Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,890 members, 7,806,581 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:37 PM

Love Hiccups - Literature (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love Hiccups (864442 Views)

Top 10 Nairaland Stories Of The Week / Top 10 Nairaland Stories Of The Week / Introducing Top 10 Stories Of The Week ( Nomination Thread) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (143) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love Hiccups by Hadampson(m): 8:44pm On Jun 07, 2017
boffinjay:
wow!great to hear a good news from home.me nd hadampson are at a meeting with dignitaries of other lands!!we're gonna arrive soonest to come nd pop da champagne!
we are back!!! oya lets celebratecheesy
Re: Love Hiccups by Hadampson(m): 8:45pm On Jun 07, 2017
queenitee:

Pe we made FP, abeg which dance make I dance to celebrate? Congratulation
Dance Ajaga abi u knw fit dance?
Re: Love Hiccups by Hadampson(m): 8:48pm On Jun 07, 2017
samyfreshsmooth:

wow wow wow wow wow congrats to us all especially you

i knew none of the mods would be able read this and not take it to fp.............they'll definitely feel guilty if they dont

cheers honey

lol adesina12 na guy o..................i dont blame you sha for thinking his an aunty cos na ladies man e be......all dem ladies dy always move and chat with am wink
Oga Mi u re backshockedshocked
walai i didn't know
*prostrate infront of da boss* Welcome Sirgrin
Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 8:49pm On Jun 07, 2017
cheesy
I will soon update, I haven't forgotten.
Re: Love Hiccups by Hadampson(m): 8:50pm On Jun 07, 2017
KimberlyWest:
''Dancing, victory dance''

Thanks guys, we just made frontpage.

Aunty Adesina12, give everybody two, two pack of popcorn, the bill is one me.

Hadampson, where art thou.
Fmartin, gtin, boffinjay, where una keep Hadampson?

Samyfreshsmooth, come o, I don find GF for you.

Kimkardashian, am still waiting and salivating.
Na one stewpid mod ban me jawe
Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jun 07, 2017
Hadampson:
we are back!!! oya lets celebratecheesy

As a typical nigeria girl, first thing first. Wetin you bring come, before I go welcome you properly.
Re: Love Hiccups by samyfreshsmooth(m): 9:00pm On Jun 07, 2017
Hadampson:
Oga Mi u re backshockedshocked
walai i didn't know
*prostrate infront of da boss* Welcome Sirgrin

lol

na u be my boss o

howfa na.....how the nl prison be na

i hear say dier beans dy sweet but water too full am grin

Wetin u even do sef?

Anyways sha welcome back...........its nice to have u back

as u commot i just weak con go take solace for romance section since and if not for kimberly sweet story i for don turn full time romancelander

Re: Love Hiccups by Hadampson(m): 9:01pm On Jun 07, 2017
KimberlyWest:

As a typical nigeria girl, first thing first. Wetin you bring come, before I go welcome you properly.
Hmmm nothing much just some wrap of indian hempgringrin
Re: Love Hiccups by Hadampson(m): 9:03pm On Jun 07, 2017
crislyn:
Hadampson thank u for the mention o...that is how a good story would have passed me by.
You re always welcome dearcheesy
Re: Love Hiccups by Hadampson(m): 9:15pm On Jun 07, 2017
samyfreshsmooth:

lol

na u be my boss o

howfa na.....how the nl prison be na

i hear say dier beans dy sweet but water too full am grin

Wetin u even do sef?

Anyways sha welcome back...........its nice to have u back

as u commot i just weak con go take solace for romance section since and if not for kimberly sweet story i for don turn full time romancelander
Truth be told...D NL prison no dey okay at all.. dem suppose put AC 4 dere nah.. As 4 food, na ewa agoringrin dem dey gv us o. so api tew be backcheesy

I was banned because i violated rule no.5
Re: Love Hiccups by Hadampson(m): 9:16pm On Jun 07, 2017
KimberlyWest:
Hadampson, darloseh, gtin, Fmartin, priestchurch, Adesina12, Comelyjummy, KimKardashian, Akinwale, Evajael, Lilyjoe567, Jane1234, Taniaa, Damis28crown, Eniqurl, Samyfreshsmooth(I see ya), Boffinjay, Roladiva, queenite, Jagugu88li, harmobolanle, Michelle55.

I have conquered the anti-spam bot, i finally updated.
Wonderful piece... thanks 4 d mention
Re: Love Hiccups by Hadampson(m): 9:19pm On Jun 07, 2017
KimberlyWest:

Thanks dear.
Don't mind him, 12 women for just one guy to choose from! Haba! For this recession?

U wan make i add more abi? 12 women is nur much nah...
Re: Love Hiccups by Hadampson(m): 9:21pm On Jun 07, 2017
KimberlyWest:

Thanks alot for the comment. No need to be sorry.
You are highly welcomed.
Just take your special seat and lemme call one 'better pikin' to offer you a special gift.

Hadampson (father supreme supreme), senior madam don land o.
Supreme supreme ko, super super ni
Re: Love Hiccups by samyfreshsmooth(m): 9:23pm On Jun 07, 2017
Hadampson:
Truth be told...D NL prison no dey okay at all.. dem suppose put AC 4 dere nah.. As 4 food, na ewa agoringrin dem dey gv us o. so api tew be backcheesy

I was banned because i violated rule no.5

lmao..............rule breaker tongue

What bout ur harameede99 na
Re: Love Hiccups by Hadampson(m): 9:24pm On Jun 07, 2017
hormobolanle:
grin;gringrin
I wish he is bin banned self

hin wahala go reduce
wait did I just say dat#coversMouth
n Waka away since no update yet
shockedshocked
Don't worry nah.. ur own is coming very soon

Jummiepearl come and join me, i no fit finish am all by myself o

Re: Love Hiccups by Hadampson(m): 9:26pm On Jun 07, 2017
samyfreshsmooth:

lmao..............rule breaker tongue

What bout ur harameede99 na
Her phone was stolen buh we stl dey rap 4 facebook

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Love Hiccups by chiscodedon(m): 9:32pm On Jun 07, 2017
I yaff come again.. Sipping my remaining zobo...where that adesina...bring chilled pol corn come,I no go sleep tonyt until Kimberly updates
Re: Love Hiccups by Hadampson(m): 9:40pm On Jun 07, 2017
RolaDiva:
Hadampson really?...

Thanks for the mention...
Lovely story kim...following...
Thanks 4 stopping by.. grin
Re: Love Hiccups by gtin(m): 9:44pm On Jun 07, 2017
KimberlyWest:
''Dancing, victory dance''
Thanks guys, we just made frontpage.
Aunty Adesina12, give everybody two, two pack of popcorn, the bill is one me.
Hadampson, where art thou. Fmartin, gtin, boffinjay, where una keep Hadampson?
Samyfreshsmooth, come o, I don find GF for you.
Kimkardashian, am still waiting and salivating.
Congrats Kimberlywest for making frontpage, oya keep it coming
Re: Love Hiccups by samyfreshsmooth(m): 9:50pm On Jun 07, 2017
Hadampson:
Her phone was stolen buh we stl dey rap 4 facebook

ok na boss

say hi to her for me o
Re: Love Hiccups by Hadampson(m): 9:53pm On Jun 07, 2017
samyfreshsmooth:

ok na boss
say hi to her for me o
Surecheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jun 07, 2017
****Continuation****

''sweetheart, we are late, service starts by 8, and this is 7:25, please come down'' Vicky called out to her husband from the sitting room.

''ahhhhhh, am coming'' he called out, still trying to knot his tie properly.

Their's wasn't your typical house, where the husband would be the first to dress and then wait for an additional two hours for the woman to finish dressing up and applying her make-up.
It was the other way round, his wife is usually the first to get dressed, she was one of those women who didn't use make-up, not for church reasons nor anything, it was just her personal choice and he loved her more for that, not many women would be bold this days to reveal their God-given beauty. Back in the University, he used to call her a naive girl because of it but now he has grown to appreciate it.

''am still waiting o'' she called out again, impatiently.

''alright, am coming'' he said descending down the stairs, taking it two at a time.

His wife started to chuckle when she saw him.

''You can go, am not going again'' he replied settling down on the sofa.

''alright, am sory, sorry, but you look...look...cute in that rumpled Shirt and Suite'' she replied sarcastically still chuckling.

He looked at her and feigned anger.

''sorry, am late please, let's go'' she hurried him.

When he didn't even make any attempt to get up, she came back and dragged him by his tie and he followed her quietly like a goat being led to the abbattoir.

''I will drive'' she said when they got outside, stretching her hand for the car keys which he handed over to her without any argument.
She collected it and entered and he went to the other side and sat beside her.

Soon they were on the highway leading to their church.

''You know, you should start loving God more, he has done alot for you'' his wife said and glanced at him briefly before facing the road again.

''Dear wifey, I love God, i just don't like pastors and prophets nor even church'' he said defensively.

''do not forsake the gathering of the brethren'' she said smiling.

''ahhhhhhhhh, just stop the car, I will go back home and pray all by
myself'' he said with a fake frown.

''no way, not happening'' she replied laughing before giving him a tongue out.

He simply put his hand over his forhead and relaxed.

His mind went back to the day his step-mum came back home and told his dad in his presence, that a prophet said he was responsible for her inability to bear male children.

That was the day his hatred for pastors, and prophets started, he started going to church as an obligation and not a necessity, and when he got into the University, he stopped attending church services but still his Love for God did not diminish, he still prayed despite his flirtatious lifestyle.

He looked at his wife and smiled, she was humming to a christian song that was being played by a radio station.

He remembered how he started attending church services again.

He was in his room, K.C and Nate had gone out with their new catch, the three of them had a room to themselves as against the six in a room setting. Nothing that connection and money could not do.

He was in his room with his mum's picture in his hand crying his eyes out, as the memories of the good moments they had before her demise, came flooding in his mind.

He heard a gentle knock on the door, and quickly tucked the picture under his pillow.

''Yes, who is there'' he asked the intruder.

''It's a friend'' she replied but he didn't need a further introduction, the face of the owner had been in his dream continously for the past one month.

He contemplated telling her to go away but he decided against it, he was itching to see her.

''give me a minute'' he ran into the bathroom and washed his face.

''Come in'' he replied indifferently.

''Good evening'' she greeted without taking any step.

''If you want to stay there, fine, don't come in'' he replied nonchalantly.

''Ken, am sorry for being so ungrateful, I should have come here earlier to thank you for helping me out with my assignment'' She apologized.

''It's exactly a month and two days, since i helped you out'' he replied and left the door wide open for her and went in to sit on a chair in the room.

She then walked in and went and sat on his bed.

''am sorry'' she said again.

''you are forgiven'' he replied.

''Thanks, but why are your eyes swollen''

''I just woke up''

''oh, sorry for waking you'' she replied and her hands went directly to his pillow, before he could stop her, she already took it up and put it on her laps, that was when she saw the picture.

''wow, beautiful lady, is she your girlfriend'' she asked.

He almost laughed.

''No, she's my mum''

''oh, i didn't even look closely, the resemblance is there, sorry for my stupid question'' she asked admiring the picture.

He went over to her and snatched the picture away from her, he knew he behaved like a psycho but he didn't care

She looked up at him with surprise and confusion.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jun 07, 2017
Hadampson:
Hmmm nothing much just some wrap of indian hempgringrin

Abeg bring am fast. See raw cash abeg. Who wan buy? raise up your hand.
Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jun 07, 2017
Hadampson:

U wan make i add more abi? 12 women is nur much nah...

Add ke? No polygamy for here. Na one man, one woman na im we dey do for here. If you think am lying ask Ken.
Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jun 07, 2017
chiscodedon:
I yaff come again.. Sipping my remaining zobo...where that adesina...bring chilled pol corn come,I no go sleep tonyt until Kimberly updates

Hope you never sleep.

I dey always update between 9 and 12 before i go join madam supreme supreme for that side. I go drop another one sha.
Re: Love Hiccups by Akinwale14(m): 10:07pm On Jun 07, 2017
nice story
Re: Love Hiccups by Adesina12: 10:23pm On Jun 07, 2017
KimberlyWest:

Hope you never sleep.

I dey always update between 9 and 12 before i go join madam supreme supreme for that side. I go drop another one sha.

Who be madam supreme supreme?
Re: Love Hiccups by queenitee(f): 10:23pm On Jun 07, 2017
Hadampson:
Dance Ajaga abi u knw fit dance?
I no fit dance that one o
Re: Love Hiccups by queenitee(f): 10:31pm On Jun 07, 2017
Aunty Kim kim, this update no reach o
Re: Love Hiccups by Hadampson(m): 10:50pm On Jun 07, 2017
KimberlyWest:

Abeg bring am fast. See raw cash abeg. Who wan buy? raise up your hand.
gringrin In Wizkid's voice>>> Kimberlywest izza bad galcheesy
Re: Love Hiccups by rachealfst(f): 10:54pm On Jun 07, 2017
KimberlyWest:
Hello friends.
Rachealfst(wonderful witer, I enjoyed all your stories so far).

Thanks for the mention sis. Ride on, God is your strength. More grace.....
Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jun 07, 2017
'Cont'd.

''Kennedy what was that for'' she asked standing up.

''It's my personal stuff, I barely know you, you have no right to touch my things'' he said putting the picture into his back pocket.

''Am sorry sir, But we all have mums, touching your mum's picture is no big deal''

''don't generalise, use ''You'' not ''we' '' he replied curtly and went back to his seat.

Ken, what did you mean by that'' she asked politely.

''haaaa, i thought you were smart, She is dead, dead and gone forever, Okay?''

''Ken, am so sorry about your mum'' she said to him when his words sank in.

''you don't have to be'' he replied a bit calmer this time around.

''What about your dad?'' she asked with concern.

''My dad is busy jumping from one prophet to another looking for a way to cast out what is not there, who on earth labels his own son a witch'' he retorted looking very sad and furious.

She stood up and came to him and held his shoulder, comforting him.

''Tell me about it'' she said to him.

He didn't know why or how, but he soon found himself telling her everything from his mother's demise to his step mum's maltreatment, and to his father's hatred towards him.

''Oh, that is mean, you've been through alot, am human, i will only render my humanly help to you but you need God's intervention in this'' she said to him after he finished narrating his life's story to her.

''I know'' he replied wiping the tears that had already began falling from his eyes.

She looked at him like he spoke spanish.

''what'' he asked puzzled.

''Nothing, it's just that i didn't think you know anything about God'' she replied and turned away.

''Victoria, look at me, I know i flirt alot but that doesn't mean i have no relationship with God''

''That's hard to believe, when last did you go to church?''

''four years ago'' he replied sincerely.

''Talk about a perfect relationship with God'' she replied sarcastically.

''don't mock me lady'' he said smiling, after telling her about his life, he felt like a huge stone has been lifted off his chest.

''am not mocking you, well, a day after tomorrow is Sunday and i want you to come with me to church''

''I will think about it'' he said to her with a smile which was no where near genuine.

''don't, it's an order and you better not disobey or else''

''else what''

'' I will break both your legs''

''Ouch, that's mean'' he replied holding his legs.

''I've got to go, i have a group reading with my friends this evening'' she said picking up her hand bag.

''alright, thanks for stopping by'' he said to her.

''alright, and thanks for all the while you've been undressing me with your eyes'' she replied humorously.

He laughed at himself when she left, he thought he had better control of his testosterone hormone in her presence but he was wrong, she noticed the way he was looking at her.

''You've been smiling since, what's funny'' Vicky asked Ken, tapping him gently.

''Are we in church already'' he asked looking around.

''no, we are at the salon'' she said stepping down from the car.

''today is sunday, atleast be nice''

''I have been nice, i drove you here, i picked out a nice clothe for you and you went instead for a rumpled and off colour one'' she said to him.

''I wore what i thought was right'' he defended.

''so, tell me why were you smiling'' she said to him when he stepped out of the car.

''Just remembering when my dear lovely wife first came to get me to go to church'' he said flashing her a smile.

''don't remind me about it, You literally slept outside the hostel for one month, just because i asked you to go to church with me''

''point of correction, you ordered me'

''Don't say a word again about that again''

''yes ma''

They went into the church and took seat the young usher had pointed at for them.

K.C was in his room listening to music with his phone when it beeped and he checked it and saw a very short text from his father.

''Come to the family house after church service''

He cussed and cussed before picking his phone to call Nate.

''guy whats up'' he said immediately Nate answered the call.

''mehn, am cool, having the best time of my life, every where is so quiet, i wish everyday was sunday.''

''Same thing here, biko, what time does church service end'' he asked Nate, who became quiet for a while probably thinking.

''Guy, i don't know, I don't know the last time i went to church.

''oya by bye I forgot you were of no use in this kind of matter, am sure Ken will know'' he said and ended the call before Nate could reply.

He tried Ken's number and it was switched off.

''Pastor Ken, is probably in the church'' he said dropping the phone in disappointment.

He then resolved in his mind to go buy 11AM.

''it better not be another meeting to get me angry'' he said aloud before picking his phone again to continue with his music.

Tbc.

7 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (143) (Reply)

Black Maria / United In Betrayal / IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.