Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,652 members, 7,801,902 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

Love Hiccups - Literature (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Love Hiccups (864149 Views)

Top 10 Nairaland Stories Of The Week / Top 10 Nairaland Stories Of The Week / Introducing Top 10 Stories Of The Week ( Nomination Thread) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (143) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jul 24, 2017
lipsrsealed
Speechless....
Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jul 24, 2017
Pinkfeet:
kim keep it up.
i dey gbadun dis story

Vicky am pleading on the behave of uncle Kennedy please biko forgive and forget

Kim, i think this play boys have suffer for love alot.
Doctor Raphael you are mad, so you don't love dami tongue

Thanks dear.

grin grin grin

Their suffering just started.
Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jul 24, 2017
tickertop:
Secretly following this story for weeks now. Not good in reading stuffs like this but this caught me. Nice work KIM. Please put a face to that name...lol

Thanks alot dear.

cheesy cheesy Very soon I will put a face to the name.

1 Like

Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jul 24, 2017
talk2saintify:

LOL
ah talk am Bae is weird sha

Sum1 tah have been following yhu around like a chick following it mother....

he even started going to church bcuz of yhu...

naw yhu say he hates yhu lol

Bae yhu need formatting slap jor...

Thankful K.C respects woman alot
Yeye Sheed!!

cheesy cheesy cheesy 'chick following it mother'' this part is so hilarious.

K.C, you have suffered, Love has turned you to mumu...chai..back in those days, we would say 'see casting'' but now, let me just reserve my comment.
Re: Love Hiccups by kasey18: 9:15pm On Jul 24, 2017
Kim thanks for this beautiful story. I've been a ghost reader
Re: Love Hiccups by solz23(m): 9:17pm On Jul 24, 2017
Thrilling as ever, leave me longing for more...nice update dear
Re: Love Hiccups by seg005: 9:33pm On Jul 24, 2017
Chumzypinky:
Kc, wrong move

It isn't my dear sister....its better we scatter it all and know where we all stand than faking it,...then we can now rebuild our friendship, by that time it would be mutual.

Good stuff kim
Re: Love Hiccups by hormobolanle: 9:58pm On Jul 24, 2017
Jane1234f:
No be talk am ohh,na hormobolanle
yes na. na me reach to talk am n I no dy talk Wetin I no c, even Kimberlywest self no fit tell me say she Neva swallow somethinggrin

av not bin online for some days now Biko Wat is supin
Re: Love Hiccups by Ekemeze: 11:00pm On Jul 24, 2017
Re: Love Hiccups by BerryAnny(m): 11:48pm On Jul 24, 2017
*sighs* After 3 days of incessant reading I finally catch up with you. What a nice story Miss Kim! Keep up the good work.

1 Like

Re: Love Hiccups by marianneada(f): 4:58am On Jul 25, 2017
Kc why na?,but wait ooo, does it really mean that Raphael and Dami are really dating?
Re: Love Hiccups by Deji124(m): 7:17am On Jul 25, 2017
Wow just catch up with these story and i must say i love the story especially the life of ken keep it coming dear the sky is not your limit.&ghost mode deactivated&gringringrin
Re: Love Hiccups by Jane1234f(f): 8:40am On Jul 25, 2017
hormobolanle:

yes na. na me reach to talk am n I no dy talk Wetin I no c, even Kimberlywest self no fit tell me say she Neva swallow somethinggrin

av not bin online for some days now Biko Wat is supin
lol,so she's truly pregnant
Re: Love Hiccups by talk2saintify(m): 8:45am On Jul 25, 2017
KimberlyWest:

cheesy cheesy cheesy 'chick following it mother'' this part is so hilarious.

K.C, you have suffered, Love has turned you to mumu...chai..back in those days, we would say 'see casting'' but now, let me just reserve my comment.

lol

no be small thing oooo

and also remember see casting grin grin grin

Chai Man done grow sha

1 Like

Re: Love Hiccups by vegas000000077: 10:00am On Jul 25, 2017
Yea!I got sure link http://dayjob.site/?ref=61185 . this link are paying you in order to generate traffic to there advertiser's websites. they get paid from an advertisers for the traffic they bring to them and paid commission to you people. once you refer 10 people you get paid 36,000 you transfer it to your bank account or PayPal account. it does not require any money from you to register or referring people. when you try it you will understand better.
Re: Love Hiccups by kyliespicer: 10:27am On Jul 25, 2017
wow, ken, u need prayers, vicky quit shedding tears and fight 4 your marriage. k.c take heart, she will come bk, emm nate, lip sealed, kimberlyWest,hun,kip it up, p:s i miss all d sisters dramas, u guys shud cum bk pls
Re: Love Hiccups by blaqqueen(f): 1:21pm On Jul 25, 2017
KimberlyWest:
***Cont'd.

K.C was sitting next to his dad on their way to the hospital to collect the test results, mumbling angrily, he hated riding in a chauffeur-driven car and much more being chaperoned by his dad, who was sitting right next to him reading a newspaper.

After two days of brainstorming, him and his friends came up with nothing as they were also having a bad time; Ken was yet to hear from his wife and Nate was dejected and torn apart by the way he treated Juliet.

He has finally resigned to his fate, and ready to accept whatever will come his way when his father finds out that he lied about having Chlamydia.

His international passports and Credit cards were all arranged in his bedroom waiting to be of use, whenever his dads punishment get's too severe.

They got to the hospital and he stepped down without saying a word to his dad. His dad also came down and looked at him momentarily before leading the way into the hospital closely followed by his bodyguards.

They got in and a nurse ran to meet them with the test results, he made to collect it but his dad was faster.

His heart started to pound heavily in his chest.

With the test results firmly secured in his hand, his dad looked at him cursorly and opened the paper he brought out of the envelope.

In an attempt to appear calm as his dad began to read through the paper, he interlocked his hands behind his back.

''You are lucky'' his dad said to him and motioned for them to leave.

''Lucky? How?''

''You are lucky you were not messing around with me, if not i would have dealt with you, to the extent that your mother won't even recognize you if she sees you'' his dad tossed the paper into his hand and walked away.

He opened the paper and was alarmed when he saw the word ''Positive'' written boldy in black, meaning he actually has chlamydia.

He looked at his dad retreating figure and dashed towards the office of the young doctor he met with, two days ago.
He entered without knocking.

''what is this'' he asked waving the paper in the doctor's face.

''it's your test result''

''I thought you declined my money, why did you help me'' he asked quietly.

''Mr, Kelechi, I didn't help you, what you see in that paper is nothing but the truth''

''wha...wha..what do you mean''

''I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you actually have chlamydia'' the doctor said gently.

''please, tell me this is a joke''

''am no comedian and I don't lie to my patients''

''so, you mean its true''

''Nothing is truer that this, you actually have chronic chlamydia, if you had detected quickly, it wouldn't have reached the stage it is now''

''I'm, I'm confused right now, doctor are you sure this is true?'' he asked once more.

''I am very sure''

Without another word he opened the door and walked out to meet his dad waiting impatiently for him.

Immediately he was dropped off at his workplace by his dad's cheuffeur, he entered his car and zoomed off without going into his office.

He drove straight to sparkle's bar to relieve his anguish only stopping for a minute to send a quick text to his two friends.

''Give me a bottle of the strongest alcoholic wine you have''

The waiter who knew him very well, and also knew that he doesn't take alcohol, stood his ground, like he didn't hear right.

''My friend will you get what I want'' he yelled angrily and the waiter scampered to go and get the drink he requested.

With the bottle of the alcoholic wine in his front and a glass next to it, he set to work and finished up the first bottle within ten minutes and ordered another one.

''how the hell did i go from pretending to have chlamydia to actually having it'' his drunk voice rang out to no one in particular.

He continued drinking and ordering more until he was stark drunk, Nate appeared just in the nick of time to stop him from falling down when he attempted to stand up.

''man, what's all this, when did you start taking alcohol'' Nate asked.

''I have chlamydia, I have chlamydia for real, I have chlamydia'' he said smiling at Nate.

Nate covered his nose fighting the urge to vomit, as the air around them reeked of alcohol.

He was surprised at the state he met K.C, the three of them usually stayed away from anything labelled 'Alcohol''

''K.C you have to get your acts together, alcohol won't change anything, take it easy'' Nate Consoled K.C gripping his shoulder.

''I hate myself for ever going close to a lady, I hate everything about women, I hate em all'' he cursed drunkly.

Ken walked in at that moment.

Nate gasped when he saw him; Ken was a shadow of himself, he looked very lean and depressed.

''Hy brothers'' he greeted and sat next to Nate.

''Ken what's wrong with you'' Nate asked.

''Nothing, am just enjoying life to the fulle...''

The ringing of his phone stopped him, he picked it and put it on loudspeaker.

The message was simple and clear
''come over to Zakari's hospital right now, your wife is here, she was found lying unconscious in a hotel room''

Tbc.
Re: Love Hiccups by Gloryejims(f): 1:49pm On Jul 25, 2017
Fantastic piece keep riding babe @Kimberlywest
Re: Love Hiccups by mamindy(f): 2:36pm On Jul 25, 2017
KimberlyWest:

Thanks dear.
grin grin grin
Their suffering just started.
What!!! so all those I have been reading since no bi suffering for ur eye? I dey fear to read the next update. I still dey
Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 25, 2017
Wow. After a long read, here we are.
Kimberlywest, this piece is more than wonderful; in other words, its full of wonders.
I love the way you are promoting the 'Nsukka' God given brain. You are actually my sister.
I know you will continue to make us more proud as God will also continue to increase you.
More Updates pls.
Am innnnn.....

1 Like

Re: Love Hiccups by Queensiju: 4:09pm On Jul 25, 2017
Na real Gobe KC enter ooo. Nate abeg no gree for dat maga ooo. Welldone Kim.
Re: Love Hiccups by Lildiamond: 7:14pm On Jul 25, 2017
I love this story
Re: Love Hiccups by Marchborn123: 7:49pm On Jul 25, 2017
Som pple can quote 4 africa. Nice n more update dr.
Re: Love Hiccups by Ayomicome(m): 7:56pm On Jul 25, 2017
This story is getting more interesting update after update. Weldon Kim.
Re: Love Hiccups by Uzyvicks(f): 9:06pm On Jul 25, 2017
Kimberly dear I must commend you on your regular update, don't drop ur hands o, unlike other writers that will stay for months before updating. Please keep bringing them
Re: Love Hiccups by gtin(m): 10:37pm On Jul 25, 2017
Nice story Kim keep it coming
Re: Love Hiccups by Nobody: 6:33am On Jul 26, 2017
Cont'd

Ken sat in his sitting room watching a repeat broadcast of the football match he missed the previous day, a knock sounded on the door.

He sluggishly walked to the door, opening it, ''who is the...'' he stopped mid-way when he came face to face with the two people he's been trying so hard to avoid the past few weeks, he looked from one to another; one smiling and the other bearing a deep grimace.

''Dad, what are you doing here?'' Ken asked.

''Is that how your precious mother taught you how to greet?'' his dad asked.

''Don't bring my mum into this, let the dead be!''

''If not for the resemblance between us, I would have asked for a DNA test long ago'' his dad threw back at him and Ken lowered his eyelids and rolled his eyes.

Indeed, the two men look so much alike facially and stature wise, both tall, dark-skinned and with that boyish look that makes you wonder if they are under-aged married men, it seems the family posses a 'forever-young' gene in them, except ofcourse for Ken's step-mum whose face is always heavily padded with make-up, that one can rarely point out her true look.

''...I can't have a son who doesn't respect me''

''Dad, respect is reciprocal''

''So, we are now age mates, If I don't respect you, you won't respect me?'' His dad asked with his hand clenched into a fist by his side while his wife stood by him with a hand on his shoulder, smiling like she's watching another hilarious episode of 'Papa Ajasco'

''Dad, this is my house'' Ken warned, indirectly telling him to mind the way he speaks to him.

''Your house? That's funny, where did you get the money to buy it, is it from your company or mine?''

''My hardwork bought me the house!'' Ken answered and was about shutting the door, in their faces, when he turned and saw his mother in-law descending the stairs.

''Dad, you're welcome, God bless you for coming'' he said instead, with a warm smile, just to hide his true intention from his mother In-law.

''My dear In-law, good afternoon'' His dad greeted.

''Good afternoon, thanks for honouring my invitation''

As the hugging and shaking hands continued, Ken tiptoed to the stairs and was about ascending it when a voice stopped him ''My son, call your wife, sorry for not informing you earlier, I invited your father and mother, we all need to talk'' Vicky's mum said to him and Ken turned and was about protesting that the woman sitting there is not his mother but the look on his dad's face told him that staying silent is the best option.

''I will call her, give me a minute'' Ken answered and left.

He walked upstairs, wondering what the 'we need to talk' is really about, but he reached no conclusion as different thoughts were running through his mind.

''Sweetheart, Your mum is calling you?'' he said smiling, the previous day, she behaved like the Vicky he once knew; caring, jovial and respectful, that gladdened his heart.

''Oh no! Tell me mum didn't invite your parent here?

''She did and that woman is my step-mum not my mother, why do you look worried?''

''You will understand when the conversation starts'' she gestured at him ''you can go, I just need to change Chiagozie's diaper and bring him to his grandparents''

He nodded and left.

''Mr. K.C what brings you here? And how the hell did you even get my house address?''

''I have my way'' K.C answered, smiling satisfactorily ''Just a little tip and I have what I want''

''Your dad is a politician and bribery and corruption is their third name, after Politifician, so why won't you go about bribing people to get what you want'' Doctor Raphael retorted.

''Who told you about my dad?'' K.C asked, his smile vanishing and being quickly replaced with a frown.

''Oh, I have my way also''

''Whatever! I didn't come for that, let's go in and talk.

''You are not expecting me to invite you into my house, are you?'' Doctor Raphael asked, and opened the door wider, so he could come out fully.

K.C peeped in and if not that he doesn't swear, he could have sworn that he saw a light skinned lady laying on the couch, half unclad, definately not Dami because she is dark-skinned.

''Who is she?'' K.C asked, obviously looking for trouble.

''Who?'' Raphael asked with a scowl.

''Bro, it takes one to know one and I know you, but that's not what I'm here for''

''Then say what you want and leave, I'm busy''

K.C smiled and winked at him ''Obviously'' putting on his serious look, he added ''How much do I pay so you will leave Dami?''

''Nothing''

''What?''

''You don't need to pay me, it feels good have what you want, remember Rose?''

''Rose?''

''How would you remember her, well let me remind you, the light skinned Geology student you dated in your first year''

K.C nodded, ''I remember her, what is it?''

''That was my girlfriend, who left me for you just because of your money''

''huh?''

''Revenge is really sweet, I will not give you any chance to date Dami, never! Goodbye Lover-boy'' the doctor said and shut the door in his face.

Tbc.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Love Hiccups by gtin(m): 7:26am On Jul 26, 2017
Wow so K.C stole is girlfriend first, revenge is indeed really sweet
Re: Love Hiccups by Kimkardashain(f): 7:57am On Jul 26, 2017
hehehehe...see gbege k.c chai sorry oh. why am i having a bad feeling abt dis impromptu family meeting. kimberlyWest twinnie this torture is too much
Re: Love Hiccups by Oyindawealth(f): 8:30am On Jul 26, 2017
Eeyah!...... and I'm pitying K.c sha... Dis revenge won't be for him.....
Re: Love Hiccups by Oyindawealth(f): 8:30am On Jul 26, 2017
Eeyah!...... and I'm pitying K.c sha... Dis revenge won't be sweet for him.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (143) (Reply)

Black Maria / United In Betrayal / IN The DARK (A Story Of Love,betrayal And Survival)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.