Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,103 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

Garba Umar Durbunde Kidnapped - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Garba Umar Durbunde Kidnapped (28621 Views)

Buhari Accepts Abba Kyari’s Death As Will Of God – Garba Shehu / Wole Soyinka: Garba Shehu Is A Paid Propagandist Hired To Distract Nigerians / Sowore, Dasuki: Garba Shehu Angry Over Media Reports, May Appeal Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Garba Umar Durbunde Kidnapped by PMBNG(m): 1:48pm On May 31, 2017
A member of the House of Representatives, Garba Umar- Durbunde, representing Sumaila/Takai Constituency of Kano State, has been kidnapped in Kaduna.

The PUNCH gathered that Umar-Durbunde was kidnapped at Jere along the Kaduna-Abuja Road around 5pm on Tuesday on his way to Kano from the Federal Capital Territory.

It could not be immediately ascertained if he was alone in the vehicle during the incident.

A member of the House, who pleaded anonymity, said the abductors had not contacted family members and friends of the lawmaker.

“He was kidnapped on his way to Kano from Abuja. His family and friends have not heard anything about him,” he said.

A police source stated, “The lawmaker was on his way to Kano when he was abducted but details of the incident are sketchy. What I can confirm is that the police had launched a massive manhunt for the hoodlums who perpetrated the abduction and we are sure of rescuing the lawmaker soon and apprehending his captors subsequently.”

The Kaduna State Police Command spokesman, Aliyu Usman, confirmed the abduction of Umar-Durbunde by suspected hoodlums, but declined to speak further on efforts to rescue him.

“I can confirm the abduction of the lawmaker,” he told one of our correspondents on the telephone on Wednesday but declined to provide additional details.

The Presidency and the Governor of Kano State, Dr. Abdullahi Ganduje, expressed shock over the kidnapping of the lawmaker.

The Senior Special Assistant to the President on National Assembly Matters (House of Representatives), Mr. Abdulrahman Kawu, told The PUNCH that the incident was condemnable, calling on security operatives to ensure his release.

“This is a condemnable act; I have just heard about it. I am still expecting the details and it is shocking,” Kawu stated.

On his part, Ganduje condemned the kidnapping, saying it was unfortunate that such evil was carried out during the Ramadan.

In a statement by the Kano State Commissioner for Information, Mr. Garba Muhammad, on behalf of the state government, the governor called on security agents to secure the release of the lawmaker.

He stated, “Governor Ganduje, who was shocked by the news of the sad and unfortunate event, particularly at this holy month of Ramadan, condemned it in the strongest term as an act of wickedness perpetrated by evil and cold-hearted elements.

“He therefore called on the police force and other security agencies to intensify effort to rescue the kidnapped lawmaker while also advising members of the public to be vigilante and security conscious at all times.

http://punchng.com/gunmen-kidnap-kano-rep-in-kaduna-whereabouts-unknown/

1 Share

Re: Garba Umar Durbunde Kidnapped by Paulpaulpaul(m): 2:08pm On May 31, 2017
He should help the nation with good laws when he is back.

I pray they release him safely

49 Likes

Re: Garba Umar Durbunde Kidnapped by Sketchandcraft(m): 2:12pm On May 31, 2017
We are getting there sooner or later

24 Likes

Re: Garba Umar Durbunde Kidnapped by damola1: 2:26pm On May 31, 2017
better democrazy gift.

3 Likes

Re: Garba Umar Durbunde Kidnapped by signature2012(m): 2:26pm On May 31, 2017
He should feel the pains of what ordinary citizen feel when they get kidnapped.

28 Likes

Re: Garba Umar Durbunde Kidnapped by 234ng44uk(m): 2:27pm On May 31, 2017
Now the kidnappers are working. Just leave the common man who made his money legitimately out of this. Start with the Senate President, well done!

106 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Garba Umar Durbunde Kidnapped by Sultanchidi(m): 2:27pm On May 31, 2017
I comment my reserve

Hmmmm he is a politician

3 Likes

Re: Garba Umar Durbunde Kidnapped by prinsam30: 2:27pm On May 31, 2017
na dem sabi
Re: Garba Umar Durbunde Kidnapped by Pavore9: 2:28pm On May 31, 2017
Dem want their own share! angry

3 Likes

Re: Garba Umar Durbunde Kidnapped by Sultanchidi(m): 2:28pm On May 31, 2017
I comment my reserve

Hmmmm he is a politician

What d masses pass through each day is worst than kidnapping

5 Likes

Re: Garba Umar Durbunde Kidnapped by ogashman(m): 2:29pm On May 31, 2017
nobody is safe in this country even the rich....if he was formally a bench warmer in the house,he wud be more proactive after his release.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Garba Umar Durbunde Kidnapped by goshen26: 2:29pm On May 31, 2017
Make them give am EBA n white sand chop....

I hope they release him safely sha, cos guys de vex....

Singing...boredom is killing me.....ko si ina ko si omi economy yi fe so mi di were

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Garba Umar Durbunde Kidnapped by Ihutomi: 2:29pm On May 31, 2017
See aboki sense only him d travel at dat odd time, all the best

1 Like

Re: Garba Umar Durbunde Kidnapped by Ekakamba: 2:29pm On May 31, 2017
The Revolution Don start?

2 Likes

Re: Garba Umar Durbunde Kidnapped by Nobody: 2:29pm On May 31, 2017
yeebaaa osheeeey
Re: Garba Umar Durbunde Kidnapped by Michel2013: 2:34pm On May 31, 2017
more of this. thumps up!

1 Like

Re: Garba Umar Durbunde Kidnapped by Handsomecole(m): 2:34pm On May 31, 2017
The Youths you fail to provide jobs for will oneday come for you and your family in form of criminals and kidnappers.

I pray he is released safely.

9 Likes

Re: Garba Umar Durbunde Kidnapped by crazyABO(m): 2:35pm On May 31, 2017
Let him finish his tenure dre jawe tongue

3 Likes

Re: Garba Umar Durbunde Kidnapped by mazizitonene(m): 2:35pm On May 31, 2017
this is the best headline i've seen in a long while......

abeg they should leave the masses and focus on this politicians......Make dem get small sense....what goes around comes around tongue

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Garba Umar Durbunde Kidnapped by soberdrunk(m): 2:35pm On May 31, 2017
I like this!!!! Make "Everybody" dey feel am till we find solution...... angry

12 Likes

Re: Garba Umar Durbunde Kidnapped by basty: 2:37pm On May 31, 2017
Okay o, Let them feel the pulse of what a common Nigerian feels

2 Likes

Re: Garba Umar Durbunde Kidnapped by ephi321(f): 2:37pm On May 31, 2017
Very good. More of this please.

1 Like

Re: Garba Umar Durbunde Kidnapped by sylva1(m): 2:38pm On May 31, 2017
The lawmaker will undoubtedly see what some common men go through in the hands of the kidnappers.

6 Likes

Re: Garba Umar Durbunde Kidnapped by Monzuur(m): 2:40pm On May 31, 2017
Crimes are getting better

6 Likes

Re: Garba Umar Durbunde Kidnapped by Burgerlomo: 2:41pm On May 31, 2017
But why are these people being partial? They supposed to hire the young shall grow buses and go to the upper and lower chambers to abduct all the corrupt elements among them, who knows maybe the one they abducted is fighting for the masses.
Re: Garba Umar Durbunde Kidnapped by Nobody: 2:46pm On May 31, 2017
ephi321:
Very good. More of this please.
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Garba Umar Durbunde Kidnapped by ephi321(f): 2:48pm On May 31, 2017
Kathmandu:
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

They should head to national assembly and eventually aso rock cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Garba Umar Durbunde Kidnapped by DeRay98(m): 2:51pm On May 31, 2017
234ng44uk:
Now the kidnappers are working. Just leave the common man who made his money legitimately out of this. Start with the Senate President, well done!

You said my mind. I have long been wishing this happens to the politicians.

6 Likes

Re: Garba Umar Durbunde Kidnapped by tuoyoojo(m): 2:53pm On May 31, 2017
dat jere by pass is extremely quiet

I really hope they would beef up security there

"quick recovery " to the politician

1 Like

Re: Garba Umar Durbunde Kidnapped by OlatunbosunAb13: 2:53pm On May 31, 2017
He will have a firsthand knowledge of how the shoe pinches an ordinary nigerian.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sehu Sani Welcomes Sunday Igboho To ‘Ex-Prisoners Club' / Ekweremadu: Ohanaeze Writes UK Embassy, Issues Warning To Blackmailers / Israeli Ambassador, Michael Freeman Visits Tinubu At His Campaign Office (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.