premiumtimesng.com/news/232592-futa-sets-nigerian-record-to-launch-satellite-into-space.html

cc: lalasticlala

Was Nigeria great before
Re: FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 by browniex: 10:40pm On May 30, 2017
Why can't you launch your satellite in your country?
Re: FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 by banmee(m): 10:41pm On May 30, 2017
wadetaw202:

Have you give to FUTA and you saw they can't maintain toilets? Have you gone to FUTA and you saw they can't maintain infrastructure? Try to stop being stupid. The program is funded by FUTA. Your comment is completely unreasonable.

Lol. . .just because your idiotic mind wants to win an argument you are denying what happens in Nigeria. It's like asking me, "have you been to Nigeria to see if the country cannot provide electricity"? Why una mumu like this na? You guys are so gullible, even a five year old thinks better that you. What a people. Smh
Re: FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 by bkool7(m): 10:43pm On May 30, 2017
Kathmandu:
Since It would be launched from Akure. grin I pray Buhari follow the Satellite to go and rest maybe do medical tourism with aliens since his illness can't be treated by mankind

please , you people should read the post now.
how can you comment objectively when you didn't even endeavor to read, let alone comprehend the post ?

1 Like

Re: FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 by bkool7(m): 10:45pm On May 30, 2017
blackberlin:
The information is contradictory. They're launching a satellite that belongs to Japan, Ghana, Nigeria and it's to be launched in the US, so how is FUTA launching the satellite?
Look at how skillfully they dished out information to confuse people. . . FUTA ko, FUTAbakalilki ni. . . undecided

By partly funding it.
Re: FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 by wadetaw202: 10:46pm On May 30, 2017
banmee:

Lol. . .just because your idiotic mind wants to win an argument you are denying what happens in Nigeria. It's like asking me, "have you been to Nigeria to see if the country cannot provide electricity"? Why una mumu like this na? You guys are so gullible, even a five year old thinks better that you. What a people. Smh

You arent just a mumu, you are a cursed bastardd. This program wasn't done by the federal government; it was done by FUTA. If you have any sense left in your demented head, you will realise that FUTA funded it from their purse. So how does an institution-funded project link to the nonsense you were writing if not dat you have lost your sense of reasoning like a gutter idiot?

1 Like

Re: FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 by banmee(m): 10:50pm On May 30, 2017
wadetaw202:

You arent just a mumu, you are a cursed bastardd. This program wasn't done by the federal government; it was done by FUTA. If you have any sense left in your demented head, you will realise that FUTA funded it from their purse. So how does an institution-funded project link to the nonsense you were writing if not dat you have lost your sense of reasoning like a gutter idiot?

That is even worse. An institution churning out mediocre graduates plans to launch a satelite and your dull mind is lappint it up. Plus, you are too s.tupid to realize that something of that magnitude cannot just be done by an institution. They will need government funding for their bogus project. You think say launching a satelite na akara. Lol. Smh. And they wonder why the country is deplorable. When it's citizens cannot think with their faculties.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

OAU Ranked 8th In Africa And 1st In Nigeria / How To Create JAMB Profile As Registration Begins Soon / Babcock University In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.