Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,641 members, 7,801,869 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:51 AM

FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 (36707 Views)

NABTEB Releases May/june 2017 Results / How To Check May | June 2017 Waec Result @ Www.waecdirect.org / May/june 2017/2018 WAEC Exam Registration – Www.waecdirect.org (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 by femi4: 5:18am On May 31, 2017
banmee:

That is even worse. An institution churning out mediocre graduates plans to launch a satelite and your dull mind is lappint it up. Plus, you are too s.tupid to realize that something of that magnitude cannot just be done by an institution. They will need government funding for their bogus project. You think say launching a satelite na akara. Lol. Smh. And they wonder why the country is deplorable. When it's citizens cannot think with their faculties.
Olodo....They are launching a Cubesat. I guess you ve not seen one before
Re: FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 by Maghan37: 5:24am On May 31, 2017
really impressive.
Re: FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 by banmee(m): 5:31am On May 31, 2017
femi4:
Olodo....They are launching a Cubesat. I guess you ve not seen one before

Cubesat, sogsat, ifsat, etc...fools like you cannot manage your lives you are thinking about satellite. Why una mumu like this na?
Re: FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 by banmee(m): 5:32am On May 31, 2017
matrixme:

I'm 101% sure you attended Osun State College of Technology, Esa Oke. According to the latest report done by Stutern, FUTA graduates take no. 4 employability rate among Nigerian universities. If you don't know how to react positively to a good news, better save your megabyte and use it to read Teebillz stories instead. Skedaddle!

Guy, I am a graduate of MSU. All your generations cannot and will never attain it. I promise you. Suffer and idioticy no go kill una for Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 by holuphisayor(m): 5:33am On May 31, 2017
what kind of satellite? remote sensing or communication satellite?
Re: FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 by iamjavadem(m): 5:43am On May 31, 2017
IhateAfonjas:

Misplaced priorities

Waste of money

Waste of resources

Waste of manpower

Launching a rocket to space is more important than paying our old and suffering teachers you owe them ??

Answer this question and i will delete my Nairaland account

What are they going to the space to do ?? To discover the cure for cancer ??
Fool!!!! Because it wasn't done by east that have been claiming they ate the best and have nothing but fake products to show. Ewu.

2 Likes

Re: FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 by femi4: 5:48am On May 31, 2017
banmee:

Cubesat, sogsat, ifsat, etc...fools like you cannot manage your lives you are thinking about satellite. Why una mumu like this na?
Let me educate you and others like you on this thread

A CubeSat (U-class spacecraft) is a type of miniaturized satellite for space research that is made up of multiples of 10×10×10 cm cubic units

1 Like

Re: FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 by Nobody: 5:53am On May 31, 2017
Jaideyone:
Olodo Nigeria has sent satellite into space before via space stations in other countries. when you want your satellite up there you just have to launch it with a rocket when their astronauts are going. even private individuals have satellites so what's the big deal if a whole university does?

if you have no knowledge about something just shut up

You are a fool. Who built the satellite nigeria launched into space? Made in Japan, launched in florida and some stupid idiots in nigeria were watching it on tv in a room grinning from ear to ear and clapping that nigeria has launched a satellite. What happened after the launch? Did you hear anything again about it? A university with outdated books and obsolete curriculum who churn out unemployable half baked graduates year in and year out now claim they designed and built a satellite which will be launched in akura and florida at the same time and fools like you who know nothing about technology gobbled that falacy hook, line and sinker. Do you know how much it cost to build and launch a satellite into orbit? If you do, then you should know that it is practically impossible for that to happen in futa of all schools. You call futa a whole university? A university that relies solely on goverment allocation is nothing but a glorified high school. For your information, futa is not even up to college standard. Just hear yourself "when you want your satellite up there you just have to launch it with a rocket when their astronauts are going". Is a rocket or space shuttle molue? If it is that easy, then there will be more than a billion satellites in orbit. We have too many unintelligent people like you in nigeria and that is the reason the country is so backward.
Re: FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 by banmee(m): 5:54am On May 31, 2017
femi4:

A CubeSat (U-class spacecraft) is a type of miniaturized satellite for space research that is made up of multiples of 10×10×10 cm cubic units

You still don't get it. Is that your phucking priority as a people? You guys can't even provide basic life essentials and you are trying to launch whatever kind of satelite. Why do you guys love putting the cart before the horse. Of what use will it be to you? Zero. I hope you guys will learn one day. I doubt it but one can only hope.

1 Like

Re: FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 by GuntersChain(m): 5:55am On May 31, 2017
This collabo is something else, just look at how many country nigeria will feature just to launch a satellite, still it's been launched in far away usa.

Re: FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 by Nobody: 5:59am On May 31, 2017
femi4:

And you think you can build that in your bedroom? It is not about the size but the components. Now tell me which lab did they produce the components in a country that cannot boast of 2 hours uninterrupted electricity. You don't copy what is already out there and claim you designed it because that is misleading.

1 Like

Re: FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 by femi4: 6:00am On May 31, 2017
banmee:

You still don't get it. Is that your phucking priority as a people? You guys can't even provide basic life essentials and you are trying to launch whatever kind of satelite. Why do you guys love putting the cart before the horse. Of what use will it be to you? Zero. I hope you guys will learn one day. I doubt it but one can only hope.
An individual can own a satellite. This satellite is own by an institution. What do they do in educational institution?

What's their priority?

If you don't know the answer, go back and read the original post again.

Oh...let me give you a clue, the name of the Sat is eduSat-1
Re: FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 by banmee(m): 6:03am On May 31, 2017
femi4:
An individual can own a satellite. This satellite is own by an institution. What do they do in educational institution?

What's their priority?

If you don't know the answer, go back and read the original post again.

Oh...let me give you a clue, the name of the Sat is eduSat-1

You just don't phucking get it. Ok, what is the benefit of edusat?
Re: FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 by femi4: 6:05am On May 31, 2017
Xda59:

And you think you can build that in your bedroom? It is not about the size but the components. Now tell me which lab did they produce the components in a country that cannot boast of 2 hours uninterrupted electricity.
I m not talking about its built or design. His argument was that Satellite is a very big project that a University cannot handle. What we have there is cubeSat and is strictly for research.

Whether they designed it or not....I don't know
Re: FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 by sirjomore(m): 6:11am On May 31, 2017
olaniyi0:
wow, this is good... i'm a futarian but i dnt knw about this sha
may be ure studying religious studies...
Re: FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 by chamboy(m): 6:28am On May 31, 2017
IhateAfonjas:

Misplaced priorities

Waste of money

Waste of resources

Waste of manpower

Launching a rocket to space is more important than paying our old and suffering teachers you owe them ??

Answer this question and i will delete my Nairaland account

What are they going to the space to do ?? To discover the cure for cancer ??

Common sense is not common.
Use ur brain sometimes,stuffs like this gives our educational system international recognition and with the inter-reco we get international students. Int-stud high fee pays the freakn unpaid teachers. its a cycle. U have to invest in education to gain from it.

Use your head.

Thank me later.
Re: FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 by giles14(m): 6:34am On May 31, 2017
hardeyjahreh:

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/232592-futa-sets-nigerian-record-to-launch-satellite-into-space.html
LOBBISH

was happy that a Nigerian university has achieved a milestone,not until I saw Kyushu institute of Japan.
Re: FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 by lovetruth(m): 6:46am On May 31, 2017
blackberlin:
The information is contradictory. They're launching a satellite that belongs to Japan, Ghana, Nigeria and it's to be launched in the US, so how is FUTA launching the satellite?
Look at how skillfully they dished out information to confuse people. . . FUTA ko, FUTAbakalilki ni. . . undecided
Not all country are allowed or capable to lauch it only 10 countries usa is among even other countries patronise them
Re: FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 by lovetruth(m): 6:50am On May 31, 2017
GuntersChain:
This collabo is something else, just look at how many country nigeria will feature just to launch a satellite, still it's been launched in far away usa.
Not all country lauch satelite only usa nd oda 9 countries
Re: FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 by CocoaOla: 6:52am On May 31, 2017
leave them they want to brain wash us
you know the number of America lives that been lost in the previous lunchs
what they know how to do best is confusing people with sentences
Re: FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 by lovetruth(m): 6:54am On May 31, 2017
Xda59:

You are a fool. Who built the satellite nigeria launched into space? Made in Japan, launched in florida and some stupid idiots in nigeria were watching it on tv in a room grinning from ear to ear and clapping that nigeria has launched a satellite. What happened after the launch? Did you hear anything again about it? A university with outdated books and obsolete curriculum who churn out unemployable half baked graduates year in and year out now claim they designed and built a satellite which will be launched in akura and florida at the same time and fools like you who know nothing about technology gobbled that falacy hook, line and sinker. Do you know how much it cost to build and launch a satellite into orbit? If you do, then you should know that it is practically impossible for that to happen in futa of all schools. You call futa a whole university? A university that relies solely on goverment allocation is nothing but a glorified high school. For your information, futa is not even up to college standard. Just hear yourself "when you want your satellite up there you just have to launch it with a rocket when their astronauts are going". Is a rocket or space shuttle molue? If it is that easy, then there will be more than a billion satellites in orbit. We have too many unintelligent people like you in nigeria and that is the reason the country is so backward.
relax is not only Futa there are other countries involve wth sponsorship nd u cnt lauch sat in Nigeria xcept usa nd other 9 countries
Re: FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 by Eastatlantaniqqa(m): 6:58am On May 31, 2017
grin thanq GOD am seekin 4 admission into futa . I may be 9ja's next inventor u neva can tell
Re: FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 by Youngzedd(m): 7:01am On May 31, 2017
blackberlin:
The information is contradictory. They're launching a satellite that belongs to Japan, Ghana, Nigeria and it's to be launched in the US, so how is FUTA launching the satellite?
Look at how skillfully they dished out information to confuse people. . . FUTA ko, FUTAbakalilki ni. . . undecided

I actually opened the thread to read about it launching in Nigeria until I saw belong to bla bla bla, launching in USA

I just weak.

1 Like

Re: FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 by Nobody: 7:05am On May 31, 2017
SuperS1Panther:
[s]Another good news from the land of Oduduwa.

This is bringing real collaborative, commendable and applaudable development to the Land and not some disgraceful development in foreign lands.

GOd bless land of Oduduwa

God bless SW

God bless Nigeria

God bless PMB.

Haters can ''swim'' inside the Lagoon. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy [/s]

You are an idiot.
If it's the ibos, it's one Nigeria, now it's yoruba, you ranting this shit here. When will you stop being tribalistic, did this smelling thing you wrote here pay $1m into your account. Ode.
Re: FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 by ddonolu: 7:06am On May 31, 2017
Xda59:

I beg no satellite was designed by futa. What is the link between mechanical engineering and satellite design?
Omo you dull gan o... shuuu!
i dont expect a literate to ask this kind of question though I cant guarantee you are one. is there any design that doesn't require combination of several fields?

Also note that, launching of satellites can not be done just anywhere, it takes lot of processes, safety measures, technology, licence from space agencies etc. are we technologically advanced for space launch in the country? Y'all need to learn to read with understanding and without sentiments. A satellite was designed, built and co-owned by Nigeria through FuTa and other countries, any of the countries can claim ownership to the project. If it was a university in US, Canada or Europe, nobody would raise a feather but because it is "Nigeria-Futa" not even "Unilag or Ui or oau"

2 Likes

Re: FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 by MENELIK1: 7:18am On May 31, 2017
Nalikedis:
spacex rocket launching 5 satelites belonging to 5 universities in 5 countries. Bitterness and pull down act of yours and your goons won't help UNN or FUTO or the likes to lauch theirs. Opportunity abound for universities in developing countries... Companies like spacex and facebook are doing a lot to help give youth from developing countries oppotunities to roll with there pairs elsewhere. Instead of digesting the info and research about it ... Your goons rushed out to castigate. Well I want to advice that as u guys push for your nation with the Igalas, Ikwere, Akwa Ibom, Urhobo etc... People with better intelligence than you...always remember the story of South Sudan. When you celebrate your wooden helicoper please dont wash down the people from calabar when they collaborate with Boeing. Never taunt or disparage the Akwa Ibom people if they choose Toyota plant in Uyo Instead of helping Innoson motors. People of hate. FUTA will be the first Nigeria University to launch her satelite(not a big deal though because departments in smaller american universities already did) live with it. LOVE dont HATE

Thank you sir for placing the Osus, they are congenital haters because their parents blamed their failure on other people and passed it to them, but then don't preach love to them they will understand when every other tribe in Nigeria reciprocates their level of hatred.
Re: FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 by paulsir: 7:26am On May 31, 2017
when did satellite becomes a kite that single entity can launch? Even China seeks support of other G7 to launch hers.

1 Like

Re: FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 by Jaideyone(m): 7:27am On May 31, 2017
Xda59:

you are the pessimistic fool. the fact that you are a failure doesn't mean others can't succeed in their endeavours. yes Japan built satellites, China did too but a mor0nic imbec!le like you feel these young people can't because you want everyone to be a failure like you.

dumb@ss
Re: FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 by Jaideyone(m): 7:31am On May 31, 2017
adecz:

Olodo yourself.
Who told you that satellites
are taken into space by astronauts??

satellites are generally launched into
space by unmanned & sometimes
reusable rockets.

China, India & Europe charge less
to put satellites in space.

Don't you know that millions
of private individuals are richer than
your local university??

This story sef, get as e be,
putting a satellite in space costs
billions of naira; from where will this
starving university get such funds??
whobis the mor0n again? manned or unmanned rockets that's not my business and I'm not an engineer. if you need antipsychotics to cure your schizophrenia then you talk to me that's my field. I gave the simple explanation I could. now get lost
Re: FUTA To Launch Satellite, NigeriaEdusat-1, Into Space On Thursday, 1st June 2017 by SUCCESSUCHE: 7:31am On May 31, 2017
Posterity must judge us, we must also have a share of the judgement of things we left undone in the face of oppression, unjust treatment, suppression and domination.
Haba!!! Where are we rushing to after graduation? Come and ask me where I am today, ask Azeez Shuaib what he had been able to achieve with his certificate, ask Amuda Mosigbodi-Plato Bamidele if his certificate got him the present job he does, how about asking Tokunbo Salako if its all about certificate. In our own capacity we reacted to unfair welfare and attempt to silent students' observation in the way the management dispose their responsibilities. We fought endlessly for the rebirth of the Union, and he hoped for continuity in the reaction to unjust management of the school, little do we know "A Abel Olayinka" will indefinitely suspend our sweats on the union.
So many students are passive to affairs of solidarity,struggles and revolutionary ideologies, still they are first to rant when school is locked down just because we did same thing they(management) at their student days also did. If you fall in the category of passive students just know the nemesis will catch on you again at your workplace after graduation, that is even if you are lucky to get a job. At the face of oppression at workplace will you rather subject yourself to continuous oppression suicide because you failed to bag the other degree/certificate which was to prepare you on how to reject oppression no matter what the poser is!
We have heard of students comrades in decades who were jailed for offences that till date has no name under criminal law. Hassan Taiwo Soweto, Abbey T Trotsky to mention few had at a point and another taken prison as their shelter due to the societal decay of silencing students who queried and questioned the system of University administration.
I call on all vibrant alumni/stakeholders to wake up from their sleeps to the journey of our alma mata been destroyed by the capitalist driven management who are at the verge of murdering the wealth of knowledge that made them and us.
The University is full of corrupt practices and vested interest actualization. How on earth will students pay for identity cards on different occasions without been given nor bringing-Forward outstanding fees on the ID cardsto make up for the recent issuance.
It sounds stupid to hear that the university is on lockdown as a result of a protest staged to react to failure to get our ID cards, to me it is rather sincere to call a spade its name. The simple truth is that students went on rampage as a result of the management's inability to be accountable for funds paid for Id cards, the system is in so much mess of corrupt practices, and this explains why the money struggled for and paid by students for Id cards is not floating or accounted for .If we had allowed the sleeping dog lie, no management would have discussed where the initial funds were diverted to.
We call on the Education Right Campaign and other relevant organizations to intervene , so that the rebirth of our Students' Union will not be lost again in the face of oppression.
The rot in the citadels of learning today is not far from the reflection of the country decay, and not until we struggle to free ourselves from the shackles of the so called capitalist leaders, we will keep wallowing in the same issue, there is a need for a working class, youth, masses and student alternative party which will replace the selfish capitalist system of government. As such and at present , socialism seems to be the only solution to our societal problems, in which the affair of the country will be collectively management by the citizens, and as such the Universities too will be free of all sort of domination and suppression from our military like management
Shewa.
Shewa.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Best 54 Schools In The 2006 West African Senior Secondary Certificate Exams / A Classroom In Abule Egba, Lagos Looks Like A Dustbin (Photo) / Check Your JSCE Result Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.