Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,342 members, 7,808,205 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:40 AM

No Cut Off Mark Announced Yet - Says JAMB - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / No Cut Off Mark Announced Yet - Says JAMB (9194 Views)

No Cut-off Mark For 2020 Admission Yet – JAMB / UNIBEN Post Utme 2018/2019: Registration Details, Form, Cut Off Mark Announced / JAMB Says No Cut- Off Marks Yet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Cut Off Mark Announced Yet - Says JAMB by samuel900(m): 9:51am On May 31, 2017
OLOYEDE SHOULD JUST STOP WASTING TIME

AnthonyDgreat:
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation
Board, JAMB, says it has yet to release cut-off marks for placements into tertiary institutions for the 2017 academic year.

Head, Media and Information, Dr. Fabian Benjamin, in a statement on Tuesday, said that the policy committee meeting responsible for the marks had not met.

“We want to appeal to all candidates to jettison such speculations and engage themselves in more meaningful ventures that would add value to their future,’’ he said.

Benjamin said results of the just concluded 2017 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination had since been released, with a few others still being previewed.

“We want to appeal to Nigerians to understand that such candidates whose results are being previewed may not necessarily have participated in any malpractice.

“But rather, centres where they sat for the examination had issues during the conduct of examination.

“These issues were reflected on the CCTV footage and this suggests why they must be carefully investigated before releasing such results,” he said.

The official said a school in Abia was discovered to have connected cables secretly to a distant hall for hired mercenaries to write for candidates.

“This is very unfortunate given the fact that the school is a missionary school and supposed to be a leading light against such
vices.

“We urge candidates to note that no result will be withheld without a cogent reason as this explains why we are taking time to ensure that those who are innocent are
exonerated.

“Again, candidates are advised not to patronise any centre, office or shop for any service; please visit our offices in all the 36 states of the Federation and FCT for any
complaint, enquiry or assistance.

“This is also because our attention has also been drawn to an illegal centre being operated near our Ikoyi Office in Lagos with the aim of defrauding innocent candidates.

“This centre collects all kinds of fees in cash for services that are even free. The general public should note that payments for any of our services are done via our TSA account with CBN and not cash.”

SOURCE: www.dailyschoolgist.com.ng/2017/05/no-cut-off-mark-announced-yet-says-jamb/
Re: No Cut Off Mark Announced Yet - Says JAMB by smartguyonline(m): 10:00am On May 31, 2017
gcgbcfffszbjhfweu7fsMgk) tdz kjffh.vxgafnnhgf
Re: No Cut Off Mark Announced Yet - Says JAMB by googlestar(f): 10:41am On May 31, 2017
JAMB HAHA

FACEBOOK group for sale link here facebook,, com\groups\658566587574521,

interested message me on facebook, add me on fb n message me 08136212795 PRICE- 7K or inbox me on fb for negotiation. only serious buyer!
Re: No Cut Off Mark Announced Yet - Says JAMB by Nobody: 10:44am On May 31, 2017
Badtman:
I scored 176 despite the internet and tripped off thatmarred my CBT so i couldn't answered all my question
I also scored 176 and na unilag i put Marine Biology. I wísh the cut off mark wil be 170

1 Like

Re: No Cut Off Mark Announced Yet - Says JAMB by Badtman(m): 10:53am On May 31, 2017
OluwabuqqyYOLO:

Obviously. You must have scored a score in English Language, I suppose.
yes bro, but the moment i tried to proceeded with the Eng reading passage and independence question the system tripped off
Re: No Cut Off Mark Announced Yet - Says JAMB by Protein0: 12:45pm On May 31, 2017
positivetaught:
I have a simple suggestion on how to solve the perenial admission problems in Nigeria, let the States be group into 3s or 4s,so that prospective students from those States can apply directly to any state or federal university within those States, under go the universities entrance exams with good waec/neco results n b admitted, while Jamb set the general standards n supervised, let university of abuja be open to all candidates nationwide. private universities can admits students from wherever they like in compliance with Jamb general standards n regulations. the States should be group as follow;Lagos Ogun Oyo.. ondo ekiti Edo delta..kwara kogi Niger..kebbi sokoto zamfara..Kaduna kano jigawa. borno yobe gombe ..Adamawa taraba bauchi... Benue plateau nasarawa..Enugu ebonyi cross river..anambra IMO abia..akwa ibom rivers bayelsa...ABUJA.I strongly believe this will engender healthy competition,improve standards n at the same time solve the problems of admission. N.B in this case jamb utme will be phased out.

And will this foster cultural integration?

And how do we define good WAEC or NECO results in this era of widespread malpractices?
Re: No Cut Off Mark Announced Yet - Says JAMB by positivetaught: 3:06pm On May 31, 2017
Protein0:

And will this foster cultural integration?

And how do we define good WAEC or NECO results in this era of widespread malpractices?
what cultural integration has the jamb utme fostered all this while, let's stop fooling ourselves n find ways of moving on fast,as for waec/neco standard five credits in the relevant subjects should sufficed, the universities can then organise entrance test to harmonise the standard. n by the way how is the admission conducted in populous n multicultural society like U.S.A without much rancour like ours here?.
Re: No Cut Off Mark Announced Yet - Says JAMB by davieExcel: 3:33pm On May 31, 2017
does FUTO accept ijmb for direct entry?
Re: No Cut Off Mark Announced Yet - Says JAMB by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 4:22pm On May 31, 2017
Badtman:
yes bro, but the moment i tried to proceeded with the Eng reading passage and independence question the system tripped off
I understand, bro.
Re: No Cut Off Mark Announced Yet - Says JAMB by Protein0: 6:25pm On May 31, 2017
positivetaught:
what cultural integration has the jamb utme fostered all this while, let's stop fooling ourselves n find ways of moving on fast,as for waec/neco standard five credits in the relevant subjects should sufficed, the universities can then organise entrance test to harmonise the standard. n by the way how is the admission conducted in populous n multicultural society like U.S.A without much rancour like ours here?.

The present system avail Adamu the opportunity of choosing UNN and Uche d opportunity of choosing ABU which your proposed system won't allow.

Other multicultural societies don't restrict aspirants' choice to a geographical location.
Try and find out sir.
Re: No Cut Off Mark Announced Yet - Says JAMB by OlujobaSamuel: 5:31pm On Jun 01, 2017
pls i need help on change of course for my sis, they are 3, can i do it myself, if yes, can i do the payment with my personal atm for the 3? Thanks
Re: No Cut Off Mark Announced Yet - Says JAMB by positivetaught: 7:42am On Jun 03, 2017
Protein0:

The present system avail Adamu the opportunity of choosing UNN and Uche d opportunity of choosing ABU which your proposed system won't allow.

Other multicultural societies don't restrict aspirants' choice to a geographical location.
Try and find out sir.
I admire your very civil presentation, n I think there is some sense in what u said,I still strongly feel my idea is basically good but to accommodate your observation then perhaps the States combination could be done in manner to include States in different geopolitical zones as a group,what do you think?,my major concern here is a simple workable solution to this perennial embarrassment of university admission wahala.
Re: No Cut Off Mark Announced Yet - Says JAMB by googlestar(f): 7:44am On Jun 03, 2017
JAMB CLOSED THEIR PORTAL IT CAN ONLY BE DONE AT CBT CENTRE
Re: No Cut Off Mark Announced Yet - Says JAMB by Protein0: 7:58am On Jun 03, 2017
positivetaught:
I admire your very civil presentation, n I think there is some sense in what u said,I still strongly feel my idea is basically good but to accommodate your observation then perhaps the States combination could be done in manner to include States in different geopolitical zones as a group,what do you think?,my major concern here is a simple workable solution to this perennial embarrassment of university admission wahala.

I appreciate ur concern for a national issue like this too.
Well, I personally think schools shud be allowed to conduct their respective entrance exams. Registration shud be done by JAMB (to avoid double application).
Schools shud b grouped into 4.
Groups 1 & 2 schools shud conduct their exams same day and complete admission within a specified period. Then groups 3&4 conduct theirs and subsequent admission of successful candidates.

There shud be mop up entrance exams by all schools to fill d few available quotas afterwards.

Grouping should be based on the subscription frequency from aspirants during registration.
JAMB's task will just be registration, monitoring of the school's exams, ensuring strict compliance with d national admission policy and issuance of admission letters

With this, each school will av a very unique standard and deserving students will rarely be denied admission.

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Unreachable Since Last Meeting, Says ASUU / 9 Most Confusing Pictures You Will Ever See (photo) / University Admission: Ijmb (a Level) As The Best Alternative To Jamb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.