Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:27 PM

Love Hiccups - Literature (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love Hiccups (864608 Views)

Top 10 Nairaland Stories Of The Week / Top 10 Nairaland Stories Of The Week / Introducing Top 10 Stories Of The Week ( Nomination Thread) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (143) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love Hiccups by PerkyJeggs(m): 9:30pm On Jul 08, 2017
surddick:

No mind me just overwhelmed with emotion.

I know the feeling bruh! grin
Re: Love Hiccups by Emperor380(m): 9:40pm On Jul 08, 2017
OMG! mum sorry for commenting late oo, I needed to charge my phone.

Mum you are too good.
Nate better go and safe Jane's mother.
K.c goodluck

Whenever I read ur updates mum, I feel weak to write.
You are too much.
May be I should grow up first
Re: Love Hiccups by AlamienDagash(m): 9:59pm On Jul 08, 2017
stephenGee12:
Been long I was out .
Shebi we told all of u dat nate and k.c where alright. U na no wan believe.
Issoryt.
Where are my blooda's
Hadampson (aw is d construction going) boffinjay, wiszolzy, alamiendagash, ikombe and others.
Kimberlywest my wife aw is u...
Bro I've been away for like forever
Re: Love Hiccups by yungeez(m): 10:10pm On Jul 08, 2017
queenitee:
Better don't let Yungeez hear this
baby is he troubling u?, should i call evans 4 him?
Re: Love Hiccups by queenitee(f): 10:13pm On Jul 08, 2017
yungeez:

baby is he troubling u?, should i call evans 4 him?
No not yet
Re: Love Hiccups by yungeez(m): 10:18pm On Jul 08, 2017
queenitee:
No not yet
ok baby, jst let me no wen d time come, i av evans on speed dail
Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jul 08, 2017
Cont'd

Nate droved at top speed, luckily, Akinwumi's street was quite popular due to the number of touts it housed.

Here comes the problem; How would he locate Jane house amongst the many houses?

He decided to do trial and errror and the first 8 failed.

Now the ninth one!

''Good morning sir'' he greeted an elderly man who was trimming his flowers.

''Morning, hope you are not one of those men who come looking for Janet when I'm not around?'' the man asked rudely without raising his head.

Nate stepped back in surprise.

''No sir, actually it's Jane I'm looking for, do you know anybody by that name'' he asked and when the man glared at him he quickly mouthed ''I'm sure it's not your daughter''

''I don't know any Jane around here'' the main replied after some seconds of silence.

''Alright, but please can you help me, I'm actually looking for house number 51'' he pleaded with the man.

''House 51?'' the man asked and he almost rolled his eyes at him but quickly controlled himself.

''Yes, House 51'' he nodded, luckily all the house where numbered and he thought he saw '51' outside the man's gate but on closer inspection it turned out to be ''57''

''I know that house but there's no Jane there, re-check the address you were given'' The man suggested in a polite manner.

Nate held his breath for a while before muttering ''Sir, please all I need to know is where it's located'' he said hiding the irritation from his voice.

He was sure he said the right thing and Jane couldn't have possibly put a wrong address in her curriculum Vitae.

The man looked at him from head to toe.

The inquisitive stare got him really irritated, he wondered what the man's opinion about him might be.

''That one over there with the brown roof'' he replied pointing at a house, short distance away and hidden behind a storey building.

No wonder he didn't see it before!

''Alright then, thank you sir'' he said and hurried away; away from the man's piercing stares.

''All this rich men that won't let this poor girls be'' He heard the man say before returning to his trimming with a shake of his head.

Nate rolled his eyes before entering his car, luckily the man didn't see him do it.

He got to the house and hurried out of the car as adrenaline pumped through him.

There were three apartment in the compound and he wondered which one was Jane's.

He knocked on the first one but got no reply and then he proceeded to the second one, just one knock and the door flew open revealing a young lady probably in her early twenties.

''Who are you?'' she asked, wrinkling her nose.

Nate hissed inwardly.

So much for the beauty without manners!

''I'm looking for a lady, her name is Jane'' When the lady kept on staring at him without answering, he quickly added ''Jane Omeje''

''I see'' was her only reply.

Oh God! Not another interrogation by this brat. He prayed.

She grimaced ''Jane is my cousin and presently she isn't at home, she's at the hospital''

''Which hospital?'' Nate asked impatiently, already imagining himself behind the wheels, driving to the hospital.

''Young man, I don't know you and I also don't have the whole time in the world'' she rasped.

''I'm her boss, Nathaniel, you can call her to confirm'' he replied, scrutinizing her.
Whatever she lacked in character, she made up for it in looks. He also noticed that she bore a little physical resemblance to Jane and maybe in character too--Just maybe.

''You're Nate, the rude and proud boss'' she replied mockingly and Nate almost couldn't resist the urge to punch her, especially that mouth of hers.

''We've not met before but it seems you hate me already, and I don't care, Just give me the name of the hospital, simple and then I will get out of your way''

''I don't hate you'' she corrected ''I was just about leaving for the hospital, I need to take food to them and you? You're not helping matters, you are delaying me''

Nate finally lost it and eyed her before muttering ''You're too rude''

''Sorr...

''Just tell me the name of the hospital''

He was getting angry and impatient.

He wondered if there was a thing as school of manners cuz Jane and her cousin definately need to take one or two courses there.

''She's at General Hospital Maitama'' she finally said.

''Thanks'' he said and turned to go but then he remembered what she said earlier about him delaying her ''Mind if I give you a ride?''

''Thanks'' she replied and ran inside only to re-appear with a basket containing a food flask.

The ride to the hospital was quiet as little miss Sassy kept mute all through, ignoring all his questions and small talks, including when he asked for her name.

When they got in, he almost screamed when he saw the state Jane was in; swollen red eyes, ruffled hair and rumpled clothes.

''Nate, my mum is dying of Cancer, she's dy...dying'' she cried out as he walked over to her.

He engulfed her in a soothing hug, rubbing his hand on her back gently, as the need to comfort her overwhelmed him

Tbc

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Love Hiccups by Adesina12: 10:33pm On Jul 08, 2017
This is love

The real love

I am worry If these stupid friends understand what love mean

3 Likes

Re: Love Hiccups by Toyin223(f): 10:36pm On Jul 08, 2017
Hmmmmmmm Cancer May Kimberlywest Heal Her I Feel Sorry For Jane
Re: Love Hiccups by queenitee(f): 10:47pm On Jul 08, 2017
yungeez:

ok baby, jst let me no wen d time come, i av evans on speed dail
Ahahah, I will
Re: Love Hiccups by queenitee(f): 10:49pm On Jul 08, 2017
Cancer!!! May God heal her
Re: Love Hiccups by Ayomicome(m): 11:48pm On Jul 08, 2017
queenitee:
Cancer!!! May God heal her
Amen ooo
Adesina12:
This is love

The real love

I am worry If these stupid friends understand what love mean
I think she's teaching them well
Re: Love Hiccups by Jane1234f(f): 12:10am On Jul 09, 2017
Love exist only when you find the right person, that one person you are not afraid of loosing

1 Like

Re: Love Hiccups by Kimkardashain(f): 2:53am On Jul 09, 2017
oh God,pls heal this woman.
Re: Love Hiccups by Eniqurl(f): 4:25am On Jul 09, 2017
Kimberlywest believe me you are the best.
Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 6:15am On Jul 09, 2017
Cont'd

Nate continued rubbing her back gently as she cried her eyes out, wetting his shirt with her tears, but that was the least of his problems.

He looked at the frail woman, who laid on the hospital bed with her eyes closed. ''she was probably sedated'' he thought and returned his attention to the crying Jane.

It broke his heart to see her that way and he wished he could help.

He patted her head speaking soothing words to her, words like ''It will be alright'' and ''Everything will be fine before you know it'' and the words worked like charm because she soon stopped crying and he almost grabbed her hands when she stepped away from him.

''Thanks for coming, how did you know?'' she asked, looking downwards probably embarrassed.

''Your Facebook account'' he said to her and reached for her hand.

She opened her mouth to talk, realizing that the best thing to do was to keep quiet, she shut her mouth and started wiping her tears.

''Jane, It will be alright, your mum will be okay?'' he assured her using his hand to wipe the remaining tears off her face.

''I wish the doctors can say those words to me'' she cried out.

''Aunty Adaeze, I brought the food'' the young girl chimed in

''Princess, thank you'' Jane replied and collected the basket.

He darted his eyes from one person to another.
So she's called Adaeze! No wonder the old man said he didn't know any Jane.

''Aunty, mummy will be fine'' Princess said, misty-eyed and Nate heart broke again, he wished he could bring a glimmer of hope to those eyes.

''What exactly is wrong with her''

''Breast cancer'' Jane replied him casually and walked over to the bed side.

''Is she on treatment or what?'' He asked with genuine concern.

''We've tried chemotherapy and the rest, but none is working, It seems like God really want her back'' Jane replied and started to cry again, this time around before he could reach for her, Princess already did and they both started weeping again.

His own eyes became moisty from watching the two ladies cry.

''Princess, what did the doctor say'' He asked, he couldn't ask Jane because clearly she won't be able to say anything.

''The cancer is already in stage 4, the advanced metastatic stage and that's the final stage, there's nothing they can do anymore'' Princess replied and that brought out another outburst from Jane.

''There's nothing they can do anymore?'' he asked himself ''Surely, that's impossible'' he muttered.

''Who's the doctor'' he asked, already opening the door.

''His name is doctor Williams'' Princess replied, It seemed like she's the brave one among the two ladies.

Nate nodded and hurried off--off to look for doctor Williams.

K.C ascended the stairs leading to the sadist proffessor's office.

''Who goes to work on saturday when others are relaxing?'' He asked himself and sighed.

His mind quickly drifted to the few hours he spent with Jane, her mum and her sister.

Her mum was jovial and very friendly while the little sister? Well, he felt like he was with Maryann, his own younger sister but in this case a smaller and more mischievious Maryann, but nevertheless, he enjoyed the little time he spent with her.

What really surprised him was when Dami was called out as the best graduating student.

Not that he thought her as dumb, he knew she's brilliant but he never knew she was that--that brilliant.

Because of that, he wrote her a cheque of Two million naira which he slipped into the other 'feminine' gifts Maryann had suggested for him.

Too bad, he couldn't stay for the whole event.

You know that moment when you feel like you've lost it all and then you begin praying and asking God why you are still alive and why he hasn't taken your soul? Yeah! That's exactly the kind of condition Ken found himself in.

He laid on the couch, looking helpless and lean, the football match showing on the T.V wasn't doing any good, infact he wasn't even looking at it.

His mind was imagining things; things like what could have been, If only he hadn't cheated.

He was thinking about the lovely saturdays and the laughter and playing around and he wished that the stone-hearted Kath who had come visiting the previous night, was never even born in the first place. She was lucky he didn't hit her.

Just then his cell phone rang and he picked it praying for a miracle to happen--for it to be his wife.

Unfortunately it wasn't.

''Hello Queen'' he answered dryly.

He didn't hear a thing from her after some seconds and he called out again, already panicking.

''Queen?''

''Ken, I'm sorry, I can't watch her cry everyday and watch her ruin her perfect life with her own hands, please come over, your wife is in my house''

Immediately he heard that, he threw the phone aside and hurried upstairs to get his car keys, in less than 2 minutes he was back in the sitting room and ready to leave for Queen's house.

''Time to apologize and put things back the way they were'' he muttered as he drove out of the compound.

Tbc.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 6:29am On Jul 09, 2017
Eniqurl:
Kimberlywest believe me you are the best.

Thanks sis. God bless you!
Re: Love Hiccups by Kimkardashain(f): 7:57am On Jul 09, 2017
kimberlyWest!!!!!!
Re: Love Hiccups by Ekemeze: 8:02am On Jul 09, 2017
Re: Love Hiccups by Nickibeauty(f): 8:03am On Jul 09, 2017
nice episode Kim d baddest writer
Re: Love Hiccups by Hadampson(m): 11:16am On Jul 09, 2017
stephenGee12:

I am here ooo . I haven't even travelled.
Young man better warn ur self.
Make una warn am oo otherwise we go do e-burial for here oooo.
Hadampson which of the guns do u suggest I use abi she Lleigh should come and torture the guy ni
M4 would be okay
Re: Love Hiccups by pweetymhi(f): 11:23am On Jul 09, 2017
Love in the air, Bh still blind to see it
Re: Love Hiccups by marianneada(f): 12:12pm On Jul 09, 2017
Ken has finally broken his home, Vicky might forgive him but she wont forget what he did to her, wishing Ken and Nath luck in their pursuit for love. Kim sweetie, you're too much, I 'm still searching for the right word to use to describe this story, Kudos sis, and Happy Sunday to u smiley
Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jul 09, 2017
Kimkardashain:
kimberlyWest!!!!!!
cheesy cheesy grin grin Ogini?
What did i do now? cheesy
Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jul 09, 2017
marianneada:
Ken has finally broken his home, Vicky might forgive him but she wont forget what he did to her, wishing Ken and Nath luck in their pursuit for love. Kim sweetie, you're too much, I 'm still searching for the right word to use to describe this story, Kudos sis, and Happy Sunday to u smiley

''I'm blushing''
grin grin cheesy
Thanks Big sis.

And a very, very, very happy sunday to you and your family also.
Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jul 09, 2017
Nickibeauty:
nice episode Kim d baddest writer

Thanks Nicky cheesy grin grin the baddest rapper.
Re: Love Hiccups by marianneada(f): 12:20pm On Jul 09, 2017
KimberlyWest:

''I'm blushing''
grin grin cheesy
Thanks Big sis.

And a very, very, very happy sunday to you and your family also.
u're welcome dear
Re: Love Hiccups by queenitee(f): 12:22pm On Jul 09, 2017
Awwn, Queen is an angel..
Jane, mummy would be fine
K.c, Love has fallen on you and Nate
Re: Love Hiccups by pweetymhi(f): 12:25pm On Jul 09, 2017
Kimberlywest ur work forced me to open an account here, keep the good work up
Re: Love Hiccups by SlimBae(f): 12:37pm On Jul 09, 2017
Aww, poor KC and Nate trying so hard not to fall in love. Good job miss Kimberlywest
Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 09, 2017
pweetymhi:
Kimberlywest ur work forced me to open an account here, keep the good work up

Awwww...Sweetie,
Thanks alot.

And a Happy Sunday to you.
Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 09, 2017
SlimBae:
Aww, poor KC and Nate trying so hard not to fall in love. Good job miss Kimberlywest

Thanks alot dear.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (143) (Reply)

Black Maria / United In Betrayal / IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.