Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,952 members, 7,806,755 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:41 PM

Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra (10631 Views)

Oil Price Collapses To $11 Per Barrel Amid Covid-19 Pandemic / The Nigeria Vs Biafra Story In Pictures; 1967 - 2017 - Pic / This CNN 1968 Documentary About Nigeria VS Biafra War Will Shock You [VIDEO] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by caleboxylic: 5:23pm On May 31, 2017
Amarabae:
tell those desperate beggars without any atom of pride.

I don't even want any non-igbo speaking tribe in Biafra except Ibibio, anang and Efik if they wish to join Biafra. I'm 70% sure ogoja/ogoni will join Biafra if given the opportunity. Biafra of only Igbo tribe will be a great nation to reckon with.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by PointB: 6:03pm On May 31, 2017
ahaika23:

Even a child before he's born takes nine months to develop, how much more a proposed country of over 60 million citizens. The process has begun, we need the architects to workout an action plan path to follow and at the appropriate time take landmark actions. I will do my bit starting from here to unite my people the way the Igbos are united. We shall overcome!

The architects are being hunted down and butchered. Some are hounded into jail, and those who manage to crawl out are heavily restricted, and have limited room for maneuver. Under this circumstance any action plan can only be available in bits and pieces and only to a trusted few until the prevailing climate of bullets and gulag is overcome.

The FG will not allow any group of people to sit down to formulate any plan that put her existence in jeopardy. That is why from every intent and purpose IPOB and other actors are employing a system of 'guerrilla tactics' in their approach. Whatever long term plan IPOB have, will solely depend on the success of current tactics. And the success of this tactics will also depend on interested group keying in and making the most of it to the point of bringing the government to a round table. Basically, it is only when the system is overwhelmed and conflagration seems inevitable that government will be willing to listen to calls for referendum. And it is only when this is done, that any semblance of plan will be made available to all concern for input.

So because the road is long and patchy and success is less than assure, those who seek to join must be of single-mind and seize each and every opportunity presented by IPOB, MASSOB, BZM, Niger Delta Avengers, and other such interest groups.

IPOD missed the opportunity to capitalize on the immediate past NDA activities, while a lot of ethnic groups in the Niger Delta are still asking "what is in it for me" and dragging their feet, thereby also missing the opportunity IPOB represent. I can't tell what is in it for everyone, but what I do know is that, if we all work together to reduce the number of fingers that goes into the ever diminishing bowl of fufu, the rest will will be fuller. It's a no-brainer.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by PointB: 6:15pm On May 31, 2017
caleboxylic:

I don't even want any non-igbo speaking tribe in Biafra except Ibibio, anang and Efik if they wish to join Biafra. I'm 70% sure ogoja/ogoni will join Biafra if given the opportunity. Biafra of only Igbo tribe will be a great nation to reckon with.

True. But you need to get Biafra first or get to the point of getting it before deciding who you want or not. If we achieve it together with partners, we can always agree to part ways and be great neighbours.

6 Likes

Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by ahaika23: 6:21pm On May 31, 2017
PointB:

The architects are being hunted down and butchered. Some are hounded into jail, and those who manage to crawl out are heavily restricted, and have limited room for maneuver. Under this circumstance any action plan can only be available in bits and pieces and only to a trusted few until the prevailing climate of bullets and gulag is overcome.

The FG will not allow any group of people to sit down to formulate any plan that put her existence in jeopardy. That is why from every intent and purpose IPOB and other actors are employing a system of 'guerrilla tactics' in their approach. Whatever long term plan IPOB have, will solely depend on the success of current tactics. And the success of this tactics will also depend on interested group keying in and making the most of it to the point of bringing the government to a round table. Basically, it is only when the system is overwhelmed and conflagration seems inevitable that government will be willing to listen to calls for referendum. And it is only when this is done, that any semblance of plan will be made available to all concern for input.

So because the road is long and patchy and success is less than assure, those who seek to join must be of single-mind and seize each and every opportunity presented by IPOB, MASSOB, BZM, Niger Delta Avengers, and other such interest groups.

IPOD missed the opportunity to capitalize on the immediate past NDA activities, while a lot of ethnic groups in the Niger Delta are still asking "what is in it for me" and dragging their feet, thereby also missing the opportunity IPOB represent. I can't tell what is in it for everyone, but what I do know is that, if we all work together to reduce the number of fingers that goes into the ever diminishing bowl of fufu, the rest will will be fuller. It's a no-brainer.

Just as they did to Ken Saro Wiwa, they still maintain that strategy, to kill the struggle by force. But what is being witnessed today and being championed by NK is like I said before unprecedented in the modern struggle. I would suggest we don't bother our heads just yet as to how and what must be done to compel a referendum, as certain external force may be needed to achieve the impossible, the case of Russia annexing Cremea comes to mind. But what is certain is that if the pressure keeps building as it has sustained, we shall achieve our goal.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by Agumbankembu: 6:34pm On May 31, 2017
Thread devoid of fake SSners.
Peaceful.

12 Likes

Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by fabregas04(m): 6:42pm On May 31, 2017
UncleJudax:
There is strength in diversity. But that is only if and when everyone is happy in a "union". Clearly that not the case in Nigeria.

In the same vein, lumping too many unrelated people in Biafra wouldn't be any different from the present Nigeria.

I have always said if the non Igbo folks in the SS want their freedom from Nigeria, their best bet is to have an "MOU" with Biafra, then go their way after the struggle is actualised.

Nobody wants non IGBOs in Biafra
you actually made a very good point.

1 Like

Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by DauraDullardo(m): 6:44pm On May 31, 2017
Agumbankembu:
Thread devoid of fake SSners.
Peaceful.
They've been hovering around and looking for ways to encroach into this thread but there seem to be no headway for them. They'll go to bed tonight staring aimlessly at the ceiling and plotting about what devilry they can unleash tomorrow.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by Agumbankembu: 6:47pm On May 31, 2017
DauraDullardo:
They've been hovering around and looking for ways to encroach into this thread but there seem to be no headway for them. They'll go to bed tonight staring aimlessly at the ceiling and plotting about what devilry they can unleash tomorrow.

Lol.

3 Likes

Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by kingzizzy: 6:49pm On May 31, 2017
Amarabae:

Why do you people hate hearing anything about An Only Igbo Country?

Because Biafra is an 'Igbo only' country and the last president of Biafra, General Philip Effiong, was not Igbo

5 Likes

Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by PointB: 6:49pm On May 31, 2017
ahaika23:

Just as they did to Ken Saro Wiwa, they still maintain that strategy, to kill the struggle by force. But what is being witnessed today and being championed by NK is like I said before unprecedented in the modern struggle. I would suggest we don't bother our heads just yet as to how and what must be done to compel a referendum, as certain external force may be needed to achieve the impossible, the case of Russia annexing Cremea comes to mind. But what is certain is that if the pressure keeps building as it has sustained, we shall achieve our goal.

That is true.
The Ken Saro Wiwa case was also a missed opportunity. Eastern Nigeria folded their hands and watched as life was snuffed out of him and the struggle he represents. We (Igbos) didn't raise a hand to help, maybe because of his past treachery. Uwazuruike would have also felt alone and threatened while he was imprisoned at the peak of his struggle which I believe affected his strategy. In a similar way, NK 'shock and awe' Radio Biafra strategy is about to be replaced with a more subtly system to appeal more to the elite than the masses. I'm not sure how that will pan out.

Nigeria does not respect reason and logic, they respect any 'shock and awe' which threatens the system. So while a subtly and elitist approach will appeal to some, the 'shock and awe' element is still important an element in this struggle for self-determination. It appeals to many.

Sun Tsu, Art of War, Chapter 2 verse 16 says
Now in order to kill the enemy, our men must be roused to anger;

This was the strategy used by NK during his Radio Biafra days to get the people to this point. That strategy must always be deployed and to its maximum effect. In the journey to Biafra, Nigeria is the enemy, and strategy as such to force self determination is fair. The pressure must be sustained and increased, and there must be no let-up. As often as can be possibly arranged, IPOB must come up with options to keep the fire burning, they should not waste to much time over analyzing it. Some IPOD action should be compelling others confounding, even ambiguous.

Even Nigeria government will find it difficult to afford the cost of maintaining order in multiple cities and town across a united better south.

Sun Tsu, Art of War, Chapter 2 verse 19 says
In war, then, let your great object be victory, not lengthy campaigns. #

When there is no idea of what next to do, street protests and rallies are always available. We must make haste. No one can kill an idea whose time has come.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by slivertongue: 6:58pm On May 31, 2017
Kathmandu:
The truth is ND is composed of different ethnic group and lumping them all into Biafra without due consultation will result in anarchy and failure.

Every major Ethnic group there should chart its course on which side it wants to belong instead of bringing them in through propaganda.

The Ijaws are the major players in ND so if they can get their acts right other small riverine group will queue behind them.

The only thing that binds the whole Eastern region together is that the Marginalisation from the centre is affecting them all

u sabi!!!
Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by UncleJudax(m): 7:17pm On May 31, 2017
fabregas04:
you actually made a very good point.
Nobody buys into "Good points". Nigerians are too petty to ever put the right people in the right places.

When I remember Naija, I go just de ask which kind spell de hold black countries backward.

Thanks, nevertheless.
Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by fabregas04(m): 7:21pm On May 31, 2017
cowardafonja:

Really?

I withdrew my comment then.

She should note, however, that most of the divisive elements are from the "waste". They are gifted liars and they have been lying since independence through their gutter media.

So, when next you see a comment that reads: "we the Niger Delta....", observe it closely because often than not, there is a masked demon behind it. Don't even let the name deceive you. Some afonja now answer Emeka, Obvume etc
why do you have to withdraw your comment? Your compatriots are making a very sensible comments, strategizing on how to achieve a long desired Biafra, a Biafra devoid of today's Nigeria problem, all you could contribute is to taunt and insult other tribe, this is thesame thing that lady warned against, when wld u learn to do your thing without insulting others.
Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by slivertongue: 7:30pm On May 31, 2017
ahaika23:
The problem is that there is no single INDIVIDUAL who has the charisma and quality in our region that can SPEAK and others will FOLLOW!

what of Leedon Mitee and Ajumogobia
Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by modik(m): 7:40pm On May 31, 2017
ahaika23:
For me, talk is cheap for all I know. But Action is way too expensive and just a handful can purchase it. They can rant about whatever state they want for all I care but but my only interest is in the person who picks the plough and work the field!

NK just did the talking(Radio Biafra) and walking(traveled down to Nigeria)/working(Sit at home order)

God bless NK

5 Likes

Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by YorubaForum: 7:44pm On May 31, 2017
UncleJudax:
There is strength in diversity. But that is only if and when everyone is happy in a "union". Clearly that not the case in Nigeria.

In the same vein, lumping too many unrelated people in Biafra wouldn't be any different from the present Nigeria.

I have always said if the non Igbo folks in the SS want their freedom from Nigeria, their best bet is to have an "MOU" with Biafra, then go their way after the struggle is actualised.

Nobody wants non IGBOs in Biafra
Oga God will bless you for this post.. I have been saying this, ones any tribe doesn't speak nor understands Igbo, abeg swerve.. After, the will start complaining of marginalization.. I know too well that most part of south-south speaks and understands Igbo but there are still some parts there, that finds it difficult to interact with plain Igbo.. To me ,i will say let's dump those ones and go our way.. Period.. Okwa maka ndu anyi oo

1 Like

Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by ahaika23: 7:58pm On May 31, 2017
lol
DauraDullardo:
Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by HiddenShadow: 8:06pm On May 31, 2017
Amarabae:
Bonny and Okrika are ijaws, if you are really an ijaw guy, you should know that.
And the others you mentioned, is it not the same homogenous Igbo country we are preaching?
I am an Asa indigene by the way, my people will have no problem being in an Igbo only country.

Pls ask questions next time

Bonny has lots of indigenous Igbo population there

Stop talking like Berem

Did Ankio Briggs or Asari insult or embrace Biafra.?

7 Likes

Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by HiddenShadow: 8:08pm On May 31, 2017
ahaika23:

A lot of the people who insult you the Igbos online claiming to be from the Niger Delta are from other regions entirely. So what's the fuss about?

Amarabae lacks wisdom and talks like Berem

Pls ignore her rantings

SS and SE are already united to set themselves free

Ankio Briggs and Asari supports Kanu

3 Likes

Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by HiddenShadow: 8:10pm On May 31, 2017
cowardafonja:

EVERYONE HERE SHOULD PLEASE IGNORE THIS MUMU. IT'S ONE OF THE FORSAKEN DESCENDANTS OF THE FALLEN DEMON. WE EASILY SEE THROUGH THEIR MUMUISH GAMES.

You are wise to realize that Amarabae is not an Igbo girl

She is an Afonja

2 Likes

Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by HiddenShadow: 8:11pm On May 31, 2017
DauraDullardo:
Young lady you need to slow down your row!

I live in the Ijaw heartland of Yenagoa. Trust me they're more than happy to have us amongst them. Infact they actually look up to us for leadership. I'm yet to experience this bitterness and bile you're making reference to. You'll be surprised to know that most of those online characters parading themselves as Niger-Deltans are actually hydraulic soup people and their Northern alamajiri wayfarers. You wouldn't know how far they can go in their divide-and-rule tactics just for the singular purpose of maintaining their demonic stranglehold of the resources coming out from that region.

That notwithstanding, I've also had the opportunity of meeting a particular Ijaw man that said he would rather stay in a country with Hausa/Fulani murderers than with Igbo people. These kind of people are actually bitter because of the level of success they see Igbos achieving in their homeland while they have nothing to show for themselves. This group are in the minority though. The rest might not be too pro-Biafra but they are actually not averse to the idea should it materialise.

She is not one of us

She is an Afonja

2 Likes

Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by YorubaForum: 8:18pm On May 31, 2017
caleboxylic:

The so called Niger delta should fight for there freedom excluding the indigenous Igbo people of the present south south. I'm tired of these so called Niger delta people. IPOB should forget about the non-igbo speaking of old Biafra including Ikwerre.
Oga ikwerre na asu igbo oo...hana asu igbo well well..
Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by ahaika23: 8:19pm On May 31, 2017
slivertongue:

what of Leedon Mitee and Ajumogobia

Leedon is a politician which we all know and as such would always negotiate for his self I determination and that of his family.

Ajumogobia on the other hand is a self-fulfilled gentleman and as such has no problems. He has never been in the front burner of the Niger Delta discuss/struggle.This kind of task is not meant for a man who needs to be pushed to act

2 Likes

Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by slivertongue: 8:25pm On May 31, 2017
ahaika23:

Leedon is a politician which we all know and as such would always negotiate for his self I determination and that of his family.

Ajumogobia on the other hand is a self-fulfilled gentleman and as such has no problems. He has never been in the front burner of the Niger Delta discuss/struggle.This kind of task is not meant for a man who needs to be pushed to act

you could be the finger behind them
if you know those behind Kanu you will give those guys a chance
there are no perfect leaders anywhere

1 Like

Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by Nobody: 8:38pm On May 31, 2017
Nice thread! Weldone Ahaika, Amarabae, Candyrain, Kathmandu and others. Keep up the good work.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by YorubaForum: 9:08pm On May 31, 2017
Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by Nobody: 9:13pm On May 31, 2017
ahaika23:

We all have so many things in common I tell you, the whole of the eastern region. But Rivers State is just blessed with so many languages. Besides that, the other things are generally same within the region.As for the bolded, that does not apply in all honesty.
You are very correct. If not for the "we South South crew" on this forum that attack Igbos with ferocity, I don't think the average Igboman will have a problem sharing the same country with ND tribes. After all, Rivers State is a composition of different ethnic group, including Igbos and Ijaws, but the state is peaceful.

6 Likes

Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by ahaika23: 9:19pm On May 31, 2017
I intentionally ignored her saying Bonny is not an Igbo speaking people.
HiddenShadow:

Pls ask questions next time

Bonny has lots of indigenous Igbo population there

Stop talking like Berem

Did Ankio Briggs or Asari insult or embrace Biafra.?

2 Likes

Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by ahaika23: 9:22pm On May 31, 2017
It should never be a battle of supremacy between Igbos and the other tribes in the South South but a coming together of people with the SAME AGITATION, justice and equity!
YorubaForum:

Oga God will bless you for this post.. I have been saying this, ones any tribe doesn't speak nor understands Igbo, abeg swerve.. After, the will start complaining of marginalization.. I know too well that most part of south-south speaks and understands Igbo but there are still some parts there, that finds it difficult to interact with plain Igbo.. To me ,i will say let's dump those ones and go our way.. Period.. Okwa maka ndu anyi oo

3 Likes

Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by Nobody: 9:23pm On May 31, 2017
ahaika23:

There are so many Igbo speaking tribes in Rivers State which include Etche, Ikwerre, Obio/Akpor, Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni, Emuoha, Oyigbo, Bonny, Okirika L.G.A that speak Igbo either in part or in full and it is only natural to include your folks in Biafra afterall it was Nigeria that separated us in the first place. But because of other tribes in the region, it is therefore important to engage every member tribe fully and let each have his pride and right fully so as to make the breakaway succeed.
Beautifully put. But Tonyebarcanister and Ekinematics will disagree with you. I'll love to see a mutual round table talk that lead to harmonious understanding between the two group.

2 Likes

Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by Nobody: 9:26pm On May 31, 2017
The OP might be very sincere in this post, and I think it is necessary Igbos engage him with superior argument on the feasibility of his position, whether it will work or not. No need to insult or call anybody minority. If Biafra comes, I'll love to see that word 'minority' completely buried. Equality and meritocracy should be the bane of our existence.

4 Likes

Re: Without The Sound Of The Barrel! Niger Delta Vs Biafra by DerideGull(m): 9:32pm On May 31, 2017
Kathmandu:
The truth is ND is composed of different ethnic group and lumping them all into Biafra without due consultation will result in anarchy and failure.

Every major Ethnic group there should chart its course on which side it wants to belong instead of bringing them in through propaganda.

The Ijaws are the major players in ND so if they can get their acts right other small riverine group will queue behind them.

The only thing that binds the whole Eastern region together is that the Marginalisation from the centre is affecting them all

Ndigbo are steadfast in their quest to achieve home land. Any group is free to declare its homeland too. The die is cast.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

President Buhari Condoles APC Jigawa, Sokoto Over Loss Of Supporters / Court Will Decide El-zakzaky’s Fate, Presidency Tells Shiites / Mass Abduction: FG Begins Relocation Of Pupils From Borno, Yobe, Adamawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.