Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,341 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:35 AM

Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? (36021 Views)

Supreme Court: Celebration In Imo As Uzodinma Is Declared Winner / IF BIAFRA REFERENDUM IS ACCEPT TO HOLD TODAY I'LL GO TO COURT & STOP IT! / Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared?? PART 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Rossikki: 2:44pm On May 31, 2017
Latest estimates put the number of Igbos resident outside their region at 7 to 10 million.

Some figures go as high as 15 million.

Is the SE prepared to welcome this number of "returnees", after they are declared illegal aliens in Nigeria, and promptly deported?

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by vagabondMynd44: 2:53pm On May 31, 2017
No they will be exported..

They keep forking like pigs causing overpopulation and they don't have space.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by laudate: 2:53pm On May 31, 2017
Rossikki:
Latest estimates put the number of Igbos resident outside their region at 7 to 10 million.

Is the SE prepared to welcome this number of "returnees", after they are declared illegal aliens in Nigeria, and promptly deported?

Good question. cheesy Anyone who has the answers should please share them with us. The Nigerian govt will make a lot of money from entry visas, CERPAC, residents permit, work permit etc. annually, once the Biafrans decide to return to Nigeria.cool Don't forget that many of them still want to eat their cake and have it. They want to remain in Nigeria running their businesses, and at the same time they want to be citizens of their proposed newly-independent country.

What is the population of Biafrans among the Nd'Igbo serving in the federal govt agencies, institutions and parastatals? One needs to look at it. undecided They cannot continue working in sensitive positions and agencies, since they would no longer be citizens of Nigeria. They would have to relinquish those posts, for bona-fide Nigerians, don't you think so? shocked

115 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by menxer: 2:53pm On May 31, 2017
It won't get to that archaic method, the option to neutralize would be made available to those that doesn't want to go back or have dual citizenship.

Though laudate has a point, of Biafrans wanting to eat their cake and still have, those that would be affected are mostly those in sensitive positions in federal employ, but then nobody can force those that want to stay in and be Nigerian to go.

6 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by malton: 2:54pm On May 31, 2017
Heheeh.

I "comment my reserve."

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Rossikki: 2:57pm On May 31, 2017
laudate:

Good question. cheesy Anyone who has the answers should please share them with us. The Nigerian govt will make a lot of money from entry visas, CERPAC, residents permit, work permit etc. annually, once the Biafrans decide to return to Nigeria.cool Don't forget that many of them still want to eat their cake and have it. They want to remain in Nigeria running their businesses, and at the same time they want to be citizens of their proposed newly-independent country.

What is the population of Biafrans among the Nd'Igbo serving in the federal govt agencies and parastatals? One needs to look at it. undecided They cannot continue working in sensitive positions and agencies, since they would no longer be citizens of Nigeria. They would have to relinquish those posts, for bona-fide Nigerians, don't you think so? shocked

I think it's probably a good time to join the Nigerian Police. Can you imagine the number of Igbo businessmen that would be desperate to remain in Nigeria without valid papers? I can see serious money changing hands in all this. Please, how can I apply for police job? I'm interested. Who no like mansion?

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by vagabondMynd44: 2:59pm On May 31, 2017
laudate:

What is the population of Biafrans among the Nd'Igbo serving in the federal govt agencies and parastatals? One needs to look at it. undecided They cannot continue working in sensitive positions and agencies, since they would no longer be citizens of Nigeria. They would have to relinquish those posts, for bona-fide Nigerians, don't you think so? shocked

They are living in fools paradise.
It will soon dawn on them that they need Nigeria more than Nigeria needs them

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by laudate: 2:59pm On May 31, 2017
menxer:
It won't get to that archaic method, the option to neutralize would be made available to those that doesn't want to go back or have dual citizenship.

Says who? Who will give them that option to naturalise? Nigeria? Let me laugh very well in Greek. grin I want to see how you would force Nigerian govt to offer this option. cheesy

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Agumbankembu: 3:01pm On May 31, 2017
Rossikki:
I think it's probably a good time to join the Nigerian Police. Can you imagine the number of Igbo businessmen that would be desperate to remain in Nigeria without valid papers? I can see serious money changing hands in all this. Please, how can I apply for police work? I'm interested.

Same guy claiming Igbo man. If you are to join NPF to collect bribe, I guess even ur Nigeria won't change after Biafra is gone.
SMH. This is the mindset that you are using to promote pan Africanism??

53 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Rossikki: 3:02pm On May 31, 2017
laudate:

Says who? Who will give them that option? Nigeria? Let me laugh very well in Greek. grin I want to see how you would force Nigerian govt to offer this option. cheesy

They are banking on the "zoo" to give them an "option"?

Is that delusional or what?

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Agumbankembu: 3:02pm On May 31, 2017
vagabondMynd44:

They are living in fools paradise.
It will soon dawn on them that they need Nigeria more than Nigeria needs them

Your Nigeria is going down the drain, btw baba have borrowed 5trn in 2 years, how do you plan to pay up?

Or is it to stay on NL and rant against Biafra all your life?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by vagabondMynd44: 3:02pm On May 31, 2017
laudate:

Says who? Who will give them that option? Nigeria? Let me laugh very well in Greek. grin I want to see how you would force Nigerian govt to offer this option. cheesy

Funny enof, that's what most of them shouting biafra carry about as belief.
They want to leave but others can't ask them to leave too.

That's why they can't achieve anything, the selfish manner in which they think

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by laudate: 3:03pm On May 31, 2017
Rossikki:
They are banking on the "zoo" to give them an "option"?

I no know say you sef see am!! cool cheesy grin

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by conductor2: 3:09pm On May 31, 2017
Rossikki:

We are ready, as long the brown roof republic is ready to welcome all their own deportees seeking refuge in Italy, Brazil, etc.

11 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by menxer: 3:11pm On May 31, 2017
laudate:

You are reasoning from the point of hate, don't forget by then international diplomacy would play its role as Nigeria would be dealing with Biafra as a sovereign nation and all the diplomatic abracadabra would play out.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Rossikki: 3:12pm On May 31, 2017
laudate:

I no know say you sef see am!! cool cheesy grin

It's strange that they still see some civilised qualities in the 'zoo'.

It will hit them hard when they see how truly uncivilised this 'zoo' can be.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Rossikki: 3:16pm On May 31, 2017
menxer:

You are reasoning from the point of hate, don't forget by then international diplomacy would play its role as Nigeria would be dealing with Biafra as a sovereign nation and all the diplomatic abracadabra would play out.

Every nation has the inalienable right to deport all illegal immigrants from its territory. In fact, Nigeria will have the right to build a huge, lengthy, southern border WALL to protect itself from Igbo immigrants, just as Trump is doing in America to keep out the Mexicans.

72 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by raumdeuter: 3:19pm On May 31, 2017
menxer:

So how do non citizens of a country get to stay in that country? The home country will give them conditions for immigration and naturalization which is usually at that home country's discretion

So why has International diplomacy not enforced USA to allow as many Mexicans who want to be American be? Can international diplomacy force Nigeria to naturalize all Togolese who want to?

60 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by kingzizzy: 3:22pm On May 31, 2017
Rossikki:

If you take Britain that just left the EU, over 3 million EU citizens in the UK. Will Britain deport them? No, not really.

In the event of Biafra seceding from Nigeria, both sides will have to discuss the sharing of assets, liabilities and debts. This means that there will be a discussion on 'Biafra/Nigeria' reltionship and the status of its citizens. A 'transition period' will have to be agreed on to allow the agreemwnts take effect

It is not likely that Nigeria will start deporting all Igbos straightaway as this could illegal under international law. Another reason why Nigeria wont do this is because it will damage Nigeria and the Nigerian economy irreparably before the international community. No international investor will ever step foot in Nigeria ever again when hear that Nigeria deported millions of people it once called brothers.

Such mass deportations only destroys the credibility of a country

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Pavarottii(m): 3:22pm On May 31, 2017
U guys just keep creating senseless posts. Allow dem go. If u don't need dem. U think they won't go with their business?. Is u guys that Wil run there to go buy goods.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by laudate: 3:22pm On May 31, 2017
menxer:

Bros, grow up. Nobody is reasoning from a position of hate. We are just telling you the reality on the ground. sad You know very little about international law and diplomacy, to think that pressure can be brought to bear on a sovereign country on how it conducts its internal affairs with regard to immigration. Prior to 1976, Nigerians as well as other commonwealth citizens did not need a visa to visit the united Kingdom. All that changed, when the UK govt enacted new laws to prevent the influx of immigrants. What did the international community do about it? Nothing. shocked

There are several other countries that have changed their immigration policy to suit their socio-economic reality. sad What has the international community done about it? Zero. Were you not on this planet when Saudi Arabia refused to receive fellow Middle-Eastern neighbours from Syria and other war-torn areas, into its borders? What did the rest of the world do? They allowed Saudi Arabia to have its own way. undecided

Nigeria is a signatory to a lot of international treaties. How many has it domesticated locally? Even the ones it has domesticated, how many have been complied with? Continue to bank on international diplomacy to resolve issues, that cannot be backed up by any means of enforcement. I laugh in Cantonese!! cheesy

If you want to establish diplomatic relations with another country, and that nation refuses to recognise you or to agree to establish relations with your country, what will you do? Are you going to hold a gun to their heads to do so? You are now banking on the rest of the world to use diplomacy to fight the cause of your Biafran citizens within Nigeria, the same way you chaps thought that Trump would support your plans for secession. Una well done! wink

88 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by ProWalker: 3:24pm On May 31, 2017
Igbo legal migrants and illegal immigrants in Nigeria, I love the sound of that and I can't wait to see the day such will happen. grin grin cheesy cheesy

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by ProWalker: 3:27pm On May 31, 2017
kingzizzy:

If you take Britain that just left the EU, over 3 million EU citizens in the UK. Will Britain deport them? No, not really.

In the event of Biafra seceding from Nigeria, both sides will have to discuss the sharing of assets, liabilities and debts. This means that there will be a discussion on 'Biafra/Nigeria' reltionship and the status of its citizens. A 'transition period' will have to be agreed on to allow the agreemwnts take effect

It is not likely that Nigeria will start deporting all Igbos straightaway as this could illegal under international law. Another reason why Nigeria wont do this is because it will damage Nigeria and the Nigerian economy irreparably before the international community. No international investor will ever step foot in Nigeria ever again when hear that Nigeria deported millions of people it once called brothers.

The scenario you created above is on the basis that such cessation of relationship is on amicable ground, which I doubt with all these bad blood getting to boiling point at the moment. Personally I don't think the Yorubas will be as forgiven and accommodating as the last time.

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Rossikki: 3:27pm On May 31, 2017
kingzizzy:

You sound like a dreamer. You actually expect the Nigerian govt to sit down with you and discuss terms of secession? I mean, you are just deluded. The rest of your post is similarly delusional.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by freshest4live: 3:27pm On May 31, 2017
menxer:

It's not as easy as you make it though, especially if the Nigerian Government is antagonistic towards Biafra, this is why Nnamdi kanu's method is unreasonable, calling Nigeria a zoo to get Biafra is not the right step, his agitation should have been centered on referendum alone putting pressure on the lgbo leaders and lnternational community rather than declaring for arms(guns and bullets) and referring to Nigeria as a zoo. He's making it seem he is ready for war thereby making enemies of the same Nigerian Government that could make the Biafra dream come true easily.

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Rmxr: 3:27pm On May 31, 2017
Whatever would happen is their business. They should just do fast and go.

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by laudate: 3:31pm On May 31, 2017
kingzizzy:

Deportation does not destroy the credibility of anything. The UK and USA have been conducting deportations of foreigners from their soil for many years (especially Africans), but it has not affected their credibility one bit. It is this false confidence that you chaps hold on to, that amuses me. cheesy

In the past, Nigeria did not give in to your claims. Yet you chaps are cocksure that today they would sit down to discuss "Biafra/Nigeria' reltionship and the status of its citizens." Whosai?! shocked Assumption is the mother of all fvckups. undecided Even if they embark on such discussions, Nigeria would have the upper hand and such discussions could drag on for several years! shocked

Diplomatic ties are not built on assumptions, illusions, blackmail, subtle manipulations or force. Like I said before, "If you want to establish diplomatic relations with another country, and that nation refuses to recognise you or to agree to establish ties with your country, what will you do?" Are you going to hold a gun to their heads to do so?

Nigeria may not deport 3 million Biafrans in one fell swoop, but they could enact laws to make it difficult, (if not nearly impossible) for Biafrans to visit or settle and do business within their borders. There is something called ease of entry and exit. And every sovereign country holds the aces in this regard.

That is why today, Botswana citizens with a valid passport do not need a visa to visit the UK, while you and I as well as citizens from over 40 other African countries, do.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Naijaguy12345(m): 3:32pm On May 31, 2017
Family deportation

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by ProWalker: 3:33pm On May 31, 2017
Rmxr:
Whatever would happen is their business. They should just do fast and go.
grin grin grin grin grin
I like your straight to business approach
It is this sort of OP reality check that Igbos hardly accept. They want to have a Biafra but at the same time have the ability to stroll in and out Nigeria at their pleasure with an Okene Dilli Chwkwu night bus.

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Rmxr: 3:36pm On May 31, 2017
ProWalker:

grin grin grin grin grin
I like your straight to business approach

Bro, nothing irks me more than seeing Yorubas kicking against the agitation of these people. It's pathetic bro. People who do that disgust me. We need to start calling them out

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by ESDKING: 3:38pm On May 31, 2017
Rossikki:

I think it's probably a good time to join the Nigerian Police. Can you imagine the number of Igbo businessmen that would be desperate to remain in Nigeria without valid papers? I can see serious money changing hands in all this. Please, how can I apply for police job? I'm interested. Who no like mansion?

But you said u re igbo or are suffering from identity crisis ?.

Afonja, keep having nightmares over people who don't give a fuccck about u.

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Peter Obi Campaign Vehicle On Fire In Ebonyi State (Pictures) / Drama As Atiku Avoids Endorsing Gubernatorial Candidate In Kano / Jonathan Defeats Buhari In Nasarawa Nasarawa (official Results)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.